PDA

View Full Version : Russia Said to Be Endorsing the Removal of Assad......

MMC
06-28-2012, 03:57 AM
Russia has endorsed a detailed United Nations (http://topics.bloomberg.com/united-nations/) road map for a political transition in Syria (http://topics.bloomberg.com/syria/), a sign that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has lost the support of a key ally, according to three United Nations diplomats.

The Annan document, which was reviewed by Bloomberg News, says a transitional government may include members of Assad’s government and opposition and other groups, although not “those whose continued presence and participation would undermine the credibility of the transition and jeopardize stability and reconciliation.”

According to a U.S. official, who was briefed on Annan’s plan, representatives of both the regime and the opposition could veto proposed members of a national unity government. He asked not to be identified in order to discuss the negotiations.

Russia has realized that Assad is losing the battle to preserve his grip on power, the UN officials said, and now the government of President Vladimir Putin (http://topics.bloomberg.com/vladimir-putin/) is seeking a leading role in paving a smooth exit for a longtime Soviet and Russian client and arms customer.

With Syria’s future is at stake, the most conspicuous absence in Geneva will be that of Syria itself.....snip~

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-27/russia-said-to-endorse-replacing-assad-in-turn-from-ally.html
Jun 27, 2012 6:38 PM CT<<<<< More Here, Way More.

Game over.....If Russia is siding with the UN then it is over for Assad. Although, this time round. Putin is going to make sure that none kill him like they did Gadhafi. Moreover Russia is firm on that whatever Government Transitional and going forward will still keep some of Assads people in that government.

Although Hillary wants to adopt Annan's so called Road Map. Yet the Russians say Annan has't even been able to bring them all to the table. Right away Clinton was quick to push Annan's plan and saying all should decided to work things out from there. Then to top it off she made sure Iran would not be including in the talks on the 30th. So then Russia stated the Saud cannot be involved. Still they let the Qataris in. Why should they be involved.

Message to the Qatarians.....STFU and take that azz Back to herding them goats. No Need to let the Weakest link have any say. Not your country so stay out of others affairs. Otherwise.....your next!

Carygrant
06-28-2012, 04:29 AM
No more fighting sounds good and I always wondered if it would lead to division or even a tripartite split .
But they never work imo .
Sunni and Shiite will never rest until one of them is decimated . And that immediately brings back the big power groups that are presently lurking .
This sounds more like the possibility of an extended Time Out which will morph into a Balkans type ending .

moon
06-28-2012, 04:33 AM
*Sunni and Shiite will never rest until one of them is decimated . .

No, they are brothers. *When it comes down to it they will oppose the common enemy. *Their current misfortunes are largely due to their common enemy.*

MMC
06-28-2012, 04:46 AM
No more fighting sounds good and I always wondered if it would lead to division or even a tripartite split. But they never work imo .
Sunni and Shiite will never rest until one of them is decimated . And that immediately brings back the big power groups that are presently lurking .
This sounds more like the possibility of an extended Time Out which will morph into a Balkans type ending .

Yes.....I would point to the Iraq debachle and how that is all playing out now. Well they also say that Syria and the Rebels still can veto this Clinton Plan fronted by Annan.

Carygrant
06-28-2012, 04:51 AM
No, they are brothers. *When it comes down to it they will oppose the common enemy. *Their current misfortunes are largely due to their common enemy.*

Weren't Cain and Abel related ?

MMC
06-28-2012, 04:57 AM

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I5047257205375730&pid=1.7&w=244&h=155&c=7&rs=1

Yes they were, and so was Romulus and Remus. :wink:

moon
06-28-2012, 07:42 AM

Fairly tales for the christian indoctrination of small children.*

Thus, Cain was the first human born, and Abel the first to die.

*I believe that the Qur'an makes a satirical reference.

moon
06-28-2012, 07:44 AM
http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I5047257205375730&pid=1.7&w=244&h=155&c=7&rs=1

Yes they were, and so was Romulus and Remus. :wink:

Shia and Sunni are not twins. * Nice piece of casting though.*

MMC
06-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Fairly tales for the christian indoctrination of small children.*

*I believe that the Qur'an makes a satirical reference.

Right.....like the fairy tales of the Arabs to the Sumerians and Ubaiadians that were there long before the goat herders strolled in from the desert.

I believe the Sumerican Codex references such migration in detail.

moon
06-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Right.....like the fairy tales of the Arabs to the Sumerians and Ubaiadians that were there long before the goat herders strolled in from the desert.

I believe the Sumerican Codex references such migration in detail.

And their mention of Cain and Abel ? *

MMC
06-28-2012, 10:14 AM
And their mention of Cain and Abel ? *

Don't know about what it says about Cain and Abel. But we do know that is does reference Enoch as being taught to write. Can you explain why the Sumerians and the Ubaidians didn't note anything special about any other people in that region(except for the Hebrews) until the Assyrians come along?

Also do you think the Qatarians should be making any decisions about Syria?

Now that Russians have decided to switch hit with Assad.....do you think Rosneft/Exxon/BP of the KGB spoke up and told Putin time to side with the Americans?

RollingWave
06-28-2012, 09:40 PM
or maybe they just want someone in Syria that the Russian tanks won't crush in 10 days so Assad needs more ;)

Peter1469
06-28-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't buy it. Other than their Med port, they could care less about Syria. But they do want the US distracted. And another useless ME war would do just that.