PDA

View Full Version : Daily Beast retracts story on Scott Walker

Peter1469
03-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Daily Beast retracts story on Scott Walker (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/daily-beast-retracts-scott-walker-story-115618.html)
We had a thread on the DB article here. I commented in it that I suspected the article was b.s.

Daily Beast retracts their story. The NYTs had retracted an earlier b.s. story about Scott Walker the week prior.

What we are seeing is what we typically see. The MSM and dems, sorry I repeat myself, will make up accusations and even criminal charges only with the purpose of hurting a rising GOP star politically.

That is what American politics and "journalism" has become. Pitiful.

Another major media outlet has apologized after getting a story about Scott Walker wrong. Last week, it was the New York (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/scott-walker-correction-new-york-times-115229.html)Times (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/scott-walker-correction-new-york-times-115229.html); now, it’s The Daily Beast.

The Daily Beast has retracted an article (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/27/walker-s-ag-and-undergrads-hate-his-sex-assault-cut-the-2016-hopeful-just-made-a-bunch-of-enemies.html) from one of its college columnists that claimed that the Wisconsin governor’s budget would cut sexual assault reporting from the state’s universities.

“A Daily Beast college columnist at the University of Wisconsin based this article off a Jezebel posting which was incorrectly reported. Jezebel updated their post on Saturday with the following after USA Today [sic] published a story debunking Jezebel’s account and clarifying Gov. Scott Walker’s position. ‘UPDATE: After Jezebel ran this item yesterday, a spokesman for the University of Wisconsin came forward—over two weeks after the budget was released—to clarify: the University requested that Gov. Walker delete the requirements because efforts were redundant with their compliance of the Cleary Act. Scott Walker’s camp assures that he’s committed to protecting victims.’

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/daily-beast-retracts-scott-walker-story-115618.html#ixzz3T8UpcwMz

Mac-7
03-01-2015, 07:37 AM
I'm shocked that Walker got retractions.

metheron
03-01-2015, 07:48 AM
Retractions shouldn't be enough in these cases. Someone should be held accountable.

Mac-7
03-01-2015, 07:52 AM
Retractions shouldn't be enough in these cases. Someone should be held accountable.

Some dipsy lib chick at the university?

She will probably get hired by NBC.

hanger4
03-01-2015, 08:12 AM

Agreed. Hell I bet I can name several posters here that will continue to bash Walker with this lie dispite the retractions.

hanger4
03-01-2015, 08:33 AM
From the OP;

"In fact, the University of Wisconsin system requested the deletion of the requirements to get rid of redundancy."

This was even pointed out by a poster and was ignored. Blind partisanship corrupts absolutely.

zelmo1234
03-01-2015, 09:17 AM
If you think about it What are the liberals going to run on in 2016?

They have to destroy politics

I am watching met the Press and the left is absolutely running cover and basically lying about the current funding issue!

The best way to get this out of the system is allow people to sue for liable and get these hacks on both sides off the air!

nathanbforrest45
03-01-2015, 11:21 AM
Retractions don't have much effect. There is the old adage about throwing a bag of feathers into the wind. Now, go and collect all the feathers. Its impossible. The original store is on the internet now, it will never go away and the retraction will be completely ignored. Trust me, this will surface again before the 2016 elections.

Cigar
03-01-2015, 12:17 PM
You'll NEVER for a RePug to Retract anything, their MO is to Double Down on Stupidity.

All you need to history to prove that.

Peter1469
03-01-2015, 12:31 PM
You'll NEVER for a RePug to Retract anything, their MO is to Double Down on Stupidity.

All you need to history to prove that.

News organizations retract stuff all the time.

Grow up.

Captain Obvious
03-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Daily Beast retracts story on Scott Walker (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/02/daily-beast-retracts-scott-walker-story-115618.html)

We had a thread on the DB article here. I commented in it that I suspected the article was b.s.

Daily Beast retracts their story. The NYTs had retracted an earlier b.s. story about Scott Walker the week prior.

What we are seeing is what we typically see. The MSM and dems, sorry I repeat myself, will make up accusations and even criminal charges only with the purpose of hurting a rising GOP star politically.

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Journalism is dead.

PolWatch
03-01-2015, 12:46 PM
Journalism is dead.

RIP: journalism -- 24/7 news stations with hours to fill with anything to produce revenue, organizations that use the label 'news' to sell a political agenda, people who offer opinion as fact, news readers who spend more time on their make-up & padding their resumes....surprise, surprise, surprise.

Captain Obvious
03-01-2015, 12:48 PM
RIP: journalism -- 24/7 news stations with hours to fill with anything to produce revenue, organizations that use the label 'news' to sell a political agenda, people who offer opinion as fact, news readers who spend more time on their make-up & padding their resumes....surprise, surprise, surprise.

Journalism is virtually 100% consumer driven also, you can't blame this death on the industry IMO.

metheron
03-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Journalism is virtually 100% consumer driven also, you can't blame this death on the industry IMO.

I don't disagree that its consumer driven, but when an industry chooses profit over integrity you sure can blame them. You can understand their choice, but it is a choice.

Captain Obvious
03-01-2015, 12:53 PM
I don't disagree that its consumer driven, but when an industry chooses profit over integrity you sure can blame them. You can understand their choice, but it is a choice.

Hooray for capitalism...

PolWatch
03-01-2015, 12:54 PM

if we were not buying...they would not be selling....

Captain Obvious
03-01-2015, 12:56 PM
if we were not buying...they would not be selling....

Exactly!

BTW, you misspelled "voting" and "legislating".

:)

Mac-7
03-01-2015, 04:58 PM

If the best and brightest attend our universities, and that is arguable, the dumbest and the laziest of the best and brightest become journalists.

Cigar
03-01-2015, 05:01 PM
News organizations retract stuff all the time.

Grow up.

RePugs are NOT New Organizations

hanger4
03-01-2015, 05:28 PM
RePugs are NOT New Organizations
It's the NYTimes and DailyBeast doing the retracting, both of which are decidedly left of center.

Ya know Cigar when you post or thread without the help or instruction from your handlers you don't make a lick of sense.

Peter1469
03-01-2015, 05:39 PM
It's the NYTimes and DailyBeast doing the retracting, both of which are decidedly left of center.

Ya know @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) when you post or thread without the help or instruction from your handlers you don't make a lick of sense.
He did make a very good thread about food once. Maybe Thanksgiving dinner. Something like that.

Cigar
03-01-2015, 06:00 PM

Ya know @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) when you post or thread without the help or instruction from your handlers you don't make a lick of sense.

Is that you whining again?

nathanbforrest45
03-01-2015, 06:45 PM
He did make a very good thread about food once. Maybe Thanksgiving dinner. Something like that.

Because it was his wife telling him what to post

hanger4
03-01-2015, 06:55 PM
Is that you whining again?
Not at all Cigar Just tryin' to understand your inane post about rethugs not being news when nobody said a word about rethugs. The threads about a news source retracting an untrue Gov. Walker smear piece.

Bob
03-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Agreed. Hell I bet I can name several posters here that will continue to bash Walker with this lie dispite the retractions.

Yes, I am certain of it. They spread lies like this all over the country. It's the standard ploy.

Like how they attacked Mitt Romney in the last POTUS election.

Redrose
03-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Some schmucks will still believe the original story, even thought it was retracted. They are more comfortable with their narrow little view.

Cigar
03-02-2015, 09:07 AM
Some schmucks will still believe the original story, even thought it was retracted. They are more comfortable with their narrow little view.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Scott Walker cheerleader, I hope he's the GOP Presidential Candidate :laugh:

Mac-7
03-02-2015, 09:10 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm a Scott Walker cheerleader, I hope he's the GOP Presidential Candidate :laugh:

Be careful what you wish for.

Cigar
03-02-2015, 09:12 AM
Be careful what you wish for.

I was also a John McCain and Mitt Romney cheerleader, just like you were :laugh: ... becaue I know you were not an Obama fan, and knowing how patriotic you are, I'm sure you Voted in both Presidential Elections.

Mac-7
03-02-2015, 09:22 AM
I was also a John McCain and Mitt Romney cheerleader, just like you were :laugh: ...

Neither of them were my preferred candidate but Scott Walker might be.

Cigar
03-02-2015, 09:24 AM
Neither of them were my preferred candidate but Scott Walker might be.

They were your only choice ... :laugh: ... who did you preferr, a someone more nuttyer

Peter1469
03-02-2015, 09:29 AM
They were your only choice ... :laugh: ... who did you preferr, a someone more nuttyerLike Hillary?
Can't get much nuttier than that harpy.

Mac-7
03-02-2015, 09:29 AM
They were your only choice ... :laugh: ... who did you preferr, a someone more nuttyer

After the primary they were.

But maybe it will work out better this time if libs are going to help me get the candidate that I like.

hanger4
03-02-2015, 09:36 AM
Of course you are Cigar and every smear piece you/left have posted has been no more than lying by omission, out right lies or statements out of context. BTW the schmucks Redrose was refering to are people like you that subscribe to the Gobbels propaganda narrative, tell a lie loud enough and long enough and it becomes the truth.

Cigar
03-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Of course you are @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) and every smear piece you/left have posted has been no more than lying by omission, out right lies or statements out of context. BTW the schmucks Redrose was refering to are people like you that subscribe to the Gobbels propaganda narrative, tell a lie loud enough and long enough and it becomes the truth.

Excuse me, there's a David Kock on the line waiting to speek to you. :laugh:

PolWatch
03-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Of course you are @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) and every smear piece you/left have posted has been no more than lying by omission, out right lies or statements out of context. BTW the schmucks Redrose was refering to are people like you that subscribe to the Gobbels propaganda narrative, tell a lie loud enough and long enough and it becomes the truth.

I agree that the flurry of anti-Walker threads is typical of dirty politics. Where is the same outrage over those who post about Hillarybeast and other derogatory remarks that have nothing to do with policies or platforms? If one candidate deserves honest reporting, don't they all? Those who participate in mud-slinging against one they dislike shouldn't be outraged when it happens to someone they like.

Cigar
03-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Like Hillary?

I'm not a Hillary fan ... but did you watch the Clown show last week?

Really Dude ... are you cheering for any of those morons ... really?

hanger4
Excuse me, there's a David Kock on the line waiting to speek to you. :laugh:
And that ringing in your ear is Steyer and Bloomberg saying "shhhhh Cigar we gave near 10 times as much. Don't mention us."

Mac-7
I agree that the flurry of anti-Walker threads is typical of dirty politics. Where is the same outrage over those who post about Hillarybeast and other derogatory remarks that have nothing to do with policies or platforms? If one candidate deserves honest reporting, don't they all? Those who participate in mud-slinging against one they dislike shouldn't be outraged when it happens to someone they like.

The difference is that our side does not have to lie about Hillary but your side does have to lie about Walker.

PolWatch
03-02-2015, 09:54 AM
You seemed to miss the point of the post...again.

hanger4
03-02-2015, 10:00 AM
I'm not talking about the derogatory remarks that have nothing to do with policies and you know it PolWatch Derogatory remarks are from those with small minds and no arguments.

Cigar
03-02-2015, 10:06 AM
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/tt150301.jpg

texan
03-02-2015, 10:47 AM

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Typical!

Watch out for the boogeyman........

Redrose
03-02-2015, 11:21 AM

I'm sure you want him for all the wrong reasons. That's OK though, the Dem machine has soured enough people.

del
03-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Like Hillary?

sure you can

have you met lindsey graham? mike huckabee? bobby jindal?

lol

Peter1469
03-02-2015, 12:40 PM
sure you can

have you met lindsey graham? mike huckabee? bobby jindal?

lol

They all seem pretty nutty to me.

texan
03-02-2015, 02:14 PM
Oh yes Hillary is really sharp, she helped shape Obama's foreign policy.

“Mrs. Clinton, name an accomplishment. And in the meantime, please explain why we should accept that the millions and millions of dollars that have flowed into the Clinton Foundation from foreign governments don’t represent a conflict of interest. She tweets about women’s rights in this country and takes money from governments that deny women the most basic human rights. She tweets about equal pay for women but won’t answer basic questions about her own offices’ pay standards — and neither will our President. Hillary likes hashtags. But she doesn’t know what leadership means.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/carly-fiorina-riles-up-gop-hawks-bashes-hillary-in-cpac-speech/

DonFrijoles
03-02-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm shocked that Walker got retractions.

So am I. The media thinks it has a divine right to produce presidents.

Mac-7
03-02-2015, 04:30 PM
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/tt150301.jpg

This is the guy Cigar claims he wants the repubs to nominate.

PolWatch
03-02-2015, 04:37 PM
So am I. The media thinks it has a divine right to produce presidents.

who do they think they are? The Supreme Court?

Bo-4
03-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Doesn't make Snotty any less of an idjit. ;-)

hanger4
03-02-2015, 05:42 PM
Doesn't make Snotty any less of an idjit. ;-)
Maybe not, but it sure made you and several other posters here look like idjits. :grin: