PDA

View Full Version : Young girl suicide bomber kills seven in Nigeria

Common
02-23-2015, 02:15 PM
You have to be pure animals to send a 7 yr old girl to her death. Id bet anything that girl had no idea when she hit that button she was going to die.

My loathing for terrorists is growing

Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - A girl thought to be as young as seven killed herself and seven others in a suicide bombing in northeast Nigeria as President Goodluck Jonathan conceded his government had initially underrated the Islamist extremist group Boko Haram.

The attack on a market in the city of Potiskum, the commercial capital of Yobe state, was the latest in a string of suicide strikes in which children have been used.
The initial death toll given by witnesses and hospital sources was six -- the bomber and five others -- but medical sources at the state-run hospital in Potiskum said later two of those injured had also died.
Previous attacks have been blamed on Boko Haram.
Nineteen people injured in the blast were taken to the hospital, a local vigilante leader, Buba Lawan, told AFP.
The bombing highlights the severe security challenges facing Nigeria in the run-up to presidential and parliamentary elections on March 28.

http://news.yahoo.com/girl-suicide-bomber-kills-self-five-others-nigeria-135033062.html

Cigar
02-23-2015, 02:17 PM
That's why they need to go after the young, before they can reason.

Mac-7
02-23-2015, 02:17 PM
You have to be pure animals to send a 7 yr old girl to her death. Id bet anything that girl had no idea when she hit that button she was going to die.

Kano (Nigeria) (AFP) - A girl thought to be as young as seven killed herself and seven others in a suicide bombing in northeast Nigeria as President Goodluck Jonathan conceded his government had initially underrated the Islamist extremist group Boko Haram.

The attack on a market in the city of Potiskum, the commercial capital of Yobe state, was the latest in a string of suicide strikes in which children have been used.
The initial death toll given by witnesses and hospital sources was six -- the bomber and five others -- but medical sources at the state-run hospital in Potiskum said later two of those injured had also died.
Nineteen people injured in the blast were taken to the hospital, a local vigilante leader, Buba Lawan, told AFP.
The bombing highlights the severe security challenges facing Nigeria in the run-up to presidential and parliamentary elections on March 28.

http://news.yahoo.com/girl-suicide-bomber-kills-self-five-others-nigeria-135033062.html

It is not out of the question that this family could have applied for refugee status and immigrated to the US.

In which case this child could have blown herself up in a US shopping small and killed 7 Americans instead of Nigerians.

Mr. P
02-23-2015, 02:34 PM

Is that how you turned out to be the way you are?

texan
02-23-2015, 02:46 PM

Such a coherent statement don't you all agree? Please elaborate.

DonFrijoles
02-23-2015, 04:33 PM

(http://news.yahoo.com/girl-suicide-bomber-kills-self-five-others-nigeria-135033062.html)......,,

What would it take to bring that loathing to full fruition?

DonFrijoles
02-23-2015, 04:35 PM

That presupposes that a fully grown muslim would ever be able to reason.

If muslims were able to reason, they would cease being muslims.

Common
02-23-2015, 07:09 PM
What would it take to bring that loathing to full fruition?

When it directly threatens me or my own

Mr. Right
02-23-2015, 07:13 PM
According to some of the coke/crackheads in D.C., this 7 year old just needed a job.

DonFrijoles
03-02-2015, 09:46 PM
It is not out of the question that this family could have applied for refugee status and immigrated to the US.

In which case this child could have blown herself up in a US shopping small and killed 7 Americans instead of Nigerians.

That would secretly make Obama happy.

He would dismiss it as workplace violence (she couldn't get a job at the mall?), or as something random.

southwest88
03-02-2015, 10:35 PM

Yes, agreed - If she was not of the age of consent (whatever that may be under Sharia), then she could not be a suicide bomber. No matter how you try to explain the concept to a child, I too doubt that she knew what she was doing. So - that makes her not a martyr, but What? A self-delivering bomb? The local equivalent of a Smart Bomb?

& therefore the headline on the article is wrong. It should be something along the lines of "Child duped into suicide & murder". You have to wonder what she was promised - 72 Barbie dolls, in their original packaging? A quart of Coke for her to enjoy? Maybe an ice-cream sandwich?

Yah, the people who armed her & sent her on her way must be truly desperate - if they're wiling to throw away the next generation merely to make a religious/political point.

Redrose
03-02-2015, 11:03 PM

It was before I was born, but I have read enough to get an accurate picture of the world pre WWII. The Nazis were doing horrific things, the German people were being fed propaganda that everythig was rosy.
The stories that were leaked to the world were so terrible, people chose to look the other way, because it didn't affect them. Eventually, the world could no longer look away and we had WWII in Europe.

Last evening, military experts and strategists, used the term WWIII. It was chilling. They said we're not there yet, but we will be. ISIL has set up camp in too many countries, on almost every continent. They are recruiting at an alarming speed. Their crimes rival those of the Nazis, some say even worse. These experts said, if the many terrorist groups decide to join forces, the world will have to act. Those terrorists are barbaric animals that need to be stopped.

Candace Camp
03-02-2015, 11:12 PM
I don't think we should be interfering with other cultures.

Candace Camp
03-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Yes, agreed - If she was not of the age of consent (whatever that may be under Sharia), then she could not be a suicide bomber. No matter how you try to explain the concept to a child, I too doubt that she knew what she was doing. So - that makes her not a martyr, but What? A self-delivering bomb? The local equivalent of a Smart Bomb?

& therefore the headline on the article is wrong. It should be something along the lines of "Child duped into suicide & murder". You have to wonder what she was promised - 72 Barbie dolls, in their original packaging? A quart of Coke for her to enjoy? Maybe an ice-cream sandwich?

Yah, the people who armed her & sent her on her way must be truly desperate - if they're wiling to throw away the next generation merely to make a religious/political point.

Each culture and people have varied customs. Maybe in Nigeria they have adjusted the religion to suit their own customs.

Redrose
03-02-2015, 11:18 PM
I don't think we should be interfering with other cultures.

Yes, but there are hell bent on interfering with ours. We aren't looking for trouble, trouble found us.

Candace Camp
03-02-2015, 11:20 PM
It was before I was born, but I have read enough to get an accurate picture of the world pre WWII. The Nazis were doing horrific things, the German people were being fed propaganda that everythig was rosy.
The stories that were leaked to the world were so terrible, people chose to look the other way, because it didn't affect them. Eventually, the world could no longer look away and we had WWII in Europe.

Last evening, military experts and strategists, used the term WWIII. It was chilling. They said we're not there yet, but we will be. ISIL has set up camp in too many countries, on almost every continent. They are recruiting at an alarming speed. Their crimes rival those of the Nazis, some say even worse. These experts said, if the many terrorist groups decide to join forces, the world will have to act. Those terrorists are barbaric animals that need to be stopped.

It was before I was born, but I have read enough to get an accurate picture of the world pre WWII. The Nazis were doing rosy things, the American people were being fed propaganda that everything was horrific.

I only exchanged two words. See how easy it is to distort information? How easily information can be used to start world wars..

Candace Camp
03-02-2015, 11:21 PM
Yes, but there are hell bent on interfering with ours. We aren't looking for trouble, trouble found us.

How are they interfering in ours?

Dr. Who
03-03-2015, 12:52 AM
TBH, there have been fewer Islamic related incidents than domestic terror acts i.e.young emotionally unstable kids killing massive numbers of people for personal reasons. Europeans have more to worry about, since movement between the Middle East and Europe doesn't require air travel and millions of Middle Eastern persons and Africans are gaining entry to Europe through Africa. Even considering the vast numbers of Muslims passing through Italy into Europe, the numbers of incidents are still relatively rare.

Candace Camp
03-03-2015, 03:51 AM
TBH, there have been fewer Islamic related incidents than domestic terror acts i.e.young emotionally unstable kids killing massive numbers of people for personal reasons. Europeans have more to worry about, since movement between the Middle East and Europe doesn't require air travel and millions of Middle Eastern persons and Africans are gaining entry to Europe through Africa. Even considering the vast numbers of Muslims passing through Italy into Europe, the numbers of incidents are still relatively rare.
and invading Nigeria won't solve the problem.

Mac-7
03-03-2015, 08:40 AM
Each culture and people have varied customs. Maybe in Nigeria they have adjusted the religion to suit their own customs.

This person can't be serious.

The lengths that obumer apologists will go to in order to protect him from criticism is amazing.

southwest88
03-03-2015, 09:54 AM

First of all, there is no Nigeria. That's more of a geographic designation, for the benefit of the World's diplomats & mapmakers. The designation includes 50 different ethnic groups, races, religions, languages & cultural alignments. Mostly Islamic in the north, mostly (?) Christian in the south - with oil wealth in the south. In 2007, there was about $30 billion in income (exports - mostly oil - v. imports). That money is divvied up among the various factions & areas - & is the main cause of the infighting.

Various petrochem multinationals participate in the oil industry there. The Nigerian government needs to be able to function in the World economy, because Europe needs the oil/natgas, etc., & Nigeria needs the development money. Which means that there are minimum standards of governance, transparency, good-faith commercial activity that needs to happen so that the oil wealth can flow into Nigeria & presumably help lift all boats there.

The Nigerian government & military & police look to have exacerbated their problems with the Islamic groupings in the northern part of the country. Oil wealth has not flowed there, & that region remains underdeveloped. The military & police have also been very heavy-handed in dealing with political resistance to the central government, & have used local enforcers/militia to keep the Islamic factions in line. This has caused more & more problems, even though Nigeria is well capable of paying for military/police equipment & training.

In short, it's a nasty, complicated set of issues. Nigeria has the money to help defuse most of these problems, & in the long run, can fund the necessary changes. It's summoning up the political will across a widely varying set of constituencies & maintaining it for a couple of generations that is @ issue. & Nigeria's regional neighbors have a vested interest in Nigeria containing its problems, as well.

DonFrijoles
03-03-2015, 11:54 AM
How are they interfering in ours?

They are doing that by recruiting jihadis here.

Anyhow, their Koran tells them to make war on the infidel (verse 8-39).

Candace Camp
03-03-2015, 04:05 PM
They are doing that by recruiting jihadis here.

Anyhow, their Koran tells them to make war on the infidel (verse 8-39).

They might not be good Muslims. Most devout Christians go against the difficult stuff in the bible so maybe devout Muslims do that with the hard stuff too?

Candace Camp
03-03-2015, 04:08 PM
This person can't be serious.

The lengths that obumer apologists will go to in order to protect him from criticism is amazing.

Just what do you suppose he do?

Mac-7
03-03-2015, 04:08 PM
They might not be good Muslims. Most devout Christians go against the difficult stuff in the bible so maybe devout Muslims do that with the hard stuff too?

There is nothing difficult in the New Testament except maybe the part about love your enemies.

Godless libs really test that requirement.

Candace Camp
03-03-2015, 04:21 PM
There is nothing difficult in the New Testament except maybe the part about love your enemies.

Godless libs really test that requirement.

Yet most Christians won't do it.