PDA

View Full Version : Analysis: Uneasy transition awaits post-Assad Syria.....

MMC
08-20-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/19/us-syria-transition-idUSTRE77I3KZ20110819

(Reuters) - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad looks doomed, politically if not militarily, and the longer he clings to power by brute force the harder it will be to achieve an orderly transition and mend a ruined.

http://www.reuters.com/resources/r/?m=02&d=20110819&t=2&i=482367330&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=2011-08-19T135151Z_01_BTRE77I12IJ00_RTROPTP_0_LEBANON
Syrians living in Lebanon, chant slogans in support of Syria's President Bashar al-Assad and carry pictures of him, as an anti-government protest takes place at the same time a few metres away near the government palace in Beirut August 15, 2011.

Credit: Reuters/ Sharif Karim

Thoughts? :o

MMC
08-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Yo.....ya'll Ready for this......
You dropped a bomb on me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoaXWMlG5ZM#)

Soon..... >:(

Mister D
08-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Those are cool pictures of Assad. 8)

Mister D
08-21-2011, 02:18 PM
Not sure why this means anything to us though.

MMC
08-21-2011, 02:34 PM

Because my brother we have a whole task force sitting by Libya, which will now not be needed to go in on the ground. A little shift in direction and we are sitting off the edge of the Med. right on Syria, the Palestinians, Israel and Egypt.

Plus Turkey will grant permission for UN Peace Keepers to go in from their end and use Turkish Air-Space. Not to mention the Turks have no luv for the Syrians. other than that tie to Islam. Which is why I am not going with the religious aspect with what I had put up in the other thread on Conerning Syria.

As the MB, plus those Sunni met in Turkey to plan this rebellion.....back in June of this Year. Right about the same time all started really focusing on it. Meaning the UN and other countries.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 03:40 PM

Because my brother we have a whole task force sitting by Libya, which will now not be needed to go in on the ground. A little shift in direction and we are sitting off the edge of the Med. right on Syria, the Palestinians, Israel and Egypt.

Plus Turkey will grant permission for UN Peace Keepers to go in from their end and use Turkish Air-Space. Not to mention the Turks have no luv for the Syrians. other than that tie to Islam. Which is why I am not going with the religious aspect with what I had put up in the other thread on Conerning Syria.

As the MB, plus those Sunni met in Turkey to plan this rebellion.....back in June of this Year. Right about the same time all started really focusing on it. Meaning the UN and other countries.

But why would we shift NATO troops there? That's what I'm asking. What interest is at stake?

MMC
08-21-2011, 04:07 PM

But why would we shift NATO troops there? That's what I'm asking. What interest is at stake?

What I am trying to figure out is.....why were we importing oil from Syria? Because this is the new way to keep those spending economies going. Declare the leaders of other countries as bad men and then tell them they have to go. Step-aside. Step-Down. Resign.

Question is how do we not recognize it for what it is.....or for whats to come. The UN. The US. The EU. Now the Sunni's. Next the Turks! Syria is surrounded.