PDA

View Full Version : Amazing.

Cthulhu
02-23-2015, 02:10 AM
Reason: Prosecutors: Not Enough Evidence Cops Who Shot Unarmed Man 16 Times As He Laid In Bed Acted With ‘Malice’ http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwp9m73SA

Now I am grateful for not getting blown away for getting out of my car when pulled over.

This is too crazy to make up.

Sent from my evil kitten eating cell phone.

Peter1469
02-23-2015, 05:05 AM
Yes, that is crazy.

Francie
02-23-2015, 05:17 AM
So where is a march on the street? Where are people?

You all are ridiculous. I led marches on streets when a kid went missing.

GET INVOLVED!!

Safety
02-23-2015, 06:36 AM
Reason: Prosecutors: Not Enough Evidence Cops Who Shot Unarmed Man 16 Times As He Laid In Bed Acted With ‘Malice’ http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwp9m73SA

Now I am grateful for not getting blown away for getting out of my car when pulled over.

This is too crazy to make up.

Just stopping by to see if anybody was saying it was the guy's fault, you know, maybe he made a sudden move and startled to the officers, or that maybe we are too quick to judge when split second decisions means life or death....

:rollseyes:

How's that 2% indictment rate working out?

Mr. P
02-23-2015, 07:56 AM
Both officers reported they identified themselves as law enforcement and asked Theoharisto show his hands as they entered the room, illuminating it with their flashlights. Theoharisbriefly raised his hands from under the comforter, but only for a moment. The officers nowstood at the foot of the bed. Officer Y, holding his gun in his right hand and his flashlight inhis left, pulled the comforter off the bed, exposing Theoharis, who was fully dressed. DustinTheoharis did not make any sudden movements and no weapons were in view.

Remaining at the foot of the bed, DOC Officer Y asked Theoharis if he had any guns.Theoharis reportedly replied that he had three. According to the officers, when DOCOfficer Y asked where the guns were, Theoharis called out suddenly, “Right here,” andthen lunged to the left (nightstand) side of the bed and began reaching under themattress with his left hand.

The officers reported shouting commands for Theoharis to stop and show his hands. WhenTheoharis continued his actions, the officers opened fire.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&sqi=2&ved=0CE0QFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kingcounty.gov%2F~%2Fmedia%2F Council%2Fdocuments%2F2013%2F07-10-13_Review_of_Officer_Involved_Shooting_of_Dustin_T heoharis.ashx%3Fla%3Den&ei=6yHrVNaVM8icNv6igKAM&usg=AFQjCNGW62YileTTq_NBMNIWph2lV2OKaA&bvm=bv.86475890,d.eXY

PolWatch
02-23-2015, 08:03 AM
They were skeered....and it took 15 rounds to feel safe. No weapons were found....

Crepitus
02-23-2015, 09:17 AM
Reads like suicide by cop. Easy to do these days just yell "BOO".

Or dress up as a German Shepard.

The Xl
02-23-2015, 10:57 AM
It's been obvious to anyone who's paying attention that they can literally do what they want and get away with it, regardless of the circumstance.

Justice, the Constitution, rule of law, it's all bullshit. Their are classes in this country that are above it, cops are one of those classes.

Dr. Who
02-24-2015, 12:35 AM
And the hits just keep on coming. Unbelievable. And yet someone will still excuse it - no matter if were mouthy 94 year old quadriplegic or a truculent 3 year old. Is there no bottom to this pit? Is there no point where people will say, wow that was uncalled for in their defense of law enforcement abuse of power. Perhaps it will take platoons of kill squads to wake people up to the fact that there is a distinctly anti-citizen attitude infiltrating police departments and for some reason the judiciary?

Hal Jordan
02-24-2015, 01:07 AM
So shooting him 16 times isn't enough to charge him with excessive force? What's the furthest I can get from "civilization"?

Cthulhu
02-24-2015, 01:17 AM
And the hits just keep on coming. Unbelievable. And yet someone will still excuse it - no matter if were mouthy 94 year old quadriplegic or a truculent 3 year old. Is there no bottom to this pit? Is there no point where people will say, wow that was uncalled for in their defense of law enforcement abuse of power. Perhaps it will take platoons of kill squads to wake people up to the fact that there is a distinctly anti-citizen attitude infiltrating police departments and for some reason the judiciary?

So shooting him 16 times isn't enough to charge him with excessive force? What's the furthest I can get from "civilization"?

I know this isn't terribly common, but the trend of unpunished violence towards citizens from LEOs is becoming more like Master to Slave.

Instead of the Public Servant to Sovereign as was intended.

Things like this are becoming more common, and this is something that worries me.

Were I in a different state and county, I could have been shot or brutalized and possibly dead.

How does this benefit our nation? Hell if I know...

Brett Nortje
02-24-2015, 01:02 PM
All that needs to happen here is that the truth can get lost, as they might have had a tip off on some guy with a gun, and instead focus on the best outcome from here on out. this is because you cannot undo what has happened, but you can move forward with a bit of wisdom, yes?

So, if you were to observe that someone has been shot and lived, then you must also see that there is only a little bit of harm done to another. the cops should be moved to desk jobs if they are worth it. also, if the mechanic is getting paid three million dollars, that is nice and he can live a nice life from here on out.

Now, if the cops in future act on someone while they are outside their house, it would be better to avoid climaxes where there might be force involved, as, they will probably keep their guns inside the house, yes?

What else do you guys think should be done? it is only our primal instinct that makes it hard to forgive and forget - it is hard being a cop. he might have had both hands under the covers, of course.

PolWatch
02-24-2015, 01:06 PM
According to the OP the victim had nothing to do with the warrant being served...he was living in an attacked apartment or room. Perhaps he was responding to an order to get up and was reaching to throw the covers off? No weapons were found in the victim's room.

CreepyOldDude
02-25-2015, 05:20 PM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&sqi=2&ved=0CE0QFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kingcounty.gov%2F~%2Fmedia%2F Council%2Fdocuments%2F2013%2F07-10-13_Review_of_Officer_Involved_Shooting_of_Dustin_T heoharis.ashx%3Fla%3Den&ei=6yHrVNaVM8icNv6igKAM&usg=AFQjCNGW62YileTTq_NBMNIWph2lV2OKaA&bvm=bv.86475890,d.eXY

That story would be more believable if not for the fact that the officers took weeks to get around to telling it. Which sounds an awful lot like taking the time to come up with a story that gets them out of trouble, while being simple enough to keep straight.

Safety
02-25-2015, 05:31 PM
I know this isn't terribly common, but the trend of unpunished violence towards citizens from LEOs is becoming more like Master to Slave.

Instead of the Public Servant to Sovereign as was intended.

Things like this are becoming more common, and this is something that worries me.

Were I in a different state and county, I could have been shot or brutalized and possibly dead.

How does this benefit our nation? Hell if I know...

It's stories like this that makes me want to do this.....

Captain Obvious
02-26-2015, 10:51 AM
http://rs2img.memecdn.com/im-going-to-protect-and-serve-the-shit-out-of-you_o_1071583.jpg

Hal Jordan
02-26-2015, 02:31 PM

Bob
02-26-2015, 02:44 PM
They were skeered....and it took 15 rounds to feel safe. No weapons were found....

The victim is white. In a dozen posts, this will die out. He had to be black, then all hell would bust out. Riots in the streets, companies busted up, stores robbed.

Safety
02-26-2015, 02:57 PM
The victim is white. In a dozen posts, this will die out. He had to be black, then all hell would bust out. Riots in the streets, companies busted up, stores robbed.

Are you and Cigar roommates?

Ravens Fan
02-26-2015, 07:29 PM