PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Judge Orders Arrest of PM Nominee......

MMC
06-22-2012, 06:16 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/61053000/jpg/_61053455_015117813-1.jpg

A judge in Pakistan has ordered the arrest of President Asif Ali Zardari's preferred candidate for prime minister, just a day after he was nominated.

Makhdoom Shahabuddin's arrest warrant is linked to imports of an illegal drug while he was health minister.

Parliament is due to vote on a new PM on Friday to replace Yousuf Raza Gilani. The Supreme Court disqualified him because of a contempt conviction.

The order for his arrest was issued by an anti-narcotics court judge in the northern city of Rawalpindi.
It is linked to allegations of illegal imports of the drug ephedrine while he was health minister......snip~

Even if Mr Shahabuddin does become prime minister, he is likely to face the same Supreme Court demand as Mr Gilani for the launch of a corruption inquiry into Mr Zardari.

The charges against President Zardari date back to the 1990s when his late wife Benazir Bhutto was prime minister. They were accused of using Swiss bank accounts to launder bribe money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18531773

Seems whoever step up to challenge Zardari always has some charges coming the them. Not so hard to understand why he feels the way he does about the US. Especially since we bailed on Bhutto. Still doesn't mean we should take any interference by them whatsoever. Get in the way of the steam roller that is really looking to roll and trust me the Pakis will start singing another tune.

Goldie Locks
06-22-2012, 10:37 AM
This Pakistani government is proving to be almost as corrupt as the Obama regime.

Almost.

I'm afraid Pakistan is heading for an implosion!!!

Pakistan's supreme court judges are running amok and trampling any sense of justice or fairness or democracy. Removal of an elected prime minister by unelected and unaccountable judges is unprecedented in any parliamentary democracy anywhere.

If Pakistanis have to live with dictatorship, they'd be much better off under military generals than corrupt judges. Judiciary is the second most corrupt institution in Pakistan while military is the cleanest, according to TI data.
http://www.riazhaq.com/2012/06/welcome-judicial-coup-in-islamabad.html

MMC
06-22-2012, 10:46 AM
This Pakistani government is proving to be almost as corrupt as the Obama regime.

Almost.

I'm afraid Pakistan is heading for an implosion!!!

Pakistan's supreme court judges are running amok and trampling any sense of justice or fairness or democracy. Removal of an elected prime minister by unelected and unaccountable judges is unprecedented in any parliamentary democracy anywhere.

If Pakistanis have to live with dictatorship, they'd be much better off under military generals than corrupt judges. Judiciary is the second most corrupt institution in Pakistan while military is the cleanest, according to TI data.

http://www.riazhaq.com/2012/06/welcome-judicial-coup-in-islamabad.html

I always thought Bush should have backed Benazir Bhutto when she decide to run for PM again. She gave that interview I think it was with BBC and even said who would be better to bring it to those that wish to be terrorists. Who would Support the US fully. She was!

Then they killed her out in the open when she was Campaigning. It was a major mistake IMO, that we did not jump in on that totally. Getting us an absolute lockdown on those Nukes. As well as a staunch ally to take it to the Taliban. Course the Pakis have always blamed her for corruption and associated her with the Nobility.

Goldie Locks
06-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I always thought Bush should have backed Benazir Bhutto when she decide to run for PM again. She gave that interview I think it was with BBC and even said who would be better to bring it to those that wish to be terrorists. Who would Support the US fully. She was!

Then they killed her out in the open when she was Campaigning. It was a major mistake IMO, that we did not jump in on that totally. Getting us an absolute lockdown on those Nukes. As well as a staunch ally to take it to the Taliban. Course the Pakis have always blamed her for corruption and associated her with the Nobility.

Yeah, you're right about that. She should have been highly supported by the US