PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong with this Country?

Redrose
02-19-2015, 09:03 PM
Megan Kelly on FOX moments ago said we will be releasing our plans to fight ISIS.

WHY????

I see that putting lives in danger.

I don't understand their logic. I think they've gone nuts.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 09:07 PM
ISIS is disrupting our ant farm.

I think we have to a degree a moral obligation to stop these heathens but only to the extent that other western countries intervene. I don't think our intentions are humanitarian though.

Mac-7
02-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Megan Kelly on FOX moments ago said we will be releasing our plans to fight ISIS.

WHY????

Apparently obumer is proud to inform his muslim brothers that he will send the military to retake Mosul in April or may.

And to think that the Allies actually tried to hide from the Germans where the D-Day invasion would land and the date we were coming.

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 09:11 PM
Modern politicians like to announce their plans...how many months did we hear GWB threatening Iraq before the invasion?

zelmo1234
02-19-2015, 09:14 PM
President Obama is a committed liberal. And thus any use of force is unfair.

When you start from the position that the USA is an evil country and has never used it's power for good it is much easier to overlook the true EVil that is ISIS!

He is also a coward, it is easy to see by the way he hides behind others in every aspect of his life. Not that this is his fault, there are some people that just don't have a lot of courage.

And thus he is afraid to take action for fear of backlash and danger.

del
02-19-2015, 09:16 PM
there wouldn't be an isis if we'd stayed the fuck out of iraq to begin with

go figure

gamewell45
02-19-2015, 09:17 PM
Modern politicians like to announce their plans...how many months did we hear GWB threatening Iraq before the invasion?

Or his father, GHW Bush prior to invading Kuwait.

Mac-7
02-19-2015, 09:18 PM

Do they?

I don't think you had a clue that we were going to unleash shock and awe on saddam the first night of Desert Storm cause Stormin' Norman and Bush41 didn't tell no one in the suck ass lib news media before the big event.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 09:19 PM
there wouldn't be an isis if we'd stayed the fuck out of iraq to begin with

go figure

I know that's a common conception but I'm not sure I agree with that.

Explain that to African countries under siege of Boko Haram.

gamewell45
02-19-2015, 09:19 PM
President Obama is a committed liberal. And thus any use of force is unfair.

When you start from the position that the USA is an evil country and has never used it's power for good it is much easier to overlook the true EVil that is ISIS!

He is also a coward, it is easy to see by the way he hides behind others in every aspect of his life. Not that this is his fault, there are some people that just don't have a lot of courage.

And thus he is afraid to take action for fear of backlash and danger.

What sort of empirical evidence do you have to come to that conclusion? Do you have contacts within the White House or are you buying hook, line and sinker whatever Fox News Channel spoon feeds you?

Redrose
02-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Do they?

I don't think you had a clue that we were going to unleash shock and awe on saddam the first night of Desert Storm cause Stormin' Norman and Bush41 didn't tell no one in the suck ass lib news media before the big event.

I agree. But part of the problem was that "shock and awe" was more like "shuck and jive". I feel we didn't hit them hard enough.

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 09:25 PM
Do they?

You're right, you don't think...GWB (referenced in my post) had nothing to do with Desert Storm....which was Kuwait and GWHB You really need to keep your invasions straight....you're embarrassing yourself:

Beginning at his January 29, 2002 State of the Union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_the_Union) address, President Bush began publicly focusing attention on Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq)
In late 2002 and early 2003, President Bush urged the United Nations to enforce Iraqi disarmament (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmament) mandates, precipitating a diplomatic crisis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_disarmament_crisis)
The invasion of Iraq commenced on March 20, 2003, wiki

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 09:29 PM
I agree. But part of the problem was that "shock and awe" was more like "shuck and jive". I feel we didn't hit them hard enough.

"Shock and awe" was nothing more than neocon hubris playing with their toys.

This was GW's downfall. He looked at this situation and said "daddy did it, so can I" and figured he'd ride off into the sunset a hero. Iraq, easy target.

The rest is history.

zelmo1234
02-19-2015, 09:30 PM
there wouldn't be an isis if we'd stayed the $#@! out of iraq to begin with

go figure

How do you know this?

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 09:31 PM
Cheney & Rumsfeld wanted GWHB to follow Saddam back to Bagdad. He wouldn't do it...which I admired. He followed the plan and brought everyone home. No national building for GWHB.

Cue GWB & the same crew who wanted to go to Bagdad....

Mr. Right
02-19-2015, 09:32 PM
It's convenient to blame presidents for wars. The elected executive branch merely carrys out the wishes of those that allowed him to win.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 09:33 PM
It's convenient to blame presidents for wars. The elected executive branch merely carrys out the wishes of those that allowed him to win.

In a linear world maybe.

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 09:33 PM

GWHB did what the UN & the US agreed to do. They ran Saddam out of Kuwait. No more, no less.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 09:34 PM
GWHB did what the UN & the US agreed to do. They ran Saddam out of Kuwait. No more, no less.

Then the set up camp, that's where the plan failed.

Cthulhu
02-19-2015, 09:35 PM
Apparently obumer is proud to inform his muslim brothers that he will send the military to retake Mosul in April or may.

And to think that the Allies actually tried to hide from the Germans where the D-Day invasion would land and the date we were coming.
When I was a child, I would find an ant hill, and tell them I would annihilate them with gasoline in a couple of hours.

I came back a couple hours later and did just that. The ants were informed of their certain destruction.

They all died.

That is what will happen again if we want to. The middle east poses no serious threat if we want to win.

I'm only worried for our troops if we don't play to win.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

zelmo1234
02-19-2015, 09:37 PM
What sort of empirical evidence do you have to come to that conclusion? Do you have contacts within the White House or are you buying hook, line and sinker whatever Fox News Channel spoon feeds you?

First I am not a big Fox news guy,

But it is not hard to understand the personality of a person.

He will not use the word Islamic Terrorist. Radical Islam. Will not admit that killings have there motivation in Religious beliefs.

He walks on eggshells. that is cowardice. again not in a derogatory way like you F-in coward. but as in a person that does not have a lot of courage.

He acts like the wimpy kid that does not want to draw the attention of the bully for fear of reprisal

And that is not the leadership skill that is required when dealing with the evil that is ISIS

Mac-7
02-19-2015, 09:38 PM

Are you kidding?

The A-117s came in first and were invisible to the Iraqi radar.

Which they destroyed making Iraqi AA weapons helpless.

America put on a show that must have had the soviets pissing in their pants.

Green Arrow
02-19-2015, 09:38 PM
I know that's a common conception but I'm not sure I agree with that.

Explain that to African countries under siege of Boko Haram.

Boko Haram =/= ISIL.

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 09:39 PM
annihilate is the key word. We will never do that. There is no sense in sending more Americans to die for nothing. Stay home and let them kill each other. I'll pop the corn and make some iced tea.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 09:40 PM
Boko Haram =/= ISIL.

Same species.

The suggestion that Islamofascism would just be content lashing their absconders in their private part of the world and leave everyone else at peace is ridiculous.

exotix
02-19-2015, 09:42 PM
*Trashy Lady* Megan Kelley must've forgot when Faux reported ..

Bush Offers Ultimatum to Saddam in Address to Nation

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2003/03/18/bush-offers-ultimatum-to-saddam-in-address-to-nation/

The clock was ticking for Saddam Hussein Tuesday, 16 hours after President Bush ordered the Iraqi leader to step down in 48 hours or face war.

Bush surprised Saddam didn't believe attack ultimatum

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bush-surprised-saddam-didnt-believe-attack-ultimatum/

In a "Sunday Morning" interview, the former president tells Bob Schieffer he was "surprised" Saddam Hussein didn't believe he would follow through on his threat to attack Iraq.

http://i57.tinypic.com/14b8heh.png

Private Pickle
02-19-2015, 09:44 PM

WHY????

Oil.

gamewell45
02-19-2015, 09:44 PM
He walks on eggshells. that is cowardice. again not in a derogatory way like you F-in coward. but as in a person that does not have a lot of courage.

Why do you think he walks on eggshells and by that give examples. And why do you find it to be cowardice? Is it better not to stick your hand into an agitated ant nest heap; rather wait until the nest is in a non-agitated state before striking?

If your going to send US Servicemen/women into combat and for many, likely death or capture which translates into a death sentence, isn't it better to exercise caution until the time is right or can be resolved through diplomatic channels, thus saving US lives?

exotix
02-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Boko Haram =/= ISIL.
No no no ... it's Beau-coup Haram ... LOL

Jeb Bungles Facts, Pronunciation in His Big National Security Speech

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/18/jeb-bungles-facts-pronunciation-in-his-big-national-security-speech.html

Bush’s clunky, rushed delivery paled in comparison to the hazy facts in the speech and vague answers he gave during a Q&A session following his remarks.

Speaking of the extremist group based in Nigeria that has killed thousands of civilians, Bush referred to Boko Haram as “Beau-coup Haram.”

Bush also referred to Iraq when he meant to refer to Iran.

Mac-7
02-19-2015, 09:51 PM
You're right, you don't think...GWB (referenced in my post) had nothing to do with Desert Storm....which was Kuwait and GWHB You really need to keep your invasions straight....you're embarrassing yourself:

Beginning at his January 29, 2002 State of the Union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_the_Union) address, President Bush began publicly focusing attention on Iraq (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq)
In late 2002 and early 2003, President Bush urged the United Nations to enforce Iraqi disarmament (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disarmament) mandates, precipitating a diplomatic crisis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_disarmament_crisis)
The invasion of Iraq commenced on March 20, 2003, wiki

I suppose your evil twin wrote these words:

"Modern politicians like to announce their plans.."

I know you wanted to limit you rant to one politician but you painted all of them with the same broad brush.

Mac-7
02-19-2015, 09:53 PM
No no no ... it's Beau-coup Haram ... LOL

Jeb Bungles Facts, Pronunciation in His Big National Security Speech

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/18/jeb-bungles-facts-pronunciation-in-his-big-national-security-speech.html

Bush’s clunky, rushed delivery paled in comparison to the hazy facts in the speech and vague answers he gave during a Q&A session following his remarks.

Speaking of the extremist group based in Nigeria that has killed thousands of civilians, Bush referred to Boko Haram as “Beau-coup Haram.”

Bush also referred to Iraq when he meant to refer to Iran.

I get the impression you aren't going to vote for Jeb in the repub primaries.

What a coincidence, neither am I.

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 09:56 PM
The OP was about Obama....I included GWB....good try...but still a failure

Green Arrow
02-19-2015, 10:00 PM
Same species.

The suggestion that Islamofascism would just be content lashing their absconders in their private part of the world and leave everyone else at peace is ridiculous.

They are not a problem if they have a strongman to keep them down. Boko Haram, like ISIL, thrives in an environment where there is no ultimate power to handle them.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 10:03 PM
They are not a problem if they have a strongman to keep them down. Boko Haram, like ISIL, thrives in an environment where there is no ultimate power to handle them.

I'm not sure I understand that point, can you elaborate?

exotix
02-19-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm reminded of conservatives running for president since Bush ... LOL

Common
02-19-2015, 10:08 PM

Or until someone kicks their ass. There is no one stepping up to run roughshod on either of them anytime soon, at least I dont believe so

Green Arrow
02-19-2015, 10:08 PM

Saddam Hussein kept Iraq together and kept the radicals basically quiet. Take out Saddam and replace him with a weak government like we did, and you basically give the radicals a power vacuum that they will fill. Same with Boko Haram, the Nigerian government is weak and mostly focused on its own corruption, it doesn't have the strength to keep Boko Haram in the dark.

Captain Obvious
02-19-2015, 10:11 PM
Saddam Hussein kept Iraq together and kept the radicals basically quiet. Take out Saddam and replace him with a weak government like we did, and you basically give the radicals a power vacuum that they will fill. Same with Boko Haram, the Nigerian government is weak and mostly focused on its own corruption, it doesn't have the strength to keep Boko Haram in the dark.

I agree with that, but Islamofascism IMO is opportunistic. Take the power vacuums out of the picture and they look for other avenues. That's just my opinion.

Green Arrow
02-19-2015, 10:19 PM
I agree with that, but Islamofascism IMO is opportunistic. Take the power vacuums out of the picture and they look for other avenues. That's just my opinion.

Absolutely. There was no real power vacuum in Iran, the Shah was a dictator with an iron fist. The Ayatollah was savvy enough to use that to gain popular support for his revolution and take power. Meanwhile, Jordan allows the radical Muslim Brotherhood to have seats in their government (though only a vast minority of those seats) and that effectively keeps them from obtaining any real power, because the people can see them in the open and see what they want to do.

It all depends on the leader and the culture. There are exceptions to every rule.

Common
02-19-2015, 10:33 PM

What is that avatar of/or what does it mean. Or is it just some stray thing you found.

exotix
02-19-2015, 10:35 PM
What is that avatar of/or what does it mean. Or is it just some stray thing you found.
Really dude ... you have the nerve to talk about my avatar ?

http://i60.tinypic.com/2i7xqut.gif

iustitia
02-19-2015, 10:57 PM

Oh. OH! Ah. AHAHA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

OMFG LOLLLLLLLL AHAHAHA BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HOLY SHIT, IS EXOTIX FUNNY, OR WHAT?

Man oh man. HAHAHA.

Jesus Christ.

del
02-19-2015, 11:00 PM
How do you know this?

if you can't see that saddam kept iraq stable, i can't help you, jasper

*shrug

Dr. Who
02-19-2015, 11:02 PM

I think we have to a degree a moral obligation to stop these heathens but only to the extent that other western countries intervene. I don't think our intentions are humanitarian though.
Technically they are not heathens. They adhere to Abrahamic law.

Howey
02-19-2015, 11:03 PM

WHY????

The problem with our country is people who watch Megan Kelly on Fox.

del
02-19-2015, 11:04 PM

looking =/= finding

Cthulhu
02-20-2015, 04:13 AM
Or any mainstream news outlet for that matter.

Redrose
02-20-2015, 05:03 AM

Dumb remark. C'mon you're smarter than that, I think.

Ransom
02-20-2015, 07:38 AM
Dumb remark. C'mon you're smarter than that, I think.

Of course the remark was dumb, did you not note its' author? Hello.

Ransom
02-20-2015, 07:42 AM
if you can't see that saddam kept iraq stable, i can't help you, jasper

*shrug

Kept Iraq....' stable.'

Just another example. Saddam's Iraq in fact torched off the Iran Iraq War. Invaded Kuwait. Facilitated international terrorism including harboring the worst of them. Saddam destabilized the entire region........ not to mention..... is the reason we were attacked on 9-11. I mention our utter lack of history on this forum a lot, del our latest classmember to receive a star.

I mean....... wow.

PolWatch
02-20-2015, 08:08 AM
yeap, Saddam cleverly disguised the 9/11 terrorists as Saudis....wily fella

The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda), and 15 of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijackers_in_the_September_11_attacks#cite_note-cia.gov-1) The others were from the United Arab Emirates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates) (2), Egypt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt) and Lebanon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon). The hijackers were organized into four teams, each led by a pilot-trained hijacker with three or four "muscle hijackers" who were trained to help subdue the pilots, passengers, and crew. wiki

Reason10
02-20-2015, 08:30 AM

WHY????

Because our Commander In Chief is a traitor.
What's wrong with this country is the fact that it was stupid enough to vote for this a-hole TWICE.

PolWatch
02-20-2015, 08:33 AM
welcome to year 15 of the Bush/Obama presidency....

Cigar
02-20-2015, 08:37 AM
What's wrong with this country is the fact that it was stupid enough to vote for this a-hole TWICE.

It must really make you :angryfire: to know that YOUR Political Party can't even Win a Presidential Election against a Black Man who you all say doesn't even Love America.

Wow ... talk about a Limp-Dick Party :laugh:

Mac-7
02-20-2015, 09:37 AM
yeap, Saddam cleverly disguised the 9/11 terrorists as Saudis....wily fella

The hijackers in the September 11 attacks were 19 men affiliated with al-Qaeda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Qaeda), and 15 of the 19 were citizens of Saudi Arabia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia).[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijackers_in_the_September_11_attacks#cite_note-cia.gov-1) The others were from the United Arab Emirates (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Arab_Emirates) (2), Egypt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt) and Lebanon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon). The hijackers were organized into four teams, each led by a pilot-trained hijacker with three or four "muscle hijackers" who were trained to help subdue the pilots, passengers, and crew. wiki

Maybe a few libs mistakenly thought bush blamed saddam for 9-11 but they were the only ones.

PolWatch
02-20-2015, 09:57 AM
Maybe a few libs mistakenly thought bush blamed saddam for 9-11 but they were the only ones.

Maybe you need to give your fellow conservatives a history lesson too?

'. Saddam destabilized the entire region........ not to mention..... is the reason we were attacked on 9-11.'

exotix
02-20-2015, 10:01 AM
How can Obama be a traitor ... his momma is white ...

Captain Obvious
02-20-2015, 10:05 AM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2ponevDiu1qcwpp9o3_500.gif

BB-35
02-20-2015, 10:53 AM

'. Saddam destabilized the entire region........ not to mention..... is the reason we were attacked on 9-11.'
care to include the parts you left out?

like between 'region',and 'not ,and 'mention' and 'is'.

domer76
02-20-2015, 11:06 AM
When I was a child, I would find an ant hill, and tell them I would annihilate them with gasoline in a couple of hours.

I came back a couple hours later and did just that. The ants were informed of their certain destruction.

They all died.

That is what will happen again if we want to. The middle east poses no serious threat if we want to win.

I'm only worried for our troops if we don't play to win.

History says you're completely wrong. The middle east has been in turmoil since the Garden of Eden. No world power has been able to control the never-ending shitstorms that occur there. What makes you think we will be any different?

PolWatch
02-20-2015, 11:09 AM
care to include the parts you left out?

like between 'region',and 'not ,and 'mention' and 'is'.

it was copied exactly as the poster entered it....

domer76
02-20-2015, 11:13 AM
annihilate is the key word. We will never do that. There is no sense in sending more Americans to die for nothing. Stay home and let them kill each other. I'll pop the corn and make some iced tea.

Last night, I was watching some old news footage from 1979. China invaded the northern border of Vietnam. Probably not unlike Russia and Ukraine today. The debate was whether to intervene. Frank Church, a Democrat, put it succinctly. 'They are two communist countries all the way around the world. Let them fight it out.'

I used to think intervention in the ISIS thing might be a good idea. No more. Part, but not all, of the problem in that part of the world is the arbitrary boundaries the western powers drew up after WWI. Western intervention has fucked things up even more than they already were. Let them figure things out in their own region. If Turkey doesn't give enough of a shit to take action on its own border, why should we?

Mac-7
02-20-2015, 11:13 AM

Its more than a full time job just correcting the misimpression's of libs

Common Sense
02-20-2015, 11:15 AM

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/0/5442/860274-libs.jpg

Common
02-20-2015, 11:21 AM

You have libs in your belfry

Common
02-20-2015, 11:22 AM

<------ Thats me laughing at you.........You have libs in your belfry

PolWatch
02-20-2015, 11:27 AM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608020271254405241&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Cthulhu
02-20-2015, 01:17 PM
History says you're completely wrong. The middle east has been in turmoil since the Garden of Eden. No world power has been able to control the never-ending $#@!storms that occur there. What makes you think we will be any different?
Nobody ever went over their with a final solution in mind now did they?

We can, but we won't. Our leader ship is content to pussy foot the whole thing. So we have recurring problems in the region.

We nuked Japan twice. Now we get along great. Funny how that works.

domer76
02-20-2015, 01:20 PM
Nobody ever went over their with a final solution in mind now did they?

We can, but we won't. Our leader ship is content to pussy foot the whole thing. So we have recurring problems in the region.

We nuked Japan twice. Now we get along great. Funny how that works.

The point being that there is no final solution.

The middle east is not Japan and others now have nuclear shit.

Captain Obvious
02-20-2015, 01:22 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608020271254405241&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0
Green Arrow - avatar change nomination.

WalterSobchak
02-20-2015, 01:27 PM
Do they?

Yet, CNN was there to broadcast it.

LOL, terrible secret.

PolWatch
02-20-2015, 01:33 PM
Yet, CNN was there to broadcast it.

LOL, terrible secret.

That one did make broadcast history....

Peter1469
02-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Saddam kept the region in balance. Sure it wasn't pretty. Also Saddam attacked Iran as our proxy. We also sold him many of his weapons to include WMD such as nerve gas.

When Saddam was gone first Iran and then Islamists filled the power vacuum.
Kept Iraq....' stable.'

Just another example. Saddam's Iraq in fact torched off the Iran Iraq War. Invaded Kuwait. Facilitated international terrorism including harboring the worst of them. Saddam destabilized the entire region........ not to mention..... is the reason we were attacked on 9-11. I mention our utter lack of history on this forum a lot, del our latest classmember to receive a star.

I mean....... wow.

Mac-7
02-20-2015, 01:35 PM
http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/scale_super/0/5442/860274-libs.jpg

Do you prefer socialist or communist instead?

There are many different kinds of animals in the lib zoo.

Liberals, lefties, sexual libertines, anarchists, and libertarians to name a few.

They don't all look like you but they all live in the same place you do - lib la la land.

Peter1469
02-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Heck, if they are left of David Duke, they are libtrards, right? :shocked:

Liberals, lefties, sexual libertines, anarchists, and libertarians to name a few.

They don't all look like you but they all live in the same place you do - lib la la land.

Common Sense
02-20-2015, 01:37 PM

You're a victim of your own obsession.

Mac-7
02-20-2015, 01:47 PM
You're a victim of your own obsession.

I'm not one of the attractions in the lib zoo so I don't see things the way you do.

Cthulhu
02-20-2015, 01:47 PM
The point being that there is no final solution.

The middle east is not Japan and others now have nuclear $#@!.
Indeed a nuclear exchange would be interesting, but nothing that couldn't be survived.

But yes, there is a final solution. It isn't pretty or humane, but it is there.

Mac-7
02-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Indeed a nuclear exchange would be interesting, but nothing that couldn't be survived.

But yes, there is a final solution. It isn't pretty or humane, but it is there.

I would prefer not letting Iran have nuclear weapons than having to exchange radiation with them.

but I suppose lefties feel they have nothing to lose.

Adelaide
02-20-2015, 02:05 PM
It seems like most experts are saying it's not a huge deal or unprecedented to reveal plans like this, even many of the contributors to Fox are saying as much. There are obviously some saying it's a terrible idea. What was released seems like not actually a whole lot of information and I'm sure ISIS is well aware that Mosul was going to be one of the first places attacked. Announcing it was redundant not just because it's not going to impact anything (including Obama's reputation) but also redundant in that ISIS already likely knew this would be one of the first moves (they'd be fucking morons if they thought otherwise).

Redrose
02-20-2015, 03:17 PM
Are you kidding?

The A-117s came in first and were invisible to the Iraqi radar.

Which they destroyed making Iraqi AA weapons helpless.

America put on a show that must have had the soviets pissing in their pants.

No I'm not kidding, I remember watching it that first night and everyone in the room said the same thing, it seemed more like a fireworks display than a bombing show of force.

Redrose
02-20-2015, 03:22 PM
It must really make you :angryfire: to know that YOUR Political Party can't even Win a Presidential Election against a Black Man who you all say doesn't even Love America.

Wow ... talk about a Limp-Dick Party :laugh:

His presidency is the result of the dumbing down of America.

Cigar
02-20-2015, 03:25 PM
His presidency is the result of the dumbing down of America.

Kinda sucks when you don't invest in your own people's Education.

“You reap what you sow” :laugh:

Redrose
02-20-2015, 03:25 PM

Ransom
02-20-2015, 03:29 PM
Kept the region in balance for whom? His minority Sunni Party? Iranians? Palestinian terrorists? Shia in southern Iraq? Israel who was forced to oblitetate Saddams nuclear aspirstions? Error after error Pete's mo

Ransom
02-20-2015, 03:30 PM
Wholesale unsurprising you're unaware.

Redrose
02-20-2015, 03:33 PM
Kinda sucks when you don't invest in your own people's Education.

“You reap what you sow” :laugh:

You are exactly right. We are reaping what we sowed. The 49% of the nation that didn't want Obama TWICE, are suffering under his asinine policies, and many who did buy his crap are waking up too.

I still don't understand why you, as a businessman, still believe he is good for this country. I understand the "pride in his color thing" but that shouldn't be enough to keep supporting an inept president.

Ransom
02-20-2015, 03:36 PM

OBL wasnt a conservative

domer76
02-20-2015, 03:47 PM
You are exactly right. We are reaping what we sowed. The 49% of the nation that didn't want Obama TWICE, are suffering under his asinine policies, and many who did buy his crap are waking up too.

I still don't understand why you, as a businessman, still believe he is good for this country. I understand the "pride in his color thing" but that shouldn't be enough to keep supporting an inept president.
He's an average President, but a refreshing respite from the last one. The economy has pretty much recovered from Bush's term and, for right now, we're not getting shitloads of our own needlessly killed like Dubya managed to do. My taxes haven't increased. You still have your guns. Civil rights for many are being expanded rather than curtailed. The sky hasn't a hint of falling.

49% are suffering? Where did you pull that from, your heiney?

Redrose
02-20-2015, 03:53 PM
He's an average President, but a refreshing respite from the last one. The economy has pretty much recovered from Bush's term and, for right now, we're not getting shitloads of our own needlessly killed like Dubya managed to do. My taxes haven't increased. You still have your guns. Civil rights for many are being expanded rather than curtailed. The sky hasn't a hint of falling.

49% are suffering? Where did you pull that from, your heiney?

Yes I did pull that out of my heiney, because that's where Obama shoved it. The one thing that will do the most damage to us is the ACA. It will suffocate the middle class with taxation and oppressive mandates.

It's long range goals will kill the America we all knew.

The Sage of Main Street
02-20-2015, 04:05 PM
I get the impression you aren't going to vote for Jeb in the repub primaries.

What a coincidence, neither am I. I'm voting for the Frankengoper. Since Chickenhawk-lovers tell us that the LIBTARDS!!! are even greater cowards, the Dems will be too scared to run against HIM and we won't have to read any terminally boring and silly OPs on the election campaign because there won't be one.

The Sage of Main Street
02-20-2015, 04:35 PM
The problem with our country is people who watch Megan Kelly on Fox. I'd rather watch Megan Fox on Kelly (Ripa).

Peter1469
02-20-2015, 04:50 PM
Kept the region in balance for whom? His minority Sunni Party? Iranians? Palestinian terrorists? Shia in southern Iraq? Israel who was forced to oblitetate Saddams nuclear aspirstions? Error after error Pete's mo

Study the term balance of power. Then think of the Middle East as a region. Don't chew on the corners of the books and maybe you will come to understand what should be a no brainer.

Cthulhu
02-21-2015, 12:40 AM
It seems like most experts are saying it's not a huge deal or unprecedented to reveal plans like this, even many of the contributors to Fox are saying as much. There are obviously some saying it's a terrible idea. What was released seems like not actually a whole lot of information and I'm sure ISIS is well aware that Mosul was going to be one of the first places attacked. Announcing it was redundant not just because it's not going to impact anything (including Obama's reputation) but also redundant in that ISIS already likely knew this would be one of the first moves (they'd be $#@!ing morons if they thought otherwise).
Exactly, it isn't like it was a great secret.

Cthulhu
02-21-2015, 12:47 AM
I would prefer not letting Iran have nuclear weapons than having to exchange radiation with them.

but I suppose lefties feel they have nothing to lose.
I'm not to fond of the idea either.

But the idea that the USA is the ultimate moral authority of who gets what is also wrong.

If they make one? Okay, we soldier on. If they use it against us? Eradicate them.

This isn't a hard problem to solve. When you start dropping bombs that have a death toll upwards of 100k civilian casualties each time, even the most resolved adversary begins to rethink his position.

It took the Japanese twice to get the message through. And they were some resolves people. I don't think the USA has faces a more committed opponent since the Japanese. Rag heads break and run, or self detonate at the first sign of adversity.

The women in the ME are tougher than the men. The men cry like children when confronted.

Bob
02-21-2015, 12:52 AM

GWB was trying hard to evade war in Iraq. Afghanistan he moved much faster since the plan was to evade our ground troops in favor of working to make sure the Afghanistan northern forces could win. And they won. Few seem to see how brilliant that plan was.

Safety
02-21-2015, 12:59 AM
GWB was trying hard to evade war in Iraq. Afghanistan he moved much faster since the plan was to evade our ground troops in favor of working to make sure the Afghanistan northern forces could win. And they won. Few seem to see how brilliant that plan was.

GWB was trying as hard to avoid a war in Iraq, as a fat kid tries to avoid cake.

Hal Jordan
02-21-2015, 01:47 AM
GWB was trying as hard to avoid a war in Iraq, as a fat kid tries to avoid cake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMhzss0kV-Q

donttread
02-21-2015, 06:09 AM

ISIS can only do what they do because of 60 years worth of our efforts to keep the ME unstable and her governments weak

Peter1469
02-21-2015, 06:17 AM
ISIS can only do what they do because of 60 years worth of our efforts to keep the ME unstable and her governments weak

You are off by 33 years.

And the US had no part of Sykes Picot, so far as I know.

Mac-7
02-21-2015, 06:46 AM
I'm not to fond of the idea either.

But the idea that the USA is the ultimate moral authority of who gets what is also wrong.

If they make one? Okay, we soldier on. If they use it against us? Eradicate them.

This isn't a hard problem to solve. When you start dropping bombs that have a death toll upwards of 100k civilian casualties each time, even the most resolved adversary begins to rethink his position.

It took the Japanese twice to get the message through. And they were some resolves people. I don't think the USA has faces a more committed opponent since the Japanese. Rag heads break and run, or self detonate at the first sign of adversity.

The women in the ME are tougher than the men. The men cry like children when confronted.

In the case of nuclear weapons for wackos like the Iranian mullahs America certainly is the ultimate moral authority.

I don't know what country you come from.

but if you hate America more than you care about world peace then you are dooming your people and mine to a terrible way to die.

donttread
02-21-2015, 10:22 AM
You are off by 33 years.

And the US had no part of Sykes Picot, so far as I know.

53 in Iran rings some kind of bell but certainly Iran in the late 70's

donttread
02-21-2015, 10:29 AM
In the case of nuclear weapons for wackos like the Iranian mullahs America certainly is the ultimate moral authority.

but if you hate America more than you care about world peace then you are dooming your people and mine to a terrible way to die.

Don't you find it just the slightest bit ironic that the nuclear " moral authority" is the only country who ever used them on people? Or that the "world police" invaded Iraq without just cause, stayed for 10 years, built a GWB temple and left the place worse than we found it?
Remember countries with nukes don't get invaded. If everyone had them where would we play our war games with the Russians? What would happen to the global military industrial complex?

Mac-7
02-21-2015, 11:13 AM
Don't you find it just the slightest bit ironic that the nuclear " moral authority" is the only country who ever used them on people?

Not at all.

Many more Americans and Japanese would have died during an invasion of the Japanese homeland

donttread
02-21-2015, 11:20 AM
Not at all.

Many more Americans and Japanese would have died during an invasion of the Japanese homeland

Oh good grief y6ou can't possibly believe that propaganda . Or justify the murder of children vs. battle with soliders?

Mac-7
02-21-2015, 11:54 AM
Oh good grief y6ou can't possibly believe that

Many Japanese children died on Saipan and Okinawa.

not from US bullets but by the hand of their parents.

you are the one who has been mislead by anti American radical lib bs.

Peter1469
02-21-2015, 12:45 PM
53 in Iran rings some kind of bell but certainly Iran in the late 70's

That is all minor compared to 1916. Focus.

Peter1469
02-21-2015, 12:46 PM
Not at all.

Hey tool, there was never going to be an invasion of Japan. We used nukes to make sure everyone knew who was in charge.

iustitia
02-21-2015, 01:22 PM
Hey tool, there was never going to be an invasion of Japan. We used nukes to make sure everyone knew who was in charge.

That's just insulting, Pete. You should have put a comma before AND after 'tool'.

Mac-7
02-21-2015, 02:05 PM
That's just insulting, Pete. You should have put a comma before AND after 'tool'.

Brown noser

Safety
02-21-2015, 02:18 PM

I was going to ask if he was referring to Snap-on or MATCO, but knowing the subject, I figured he was speaking about a chinese knockoff.

Cthulhu
02-21-2015, 02:35 PM

Russia has tons of nukes. And we weren't exactly friends with them, still aren't actually.

Yet you don't see us nuking each other left and right.

Wonder why that is?

Nevermind, don't wonder at all. Just go back to watching Fox news.

iustitia
02-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Brown noser

How is that brown-nosing? Mac-7, don't you ever get tired of making shit up?