PDA

View Full Version : "I’m not just going to stand still over the next two years."

Cigar
02-26-2015, 08:35 AM
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/image/1680982/1424911695000/large16x9/768/432/obama-immigration.jpg

____President Obama said Wednesday that the administration will be "as aggressive as we can" on a Texas judge's ruling that temporarily blocked the administration's deferred-deportation program and he will veto any potential congressional vote on whether or not his executive actions on immigration are legal.

“Unfortunately a group of Republican governors sued. They found a District Court judge who enjoined… but that’s just the first part of the process," Obama said at a town hall event hosted by MSNBC and Telemundo in Miami. "This is just one federal judge. We have appealed it very aggressively. We’re going to be as aggressive as we can. In the meantime, what we said to Republicans is, ‘Instead of trying to hold hostage funding for the Department of Homeland Security, which is so important for our national security, fund that and let’s get on with passing comprehensive immigration reform.’”

President Obama continued: “In the short term if Mr. McConnell, the leader of the Senate, and the speaker of the House, John Boehner, want to have vote over whether what I’m doing is legal or not they can have that vote. I will veto that vote because I’m absolutely confident it’s the right thing we do...”

“We’ve got to pass a bill. The pressure’s got to continue to stay on Congress. The pressure’s got to continue to stay on the Republican Party that is blocking comprehensive immigration reform… For the next set of presidential candidates -- because I’m term-limited, Michelle’s happy about that -- when they start asking for votes, the first question should be, ‘Are you really going to deport 11 million people? If not, what’s your plan?’ ... We’re going to have to keep on the political process on a separate track.”

... Obama said in Miami that he hasn't "given up passing it when I’m president. Don’t suddenly give up and say, ‘Oh we have to wait the next two years.’ … I’m not just going to stand still over the next two years."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/02/25/obama-meets-with-immigration-activists-ahead-of-florida-town-hall/

Translation: Come get some of this Azz-Kicking I'm getting ready to hand out. :laugh:

Reason10
02-26-2015, 09:04 AM
In other words, SCREW THE CONSTITUTION.

I'm the king and you motherfuckers will obey me.

Somebody PLEASE impeach this traitor.

Captain Obvious
02-26-2015, 09:22 AM
He's standing still.

His job is to demonize the GOP by introducing proposals that would never otherwise happen and blame the GOP for obstructing them. This is called "DNC damage control".

This OP piece is all part of this strategy, Cigar just isn't sharp enough to recognize it.

PolWatch
02-26-2015, 09:24 AM
impeach? clever....net result of impeachment: huge amount of money spent to get what? Biden? great idea.....

Cigar
02-26-2015, 09:38 AM
:grin: :riot:

I Love it ...

PolWatch
02-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Presidents often think ahead....Nixon: "No assassin in his right mind would kill me" because they would get Agnew (as President)."

Captain Obvious
02-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Presidents often think ahead....Nixon: "No assassin in his right mind would kill me" because they would get Agnew (as President)."

One of the hilljacks down hee-ahh put a sign on their lawn saying "IMPEACH OBAMA". I always wanted to put a sign next to it saying "AND HAND THE KEYS OVER TO BIDEN, GREAT IDEA!"

PolWatch
02-26-2015, 09:48 AM
The only thing funnier(?) than the idea of impeaching Obama & inaugurating Biden, is Biden running for president. SNL is ready with campaign donations for the Biden for President campaign.

Cigar
02-26-2015, 09:50 AM
One of the hilljacks down hee-ahh put a sign on their lawn saying "IMPEACH OBAMA". I always wanted to put a sign next to it saying "AND HAND THE KEYS OVER TO BIDEN, GREAT IDEA!"

I keep saying ... stop talking about it for 6 years and get to doing it. :grin:

Captain Obvious
02-26-2015, 10:06 AM
The only thing funnier(?) than the idea of impeaching Obama & inaugurating Biden, is Biden running for president. SNL is ready with campaign donations for the Biden for President campaign.

I wish he would run actually.

The word is - no way, right? It's odd for a two-term sitting VP to not run, don't ya think?

Cheney blamed it on his heart and I guess that's a good excuse but think he wouldn't have ran if his heart was in good shape.

PolWatch
02-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Even though politicians seem to be pretty blind to their image, some of them have to face reality occasionally....even if its just a tiny piece of reality.

hanger4
02-26-2015, 12:37 PM
He's standing still.

His job is to demonize the GOP by introducing proposals that would never otherwise happen and blame the GOP for obstructing them. This is called "DNC damage control".

This OP piece is all part of this strategy, Cigar just isn't sharp enough to recognize it.

Standing still is definitely Obama's MO. Does anybody know what pieces of legislation this WH has had introduced on either chanber floor ??

Bob
02-26-2015, 12:43 PM
He's standing still.

Democrats are setting up a brand new way to govern. Where we have a republican president and house and senate running all over Democrats. Then they will whine their azzes off.