PDA

View Full Version : Dems Who Pushed Obamacare Down Our Throats, Now Ask: “Who Dealt This Mess Anyway?”

Wehrwolfen
02-18-2015, 10:27 PM
Democrats Who Pushed Obamacare Down Our Throats, Now Ask: “Who Dealt This Mess Anyway?”

By MOTUS
2-17-2015

CAUTION: Mildly NSFW or CHILDREN

There’s no reason you should be familiar with the Fugs unless you’re a conservator of semi-popular rock protest bands from the ‘60’s. Butt when I heard that Democratic Representatives Sander Levin (D-MI), Jim McDermott (D-WA), and Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) were demanding relief From Obamacare Penalties for their constituents because they were likely to get hit with a huge “tax” penalty in – horrors! – a presidential ELECTION YEAR, well the Fugs song was the first thing that jumped into my head: “Who dealt this mess, anyway?”

According to the AP report, the three congressional Democrats who are now saying that the millions of Americans facing new tax penalties “deserve a second chance” are the same Democrats who “worked to help steer Obama's law through rancorous congressional debates from 2009-2010.” So to answer the question “who dealt this mess?” – they did.

Doggett, Levin, Rangel, McDermott, and all their Democrat cohorts: thanks boys!

As is the habit with liberals however, they do not wish to be held accountable for the fallout from passing such an onerous law. So now they’re whining that they need another exemption from the very law they passed because they didn’t realize just how “taxing” (h/t John Roberts) the penalty for failing to enroll in the mandatory Obamacare program by the February 15, 2015 deadline would be:

…the uninsured will all be hit with a $325 fine or two percent of their income (whichever is higher) for failure to enroll in 2015. In 2016, the Obamacare tax penalty will be an average $1,100…

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-5D-q4yU-FF0/VOJB5ClJYiI/AAAAAAABSyY/PGc5R-lCQiE/tax_penalties_graphic_t614_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jp g?imgmax=800

Ouch! So the good Representatives are now begging Big Guy to whip out his legislative pen, rewrite that intolerable Obamacare law - that somebody voted for - again and cut their valued voters constituents a break. And it looks like Big Guy will deliver:

The Department of Health and Human Services has extended the 2015 Obamacare deadline for select customers stuck in the system, after reports some people were met with website delays and phone call backlogs when trying to sign up.

“We know many of you worked hard to enroll in a plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace,” a statement read on the Healthcare.gov blog. “Despite your best efforts, you may not have been able to complete your application and select a plan.”

According to HHS, the special enrollment period will start on February 16, 2015, and end on February 22, 2015, in time for healthcare coverage on March 1.

No word yet if not signing up because of “sticker shock” will qualify as a “despite your best efforts, you may not have been able to complete your application and select a plan,” butt I suspect it will. After all, we’re talking about an election year.

And I wonder what we’ll do next, when all of our millennial voters find out just exactly how lousy the plan they were forced to buy is (“Insured, but Not Covered”).(http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/su...ered.html?_r=2 (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/sunday-review/insured-but-not-covered.html?_r=2))

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-1eK0iqQpRm4/VOLM0_-GDpI/AAAAAAABSzU/pWYcoiJZe5k/hope%252520poster_thumb%25255B46%25255D.png?imgmax =800
Truthiness in advertising

And that my friends, reminds me of a song…

The Fugs - Wide, Wide River

River of s**T,
River of s**t,
Flow on, flow on, river of s**t,
Right from my toes,
On up to my nose,
Flow on, flow on, river of s**t.
I've been swimming In this river of s**t,
More than 20 years, and I'm getting tired of it,
Don't like swimming, hope it'll soon run dry,
Got to go on swimming, cause I don't want to die.

Who dealt this mess, anyway?
Yea, it's an old card player's term,
but sometimes you can use the old switcheroo and it can be applied to ...
Frontal politics
What I mean is ...

Thanks Obama!

(Excerpt)

Read more:
http://www.michellesmirror.com/2015/...l#.VONlp2co5jp (http://www.michellesmirror.com/2015/02/who-dealt-this-mess-anyway.html#.VONlp2co5jp)

The mess should never have been written, passed or dealt to begin with. The height of political arrogance is that Democrats that voted for Obamacare are now crying foul. They can't point the finger of accusation at Republicans because not one Republican voted for Obamacare. As Madam Pelosi told us, "It had to be passed for us to know what was in it." The definition of a stool sample.

JDubya
02-19-2015, 11:10 AM
11.4 million people have signed up.

ACA enrollment numbers soar (http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/aca-enrollment-numbers-soar)

Read it & weep.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 11:12 AM

ACA enrollment numbers soar (http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/aca-enrollment-numbers-soar)

Read it & weep.

Why is this an important number for the bottom feeding left?

What's the significance?

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 11:13 AM
The mainstream left is starting to ask these questions actually but you won't see these issues discussed in the hack rags like KOS.

hanger4
02-19-2015, 11:30 AM

Read it & weep.

Irrelevant to the OP.

JDubya
02-19-2015, 12:00 PM

What's the significance?

It's an important number because for the past couple of years, you all have been howling about how Obamacare was so awful & would prove to be so unpopular, nobody would ever sign up. The dickhead right has been squirming around ever since this thing was first proposed, harping on every negative aspect of it they could conjure up, whether real or imagined & no matter how petty or insignificant.

As soon as it became apparent that there were going to be glitches in the initial roll out, which were to be expected in any undertaking of that size & magnitude, the reprobate right jumped all over it, howling about what a disaster it was. You trumpeted about how Americans were going to hate it. How the figure of 7 million enrollees that Obama had set as a target would never be reached, then after it was reached, you all moved onto some other gloom & scenario & latched onto that, then another, then another & another, ad nauseum.

And even now, as enrollment numbers are beginning to soar, all you jerks can do is whine like kicked dogs, try to spin reality to fit your wishful thinking or change the subject by talking about some other tangential aspect of it.

By the time Republicans ever retake the WH & gain control of enough of Congress to repeal it, it will have become a popular & entrenched part of American life & the Repugthugs will have neither the spine, the guts or the political backbone to snatch it away.

Hah hah fucking HAH!!!

Irrelevant to the OP.

Bull.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 12:03 PM
It's an important number because for the past couple of years, you all have been howling about how Obamacare was so awful & would prove to be so unpopular, nobody would ever sign up. The dickhead right has been squirming around ever since this thing was first proposed, harping on every negative aspect of it they could conjure up, whether real or imagined & no matter how petty or insignificant.

As soon as it became apparent that there were going to be glitches in the initial roll out, which were to be expected in any undertaking of that size & magnitude, the reprobate right jumped all over it, howling about what a disaster it was. You trumpeted about how Americans were going to hate it. How the figure of 7 million enrollees that Obama had set as a target would never be reached, then after it was reached, you all moved onto some other gloom & scenario & latched onto that, then another, then another & another, ad nauseum.

And even now, as enrollment numbers are beginning to soar, all you jerks can do is whine like kicked dogs, try to spin reality to fit your wishful thinking or change the subject by talking about some other tangential aspect of it.

By the time Republicans ever retake the WH & gain control of enough of Congress to repeal it, it will have become a popular & entrenched part of American life & the Repugthugs will have neither the spine, the guts or the political backbone to snatch it away.

Hah hah fucking HAH!!!

Bull.

That was a loaded question.

The meaning of my "question" was actually to state that the only purpose of making that point is for mindless political hackery.

Leave the real issues to the grownups, there's plenty of flamebait threads here for you to partake in.

Shadow
02-19-2015, 12:05 PM

Read it & weep.
Funny you should mention that . Huge article came out today talking about the behind the scenes problems those 11.4 million are facing. Because Obama's website is only 40% complete and not wired properly to the health insurance companies.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Funny you should mention that . Huge article came out today talking about the behind the scenes problems those 11.4 million are facing. Because Obama's website is only 40% complete and not wired properly to the health insurance companies.

Or that small regional monopolies are forming because many insurers won't cover certain areas or kids still aren't signing up or a couple other things I forgot already.

You have to block out the background noise, there's always some partisan idiot yelling about something they saw in a blog or something somewhere and focus on what objective, mainstream liberals (and conservatives for that matter) are talking about.

There are a number of mounting concerns with coverage and the skyrocketing out-of-pocket costs. The latter cost part I predicted a while ago, the coverage deficiencies were kind of expected aside from the regional monopolies.

Those "monopolies" are in the example I posted a few weeks ago are held by Blue Cross so I don't know if that's by ACA design. The legislation does try to "Walmartize" healthcare by pushing it toward big system.

domer76
02-19-2015, 12:18 PM
The mainstream left is starting to ask these questions actually but you won't see these issues discussed in the hack rags like KOS.

Perhaps these were questions that should have been addressed from the right at the beginning, rather than 50 some failed attempts at repeal. But, the RW idiots still won't learn from their mistakes and will continue down the same road of non-governance.

JDubya
02-19-2015, 12:20 PM
That was a loaded question.

The meaning of my "question" was actually to state that the only purpose of making that point is for mindless political hackery.

Leave the real issues to the grownups, there's plenty of flamebait threads here for you to partake in.

Wrong again.

The OP is what was mindless political hackery, whereas my response to your "loaded" (with BS) question, was a cogent & accurate description of how you RWNJs have demagogued the issue.

Being wrong must be something that you are either getting tired of or have either gotten used.

Gotta suck either way.

Sonny boy.

JDubya
02-19-2015, 12:24 PM

Yeah?

Too bad the crud bucket Repugthugs won't try to come up with reasonable proposals to try to improve the program, rather than trying to exacerbate the problems as they have done.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 12:25 PM
Wrong again.

The OP is what was mindless political hackery, whereas my response to your "loaded" (with BS) question, was a cogent & accurate description of how you RWNJs have demagogued the issue.

Being wrong must be something that you are either getting tired of or have either gotten used.

Gotta suck either way.

Sonny boy.
Mac-7 will be happy to play with you. Both of your online experiences will be enhanced.

silvereyes
02-19-2015, 12:29 PM

What's the significance?
Im really tired of that term. Sigh.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Perhaps these were questions that should have been addressed from the right at the beginning, rather than 50 some failed attempts at repeal. But, the RW idiots still won't learn from their mistakes and will continue down the same road of non-governance.

lol! Are you kidding? They were, repeatedly asked and repeatedly ignored as the democratic "healthcare reform machine" jammed this unpopular legislation down everyone's throats.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Im really tired of that term. Sigh.

Boobies

Shadow
02-19-2015, 12:36 PM
Or that small regional monopolies are forming because many insurers won't cover certain areas or kids still aren't signing up or a couple other things I forgot already.

You have to block out the background noise, there's always some partisan idiot yelling about something they saw in a blog or something somewhere and focus on what objective, mainstream liberals (and conservatives for that matter) are talking about.

There are a number of mounting concerns with coverage and the skyrocketing out-of-pocket costs. The latter cost part I predicted a while ago, the coverage deficiencies were kind of expected aside from the regional monopolies.

Those "monopolies" are in the example I posted a few weeks ago are held by Blue Cross so I don't know if that's by ACA design. The legislation does try to "Walmartize" healthcare by pushing it toward big system.
One of the main things I remember reading earlier was all the hoops they are going to have to jump through to enroll newborns , children and/ or their spouse ( if they are even found to qualify for the insurance they signed up for and are accessing it correctly ). And that since so much of the paperwork is being done by hand they are having to estimate subsidies. Which will be owed back if calculated incorrectly. And that was just a few items on the long laundry list of "issues". It's basically a huge ass mess.

silvereyes
02-19-2015, 12:37 PM
Boobies

Sigh.....

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 12:37 PM
Sigh.....

:grin:

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 12:38 PM
One of the main things I remember reading earlier was all the hoops they are going to have to jump through to enroll newborns , children and/ or their spouse ( if they are even found to qualify for the insurance they signed up for and are accessing it correctly ). And that since so much of the paperwork is being done by hand they are having to estimate subsidies. Which will be owed back if calculated incorrectly. And that was just a few items on the long laundry list of "issues". It's basically a huge ass mess.

The administrative stuff for enrollment isn't that crazy actually, all things considered.

Where people got snookered was that this legislation was going to curb healthcare costs and make it affordable for everyone, which was a massive lie.

silvereyes
02-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Doesnt seem hard:
http://blog.ehealthinsurance.com/2012/03/where-can-i-get-health-insurance-for-my-baby/

Cigar
02-19-2015, 12:40 PM

Read it & weep.

April 15th will come and go, just like it does every single year, but ObamaCares live on. :grin:

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 12:40 PM
lol! Are you kidding? They were, repeatedly asked and repeatedly ignored as the democratic "healthcare reform machine" jammed this unpopular legislation down everyone's throats.

I agree...the ACA was not an attempt at cooperation...which explains a lot of the problems. Would you like to comment on the mysterious health care reform plans the repub party has been promising since the days of Clinton's attempt at reform? How were those programs derailed by uncooperative dems? oh...they don't exist...do they?

maineman
02-19-2015, 12:41 PM
Doesnt seem hard:
http://blog.ehealthinsurance.com/2012/03/where-can-i-get-health-insurance-for-my-baby/

but.... for some people, making correct change for a dollar is hard....

obviously.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 12:42 PM
I agree...the ACA was not an attempt at cooperation...which explains a lot of the problems. Would you like to comment on the mysterious health care reform plans the repub party has been promising since the days of Clinton's attempt at reform? How were those programs derailed by uncooperative dems? oh...they don't exist...do they?

You... you... lib!

:biglaugh:

The irony here is that teh O'bama's sole purpose for the next two years is to demonize the GOP by calling them obstructionists.

How soon they forget.

Cigar
02-19-2015, 12:44 PM
Remind me about this Thread on February 19th ... 2016

silvereyes
02-19-2015, 12:45 PM
You... you... lib!

The irony here is that teh O'bama's sole purpose for the next two years is to demonize the GOP by calling them obstructionists.

How soon they forget.

Yep. Turnabout and all that jazz, eh?

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 12:47 PM
You... you... lib!

How soon they forget.

I said the only change we would be seeing with the new repub majority was the number of fingers pointing blame from each side of the aisle. Net gain: "0" my turn to say "I tole ya so"...

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Remind me about this Thread on February 19th ... 2016

What, so you can type some incoherent, babbling reply littered with "black to back" or whatever and completely avoid the actual point?

Sure, let me mark my calendar.

silvereyes
02-19-2015, 12:51 PM
What, so you can type some incoherent, babbling reply littered with "black to back" or whatever and completely avoid the actual point?

Pfffft. You say that as if you know how to read one. ;)

JDubya
02-19-2015, 01:03 PM

In case you aren't aware of it.... Obamacare IS the Republican's "mysterious health care reform plan".

It was based on a model that The Heritage Foundation (http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2011/10/20/how-a-conservative-think-tank-invented-the-individual-mandate/) devised back in the 80's & which Newt Gingrich & the Republicans touted as their alternative to Hillarycare.

So really, the right is bitching & moaning about something THEY came up with & THEIR leaders once touted as the way to reform health care!!!!

You truly could not make up something this funny!!!!

silvereyes
02-19-2015, 01:07 PM
In case you aren't aware of it.... Obamacare IS the Republican's "mysterious health care reform plan".

It was based on a model that The Heritage Foundation (http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2011/10/20/how-a-conservative-think-tank-invented-the-individual-mandate/) devised back in the 80's & which Newt Gingrich & the Republicans touted as their alternative to Hillarycare.

So really, the right is bitching & moaning about something THEY came up with & THEIR leaders once touted as the way to reform health care!!!!

You truly could not make up something this funny!!!!
The answer is simple: tag it "obamacare" and automatically it becomes evil.

JDubya
02-19-2015, 01:07 PM
The administrative stuff for enrollment isn't that crazy actually, all things considered.

Where people got snookered was that this legislation was going to curb healthcare costs and make it affordable for everyone, which was a massive lie.

Had the Repugthugs not done everything they could think of to try to throw a monkey wrench into the works, it may very well would have done that.

Especially with regards to Medicaid expansion.

Typical thug-like behavior.

Screw something up, then blame the people who initiated what you screwed up for it not working the way it should have.

JDubya
02-19-2015, 01:10 PM
The answer is simple: tag it "obamacare" and automatically it becomes evil.

Exactly what they did during the Clinton admin.

Tagged it "Hillarycare" & painted it as evil & unAmerican.

Then after having offered up what was basically the same program as Obamacare, did the same thing to Obamacare years later.

Honestly.... no shame amongst that crowd.

None.

Zero sense of shame & zero conscience.

silvereyes
02-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Exactly what they did during the Clinton admin.

Tagged it "Hillarycare" & painted it as evil & unAmerican.

Then after having offered up what was basically the same program as Obamacare, did the same thing to Obamacare years later.

Honestly.... no shame amongst that crowd.

None.

Zero sense of shame & zero conscience.
Yepperoni. Sad, but predictable.

JDubya
02-19-2015, 01:21 PM
Yepperoni. Sad, but predictable.

Mmmmmmmm....... yepperoni...... :P

Cigar
02-19-2015, 01:26 PM

Go Punch a Bag ... :grin:

domer76
02-19-2015, 01:26 PM
This legislation was the response to the right out-and-out rejecting any notion of single payer. I didn't like the ACA from the beginning and was pissed at Obama for caving to the right on this one. But, I naively thought, let's get something passed and then seek to improve the parts that needed improving. But the Republican lemmings in the House would have none of that. The best they could do was waste all of their time and effort and our money in repeal attempts.

Sorry if you can't deal in the reality of the way it went down and continues to be.

domer76
02-19-2015, 01:29 PM
You... you... lib!

How soon they forget.

Demonize? I would not call facts demonization. They HAVE been obstructionists and most likely will continue that path, as they have forgotten, if they ever knew anyway, how to govern.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Demonize? I would not call facts demonization. They HAVE been obstructionists and most likely will continue that path, as they have forgotten, if they ever knew anyway, how to govern.

That's why they were elected.

The ACA was a slap in the face to the public, the GOP was put in there to keep the democrats from further steamrolling everyone.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 01:53 PM
This legislation was the response to the right out-and-out rejecting any notion of single payer. I didn't like the ACA from the beginning and was pissed at Obama for caving to the right on this one. But, I naively thought, let's get something passed and then seek to improve the parts that needed improving. But the Republican lemmings in the House would have none of that. The best they could do was waste all of their time and effort and our money in repeal attempts.

Sorry if you can't deal in the reality of the way it went down and continues to be.

That's your opinion, welcome to it.

domer76
02-19-2015, 02:13 PM

The ACA was a slap in the face to the public, the GOP was put in there to keep the democrats from further steamrolling everyone.

Perhaps you voted for your reps to do nothing. I didn't.

Don't insult the GOP by equating them with the Tea Party imbeciles. Two different animals.

JDubya
02-19-2015, 02:16 PM

I've heard others say the same thing about being pissed at Obama for "caving to the right", but when one considers the fact that anything else would've been every bit as DOA as "Hillarycare" was, what would you have had him done? Continue to engage in a fruitless ideological war that would have resulted in absolutely nothing?

For all we know, the current health care system that was put in place by Obama, might eventually morph into something more like the single payer many of us have always wanted.

Obamacare may yet turn out to have been a catalyst for real, actual change & reform after all.

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 02:25 PM

really? are you saying that with a straight face? We are supposed to forget that they also signed the bill funding the ACA for another year in December? (along with the Wall Street Christmas gifts) We are now supposed to think that they are party of fiscal responsibility that is going to rescue the country?

The same group that screamed about Ebola until the day after the November elections and then...silence. The same group that is using the DHS funding bill to try and block the president's immigration plans...so they can blame the dems for blocking it? (I'd like to see both immigration & DHS blocked personally)

They are just as venal as the dems and the only thing they will save us from is laughing at the dems...we will be laughing at the repubs now.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 02:37 PM
Had the Repugthugs not done everything they could think of to try to throw a monkey wrench into the works, it may very well would have done that.

Especially with regards to Medicaid expansion.

Typical thug-like behavior.

Screw something up, then blame the people who initiated what you screwed up for it not working the way it should have.

Here's why you're going to get little attention from me, this is pure childishness.

I'll leave you to toss turds around with the other monkeys.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 02:39 PM
really? are you saying that with a straight face? We are supposed to forget that they also signed the bill funding the ACA for another year in December? (along with the Wall Street Christmas gifts) We are now supposed to think that they are party of fiscal responsibility that is going to rescue the country?

The same group that screamed about Ebola until the day after the November elections and then...silence. The same group that is using the DHS funding bill to try and block the president's immigration plans...so they can blame the dems for blocking it? (I'd like to see both immigration & DHS blocked personally)

They are just as venal as the dems and the only thing they will save us from is laughing at the dems...we will be laughing at the repubs now.

I agree.

I didn't say I have full faith in the party, I'm just demonstrating why they were voted into a majority.

Howey
02-19-2015, 02:42 PM
Democrats Who Pushed Obamacare Down Our Throats, Now Ask: “Who Dealt This Mess Anyway?”

By MOTUS
2-17-2015

CAUTION: Mildly NSFW or CHILDREN

There’s no reason you should be familiar with the Fugs unless you’re a conservator of semi-popular rock protest bands from the ‘60’s. Butt when I heard that Democratic Representatives Sander Levin (D-MI), Jim McDermott (D-WA), and Lloyd Doggett (D-TX) were demanding relief From Obamacare Penalties for their constituents because they were likely to get hit with a huge “tax” penalty in – horrors! – a presidential ELECTION YEAR, well the Fugs song was the first thing that jumped into my head: “Who dealt this mess, anyway?”

According to the AP report, the three congressional Democrats who are now saying that the millions of Americans facing new tax penalties “deserve a second chance” are the same Democrats who “worked to help steer Obama's law through rancorous congressional debates from 2009-2010.” So to answer the question “who dealt this mess?” – they did.

Doggett, Levin, Rangel, McDermott, and all their Democrat cohorts: thanks boys!

As is the habit with liberals however, they do not wish to be held accountable for the fallout from passing such an onerous law. So now they’re whining that they need another exemption from the very law they passed because they didn’t realize just how “taxing” (h/t John Roberts) the penalty for failing to enroll in the mandatory Obamacare program by the February 15, 2015 deadline would be:

…the uninsured will all be hit with a $325 fine or two percent of their income (whichever is higher) for failure to enroll in 2015. In 2016, the Obamacare tax penalty will be an average $1,100…

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-5D-q4yU-FF0/VOJB5ClJYiI/AAAAAAABSyY/PGc5R-lCQiE/tax_penalties_graphic_t614_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jp g?imgmax=800

Ouch! So the good Representatives are now begging Big Guy to whip out his legislative pen, rewrite that intolerable Obamacare law - that somebody voted for - again and cut their valued voters constituents a break. And it looks like Big Guy will deliver:

The Department of Health and Human Services has extended the 2015 Obamacare deadline for select customers stuck in the system, after reports some people were met with website delays and phone call backlogs when trying to sign up.

“We know many of you worked hard to enroll in a plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace,” a statement read on the Healthcare.gov blog. “Despite your best efforts, you may not have been able to complete your application and select a plan.”

According to HHS, the special enrollment period will start on February 16, 2015, and end on February 22, 2015, in time for healthcare coverage on March 1.

No word yet if not signing up because of “sticker shock” will qualify as a “despite your best efforts, you may not have been able to complete your application and select a plan,” butt I suspect it will. After all, we’re talking about an election year.

And I wonder what we’ll do next, when all of our millennial voters find out just exactly how lousy the plan they were forced to buy is (“Insured, but Not Covered”).(http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/su...ered.html?_r=2 (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/sunday-review/insured-but-not-covered.html?_r=2))

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-1eK0iqQpRm4/VOLM0_-GDpI/AAAAAAABSzU/pWYcoiJZe5k/hope%252520poster_thumb%25255B46%25255D.png?imgmax =800
Truthiness in advertising

And that my friends, reminds me of a song…

The Fugs - Wide, Wide River

River of s**T,
River of s**t,
Flow on, flow on, river of s**t,
Right from my toes,
On up to my nose,
Flow on, flow on, river of s**t.
I've been swimming In this river of s**t,
More than 20 years, and I'm getting tired of it,
Don't like swimming, hope it'll soon run dry,
Got to go on swimming, cause I don't want to die.

Who dealt this mess, anyway?
Yea, it's an old card player's term,
but sometimes you can use the old switcheroo and it can be applied to ...
Frontal politics
What I mean is ...

Thanks Obama!

(Excerpt)

Read more:
http://www.michellesmirror.com/2015/...l#.VONlp2co5jp (http://www.michellesmirror.com/2015/02/who-dealt-this-mess-anyway.html#.VONlp2co5jp)

The mess should never have been written, passed or dealt to begin with. The height of political arrogance is that Democrats that voted for Obamacare are now crying foul. They can't point the finger of accusation at Republicans because not one Republican voted for Obamacare. As Madam Pelosi told us, "It had to be passed for us to know what was in it." The definition of a stool sample.

They've known about the penalty since day one. Mebbe the dummies shouldn't have listened to Rush and got insurance, eh?

Shadow
02-19-2015, 03:08 PM

Exactly.

Shadow
02-19-2015, 03:12 PM

I just know due to working with folks on Medicaid and Medicare everyday. They are never going to understand all the red tape.

texan
02-19-2015, 04:26 PM

What's the significance?

No kidding! What does it mean? They already restated the numbers 3 times, not to mention "signing up" and paying is totally two different things. They already stepped into this pile once and here we go again with "sign ups."

Remember this?

The Obama administration recently inflated Obamacare enrollment statistics by as many as 400,000 people by including stand-alone dental plans in their official count, according to a House committee investigation.

The administration in September said 7.3 million people at the time were enrolled in health plans through the Affordable Care Act insurance marketplaces. The House investigation, first reported (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-11-20/obamacare-s-subscriber-rolls-include-unpublicized-dental-plans.html) by Bloomberg, found that this number also counted people enrolled in just dental coverage, a change from how previous enrollment figures have been counted that the Obama administration did not disclose.Without counting those dental plans, enrollment would have been 6.97 million.

Despite these corrected figures, HHS said it still aims to have 9.1 million covered in marketplace plans next year — which is about 4 million people fewer (http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/11/10/obama-administration-predicts-significantly-lower-health-care-enrollment/) than the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office had projected for 2015.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/11/20/administration-erroneously-overcounted-obamacare-enrollees/

texan
02-19-2015, 04:28 PM
How do we pay for the shortfall?

Bob
02-19-2015, 04:32 PM

Read it & weep.

When they try to use those policies, then they will get it. They will first get doctors bills.

Read that and weep.