PDA

View Full Version : Moving forward to fix our broken immigration system

Cigar
02-24-2015, 08:43 AM
President Obama, Op-ed on DHS Shutdown Threat: 'Time to end manufactured crises, put politics aside'

Our immigration system has been broken for decades. Our country deeply values fairness, but our immigration system has become unfair to businesses, workers and families alike.

That’s something I’ve been trying to change as president...

Understandably, however, much recent attention has focused on a single court decision in Texas in response to a partisan lawsuit that delays some of these lawful, common-sense steps. To those who are affected and disturbed by this ruling, I share your concerns. To those who have questions, the Department of Homeland Security will continue to provide information.

But make no mistake, I disagree with this judge’s ruling. Just yesterday, the Department of Justice asked the court for an emergency stay of this misguided decision, and it has already filed a notice of appeal. My administration will fight this ruling with every tool at our disposal, and I have full confidence that these actions will ultimately be upheld.

In the meantime, it’s important to make clear what the Texas court’s ruling does and does not do. While the decision temporarily prevents my administration from accepting individuals’ requests for relief under the new deferred action program announced last November, it does not impact the original 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program offering relief from deportation to young Dreamers. Those who became eligible to seek temporary relief under the 2012 policy can still submit an initial or renewal request. And the majority of the steps I took last year will continue moving forward. For example, immigration agents will continue to refocus our limited enforcement resources on felons, not families.

I am confident that all the steps I’ve taken on my own to fix our broken immigration system will eventually be implemented. But I also continue to believe that these steps are no substitute for congressional action. It was my hope that a new, Republican-led Congress would seek to govern responsibly by supporting commonsense solutions to one of our country’s greatest challenges, just like President Bush and Sen. John McCain tried to nearly a decade ago. Instead, we’ve seen a series of votes to deport Dreamers, young people who are American in every way except on paper. We’ve even heard irresponsible threats to shut down the Department of Homeland Security, the very agency tasked with securing our borders and keeping Americans safe in a time of new threats, for no reason other than partisan disagreement over my actions.

It’s time to end the era of manufactured crises, put politics aside and focus on doing what’s best for America. So while I will fight any attempt to turn back the progress we’ve made or break up families across our country, I welcome the opportunity to work with anyone who wants to build on the improvements we’ve put in place, and fix our broken immigration system once and for all...

read full article: http://thehill.com/opinion/op-ed/233585-moving-forward-to-fix-our-broken-immigration-system

related:

February 24 - Republicans Just Blinked In The Big Immigration Stare-Down With Obama

The months-long standoff over President Barack Obama's executive actions on immigration took a major turn late Monday when Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) proposed decoupling funding for the Department of Homeland Security from legislative action against Obama on deportations...
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/republicans-blink-on-immigration

Rolling Rolling Rolling :grin:

Common
02-24-2015, 08:46 AM
I am dead set against more amnesty and more open borders. Obama does nothing to address illegal border crossings.

This has gone beyond politics and now its about quality of life for all americans. Illegal immigrants are sucking us dry.

Cigar
02-24-2015, 08:54 AM
I am dead set against more amnesty and more open borders. Obama does nothing to address illegal border crossings.

This has gone beyond politics and now its about quality of life for all americans. Illegal immigrants are sucking us dry.

Read the Excutive Order ... these are NOT Dangerious People who have passed ALL Background Checks and is ZERO Threat to you, me or anyone else ... they are simply children who were born in American and has lived in America for for decades with them NOT personally breaking any law.

As usual, this will be yet another Conservative scare tactic that will go the way of Cuba and ACA and numberious wrong decisions ... wrong once again in the American History.

It's Congresses JOB to address illegal border crossings. Why are you NOT looking at them for the last 50 years to do someing?

Crayola Chaos
02-24-2015, 09:38 AM
I am sick of all these filthy foreigners flooding in it and destroying our culture we need to shut everything down.

Cigar
02-24-2015, 09:46 AM
I am sick of all these filthy foreigners flooding in it and destroying our culture we need to shut everything down.

It's that type of talk and mindset that has the Republicans Party looking in on the outside of The White House Gates. Everyone in America has backgounds from what you call a foreigners place and they CLEARLY show how much they like your type of insults during the last two Presidential Elections; 9.5 and 5 Million Vote Margin and getting bigger.

These filthy foreigners are only growing in number ... and you racist are getting marginalized more more as the years go by. I'm looking forward to the day you all simply die off or just get laughed at in American History.

Enjoy your trip down the toilet ... you'll soon be joining your friends floating in the same direction to oblivion. :pottytrain2:

Crayola Chaos
02-24-2015, 09:52 AM
It's that type of talk and mindset that has the Republicans Party looking in on the outside of The White House Gates. Everyone in America has backgounds from what you call a foreigners place and they CLEARLY show how much they like your type of insults during the last two Presidential Elections; 9.5 and 5 Million Vote Margin and getting bigger.

These filthy foreigners are only growing in number ... and you racist are getting marginalized more more as the years go by. I'm looking forward to the day you all simply die off or just get laughed at in American History.

Enjoy your trip down the toilet ... you'll soon be joining your friends floating in the same direction to oblivion. :pottytrain2:

I aint no republican player so dont be talking smack otherwise I just may have to take you to school.

Cigar
02-24-2015, 09:58 AM
I aint no republican player so dont be talking smack otherwise I just may have to take you to school.

I'm sitting at my desk with pen and papper ... go ahead and drop some knowledge sport. :wink:

Crayola Chaos
02-24-2015, 10:02 AM
I'm sitting at my desk with pen and papper ... go ahead and drop some knowledge sport. :wink:

I dont need no pen and i don't need any paper cause its all in my head...you dig bro?

Cigar
02-24-2015, 10:07 AM
I dont need no pen and i don't need any paper cause its all in my head...you dig bro?

:thinking: Got it ... :rollseyes:

Mac-7
02-24-2015, 10:40 AM
President Obama, Op-ed on DHS Shutdown Threat: 'Time to end manufactured crises, put politics aside'

Our immigration system has been broken for decades. Our country deeply values fairness, but our immigration system has become unfair to businesses, workers and families alike.

That’s something I’ve been trying to change as president...

Understandably, however, much recent attention has focused on a single court decision in Texas in response to a partisan lawsuit that delays some of these lawful, common-sense steps. To those who are affected and disturbed by this ruling, I share your concerns. To those who have questions, the Department of Homeland Security will continue to provide information.

But make no mistake, I disagree with this judge’s ruling. Just yesterday, the Department of Justice asked the court for an emergency stay of this misguided decision, and it has already filed a notice of appeal. My administration will fight this ruling with every tool at our disposal, and I have full confidence that these actions will ultimately be upheld.

In the meantime, it’s important to make clear what the Texas court’s ruling does and does not do. While the decision temporarily prevents my administration from accepting individuals’ requests for relief under the new deferred action program announced last November, it does not impact the original 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program offering relief from deportation to young Dreamers. Those who became eligible to seek temporary relief under the 2012 policy can still submit an initial or renewal request. And the majority of the steps I took last year will continue moving forward. For example, immigration agents will continue to refocus our limited enforcement resources on felons, not families.

I am confident that all the steps I’ve taken on my own to fix our broken immigration system will eventually be implemented. But I also continue to believe that these steps are no substitute for congressional action. It was my hope that a new, Republican-led Congress would seek to govern responsibly by supporting commonsense solutions to one of our country’s greatest challenges, just like President Bush and Sen. John McCain tried to nearly a decade ago. Instead, we’ve seen a series of votes to deport Dreamers, young people who are American in every way except on paper. We’ve even heard irresponsible threats to shut down the Department of Homeland Security, the very agency tasked with securing our borders and keeping Americans safe in a time of new threats, for no reason other than partisan disagreement over my actions.

It’s time to end the era of manufactured crises, put politics aside and focus on doing what’s best for America. So while I will fight any attempt to turn back the progress we’ve made or break up families across our country, I welcome the opportunity to work with anyone who wants to build on the improvements we’ve put in place, and fix our broken immigration system once and for all...

read full article: http://thehill.com/opinion/op-ed/233585-moving-forward-to-fix-our-broken-immigration-system

related:

February 24 - Republicans Just Blinked In The Big Immigration Stare-Down With Obama

The months-long standoff over President Barack Obama's executive actions on immigration took a major turn late Monday when Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) proposed decoupling funding for the Department of Homeland Security from legislative action against Obama on deportations...
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/republicans-blink-on-immigration

Rolling Rolling Rolling :grin:

Fuck obumer.

The immigration system is not broken.

The United States admits more legal immigrants than any nation in the world.

We have a problem with lawless foreigners who ignore our borders and come and go as they damn well please.

and we have a problem with assholes like Obama who refuse to do their duty by enforcing the law.

Cigar
02-24-2015, 10:41 AM
That's it ... throw a Tantrum :pain10:

:laugh:

PolWatch
02-24-2015, 10:42 AM
yeap...there was no problem with illegal immigration under GWB....it all began with BHO.....<snark off>

Mac-7
02-24-2015, 10:53 AM
yeap...there was no problem with illegal immigration under GWB....it all began with BHO.....<snark off>

No, ow bush tried the same stunt that Obama wants.

So don't let your guard down and show us the true face of an Obama zombie just yet.

I'm only attacking your love because he's the current president and bush isn't.

I think even you have to admit that makes sense, huh?

PolWatch
02-24-2015, 11:01 AM
What makes sense is to admit that this an on-going problem that no recent president has bothered to deal with. It may be easier to just look at the one in the Oval now, but that is not the person who allowed the illegals who have been here 15 years to stay. Is Bush more responsible for the situation than Obama? No. They all failed to enforce the immigration laws. Too many people (campaign donors) didn't want anything done to cut their supply of cheap labor....but if the concept of every issue having history is too difficult, please continue to scream Obama, Obama, Obama, lib, lib, lib....KISS

Common
02-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Read the Excutive Order ... these are NOT Dangerious People who have passed ALL Background Checks and is ZERO Threat to you, me or anyone else ... they are simply children who were born in American and has lived in America for for decades with them NOT personally breaking any law.

As usual, this will be yet another Conservative scare tactic that will go the way of Cuba and ACA and numberious wrong decisions ... wrong once again in the American History.

It's Congresses JOB to address illegal border crossings. Why are you NOT looking at them for the last 50 years to do someing?

Cigar dangerous or not was not my concern. My concern is the sheer numbers here that are sucking our resources. We pay BILLIONS for these people and his order does NOTHING to stop more from just running over the border.

Mac-7
02-24-2015, 11:12 AM
What makes sense is to admit that this an on-going problem that no recent president has bothered to deal with. It may be easier to just look at the one in the Oval now, but that is not the person who allowed the illegals who have been here 15 years to stay. Is Bush more responsible for the situation than Obama? No. They all failed to enforce the immigration laws. Too many people (campaign donors) didn't want anything done to cut their supply of cheap labor....but if the concept of every issue having history is too difficult, please continue to scream Obama, Obama, Obama, lib, lib, lib....KISS

No one is talking about bush except the libs who want to shield obumer from blame.

It is your fuhrer who wants to be a dictator and enact immigration law from the Oval Office by executive order.

PolWatch
02-24-2015, 11:14 AM
obumer, fuhrer, dictator, lib, lib, lib.....

Cigar
02-24-2015, 11:14 AM
:grin:

Mac-7
02-24-2015, 11:15 AM
Cigar dangerous or not was not my concern. My concern is the sheer numbers here that are sucking our resources. We pay BILLIONS for these people and his order does NOTHING to stop more from just running over the border.

Actually Obama has been releasing illegal alien felons from jail here in the US instead of deporting them.

Mac-7
02-24-2015, 11:17 AM
obumer, fuhrer, dictator, lib, lib, lib.....

You show your true colors as a lib when all you want to do is blame bush and shift attention away from your dear dictator Obumer.

PolWatch
02-24-2015, 11:25 AM
dictator, obumer, lib, lib, lib....

Mac-7
02-24-2015, 12:42 PM

You've done nothing to show those words do not belong by your name.

Safety
02-24-2015, 12:58 PM
You show your true colors as a lib when all you want to do is blame bush and shift attention away from your dear dictator Obumer.

You do realize that your true colors shine whenever you accuse others of what you do in every thread, right? Maybe you don't realize it.

Safety
02-24-2015, 12:58 PM

Can I use your post as a sig?

Common
02-24-2015, 01:59 PM
:thinking: Got it ... :rollseyes:

Hes as black as snow white, hes a m&m wannabe :)

Mac-7
02-24-2015, 05:16 PM
You do realize that your true colors shine whenever you accuse others of what you do in every thread, right? Maybe you don't realize it.

PolWatch is shilling for a lazy bum in the White House.

I'm shilling for American citizens.

so I'm proud of my partisanship while she's trying to deny hers.