PDA

View Full Version : US Will Help Turkey Over Plane Being Shot Down.....

MMC
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/3qamM67CvpKg418hJwkM.Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/AP12062507683.jpg

Mutha-F*@^&*#!!!!! Even After Turkey Admits that their plane flew into Syrian Space for 5 minutes. Turkey is now asking that Article 5 be invoked. To Consider the attack on the Entire Alliance. Carney and Clinton are jumping all over Syria. Plus it says Obama is frustrated that others are not stepping up the pace and that Assad will not step down. Looks like Obama will get to push us off into another Conflict.

This piece also confirms that we are helping to coordinate arms shipments to the rebels from and thru other countries. Funny how Clinton doesn't want to mention Turkeys plane being inside Syrian Airspace for 5 mins. Sorry that excuse don't wash they didn't know for 5 mins. It is as the Russians called it.....recon for the Rebels. Trying to say when it got hit it was in International Airspace doesn't jive if Syria had already fired on the plane while inside their Airspace. We would do the same thing.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/us-help-turkey-hold-syria-accountable-jet-shoot-213428025.html
The Ticket (http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/ticket/) – 4 hrs ago<<<<<More Here.

Conley
06-25-2012, 10:14 PM
Why do we even need to be involved in this? I think Obama knows intervention in Syria would hurt him in the upcoming election...thank goodness we have that to keep him from intervening or we'd probably be meddling even more.

MMC
06-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Why do we even need to be involved in this? I think Obama knows intervention in Syria would hurt him in the upcoming election...thank goodness we have that to keep him from intervening or we'd probably be meddling even more.

Yeah right we keep saying we won't get involved. While the whole time we have progressed to becoming more involved than we should be. Everyone keeps saying how the West won't jump off with any military intervention. But now the Arabs are crying even more genocide and that this could spill over to other countries. Think anyone wants that happening?

Do you think that by putting in the media all these alleged defections is slowing the ball down towards military intervention? That by using the MSM and showing that any and all actions taken by Assad are to be viewed as criminal. How long before everyone has enough of the bad man getting away with all these atrocities and says, thats it enough is enough? When this is the only picture really being shown. The jig is up.

What do we do about the media reporting the CIA is arming the rebels but trying to make sure they are not AQ? Clinton has admitted openly to her Friends of Syria Meeting that we are helping the Free Syrian Army rebels evade capture and were giving them communications equipment. Soft Aid. Everytime we keep saying we are not going to get involved. Then Clinton releases remarks pushing the issue and amping up even more tensions.

Do you think the Saud and the Qataris would push this endeavor without Clinton and Obama's help? Do you think the Sunni would continue to keep disregarding the call for the truce if they were on this venture alone?

What about the Christians that were massacred by these Sunni Rebels all because they support Assad?

Do you actually think that Team Obama is going to back away from this endeavor knowing he has the Neo-Cons to side with him over this? If matters are escalating, does it look like we are easing out of anything?

Carygrant
06-26-2012, 04:30 AM

He does not have to be involved before the election .
In the short term he can continue pushing for humanitarian corridors , or whatever fart arsed plan is devised to keep matters simmering but not boiling , and take his other options into the Pentagon post election , imo .
For the present it is all rhetoric and chatter .
Privately I sometimes wonder what would happen if Russia used some of its chemical or bio weapons to put America to the test .Indirectly that is , with Assad carrying the proverbial can .
Perhaps that depends on whether Putin wants to be rid of Obama , if possible , and how he wants to present matters to his own public .

MMC
06-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Turkey branded its former ally Syria "a clear and imminent threat," on Tuesday as its Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan vented his fury over the downing of a Turkish fighter jet.
In his most outspoken criticism of the Damascus regime, Erdogan vowed to retaliate against the "heinous act" and promised a change of military attitude to any Syrian officer approaching the common border.

"The rules of engagement of the Turkish Armed Forces have changed given this new development," Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told parliament following the shooting down of F-4 Phantom jet Friday. The two pilots are still missing.
Erdogan said his government would retaliate "with determination" and take what he called the "necessary steps by determining the time, place and method by itself".

"This latest development shows that the Assad regime has become a clear and imminent threat to the security of Turkey, as well as for its own people," he added.
"Turkey will support Syrian people in every way until they get rid of the bloody dictator and his gang," he said on Tuesday.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-respond-violation-syria-says-premier-101609103.html;_ylt=AvttryqP5kmM2NACi27JL.RvaA8F;_ ylu=X3oDMTNmZWllOGNnBG1pdAMEcGtnA2E4ZDQ5MmVjLTEzNT ctM2IzNy1iMjhiLWMxOGRhNDU5ZjliYgRwb3MDMgRzZWMDbG5f TWlkRWFzdF9nYWwEdmVyA2JkN2JkMDQwLWJmODEtMTFlMS1iZm NmLWQyYTllMGI2OWQwNg--;_ylv=3
AFP – 41 mins ago<<<<<

Tough talk from Turkey.....do you think they are full of stuffing? See now if Clinton and Obama can get Turkey to jump and and do the dirty work. They will give full and uneqivocal assistance. Then Obama can try and involve us with a limited engagement. I believe we are still using Turkish Airfields to top it off.

As then Obama will come to the American people stating we are a member of the UN and NATO. Our friends asked for our help. Which then he will use EP again. Plus with the UN now today sending in their Key Human Rights Observer. Then the UN can sanction for Peacekeepers to be sent in.

MMC
06-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Turkey branded its former ally Syria "a clear and imminent threat," on Tuesday as its Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan vented his fury over the downing of a Turkish fighter jet.
In his most outspoken criticism of the Damascus regime, Erdogan vowed to retaliate against the "heinous act" and promised a change of military attitude to any Syrian officer approaching the common border.

"The rules of engagement of the Turkish Armed Forces have changed given this new development," Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan told parliament following the shooting down of F-4 Phantom jet Friday. The two pilots are still missing.
Erdogan said his government would retaliate "with determination" and take what he called the "necessary steps by determining the time, place and method by itself".

"This latest development shows that the Assad regime has become a clear and imminent threat to the security of Turkey, as well as for its own people," he added.
"Turkey will support Syrian people in every way until they get rid of the bloody dictator and his gang," he said on Tuesday.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-respond-violation-syria-says-premier-101609103.html;_ylt=AvttryqP5kmM2NACi27JL.RvaA8F;_ ylu=X3oDMTNmZWllOGNnBG1pdAMEcGtnA2E4ZDQ5MmVjLTEzNT ctM2IzNy1iMjhiLWMxOGRhNDU5ZjliYgRwb3MDMgRzZWMDbG5f TWlkRWFzdF9nYWwEdmVyA2JkN2JkMDQwLWJmODEtMTFlMS1iZm NmLWQyYTllMGI2OWQwNg--;_ylv=3
AFP – 41 mins ago<<<<<

Tough talk from Turkey.....do you think they are full of stuffing? See now if Clinton and Obama can get Turkey to jump and and do the dirty work. They will give full and uneqivocal assistance. Then Obama can try and involve us with a limited engagement. I believe we are still using Turkish Airfields to top it off.

As then Obama will come to the American people stating we are a member of the UN and NATO. Our friends asked for our help. Which then he will use EP again. Plus with the UN now today sending in their Key Human Rights Observer. Then the UN can sanction for Peacekeepers to be sent in.

roadmaster
06-26-2012, 12:11 PM
He will wait after the elections to see if he wins. I think his main target is Iran and maybe bringing the draft back in America.

MMC
06-26-2012, 03:21 PM
He will wait after the elections to see if he wins. I think his main target is Iran and maybe bringing the draft back in America.

Don't look like Putin will give him that leeway.

Peter1469
06-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Russia is all for the US being occupied with more ME mess.

I am not sure why Turkey is even in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.....

Carygrant
06-26-2012, 04:44 PM

The answer is in front of you .
Syria and Lebanon in that order .
Now just supposing that the the Turkish plane was another false flag incident with Turkey as proxy for NATO -- that is , the US . This will lead to the Humanitarian pretext of getting entry into the country , and later Syria will be "Balkanised"
A serial killer uses the same modus operandi .So it is not surprising that NATO , the US , repeatedly uses the same business model .

Peter1469
06-26-2012, 05:06 PM
Now just supposing that the the Turkish plane was another false flag incident with Turkey as proxy for NATO -- that is , the US . This will lead to the Humanitarian pretext of getting entry into the country , and later Syria will be "Balkanised"
A serial killer uses the same modus operandi .So it is not surprising that NATO , the US , repeatedly uses the same business model .

My position is that the US has no national security interest that rises to the level of overt military force. I think that a majority of Americans agree with me.

MMC
06-26-2012, 05:06 PM

While that may be true.....it is the Brits with the French that have filed resolutions in the UN, and it is the Brits who are on the ground reporting out all Assad does. Yet as privvy to the party they say nothing about the Sunni rebels massacring Christians that support Assad. Do you think it would help if the brits were to report accuaratley on the atrocities committed, to make sure this is repeated to the Western World of Media non-stop. That this is a civil war. No need for others to intervene. Think that might cause the US to take pause knowing the Brits see this for what it is?

Peter1469
06-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Lebanon has been a festering hell since the early 1980s. We tried to help, and rightfully left, and have never invaded the place. What is your take on Lebanon?

Carygrant
06-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Lebanon has been a festering hell since the early 1980s. We tried to help, and rightfully left, and have never invaded the place. What is your take on Lebanon?

It has been next on the list ever since US geopolitical strategy was defined at the beginning of this century and then re-affirmed in 2005 .
I have no doubt that that we ( the British) are present now on the ground inside Syria along with both French and US special services personnel . I think that has been the case for at least six months .
However , if sources like Debka are correct , full NATO representation is now operating at least ten miles into Syria via the northern border .
I would be staggered if this were not the case , for that is exactly what happened in Libya . And of course many of the extremist fighters that were used by NATO in Libya are now in Syria carrying on with the creation of a spontaneous uprising .
I go even further and believe the plane shot down the other day was a false flag specifically designed to whip up fears and thereby soon provide a rational for invasion .
Whoops , I meant provision of no fly zones .
Sorry ,I meant Humanitarian corridors .

MMC
06-26-2012, 07:29 PM
Well the Syrians did Capture some French Troops. But if the Turks move out.....think the Shia from Iraq will then Assist Assad? Will the PPK and those Kurds then make a move on Turkey or assist Assad?

Peter1469
06-26-2012, 08:03 PM
It has been next on the list ever since US geopolitical strategy was defined at the beginning of this century and then re-affirmed in 2005 .
I have no doubt that that we ( the British) are present now on the ground inside Syria along with both French and US special services personnel . I think that has been the case for at least six months .
However , if sources like Debka are correct , full NATO representation is now operating at least ten miles into Syria via the northern border .
I would be staggered if this were not the case , for that is exactly what happened in Libya . And of course many of the extremist fighters that were used by NATO in Libya are now in Syria carrying on with the creation of a spontaneous uprising .
I go even further and believe the plane shot down the other day was a false flag specifically designed to whip up fears and thereby soon provide a rational for invasion .
Whoops , I meant provision of no fly zones .
Sorry ,I meant Humanitarian corridors .

Why in the world does NATO care about Lebanon.?

MMC
06-26-2012, 08:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr0RJLEw_Pc

:laughing4: .....:dancing:

Carygrant
06-27-2012, 12:55 AM

It is in the crescent stretching from Afghanistan through to north Africa which is thought to be the priority US strategic target for control -- for the natural resources and the means to distribute them.Plus the links between Lebanon and the US final ME target of Iran are strong and dangerous , most obviously via the face of Hezbollah .
Until told otherwise and with strong support , I assume that the US remains closely involved with the Saudi regime , and both are working to have the crescent dominated by the Sunni .There are continuous non mainstream media reports that NATO have set up many training camps in southern Iraq to then move trained fighters into Syria as appropriate .I assume this operation is founded on Sunni "membership " as a Shiite strong presence would be difficult to immediately explain and understand .
Having said that , hindsight will surely show that NATO is happy to employ any extremist group in the short term and there now are groups ready to work for the right price and put other considerations on the back burner .
It is difficult to know exactly what is going on for obvious reasons , but anybody buying in to this version of the so called Syrian revolution will recognise that there are great opportunities for Shiite operations against the civilian operation --- nominally to produce Assad based atrocities but actually created by other groups ( NATO ) for propaganda and standard reasons -- mis and disinformation .
I can understand some finding this type of scenario speculative .Or worse .
All I can say is that from a profiling perspective the modus operandi or model for destabilisation follows the same pattern . The parallels with Libya are clear and obvious .As they are with Iraq , Yemen and even Afghanistan --- the latter a little more speculative than most people wish to entertain or are even willing to discuss .

Sultan
06-27-2012, 06:29 AM

I would say why doesn't NATO go to a bookstore and buy an atlas and find out exactly where the North Atlantic is and here is a clue it's not near the Persian Gulf or the Yellow Sea or Latakia

Sultan
06-27-2012, 06:43 AM
It is in the crescent stretching from Afghanistan through to north Africa which is thought to be the priority US strategic target for control -- for the natural resources and the means to distribute them.Plus the links between Lebanon and the US final ME target of Iran are strong and dangerous , most obviously via the face of Hezbollah .
Until told otherwise and with strong support , I assume that the US remains closely involved with the Saudi regime , and both are working to have the crescent dominated by the Sunni .There are continuous non mainstream media reports that NATO have set up many training camps in southern Iraq to then move trained fighters into Syria as appropriate .I assume this operation is founded on Sunni "membership " as a Shiite strong presence would be difficult to immediately explain and understand .
Having said that , hindsight will surely show that NATO is happy to employ any extremist group in the short term and there now are groups ready to work for the right price and put other considerations on the back burner .
It is difficult to know exactly what is going on for obvious reasons , but anybody buying in to this version of the so called Syrian revolution will recognise that there are great opportunities for Shiite operations against the civilian operation --- nominally to produce Assad based atrocities but actually created by other groups ( NATO ) for propaganda and standard reasons -- mis and disinformation .
All I can say is that from a profiling perspective the modus operandi or model for destabilisation follows the same pattern . The parallels with Libya are clear and obvious .As they are with Iraq , Yemen and even Afghanistan --- the latter a little more speculative than most people wish to entertain or are even willing to discuss .

chapeau!!!!!!

Someone who knows what is going on at last!

I guess you are reading Arabic forums about Al Saud too!

The Al Saud family only exists on it's throne because it is being allowed to. The reason it is allowed to is because the Wahabi clerics allow it because it is actually them that rule and not Al Saud.

The biggest training camp for terrorism is not Afghanistan and never has been.
The biggest recruitment centre and training arena is the Wahabi mosques ( of which 80% in the USA totally funded by Al Saud). Those mosques are the fertile breeding ground for extremism and from there after their indoctrination they move out to the various locations.
Bush Jnr allowed just before 9/11 a policy to allow ANY Saudi to apply WITHOUT interview for an USA visa. There were many objections to this as the visas were then issued to anyone and instructions were given to allow visas prior to 9/11 to any Saudi national. Meanwhile back in USA Prince Bandar was through his wife paying thousands of dollars each month to known extremists which your own opposition knew about and objected to.
One man in particular Omar Al Bassyoumi was receiving checks from Bandar that went to pay the rents and payments to at least 4 of the named 9/11 hijackers. It's all documented.

There is much to learn and it is good to read that someone figured out the Saudi connection outside of our region and which we have known for decades.

Sultan
06-27-2012, 06:54 AM
Then, in June, ( just 3 months before 9/11) the American embassy in Saudi Arabia initiated new security measures that could only be described as absurd, announcing that its new Visa Express program would allow any Saudi to obtain a visa to the United States without actually appearing at the consulate in person.

The United States waives visas for twenty-eight countries, mostly in Western Europe. But Saudi Arabia was to be the only nation to enjoy the privileges of this new program, launched, in the most fertile breeding ground for terrorists in the world, for a simple reason: convenience.

According to Jessica Vaughan, a former consular officer, Visa Express was "a bad idea" because the issuing officer "has no idea whether the person applying for the visa is actually the person in the documents and application."
Another official described the program as "an open-door policy for terrorists."

This allowed the last 3 hijackers who were having trouble getting visas to join the other 16 who already ready in the US.

It should not be forgotten that Saudi is the top terrorist fundamentalist breeding ground in the ME. This is where the Wahabi doctrine originates and is taught from birth. The doctrine of 'Destroy the infidel'.

MMC
06-27-2012, 06:59 AM

Who would tell the US otherwise? Moreover what do you think about the Saud and the Sunni and their strategic plan to dominate the ME with Sunni Muslims while trying to explain they are about democracy.

First do you think the Sunni Arab Muslim can ever be competant enough to manage affairs on their own? What about the eye-witnesses to Sunni Muslims killing Christians and attacking those who don't believe what they do nor want them Governing them.

Also I wouldn't go by another's misnomer as to who has really seen the play for what it is with the ME. As evidenced by all those threads that pointed out the Saud's and Sunni Arabs play. As well as their deception with Western Civilizations. Prior to this year and or any coming to this site in 2012.

Trinnity
06-27-2012, 12:33 PM
He will wait after the elections to see if he wins. I think his main target is Iran and maybe bringing the draft back in America.Say what? I've got two teenage sons and there's no way I'm sacrificing them to Obama's evil whims.

roadmaster
06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Say what? I've got two teenage sons and there's no way I'm sacrificing them to Obama's evil whims.

When Obama said he wanted a private civilian national security force red flags should have came up. Today's youth ignores the truth and past. Ages 18-25, did you also not remember Hitler and Stalin did too? They ended up using their private civilian national security force to create an oppressive dictatorship and murdered their own citizens.

Now he doesn't call it a draft but it will be required including women. If it's required then it's a draft. Citizenship means we have a right to the constitution, which we all know Obama doesn't respect. Not to the government. So yes, he does plan on bring back the draft.

Carygrant
06-27-2012, 02:18 PM
While that may be true.....it is the Brits with the French that have filed resolutions in the UN, and it is the Brits who are on the ground reporting out all Assad does. Yet as privvy to the party they say nothing about the Sunni rebels massacring Christians that support Assad. Do you think it would help if the brits were to report accuaratley on the atrocities committed, to make sure this is repeated to the Western World of Media non-stop. That this is a civil war. No need for others to intervene. Think that might cause the US to take pause knowing the Brits see this for what it is?

Come on . Our two countries are in it up to our necks . As are the French , who have invested a lot of time and money trying to soften up Basher over the last decade.
How can we report the facts ?
Both of us have no forces active in Syria officially . It would cost Cameron dearly if shown to be economic with the truth and Mister Obama would have problems as well?

Mainecoons
06-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I hate to say it but I think the American people are addicted to foreign military adventurism. The drive-by media fills them with propaganda about the evil Assad, the artful dodging politicians who love this stuff because it distracts everyone's attention from the mess they've made of things wring their hands and fan the flames, and the next thing you know, we're in the middle of it.

"Wag the Dog" should be regarded as a documentary film IMO. Lays this little game out perfectly.

MMC
06-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Come on . Our two countries are in it up to our necks . As are the French , who have invested a lot of time and money trying to soften up Basher over the last decade.
How can we report the facts ?
Both of us have no forces active in Syria officially . It would cost Cameron dearly if shown to be economic with the truth and Mister Obama would have problems as well?

How was Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats softening him up when they visited him during Bush's last term? Especially when Syria was being looked at to be on that Council for Humanitarian Rights. I don't think the Democrats in the US praising Assad and looking to try and change alliance was about softening him up. More like mis-reading the whole situation entirely with their delusion with the Sunni and the Saud.

Moreover the Truth is out there with the BBC, Reuters, and the AP as to the shown involvements, with no Official capacity to be involved.

Either way it is going to cost Obama. As the Shia in Iraq are not just going to allow fighters to put up camps so they can stroll into Syria and kill Syrian Shite Muslims. Already Iraq has come out and stated they have a say in the Future of Syria.

Deadwood
06-27-2012, 04:27 PM

If it gets going at all, it will as Turkey and some other "NATO" ally stepping in with "support" from the US and maybe token support from Belgium or the Netherlands...moral not military.

The US will supply "advisors" and hardware...lots and lots of American made weapons to keep the Military Industrial Complex function and supplying all those jobs.
But that's kind of the way Viet Nam started too....

URF8
06-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Turkey is not America's friend. It hasn't been for ten years since the AKP took over and destroyed the Kemalists. Turkey is on its own. Screw them.

Carygrant
06-28-2012, 02:53 AM
what do you think about the Saud and the Sunni and their strategic plan to dominate the ME with Sunni Muslims while trying to explain they are about democracy.

First do you think the Sunni Arab Muslim can ever be competant enough to manage affairs on their own? What about the eye-witnesses to Sunni Muslims killing Christians and attacking those who don't believe what they do nor want them Governing them.

I think in the short term the Saudi and US make good bed fellows . Later, the US might need to assess whether getting into bed with them was that smart .
But in pragmatic terms it will simplify the ME considerably if the Sunni were to rule , with Iran 's position consequentially hugely weakened .
I believe the Sunni are more than capable of running their own . Sure it would not be democracy as US sentimentalists describe it , but every force has to develop at it's own pace and in in the manner best suited to its background and culture .
As long as we move together gradually on the Rule of Law and nominal respect for personal freedoms , we ought to be satisfied . Plus , running the Oil wherever possible !!
Pragmatically , I suspect that Christians and others have "had it" in this new world . Of course it is indefensible but re -alignment is never about fairness and justice, imo .

MMC
06-28-2012, 03:13 AM
Thing is Coptic Christians have been there how long and even before any Religion of Islam comes round. Moreover some Sunni Arabs like in Syria don't want other Sunni Arabs coming from other Countries and taking Control of them. Which I could understand that point. Which is like US poltiicans that say they are hanging up their shoes. So to speak. But then move to some other state and once getting the time in that state. Then running for Office again.

Thats when it gets really interesting. Watching Sunni go after Sunni. Which kinda was correlated to an issue Conley had read about. Concerning the ME and that how the real issue behind everything was over Water and of course land rights.

You are absolutley correct on the Short term goal with the Sunni. There will be no might of or maybes. The US then will have even more problems than what they have now. Good Post Mr. Grant!

MMC
06-28-2012, 05:27 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/ZbNecDqCrXPn4jaZ7kcc8w--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9Mzg3NDtjcj0xO2N3PTMxMDA7ZHg9MD tkeT0wO2ZpPXVsY3JvcDtoPTIzODtxPTg1O3c9MTkw/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/67ed9b07041dbe12130f6a7067009a94.jpg

ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey deployed anti-aircraft guns and other weapons alongside its border with Syria, state television reported on Thursday, days after the downing of a Turkish military jet by Syrian forces heightened the tensions between the two countries.
Several anti-aircraft guns have also been deployed elsewhere alongside the border. Some trucks were seen carrying self-propelled multiple rocket launchers, TRT footage showed.

Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan warned Tuesday that any Syrian military unit approaching its border will be treated as a direct threat. Turkey's NATO allies have expressed solidarity with Ankara and condemned the Syrian attack but made no mention of any retaliatory action against Syria.

Turkey is also hosting civilian opposition groups as well as hundreds of army defectors who are affiliated with the Free Syrian Army and collect food and other supplies to deliver to comrades on smuggling routes.

Syria insists the Turkish military plane violated its air space on Friday. Turkey says that although the jet had unintentionally strayed into Syria's air space, it was inside international airspace when it was brought down over the Mediterranean by Syria.....

http://news.yahoo.com/turkey-deploys-anti-aircraft-guns-syria-border-072010761.html
Associated Press – 39 mins ago<<<<<More Here.

Well they had their meeting. (National Security Council) Anyone else hearing if Turkey wants to push Article V?

Carygrant
06-28-2012, 05:56 AM
Turkey is not America's friend. It hasn't been for ten years since the AKP took over and destroyed the Kemalists. Turkey is on its own. Screw them.

I think MMC answers your question -- above .
It was suggested by many that from the beginning Turkey would be used as the fall guy to get NATO entry of one sort or another into Syria .Sure , the geography alone suggests it was the only real possibility , but whatever the past , NATO /US have done a good job convincing them of their pivotal role .
If the downed aircraft really was a False Flag as well , they have committed themselves in a big way . If it was not , they were incredibly stupid to have any plane within 50 miles of any border , let alone toddling along at a height that allowed a hit .
The story borders on unbelievable in the days of flying at 40000 feet or more for surveillance and drones to make even those operations redundant .
Turkey is really the Turkey this time whatever the facts turn out to be .
Unless the plane was actually Israeli . But that takes us into the realms of Conspiracy on a huge scale