PDA

View Full Version : Feds not pursuing Zimmy

exotix
02-24-2015, 02:54 PM
Just In

U.S. won't file charges against George Zimmerman

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trayvon-martin-killing-no-federal-civil-rights-charges-expected-n311866

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/us-wont-file-charges-against-george-zimmerman-in-trayvon-martin-death/ar-BBhVoMZ?ocid=iehp

The government will not pursue federal civil rights charges against George Zimmerman in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin three years ago.

The department said it had not found sufficient evidence that Zimmerman intentionally violated the civil rights of Martin, 17.

"Though a comprehensive investigation found that the high standard for a federal hate crime prosecution cannot be met under the circumstances here, this young man's premature death necessitates that we continue the dialog and be unafraid of confronting the issues and tensions his passing brought to the surface," Attorney General Eric Holder said in a statement.

A source familiar with the investigation said it has been clear for some time that there would be no federal charges against Zimmerman.

The justice department's civil rights division has been investigating for more than two years

A spokesman for Martin's family earlier said they were meeting with Justice Department officials on Tuesday.

Zimmerman's attorney, Don West, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://img.s-msn.com/tenant/amp/entityid/BBhVjLb.img?h=768&w=1366&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=379&y=215

Safety
02-24-2015, 02:56 PM
Not surprised, there was nothing to go on.

PolWatch
02-24-2015, 02:57 PM
another exciting episode in the continuing saga of As the Zimmy Turns....tune in tomorrow (if not sooner) to station EXO for the next thrilling installment! :rollseyes:

Cigar
02-24-2015, 02:58 PM
No one is suprised ... but I'm still betting the Zimmy situation will take care of it's self. :laugh:

I'm sure Zimmy will see it through to the end. :grin:

Maybe his friends and supporters will see that he get's a good send-off.

exotix
02-24-2015, 03:02 PM
another exciting episode in the continuing saga of As the Zimmy Turns....tune in tomorrow (if not sooner) to station EXO for the next thrilling installment! :rollseyes:
[exotix takes bow]

http://i58.tinypic.com/vdnuhd.gif

PolWatch
02-24-2015, 03:03 PM
for some reason this situation reminds me of the punch line in an old Jerry Clower routine: “Well, just shoot up in here amongst us. One of us got to have some relief.”

Cigar
02-24-2015, 03:05 PM
for some reason this situation reminds me of the punch line in an old Jerry Clower routine: “Well, just shoot up in here amongst us. One of us got to have some relief.”

It reminds me of "Don't Love America", or "Benghazi" or "ACA" or ............................................

Blackrook
02-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Much hullabaloo about nothing.

The hateful left has been aiming its hate at Zimmerman for years now, and now it turns out he's innocent of all charges at the state and federal level.

Will the hateful left apologize?

No, because they are evil.

But evil people go to hell, that is what happens to them.

PolWatch
02-24-2015, 04:24 PM
and people who pass judgment on others?

exotix
02-24-2015, 04:40 PM

The hateful left has been aiming its hate at Zimmerman for years now, and now it turns out he's innocent of all charges at the state and federal level.

I hereby decree a holiday ... let's call it .. Saint Zimmy of Stand Your Ground Day ... LOL

Cigar
02-24-2015, 04:44 PM

I got my spot in Hell all picked out ... right next to the Window near the Front Door, so I can let every MF'er who comes in know who's in Charge of the Air Conditioner.

:grin: Azz-Holes will need to use the service entrence down the fireplace.

Common
02-25-2015, 06:37 AM
This should put it to rest, <but it wont> Even Eric Holders justice dept couldnt find reason to prosecute.

Whether you were for or against zimmerman this is the grand finalely

George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who fatally shot Trayvon Martin in a 2012 confrontation with the teenager, will not face federal charges, the Justice Department said Tuesday. The decision, announced in the waning days of Attorney General Eric Holder's tenure, resolves a case that focused on self-defense gun laws and became a flashpoint in the national conversation about race two years before the Ferguson, Missouri, police shooting.
Zimmerman has said he acted in self-defense when he shot the 17-year-old Martin during a confrontation inside a gated community in Sanford, Florida, just outside Orlando. Martin, who was black, was unarmed when he was killed. Zimmerman identifies himself as Hispanic.
Once Zimmerman was acquitted of second-degree murder by a state jury in July 2013, Martin's family turned to the federal investigation in hopes that he would be held accountable for the shooting.
That probe focused on whether the killing amounted to a federal civil rights violation, which would have required proof that it was motivated by racial animosity. The Justice Department said there was not enough evidence to establish that Zimmerman willfully deprived Martin of his civil rights — a difficult legal standard to meet — or killed the teenager on account of his race.

http://www.ocala.com/article/20150224/WIRE/150229854/1454?Title=Justice-Dept-No-federal-charges-in-Trayvon-Martin-death-

donttread
02-25-2015, 06:45 AM
Double jeopardy fails.

PolWatch
02-25-2015, 06:54 AM
Duplicate threads merged

Mr. Right
02-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Did any article mention how much taxpayer dough was wasted in this witchhunt?

Cigar
02-25-2015, 08:26 AM

Compared to Beghazi and ACA Hearings :laugh: really dude :tongue:

Common
02-25-2015, 08:34 AM
The one thing we should all take away from this, is that if Eric Holder could have found a legitimate reason to bring him to trial on a federal level, he would have.

What appears to be when you read media accts can be nothing like the real truth that comes out in investigations.

Cigar
02-25-2015, 08:40 AM
The one thing we should all take away from this, is that if Eric Holder could have found a legitimate reason to bring him to trial on a federal level, he would have.

What appears to be when you read media accts can be nothing like the real truth that comes out in investigations.

He did the correct thing, if he can find NO evidance, don't manufactor evidance or deny what you see.

Something a lot of Law makers and Law Enforcers could take away.

That's why Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch true Integrity can't be touched.

You can Hate them, but you can't deny the Facts.

PolWatch
02-25-2015, 08:43 AM
He did the correct thing, if he can find NO evidance, don't manufactor evidance or deny what you see.

I think that is the purpose...justice....go figure. Yes, it was expensive but it is now resolved...over....done....finished....thank goodness!

hanger4
02-25-2015, 09:58 AM

Why no complaints about the waste of taxpayer moneys on this investigation ?? Holder's FBI cleared Zimmerman of hate crimes in 2012.

An FBI investigation into the shooting of black teenager Travyon Martin concluded that there's no evidence the suspect, George Zimmerman, was motived by racial bias or hatred.

By Patrik Jonsson, Staff writer / July 12, 2012

A two and half year waste of time and money about hate crimes that had already been decided.

Cigar
02-25-2015, 10:00 AM
Why no complaints about the waste of taxpayer moneys on this investigation ?? Holder's FBI cleared Zimmerman of hate crimes in 2012.

An FBI investigation into the shooting of black teenager Travyon Martin concluded that there's no evidence the suspect, George Zimmerman, was motived by racial bias or hatred.

By Patrik Jonsson, Staff writer / July 12, 2012

A two and half year waste of time and money about hate crimes that had already been decided.

Makes since to me .... :grin:

http://www.a2lc.com/Portals/16856/images/if-the-glove-does-not-fit-oj-simpson-jury-consultants.jpg

hanger4
02-25-2015, 10:09 AM
Makes since to me .... :grin:
Of course it does Cigar cause you have no clue what the word hypocrisy means.

Ransom
02-25-2015, 12:16 PM
This is going to cause great hysterics from our hysterical.

donttread
02-25-2015, 02:27 PM
Not surprised, there was nothing to go on.

How can any murder NOT be a
violation of someone's civil rights? And why should such charges only be used when a white kills a black and has already been aqquitted of the murder?

PolWatch
02-25-2015, 02:29 PM
How can any murder NOT be a
violation of someone's civil rights? And why should such charges only be used when a white kills a black and has already been aqquitted of the murder?

good questions...I still haven't figured out how any personally motivated murder isn't a hate crime.

Bob
02-25-2015, 03:59 PM
good questions...I still haven't figured out how any personally motivated murder isn't a hate crime.

As a matter of justice, that just amounts to more piling on.

The crime is murder. No need to dog pile on more charges.

If they want a killer punished more, just do it. But look at the prisons. Full of dog piled on charged convicts.

I guess we are in love with our loaded to the gills prisons.

We tried that in CA.

We voted on this. I voted in favor. i am now seeing the mistake.

For instance.

Guy is busted for dealing drugs. Strike 1 Felon. Guy is busted again out of prison. Strike 2 felon. Third time this guy goes away for life.

Second case.

Guy busted for drug dealing.

Then busted for murder.

He might get 20 years in some cases.

But so long as he does not do more crimes, once out, he is free.

Seems out of whack now that I put more thought into it.

Bob
02-25-2015, 04:00 PM
In my view, the Obama justice thugs have been engaging in harassment of George Zimmerman. They ought to be forced to remunerate him.

JDubya
02-25-2015, 07:58 PM

I doubt they expended much time or manpower or resources on it.

Probably put it on the back burner & let it sit there just so they could say they conducted a two year "investigation" & make the lynch mob happy.

Honestly, what was there to investigate that didn't come out in the trial?

I think it was a hoax.