PDA

View Full Version : Condi Rice Stirs VP Talk.....

MMC
06-26-2012, 08:53 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/OuO7pwyvK6NALSMDLFkvMA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTE5MA--/http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/453px-Condoleezza_Rice_cropped-226x300.jpg
Hmmmm.....I told ya's! Condi went down to Utah and stole the Show. Now People are talking to Romney. What makes this great it is his own people. The big showdown was going to be between Portman from Ohio and Pawlenty from Minnesota. Most of Romneys big backers were there. Condi came in and gave a speech and lit those Fires off. Then afterwards she is going to She-Pac for Conservatives Women being labeled the Smartest Women in US Goverment.

Now the MSM is picking all up on it and so is the Twitterspehere.Romney was also looking at Ayotte of NH but that is only 4 votes. Even today listening to Medved and Hugh Hewitt talking about Rubio, once the convo hit Condi. Both agreed this could be the right move for Romney. Condi is by far the strongest of the picks.

But she doesn't bring a state into play. She has all the experience and is one of the Smartest Women in the World. She knows leaders of Countries and she is an Expert in Russian relations. As they stated she is given respect wherever she goes and it doesn't matter what Country it is.

Also she has one issue that tends to make Conservatives back off. She is not fully Pro Life.

http://news.yahoo.com/condoleezza-rice-speech-stirs-vice-presidential-talk-140316502.html

Condoleezza Rice isn’t usually mentioned as a top vice presidential choice for Mitt Romney, but she apparently turned heads at a highly publicized Romney campaign summit in Utah last weekend.But according to at least two media reports, it was former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice who stole the show as the lunchtime speaker on Saturday.

Philip Rucker of the Washington Post said Rice generated the most buzz (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/romney-mixes-and-mingles-at-rarefied-retreat-as-top-donors-taste-victory/2012/06/23/gJQAFWG3xV_story.html)with an impassioned speech about returning the United States to its role as a world leader – which is also the tone of Romney’s campaign.“Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice delivered a 15-minute luncheon speech on foreign and domestic policy Saturday that donors described as electrifying and had attendees on their feet twice,” said Rucker. “One donor said Rice was ‘the star of the show,’ while another said that, if it was a vice presidential tryout, ‘she hit it out of the park.

’”ABC News also said Rice got rave reviews for her speech (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/06/veep-beat-was-romneys-vp-at-weekend-donor-retreat/).“Many of those same attendees said the star speaker of the weekend was former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, who received a standing ovation. Charles Cobb, who served as ambassador to Iceland from 1989 to 1992, said Rice was ‘spectacular’ and described her as a ‘very bright, sophisticated, articulate lady,’” said ABC News.

Rice, 57, would certainly bring a different factor to the Romney ticket, as an African-American woman from California. She also has a foreign policy background and high-level cabinet experience.

Pawlenty is now seen by some as having the inside track to the vice presidential nomination with Portman running a close second.....snip~

Cigar
06-26-2012, 09:18 AM
You can bet Condoleezza doesn't want to be associated with today's TeaParty Mess.

Because if they had their way, Condoleezza wouldn't have any rights.

MMC
06-26-2012, 09:21 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/1eQ7lEAdAHVwILJjmdsqRg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/AP120417032808.jpg

WASHINGTON-- As a former Secretary of State and National Security adviser, it's not every day Condoleezza Rice chooses to talk domestic policy over foreign issues. And as a scholar with a Ph.D. in political science, it's not every day that she chooses to talk politics over policy.
But on Monday night during a super PAC fundraiser at the Capitol Hill Club, a private hangout for Republicans only steps from the House office buildings, Rice wasn't shy about diving into both.

Introduced as "the smartest woman in the world," Rice emerged from a side kitchen to address the group.
Over the course of about 10 minutes at the lectern, she focused her speech on a need for domestic reforms and called for a change in executive leadership.

"This is a truly consequential election. This is perhaps a turning point for the country. I'm very often asked to speak about the foreign policy aspects and there are some key important foreign policy issues before us," Rice said before briefly listing a series of challenges abroad. "There are many foreign policy issues on the agenda, but we are not going to address any of those international challenges unless we get it right at home. And it's not right at home right now, and the American people know it."

"America has a way of making the impossible seem inevitable in retrospect, and we're going to do it again," she said. "We're going to strengthen ourselves, our democracy at home, we're going to strengthen our economy, we're going to do it with great leadership like the people in this room and like Governor Mitt Romney, who will be a terrific president."

:flag: COUNTRY FIRST! :danceshout: :woohoo: Not to mention I would :love10: to see Condi beat out Hillary in making it to that VP Spot. Then she can tell Hillary. What the Cracks on that Ceiling really look like! :thumbsup20:

Cigar
06-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Yea ... but she doesn't think like the Radical Right. So how is she going to get those Wing-Nuts in line?

MMC
06-26-2012, 09:33 AM
Yea ... but she doesn't think like the Radical Right. So how is she going to get those Wing-Nuts in line?

As a former Secretary of State and National Security adviser.....snip~

:rollseyes:.....:wink:

Cigar
06-26-2012, 09:39 AM
As a former Secretary of State and National Security adviser.....snip~

:rollseyes:.....:wink:

Yea and I Umpired for a Little League team once ... :)

MMC
06-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Yea and I Umpired for a Little League team once ... :)

Probably the best way to handle them.....as I hear it the Government is all about owning that baseball, apple pie, and chevrolet. :wink:

pjohns
06-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Condoleezza Rice is probably not a serious possibility as a vice-presidential pick. In fact, she has indicated that she does not want the job.

Political analyst Larry Sabato has recently taken her "off the list" (his own words) of veep possibilities: http://www.centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/veepwatch-2-0-boring-all-the-better/

pjohns
06-26-2012, 11:07 AM

I find it most instructive that left-of-center thinkers use the pejorative term, "Wing-Nuts," to refer exclusively to those on the right--as if there were no such thing as wingnuts on the left...

roadmaster
06-26-2012, 11:40 AM

I happen to like her and respect her. But mine would be Bobby Jindal.

Cigar
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
I find it most instructive that left-of-center thinkers use the pejorative term, "Wing-Nuts," to refer exclusively to those on the right--as if there were no such thing as wingnuts on the left...

Not Correct ... I don't respect any Wing-Nuts, regardless to what way they turn.

A Wing-Nut is a Wing-Nut ... no matter how they Vote once every 4 years.

Mainecoons
06-26-2012, 11:57 AM
And a wing nut is anyone who doesn't think looking out their window suffices as a source of valid, credible information.

Who needs facts and reality anyway? You don't need no steeking facts. Just keep looking out that window and pretending you are representative of anything other than left wing nuts.

:grin:

roadmaster
06-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Wing-Nuts

So a wing-nut is a Christ follower? Count me in.

MMC
06-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Well according to the piece the main 2 contenders are Portman and Pawlenty. Condi may not want the VP job. But I am sure if it came down to Country then she would. Either way she has definately created a stir and getting her into a Romney Cabinet or Admin would be beneficial. She said she wouldn't go back to be a SOS either. But she can be used as a Special Envoy and or Ambassador.

Truthfully I would rather have her dealing with Putin. Then any of Team Obama's people. Or even Huntman.

Cigar
06-26-2012, 04:25 PM
So a wing-nut is a Christ follower? Count me in.

I guess I'm one also ... Counted :)

patrickt
06-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I rather like Ms. Rice. Of course, as a conservative, a black and a woman liberals would not consider her worth talking to. Three attributes they have no respect for. In many ways I would hate to see her a VP. VP Cheney wasn't bad but VP Biden and VP Gore were reduced to being clowns.

pjohns
06-26-2012, 11:50 PM
Not Correct ... I don't respect any Wing-Nuts, regardless to what way they turn.

A Wing-Nut is a Wing-Nut ... no matter how they Vote once every 4 years.

Then could you supply me with a previous example or two of your use of this term, on this forum, to describe those on the left?

Thanks.

Cigar
06-27-2012, 06:48 AM
I rather like Ms. Rice. Of course, as a conservative, a black and a woman liberals would not consider her worth talking to. Three attributes they have no respect for. In many ways I would hate to see her a VP. VP Cheney wasn't bad but VP Biden and VP Gore were reduced to being clowns.

I suppose you consulted with all Liberals on that generalization. :rolleyes: