PDA

View Full Version : Question for Conservative Members

Cigar
06-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Why are Republicans focusing more on Abortion than Jobs? :huh:

Is this a strategy for helping the Economy?

Conley
06-27-2012, 10:38 AM
What evidence do you have that supports your assertion that Republicans are more focused on abortion than jobs? Who and what are you referring to?

Evidence please. :wink:

Chris
06-27-2012, 10:39 AM
Isn't a human life to be valued over mere money?

(Note, I'm I suppose conservative but not a Republican, difference, you know. :-))

Smartmouthwoman
06-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Nobody sez Republicans focus more on abortions except Dimocrats.

Why do you think Obama is focusing more on raising campaign funds than jobs? Remember when he said he wouldn't rest until...? He's not punching in until noon today. Guess he was resting this morning.

Carygrant
06-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Isn't a human life to be valued over mere money?

A bit old fashioned , Chris .
You can buy ( adopt) kids but you need to earn the money first .

Chris
06-27-2012, 11:16 AM
A bit old fashioned , Chris .
You can buy ( adopt) kids but you need to earn the money first .

I'm old fashioned. I think the Declared right to Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness means something. Adoption is good, it costs much more than money can buy.

Cigar
06-27-2012, 11:17 AM
What evidence do you have that supports your assertion that Republicans are more focused on abortion than jobs? Who and what are you referring to?

Evidence please. :wink:

What are the number of Job Bills they have passed?

patrickt
06-27-2012, 11:17 AM
Why are Republicans focusing more on Abortion than Jobs? :huh:

Is this a strategy for helping the Economy?

They aren't. But, why are liberals more focused with increasing the number of people on the dole than they are in making jobs so they can work?

Cigar
06-27-2012, 11:18 AM
They aren't. But, why are liberals more focused with increasing the number of people on the dole than they are in making jobs so they can work?

If you fire police, firefighters and teachers ... exactly where do you think they go?

patrickt
06-27-2012, 11:22 AM
If you fire police, firefighters and teachers ... exactly where do you think they go?

Well, the police officers can be criminals because they have experience, the firefighters can be arsonists for the unions, and teachers can stay where they are and no one will notice.

patrickt
06-27-2012, 11:26 AM

I don't know offhand but quite a few have passed the Republican dominated house. They have all been stopped in the Democrat dominated Senate. Does that tell you something, Cigar? Oh, disregard that. Of course, it doesn't.

The Democrats prefer people on the dole over working people. They're more controllable.

Found it, Cigar. Fifteen "jobs" bills have passed the House and been stopped in the Democrat-controlled Senate.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/20120624congress_cranks_out_jobs_bills_but_not_man y_jobs/

Smartmouthwoman
06-27-2012, 11:26 AM

Same place the military goes when you bring them home en masse... the unemployment lines.

Military unemployment is growing concernGOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Andrea Bond is a former Black Hawk helicopter pilot, she has dodged bullets in Iraq, and knows what it's like to be responsible for hundreds of soldiers on the battlefield.

But putting all that down on paper is perhaps one of the hardest things she's ever done.

"I know the military network, but I don't understand the civilian network," said Bond.

Bond, a Captain in the Army National Guard, was part of the first female Black Hawk mission in 2008. She was featured in Parade Magazine because of it.

But now she's one of many military service members unemployed.

For veterans in Minnesota, the unemployment rate is around 12-percent, more than twice the number of the civilian population.

It's even worse for 18 to 24 year olds at almost 23-percent, the third highest in the U-S.

source

(http://www.kare11.com/news/article/964980/391/Military-unemployment-is-growing-concern)

sec
06-27-2012, 11:32 AM

I did not realize that it was the job of the US Congress to directly fund municipal employees.

sec
06-27-2012, 11:33 AM

Job Bills? Do you mean creating govt jobs?

Cigar
06-27-2012, 11:35 AM
I don't know offhand but quite a few have passed the Republican dominated house. They have all been stopped in the Democrat dominated Senate. Does that tell you something, Cigar? Oh, disregard that. Of course, it doesn't.

The Democrats prefer people on the dole over working people. They're more controllable.

Found it, Cigar. Fifteen "jobs" bills have passed the House and been stopped in the Democrat-controlled Senate.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/view/20120624congress_cranks_out_jobs_bills_but_not_man y_jobs/

Obviously you don't look a Bills closely enough to see the riders; that's understandable. :)

Cigar
06-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Job Bills? Do you mean creating govt jobs?

That's usually the only Jobs a Government CEO has the ability to produce, all others are controlled by the private sector, and we all know we don't want Big Government telling the Private Sector what they can do.

Cigar
06-27-2012, 11:39 AM
I did not realize that it was the job of the US Congress to directly fund municipal employees.

and it's the Responsibility of State Governors to distribute said Funds.

Cigar
06-27-2012, 12:04 PM
Hummmmmm ....

Source: Huffington Post

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) moved this week to hold a noncontroversial flood insurance bill hostage until the Senate agrees that life begins at fertilization.

The bill, which would financially boost the National Flood Insurance Program on the cusp of hurricane season, had been expected to pass easily in the Senate. But since Paul on Monday offered an unrelated "fetal personhood" amendment, which would give legal protections to fetuses from the moment of fertilization, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is threatening to halt progress on the legislation.

"I'm told last night that one of our Republican senators wants to offer an amendment -- listen to this one -- wants to offer an amendment on when life begins," Reid said on the Senate floor Tuesday. "I am not going to put up with that on flood insurance. I can be condemned by outside sources; my friends can say, 'Let them have a vote on it.' There will not be a vote on that on flood insurance. We'll either do flood insurance with the amendments that deal with flood insurance, or we won't do it. We'll have an extension."

Reid has allowed Republicans to attach unrelated amendments to other important bills in the past few months. Most notably, he let the Senate vote on a contraception-related amendment, proposed by Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), to a transportation bill. But Reid called Paul's measure "ridiculous" and "outlandish," and asked Republicans to deal with him on "their side of the aisle."

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/rand-paul-fetal-personhood-flood-insurance_n_1628128.html

Chris
06-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Hummmmmm ....

Source: Huffington Post

WASHINGTON -- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) moved this week to hold a noncontroversial flood insurance bill hostage until the Senate agrees that life begins at fertilization.

The bill, which would financially boost the National Flood Insurance Program on the cusp of hurricane season, had been expected to pass easily in the Senate. But since Paul on Monday offered an unrelated "fetal personhood" amendment, which would give legal protections to fetuses from the moment of fertilization, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is threatening to halt progress on the legislation.

"I'm told last night that one of our Republican senators wants to offer an amendment -- listen to this one -- wants to offer an amendment on when life begins," Reid said on the Senate floor Tuesday. "I am not going to put up with that on flood insurance. I can be condemned by outside sources; my friends can say, 'Let them have a vote on it.' There will not be a vote on that on flood insurance. We'll either do flood insurance with the amendments that deal with flood insurance, or we won't do it. We'll have an extension."

Reid has allowed Republicans to attach unrelated amendments to other important bills in the past few months. Most notably, he let the Senate vote on a contraception-related amendment, proposed by Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.), to a transportation bill. But Reid called Paul's measure "ridiculous" and "outlandish," and asked Republicans to deal with him on "their side of the aisle."

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/26/rand-paul-fetal-personhood-flood-insurance_n_1628128.html

Good for Rand!

Cigar
06-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Good for Rand!

I'm sure he has lots of Friends in South East today :)

Goldie Locks
06-27-2012, 12:32 PM

The private sector is doing fine, we don't need a jobs bill...;)

Cigar
06-27-2012, 12:37 PM
The private sector is doing fine, we don't need a jobs bill...;)

Usually the CEO of Government doesn't provide private sector Jobs ... you may want to look it up. :)

Smartmouthwoman
06-27-2012, 03:01 PM
About time the Reps started playing the Dim's games. Just wait til Romney gets to the WH and we shove thru something like returning prayers to schools! Then we can all sit back and watch Cigar's head explode!

MMC
06-27-2012, 04:01 PM
About time the Reps started playing the Dim's games. Just wait til Romney gets to the WH and we shove thru something like returning prayers to schools! Then we can all sit back and watch Cigar's head explode!

Better Yet.....Making it Mandatory for All kids of every race, religion, and gender to SAY OUTLOUD the Pledge of Alllegiance to the Flag and For that which it Stands. One Nation under God(those of different religions insert name for GOD)(atheists- use Science Nature and or Aliens) Indivisible with Liberty and Justice For All. This should start in Pre-school and be done all the way thru Graduating College as well as taking any GED classes and a Test.

Let there be no confusion. A people without a country.....have no rights!!!!!

Goldie Locks
06-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Usually the CEO of Government doesn't provide private sector Jobs ... you may want to look it up. :)

Geeee, your starting to learn...it's a freaking miracle...I tell ya.

Goldie Locks
06-27-2012, 05:23 PM

I'd pay good money to see that.

Goldie Locks
06-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Better Yet.....Making it Mandatory for All kids of every race, religion, and gender to SAY OUTLOUD the Pledge of Alllegiance to the Flag and For that which it Stands. One Nation under God(those of different religions insert name for GOD)(atheists- use Science Nature and or Aliens) Indivisible with Liberty and Justice For All. This should start in Pre-school and be done all the way thru Graduating College as well as taking any GED classes and a Test.

Let there be no confusion. A people without a country.....have no rights!!!!!

Well said!!!!

Calypso Jones
06-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Number 1 strategy for helping the economy. Get rid of economic ignoramus who thinks he's emperor.

Goldie Locks
06-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Number 1 strategy for helping the economy. Get rid of economic ignoramus who thinks he's emperor.

Works for me!!!

Cigar
06-28-2012, 06:45 AM

I can see what's really important to Conservatives in Education. They'd rather spend their time "Returning Prayers" to school rather than "Returning Education and Teachers"; no wonder ignorance rains supreme rather than knowledge in the Conservative Movement. Good for you, you'll have a generation of illiterates praying for Indians or Chinese to give them a Job in Hi-Tech World stolen from Holey Rollers.

birddog
06-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Cigar and I need to meet for lunch one day in central Illinois. I will buy. We won'r solve much or change each other any, but I bet it would be fun.

Cigar, you can bring your wife or significant other. You're not a queer, are you? Just curious. :wink:

Cigar
06-28-2012, 08:02 AM
Cigar and I need to meet for lunch one day in central Illinois. I will buy. We won'r solve much or change each other any, but I bet it would be fun.

Cigar, you can bring your wife or significant other. You're not a queer, are you? Just curious. :wink:

Sure ... :)

Event Dates: September 13, 2012 - September 16, 2012

Mid America Motorworks Corvette Funfest

http://www.oldride.com/events/6033563.html

birddog
06-28-2012, 10:25 AM
Sure ... :)

Event Dates: September 13, 2012 - September 16, 2012

Mid America Motorworks Corvette Funfest

http://www.oldride.com/events/6033563.html

Possible. Wifey is not here, she keeps the calender. We are retired, but busier than a cat covering up manure! Will get back to ya.

I like Niemergs, but they are a bit crowded and noisy. There are several other possibilities.