03-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Just watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3hY1eagq88

Why don't you list your source, Bob?

Probably one of the nuttiest conspiracy sites I've ever seen:

http://universalfreepress.com/

Bob
03-07-2015, 04:23 PM
Why don't you list your source, @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013)?

Probably one of the nuttiest conspiracy sites I've ever seen:

http://universalfreepress.com/

Youtube is my source.

Cigar
03-07-2015, 05:03 PM
Regan is Dead, his Ragoanimics Lives on.

Bob
03-07-2015, 05:46 PM
What does the Democrats mean by Reaganomics?

If it it steep tax cuts, let's call that Kennedynomics.

If it is defending the USA?

What is FDR and TRUMAN and Johnson then? War lords?

Could be that Reagan believed government had way too much control over your life.?

Shows he cared about your life.

hanger4
03-07-2015, 06:27 PM

Could be that Reagan believed government had way too much control over your life.?

He doesn't know Bob, *Ragoanimics* is just a buzz word he's throws around whenever he sees the word Reagan.

Hal Jordan
03-07-2015, 07:19 PM

Brian Regan is dead??? :shakeshead:

Bob
03-07-2015, 08:36 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bob http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=989005#post989005)

He doesn't know Bob, *Ragoanimics* is just a buzz word he's throws around whenever he sees the word Reagan.

I realize that. Still a person might read his claims so I try to educate the willing. Most of the left simply are not willing.

domer76
03-07-2015, 09:12 PM

As long as you weren't gay. Then he didn't give a shit about you.

Peter1469
03-07-2015, 09:19 PM

How do you know?

texan
03-07-2015, 09:26 PM
What's that got to do with the content Howey?

Bob
03-07-2015, 09:28 PM

Nobody was aware of what that disease was to begin with. Nobody explained it to Reagan at first. By the time he found out what it was, it was spread by homosexuals. They did it to themselves.

I have read over and over that Reagan did not care. But it is just one more lie told by the Homosexuals for the most part.

MisterVeritis
03-07-2015, 09:33 PM
What?

You are not very bright are you?

"Regan"?
"Ragoanimics"?

LOL. At a minimum you can use a spell checker so you do not look like a bumbling idiot.

<oops. did I just type that out loud?>

MisterVeritis
03-07-2015, 09:37 PM
As long as you weren't gay. Then he didn't give a $#@! about you.
Do you believe it is the president's duty to care about individuals? Can you point out which article covers caring about gays in the Constitution?

The best thing a nation can do is follow its Constitution and limit the power, scope, reach and intrusiveness of government.

Why should anyone care about your sex life?

domer76
03-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Nobody was aware of what that disease was to begin with. Nobody explained it to Reagan at first. By the time he found out what it was, it was spread by homosexuals. They did it to themselves.

I have read over and over that Reagan did not care. But it is just one more lie told by the Homosexuals for the most part.

Nobody explained it to him? Jesus! What? Did Nancy's soothsayer not see it coming?

Larry Speakes, Reagan's press secretary joked about AIDS in an Oct. 15, 1982 press conference. Look it up if you wish. Reagan mentions AIDS for the first time, in public, in Sept 1985. Look that up, too.

Reagan was asleep at the wheel for 8 years. People died because he looked the other way. Or rather, slept the other way.

Bob
03-07-2015, 10:03 PM
Nobody explained it to him? Jesus! What? Did Nancy's soothsayer not see it coming?

Larry Speakes, Reagan's press secretary joked about AIDS in an Oct. 15, 1982 press conference. Look it up if you wish. Reagan mentions AIDS for the first time, in public, in Sept 1985. Look that up, too.

Reagan was asleep at the wheel for 8 years. People died because he looked the other way. Or rather, slept the other way.

That is not true. We have the national health department for that very reason. To lay this on Reagan makes the person doing the con job look dumb.

It is a clear sign they don't have all the facts. President are not cut into a loop on this sort of thing until it is explained to him it is serious. Even by 1985 it was not serious.

There is no justification to blame Reagan. And he was not asleep.

domer76
03-07-2015, 10:04 PM
Do you believe it is the president's duty to care about individuals? Can you point out which article covers caring about gays in the Constitution?

The best thing a nation can do is follow its Constitution and limit the power, scope, reach and intrusiveness of government.

Why should anyone care about your sex life?

Yeah, it's the President's duty to care. It's in the Constitution, which he is bound to uphold. The preamble mentions the "general welfare".

It astounds me how chronically ignorant you continue to be.

domer76
03-07-2015, 10:05 PM
That is not true. We have the national health department for that very reason. To lay this on Reagan makes the person doing the con job look dumb.

It is a clear sign they don't have all the facts. President are not cut into a loop on this sort of thing until it is explained to him it is serious. Even by 1985 it was not serious.

There is no justification to blame Reagan. And he was not asleep.

Yeah, keep telling yourself all of that. AIDS was only one thing he was ignorant of.

Peter1469
03-07-2015, 10:26 PM
Reactionary hatred is afoot.

Reagan was not anti-gay. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/06/01/ronald_reagan_and_aids_correcting_the_record_12280 6.html)

I’m skeptical. For starters, in 1983 Gary Bauer didn’t work in the White House; he was a mid-level functionary in the Department of Education. More importantly, even before he became president, Reagan had proven the opposite of “irrevocably opposed” to gays, and had demonstrated this tolerance at substantial risk to his presidential ambitions. One can argue that no American politician ever confronted anti-gay prejudice more courageously.

One of those who’d urged Reagan to intervene was Los Angeles gay activist David Mixner, a friend of future president Bill Clinton. “Never have I been treated more graciously by a human being,” Mixner said of his meeting with Reagan. “He turned opinion around and saved that election for us. He just thought it was wrong and came out against it.”

As for Waxman’s recollections about AIDS funding, he does an unusual thing for a politician: He’s forgotten the success he and other Democrats had in convincing Reagan to spend more money. The administration increased AIDS funding requests from $8 million in 1982 to $26.5 million in 1983, which Congress bumped to $44 million, a number that doubled every year thereafter during Reagan’s presidency.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/06/01/ronald_reagan_and_aids_correcting_the_record_12280 6.html#ixzz3TlF41vuv
Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ak-__cGqqr4O4Yacwqm_6r%7EdZO-fSNoir5lDvacwqm_6r&u=RCP_Articles)

And now the reactionary hatred begins: 3, 2, 1- go.

Bob
03-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Yeah, keep telling yourself all of that. AIDS was only one thing he was ignorant of.

Everybody, even the homosexuals were ignorant of the disease. Do you think Reagan had a medical degree?

Hal Jordan
03-07-2015, 11:00 PM

At the time, most people were ignorant of the disease.

Common
03-07-2015, 11:15 PM

Trickle down economics as labeled by him, it was the process of giving everything to the rich and when they had it all some would slip out of their pockets and trickle down to everyone else.

It was a bullshit story extraordinaire and thats why we have the mess we have now where a few people own the country.

domer76
03-07-2015, 11:18 PM
At the time, most people were ignorant of the disease.

The President of the United States is not most people. He took 3 years to mention it publicly after his own press secretary publicly joked about it.

1982 had Congressional hearings on it. CDC had a hotline at the beginning of 1983. On and on.

Make excuses all you want for Reagan. He was asleep at the wheel.

domer76
03-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Everybody, even the homosexuals were ignorant of the disease. Do you think Reagan had a medical degree?

Wrong and no. He had a degree in sociology from Eureka and was a cheerleader.

Common
03-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Aids was around long before reagan was president.

In 1968 we had a 20 yr old gay prisoner, he had been arrested for prostitution and got sick in lockup, took him to the hospital, he was in the hospital for over 22 days before he died, no one had a clue what he was dieing from, but his organs were failing one by one, the kid suffered like a dog and there was nothing anyone could for him, they had no idea what was wrong with him. I had a couple of shifts guarding him 24/7 I wondered down the road if the kid died of aids and they just didnt know what it was at the time.

Bob
03-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Trickle down economics as labeled by him, it was the process of giving everything to the rich and when they had it all some would slip out of their pockets and trickle down to everyone else.

It was a bullshit story extraordinaire and thats why we have the mess we have now where a few people own the country.

Oh, you are talking only of Kennedyeconomics. Reagan never used that term.

Bob
03-07-2015, 11:32 PM
Aids was around long before reagan was president.

In 1968 we had a 20 yr old gay prisoner, he had been arrested for prostitution and got sick in lockup, took him to the hospital, he was in the hospital for over 22 days before he died, no one had a clue what he was dieing from, but his organs were failing one by one, the kid suffered like a dog and there was nothing anyone could for him, they had no idea what was wrong with him. I had a couple of shifts guarding him 24/7 I wondered down the road if the kid died of aids and they just didnt know what it was at the time.

That locks it up that Reagan had never heard of it nor had a clue what to do in case it became an epidemic.

The claims Reagan understood it but did nothing is pure bullshit.

Bob
03-07-2015, 11:34 PM
Wrong and no. He had a degree in sociology from Eureka and was a cheerleader.

Reagan had a degree in economics. Many men are cheerleaders. Obama was just an organizer.

Bob
03-07-2015, 11:35 PM
The President of the United States is not most people. He took 3 years to mention it publicly after his own press secretary publicly joked about it.

1982 had Congressional hearings on it. CDC had a hotline at the beginning of 1983. On and on.

What will you say when the public blames Obama for Ebola getting into the USA?

Will you approve those claims?

Common
03-07-2015, 11:36 PM
That locks it up that Reagan had never heard of it nor had a clue what to do in case it became an epidemic.

The claims Reagan understood it but did nothing is pure bullshit.

I didnt say that bob, to be honest I dont remember anything about aids and reagan either way

Bob
03-07-2015, 11:39 PM
I didnt say that bob, to be honest I dont remember anything about aids and reagan either way

If you were quoted, it is for what you said.

Reagan was not the man to deal with AIDS. It was the head of the center of disease control. And C Koop was in the dark about AIDS. by the time the Feds figured it out, it was in the early stage of a major disease. But Reagan is not to blame for AIDS. The medical community was in the dark too.

Common
03-07-2015, 11:45 PM
I cant comment I just dont remember enough about it.

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 03:42 AM
The meme that Reagan didn't care about aids and gays is just propaganda from the hard left. Gays in Hollywood at the time defended Reagan so far as these charges go. He was friends with lots of them.

But some people don't let the facts get in the way of their agenda.

domer76
03-08-2015, 08:54 AM
The meme that Reagan didn't care about aids and gays is just propaganda from the hard left. Gays in Hollywood at the time defended Reagan so far as these charges go. He was friends with lots of them.

But some people don't let the facts get in the way of their agenda.
Sounds a lot like "Some of my best friends are negroes".

Reagan fucked up the AIDS thing by being asleep at the wheel. Not unlike letting Iran/Contra run amok by being in lala land.

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 09:25 AM
Sounds a lot like "Some of my best friends are negroes".

Reagan fucked up the AIDS thing by being asleep at the wheel. Not unlike letting Iran/Contra run amok by being in lala land.

Pure partisan hackery. :shocked:

The one thing that may explain your attitude is the flawed idea that form matters more than substance.

Reason10
03-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Just watch

The greatest president of all time versus the WORST.

domer76
03-08-2015, 09:53 AM
Pure partisan hackery. :shocked:

The one thing that may explain your attitude is the flawed idea that form matters more than substance.
When it came to St. Ronnie, there couldn't be a truer statement.

domer76
03-08-2015, 09:54 AM
Ignorance with a capital "I"

Bo-4
03-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times and taxes another 11.

Dumbest video i've seen in awhile though, so thanks for the laughs!

MisterVeritis
03-08-2015, 11:16 AM

Do you believe presidents are gods?

MisterVeritis
03-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Yeah, it's the President's duty to care. It's in the Constitution, which he is bound to uphold. The preamble mentions the "general welfare".

It astounds me how chronically ignorant you continue to be.
I believe you think presidents are gods. The general welfare is encompassed in the enumerated powers. Not one of them mentions a crying towel. A president who faithfully executes the laws has no business "caring" for individuals. You should be looking for a religious figure or a parent for caring. It is no wonder we endure so much tyranny. The president is not my father. Nor is he yours.

MisterVeritis
03-08-2015, 11:23 AM

It was a bull$#@! story extraordinaire and thats why we have the mess we have now where a few people own the country.
The words you use indicate that you, as nearly all radical leftists do, believe that all wealth belongs to the state. No one gave anything to the rich. No one takes anything from the poor. The government takes all of the wealth that it has from someone who created that wealth.

The Marxist in you will always be blind to the truth.

MisterVeritis
03-08-2015, 11:24 AM

If so we need another president asleep at the wheel instead of actively making deals with our enemies and supporting Islamofascism.

Bob
03-08-2015, 11:25 AM

I have explained why of all presidents, Ronnie is the greatest of all.

Set up

Measuring sticks
Numbers freed Ranks number 1
Eliminating threats to the USA ... number 1
Making life better for Americans number 1
Restoring America to great feelings, improved security and power globally number 1

This is a short version of a much longer explanation

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Reagan raised the debt ceiling 18 times and taxes another 11.

Dumbest video i've seen in awhile though, so thanks for the laughs!

Reagan added almost $10T to the debt.

Oh, wait... :shocked:

Bo-4
03-08-2015, 11:34 AM
Reagan added almost $10T to the debt.

Oh, wait... :shocked:

Obama has cut the deficit by 2/3. But yes, it has sucked for him to have to pay the interest on Bushie's many unfunded FUBARs.

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 11:59 AM
Obama has cut the deficit by 2/3. But yes, it has sucked for him to have to pay the interest on Bushie's many unfunded FUBARs.

No he didn't. Using accounting tricks he moved FY2014 deficit spending into FY2015. Two articles detailing that were posted here. One in December and the other in January if I remember.

If he could actually cut the deficit by 2/3rd he would be a great president.

Bob
03-08-2015, 12:02 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bo-4 http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=989728#post989728)

No he didn't. Using accounting tricks he moved FY2014 deficit spending into FY2015. Two articles detailing that were posted here. One in December and the other in January if I remember.

The deficit reduction is due to automatic cuts called the sequester.

Crayola Chaos
03-08-2015, 12:06 PM
Just watch

You our mean the same Ronald Regan who sold us the scam of Trickle Down or the same Ronald Regan who ran the first Trillion Dollar DEFECIT or the same Ronald Regan who signed the Amnesty Act of 1986?

Really should we be listening to Ronald Reagan?

Bob
03-08-2015, 12:07 PM

Obama has spent more than 8 trillion dollars than he received in 6 years. And the trend is he will hit ten trillion dollars over his revenues.

Why do you think he wants more taxes?

And of course you believe it won't be you being taxed. Correct? Surely you don't want to pay off the Bush bills?

Bob
03-08-2015, 12:09 PM
You our mean the same Ronald Regan who sold us the scam of Trickle Down or the same Ronald Regan who ran the first Trillion Dollar DEFECIT or the same Ronald Regan who signed the Amnesty Act of 1986?

Really should we be listening to Ronald Reagan?

You are using the Democrats terms. Not the Reagan verbiage. Reagan did not believe in trickle down.

Reagan never ran a trillion dollar deficit. Obama has ran a number of them.

Obama holds the record of most trillion dollar deficits.

Bo-4
03-08-2015, 12:14 PM

Well Peter1469 then i guess he is a great president!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jan/20/barack-obama/barack-obama-claims-deficit-has-decreased-two-thir/

Btw, where is Alyosha?

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 12:17 PM
Well @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) then i guess he is a great president!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jan/20/barack-obama/barack-obama-claims-deficit-has-decreased-two-thir/

Btw, where is Alyosha?

The PoliFact is b.s. I explained the accounting tricks. They moved a large portion of the deficit spending to this FY.

Aly has family issues. Not good.

Bo-4
03-08-2015, 12:59 PM
The PoliFact is b.s. I explained the accounting tricks. They moved a large portion of the deficit spending to this FY.

Aly has family issues. Not good.

No you didn't really. Indeed, 480 billion is about a third of the 1.4 trillion crap sandwich left by GWB.

Sorry to here about Aly. She's a cool, interesting lady!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2014/10/16/stop-and-smell-the-roses-final-2014-federal-deficit-fell-big-time/

http://images.bwbx.io/cms/2013-08-08/pol_deficitchart33__01__630x420.jpg

domer76
03-08-2015, 02:01 PM
I believe you think presidents are gods. The general welfare is encompassed in the enumerated powers. Not one of them mentions a crying towel. A president who faithfully executes the laws has no business "caring" for individuals. You should be looking for a religious figure or a parent for caring. It is no wonder we endure so much tyranny. The president is not my father. Nor is he yours.

You are really one delusionally fucked up individual.

Your reading comprehension sucks, too.

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 02:01 PM
How many times do I have to say it. The $480B is a b.s. number. They cooked the books.

No you didn't really. Indeed, 480 billion is about a third of the 1.4 trillion crap sandwich left by GWB.

Sorry to here about Aly. She's a cool, interesting lady!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2014/10/16/stop-and-smell-the-roses-final-2014-federal-deficit-fell-big-time/

http://images.bwbx.io/cms/2013-08-08/pol_deficitchart33__01__630x420.jpg

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 02:02 PM

Warning: Stop calling members names.

Bob
03-08-2015, 02:03 PM

And Democrats wonder why they are not liked.

Common
03-08-2015, 02:05 PM
You are using the Democrats terms. Not the Reagan verbiage. Reagan did not believe in trickle down.

Reagan never ran a trillion dollar deficit. Obama has ran a number of them.

Obama holds the record of most trillion dollar deficits.

Reagan created the term trickle down and he created over a trillion dollar debt in 1982 dollars

domer76
03-08-2015, 02:06 PM
I have explained why of all presidents, Ronnie is the greatest of all.

Set up

Measuring sticks
Numbers freed Ranks number 1
Eliminating threats to the USA ... number 1
Making life better for Americans number 1
Restoring America to great feelings, improved security and power globally number 1

This is a short version of a much longer explanation

You forgot the true number one metric. His administration had more indictments, investigations and convictions than any other in our history. That's a hard, demonstrable fact. Yours, however, are you opinions.

Bob
03-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Reagan created the term trickle down and he created over a trillion dollar debt in 1982 dollars

He did not. Let's end this mud slinging on our greatest president.

Why bad mouth Reagan when you lived during a massive run up of over 8 trillion dollars in just 6 years?

Work over Obama. HE is the king of debt.

domer76
03-08-2015, 02:09 PM
And Democrats wonder why they are not liked.
Shucks, Bobbie. Did I hurt your feelings in the post to another?

Bob
03-08-2015, 02:09 PM
You forgot the true number one metric. His administration had more indictments, investigations and convictions than any other in our history. That's a hard, demonstrable fact. Yours, however, are you opinions.

Actually that is one more myth.

Even Oliver North was not put in jail.

Bob
03-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Shucks, Bobbie. Did I hurt your feelings in the post to another?

No. i was once just as loyal to Democrats as you are today. I learned my lesson.

domer76
03-08-2015, 02:11 PM
Actually that is one more myth.

Even Oliver North was not put in jail.

Look it up, pal. If my memory serves me, something like 139 seems to be the number

Bob
03-08-2015, 02:12 PM
Look it up, pal. If my memory serves me, something like 139 seems to be the number

I have books on this pal. I know the truth. This is just one more Democrat lie. They get to that number by including those never convicted.

domer76
03-08-2015, 02:21 PM
He did not. Let's end this mud slinging on our greatest president.

Why bad mouth Reagan when you lived during a massive run up of over 8 trillion dollars in just 6 years?

Work over Obama. HE is the king of debt.

I always have to laugh at those who will call someone like Reagan the greatest or Obama the worst, when they really don't know shit about Presidential history. Just a demonstration of their ignorance is all.

Bob
03-08-2015, 02:27 PM
I always have to laugh at those who will call someone like Reagan the greatest or Obama the worst, when they really don't know shit about Presidential history. Just a demonstration of their ignorance is all.

Well, that is not describing me. But I know just what you mean since you don't get it why Reagan was the best of all.

Would I call Obama the worst?

Well, he ranks in the top 3 of the worst.

Redrose
03-08-2015, 02:33 PM
Just watch

I don't which one is dumber, Obama, or the fools who elected him.

MisterVeritis
03-08-2015, 02:37 PM
You are really one delusionally $#@!ed up individual.

Actually, I am fine.

You are the one who believes the president is your daddy. Just remember, if he had a son his son would look like a dead, black thug.

Bob
03-08-2015, 02:45 PM
I don't which one is dumber, Obama, or the fools who elected him.

i am for equal treatment of both. Redrose

Bo-4
03-08-2015, 03:26 PM
How many times do I have to say it. The $480B is a b.s. number. They cooked the books.

Oh i understand that O-haters think that US Treasury, BLS and CBO numbers are all cooked under Obama. Funny how you never had any problem with them under Bush2. ;-)

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 03:44 PM
Oh i understand that O-haters think that US Treasury, BLS and CBO numbers are all cooked under Obama. Funny how you never had any problem with them under Bush2. ;-)

They shifted obligations from FY 2014 to 2015. If it happened in the past that would be wrong as well.

And I left the GOP because Bush and the GOP were spending like drunken democrats. So this is not partisan for me.

Redrose
03-08-2015, 03:47 PM

Who said we didn't?

domer76
03-08-2015, 04:18 PM
I have books on this pal. I know the truth. This is just one more Democrat lie. They get to that number by including those never convicted.

You can Google "Reagan Administration Scandals". I can't copy the address from my phone. The number is "over 138".

Read it and weep for the good ol' days, Roberto.

domer76
03-08-2015, 04:23 PM
Well, that is not describing me. But I know just what you mean since you don't get it why Reagan was the best of all.

Except that Presidential historians put Reagan as an OK President. Certainly nowhere near your laughable best rating. That's where you wear your partisan blindness on your sleeve. Obama? No. No historian worth a shit (that would include you) can adequately rank a Prez before he's done. Just you and your popularity poll du jour might, but that doesn't mesn shit either.

Redrose
03-08-2015, 04:26 PM
You can Google "Reagan Administration Scandals". I can't copy the address from my phone. The number is "over 138".

...and still better than the crap we're dealing with today. We should aim to be better, not keep getting worse because of past failures. We really lowered the bar with Obama. What's next for the lib crowd, President Al Sharpton and VP Jerimiah Wright? Lets really scrape the bottom of the barrel.

domer76
03-08-2015, 04:38 PM
...and still better than the crap we're dealing with today. We should aim to be better, not keep getting worse because of past failures. We really lowered the bar with Obama. What's next for the lib crowd, President Al Sharpton and VP Jerimiah Wright? Lets really scrape the bottom of the barrel.

No, no better. That's the record and it's gonna stand for quite awhile. I know you and the Bobster can't stand the thought, but them there's the numbers. Don't like 'em? Send your cry baby letters to those people, not me.

Bo-4
03-08-2015, 05:46 PM
They shifted obligations from FY 2014 to 2015. If it happened in the past that would be wrong as well.

And I left the GOP because Bush and the GOP were spending like drunken democrats. So this is not partisan for me.

Actually Peter, it IS pretty much a partisan thing for you. You hate Obama.

And absolutely no MATTER the number of positive economic indicators thar be.. you WILL find a spin.

Can't everyone just fucking APPLAUD positive economic news?

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Reagan didn't let his egg heads use the "seasonally adjusted" employment numbers. Because they are spin. He said just tell the people the truth.

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 05:48 PM

And absolutely no MATTER the number of positive economic indicators thar be.. you WILL find a spin.

Can't everyone just fucking APPLAUD positive economic news?

I hate both the Dems and the GOP. They are both corrupt.

Is that still partisan?

Peter1469
03-08-2015, 05:50 PM
The economy is not recovering. Forget Obama.

We have not fixed the fundamental structural flaws that caused the last crash. We have increased debt rather than lower it (except for private debt- which is good). We have increased leverage to dangerous levels. This economy is not recovering, it is heading into a major crash.

MisterVeritis
03-08-2015, 06:12 PM

Can't everyone just $#@!ing APPLAUD positive economic news?
I will be happy to as soon as we have good news. Below average performance does not deserve applause.

domer76
03-08-2015, 07:18 PM
Reagan didn't let his egg heads use the "seasonally adjusted" employment numbers. Because they are spin. He said just tell the people the truth.

He sent Stockman out to parade his bullshit. Today, Stockman is embarrassed by it.

Reagan padded his speeches with all kinds of lies. He really didn't give a shit if his anecdotes were true as long as it delivered the message he wanted. That's no big deal to me. The pols do that all the time.

But don't piss on my leg with all the Reagan greatness bullshit then tell me it's raining. He wasn't that great and the good 'ol days weren't as good as you want or remember.

Common
03-08-2015, 07:23 PM
He sent Stockman out to parade his bullshit. Today, Stockman is embarrassed by it.

Reagan padded his speeches with all kinds of lies. He really didn't give a shit if his anecdotes were true as long as it delivered the message he wanted. That's no big deal to me. The pols do that all the time.

But don't piss on my leg with all the Reagan greatness bullshit then tell me it's raining. He wasn't that great and the good 'ol days weren't as good as you want or remember.

Reagan was a classic confidence man and he got away with it because of charisma and the ability to make people like him. Once they like you, you can bullshit them relentlessly and it takes forever for them to figure it out

Reagan had me bullshitted for 8 yrs.

Bob
03-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Except that Presidential historians put Reagan as an OK President. Certainly nowhere near your laughable best rating. That's where you wear your partisan blindness on your sleeve. Obama? No. No historian worth a shit (that would include you) can adequately rank a Prez before he's done. Just you and your popularity poll du jour might, but that doesn't mesn shit either.

I realize Obama is too early to rank by professional historians but still I gave it my best educated guess.

I rank Reagan the very best for a myriad of reasons.

World matters
Though it is denied by Democrats, the pure fact is he forced the Soviets hand to the point they imploded. Gorbachev for one gives Reagan the most credit. Maybe to you Gorbachev simply blundered, but I assure SSI was fatal to Gorbachev.

But more than that, Reagan actually took his case into the Soviet union where he talked to many students there. It won them over.

Reagan freed millions of humans. There are statues to Reagan in a number of the former Soviet union countries. Not without good reason.

Even inside the USA, check out the Reagan building not far from the major museums in DC. Check out the Reagan airport as well. You won't find a Clinton building but who knows.

Reagan took over a nation really mired in malaise. Carter could not solve it. Reagan did.

He was your president too so be proud of him.

Bob
03-08-2015, 07:59 PM

Well, just as you hate to put the Lerner scandal or the Hillary scandal on Obama's back, forgive me if I simply tell you the truth.

When you dig into all those so called scandals, you find that even the worst scandal did not involve Reagan.

Captain Obvious
03-08-2015, 08:01 PM

Wow... and because it's on the interwebs means that it's 100% true, accurate and without bias.

Awesome!

Bob
03-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Wow... and because it's on the interwebs means that it's 100% true, accurate and without bias.

Awesome!

This clown is not aware that I happen to have several of the best books on the Reagan administration.

I include the best if you want to know the true facts of all those ... ahem , scandals.

http://www.amazon.com/Reagan-The-Man-His-Presidency/dp/0395771935

Captain Obvious
03-08-2015, 08:07 PM
This clown is not aware that I happen to have several of the best books on the Reagan administration.

I include the best if you want to know the true facts of all those ... ahem , scandals.

http://www.amazon.com/Reagan-The-Man-His-Presidency/dp/0395771935

What does any of this prove?

Loaded question.

Bob
03-08-2015, 08:12 PM
What it proves is this

A great summary of the President by those who knew him best (http://www.amazon.com/review/R1WH3Y18H4KQ6/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=0395771935&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=283155&store=books)
By A Customer on October 24, 1998
Format: HardcoverOutstanding review of the President by those who knew him best. Detailed interviews with members of the cabinet, advisors and family members. The interviews are broken down into categories (such as Alexander Haig, Domestic policy, etc.) and it is fascinating to hear what those closest to the situation had to say. For Reagan fans, it will confirm his position as the greatest leader of the 20th Century (although it is not biased in any way).

And this

By Lou (http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A27L5AX6VB01CZ/ref=cm_cr_dp_pdp) on October 10, 2000
Format: Hardcover
Do you REALLY want to know about the Reagan presidency? Then read this book. No fluff, no guff. Just verbatim testimonials from dozens of prominent figures of the Reagan era. Ignore the imbecilic prattle of the anti-Reagan Marxists who despised the man. One helpful hint: take some notes. The authors and editors give the job titles of the interviewee only when they are first introduced. Later in the book it is impossible to remember everones's job titles, and you'll be turning back to earlier text. This is the only reason I docked it a star.

domer76
03-08-2015, 08:27 PM

Historians don't place Reagan even close as the best in the second half of the 20th century, much less the best ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_St ates

Bob
03-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Historians don't place Reagan even close as the best in the second half of the 20th century, much less the best ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Presidents_of_the_United_St ates

This might shock you, but it is my learned belief that the majority of historians simply are of the left wing persuasion.

Hope that does not surprise you.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/24/republican-presidents-lag-in-historical-rankings/?page=all

By David Eldridge (http://www.washingtontimes.com/staff/david-eldridge/) - The Washington Times - Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Call it history’s conservative curse.
According to a University of Miami (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/university-of-miami/) study, those historical rankings of American presidents that pop up every year or so are significantly weighted in favor of Democrats, thanks to the liberal leanings of academia.
Political science professor Joseph E. Uscinski (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/joseph-e-uscinski/), one of the study’s authors, said the new analysis shows that the overwhelmingly liberal academic community consistently ranks Republican presidents about 10 spots lower than the public would.
“I don’t think anyone is surprised,” Mr. Uscinski (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/joseph-e-uscinski/) told The Washington Times. “Among the political scientists and historians that I work with, Democrats outnumber Republicans 8 to 1.”
What was eye-opening, he said, was the stark difference between the historians’ assessments of Republicans and the grades given by the public.
“On average, all the Republicans get the short end of the stick,” he said. “But the one it impacts the most is [Ronald] Reagan (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/ronald-reagan/). It’s often difficult for people to fathom why he’s ranked as low as he is.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/24/republican-presidents-lag-in-historical-rankings/#ixzz3Tqdvu9fp
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=ctd-fI3Dar4z1uacwqm_6r&u=washtimes)

domer76
03-08-2015, 08:35 PM
I realize Obama is too early to rank by professional historians but still I gave it my best educated guess.

I rank Reagan the very best for a myriad of reasons.

World matters
Though it is denied by Democrats, the pure fact is he forced the Soviets hand to the point they imploded. Gorbachev for one gives Reagan the most credit. Maybe to you Gorbachev simply blundered, but I assure SSI was fatal to Gorbachev.

But more than that, Reagan actually took his case into the Soviet union where he talked to many students there. It won them over.

Reagan freed millions of humans. There are statues to Reagan in a number of the former Soviet union countries. Not without good reason.

Even inside the USA, check out the Reagan building not far from the major museums in DC. Check out the Reagan airport as well. You won't find a Clinton building but who knows.

Reagan took over a nation really mired in malaise. Carter could not solve it. Reagan did.

He was your president too so be proud of him.

Reagan Airport? Last time I was through there, it was a piece of shit. Appropriately named?

Don't get me wrong, I liked Ronnie. He made people feel good by bullshitting them. He had a talent that way. But the best President ever? Really, Bob?

domer76
03-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Well, just as you hate to put the Lerner scandal or the Hillary scandal on Obama's back, forgive me if I simply tell you the truth.

When you dig into all those so called scandals, you find that even the worst scandal did not involve Reagan.

That's because he was in the other room. Asleep.

Bob
03-08-2015, 08:36 PM
Reagan Airport? Last time I was through there, it was a piece of shit. Appropriately named?

Don't get me wrong, I liked Ronnie. He made people feel good by bullshitting them. He had a talent that way. But the best President ever? Really, Bob?

Honest injun.

domer76
03-08-2015, 08:37 PM

Awesome!

Then dispute them with your own sources if you think they are inaccurate.

Bob
03-08-2015, 08:39 PM
That's because he was in the other room. Asleep.

Maybe in your world Obama does not sleep.

It is a known fact that Reagan really was in charge and laid out his case and expected the staff to do their job. Now shut it down before I have to smack you. :argue::terribletowel: