PDA

View Full Version : Green Arrow 2016

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 03:54 AM
Since there's a good chance either Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton (or both) will be the nominees of their respective parties for the 2016 Presidential election, I've decided to throw my hat in the ring as the "Other" option. This thread shall be my platform.

Social Welfare:

As President, I will gather all 50 state governors and the leaders of every state's legislative branches, sit them all down in a big room, and discuss implementing a state-by-state social welfare system, to eventually replace the current bloated federal system. Each state would get a portion of the money currently spent on the federal system to help bolster their own systems. This method would allow the nation to operate under essentially one welfare system, but have it individually administered by each state, and also allow the states to tweak the system to fit their population. One-size-fits-all solutions simply don't work, so allowing state governments to figure out what helps their citizens the best, is the best solution. The baseline plan would be as follows:

- Hire one social worker for every ten welfare recipients. The job of the social worker will be to make sure their ten recipients meet the qualifications for receiving welfare, as well as monitoring the home life of the recipients and helping them to get whatever they need to advance on the social ladder. If they need a job, the social worker will help them find a job. If they need a better job, the social worker will help them find a better job. If they need to get into school for a certain field, the social worker will help them get into school. So on and so forth.
- In order to receive benefits, you must apply for at least seven jobs a week, one for each day, and continuously follow up on every job you apply for. If you need assistance, contact your social worker. If you do not meet the seven-a-week criteria, your benefits will be docked until you do. Continued failure to meet the requirement will result in you being stripped of benefits until you can supply proof of seven job applications.
- If an unemployed benefits recipient finds a job, their benefits will be reduced. That way, they are still receiving the help they need, but they are given incentive to keep the job and pursue better opportunities.
- Employed welfare recipients should only be receiving foodstamps.
- Expand medicare for all Americans to solve the problem of health insurance.

Education:

As President, I want to return the United States to the prosperous period that was the post-World War II decades. Employment was up, productivity was up, our education levels were up, wages were up. One of the keys to this prosperity was a large number of Americans getting quality college degrees and then entering the workforce armed with those degrees. To get there again, these are the things we need to do:

Pre-College Education:

- No more "well-rounded education" nonsense, because that's all it is: nonsense. Until a student reaches the seventh grade, they should absolutely be given a well-rounded education. Once they reach the seventh grade, however, it's time to start preparing them for whatever it is they plan to do with their lives. If the child consistently scores low in math, they are most likely not going to be an engineer or mathematician, so there's no further purpose in making them take math for the rest of their life, particularly when that essentially useless class time can be utilized to further strengthen them in the areas they score strongly in. Thus, seventh and eighth grades are the time to figure out from their past scores where they need to be. Once high school starts, they will only take the classes that further whatever their end goal is.
- Extra class time granted by eliminating the courses students don't need to take will be made up in classes that teach students how to be functioning adults. This is where they will be taught lessons like how to balance a checkbook and pay their taxes, lessons you likely won't find in any school in the country. Job training classes can also go in here.
- No more grouping 40 students to one teacher. It's not just a nightmare for the teachers, it also impedes the learning of the students. Class sizes should be a maximum of 15 students.
- No more grouping fast learners with slow learners. We separate special ed kids from the general population, why not further separate the classes? The problem with the current system is kids who learn faster and better are stuck dealing with lessons geared toward the slower, or at least lessons that are in the middle. The result is they don't feel challenged enough and just stop paying attention. Conversely, the slower learners end up having to learn at a pace that is too fast for them to follow, which just leaves them behind. Slower learners should be in classes with fellow slower learners, and faster learners should be in classes with other fast learners.
- Block scheduling is the best scheduling out there. It gives teachers more time to teach their lessons, and also allows for homework to be done in the classroom. Studies show that homework either totally helps learning or doesn't help learning at all. The fact that there is no clear consensus on the issue among experts should be a conclusion in and of itself. If homework aided learning, that should be the clear conclusion. It isn't, so we must conclude that if it has any effect on learning at all, the effect is minimal. It's a ridiculous proposition, anyway. We keep kids in school for eight hours a day, then expect them to go home and do more school at home when they should be spending time with their families.

College Education:

- Two years free community college and trade schools, period. Particularly the trade schools. The more Americans know a trade, the better off we are. This should be a non-partisan proposal: Tennessee started it, a state controlled by a GOP supermajority. President Obama and Congressional Democrats also advocated the proposal after the Tennessee model went into effect.

Abortion:

My platform on abortion is simple: I am personally pro-life. I believe abortion is an archaic and barbaric practice. However, I do not believe it is the responsibility of government to legislate against it, so I won't take any action for or against abortion.

Gay Marriage:

Just like abortion, my platform on this issue is simple: I personally support gay marriage, but I don't believe the government has any responsibility to legislate for or against it. Frankly, I'd just as sooner see government legislation involving any type of marriage, gay or straight, completely eliminated, along with all the federal benefits that come with it. Marriage is between two people (or more, I don't judge) and their god (or lack thereof). No government should be involved in any capacity.

Immigration:

- Cease all immigration for ten years. Close down all unnecessary foreign military bases and station those troops on our northern and southern borders to stop the flow of illegal immigration. After the ten years are up, we will examine the state of our nation. If we don't have a balanced budget and a manageable debt and deficit, the border stays closed for another ten years. On and on until we fix our problems at home.
- All illegal immigrants that are not accused or guilty of violent crime will be given a pathway to citizenship. It's frankly impossible to deport them all and it screams of fascist states like Nazi Germany to pull people out of their homes and load them into buses and cattle cars just because they crossed the border without the proper papers.
- That said, all those accused or guilty of violent crime will be deported. Those who are not accused or guilty of violent crime but refuse to work and pay taxes will also be deported.

Drugs:

- All drugs will be legal. The act of doing a drug will not be a crime, but if you are caught committing a crime while under the influence of a drug, you will be punished to the full extent of the law, same as if you committed a crime not under the influence. That's the extent of the government's business in drugs.

Foreign Policy:

- End all foreign aid. Friendly countries may be allowed to re-apply for federal aid, but it will cost them. No more free money. It hurts us and does not advance our interests. How do we benefit from giving money to both sides of a conflict, like Israel and Palestine? The answer is we do not benefit.
- I fully support President Obama's plan to normalize our relationship with Cuba. Frankly, continuing a 50-year old policy that didn't accomplish anything is foolish.
- The United Nations has frankly failed its stated purpose. There's no further need for us to continue our relationship with the organization and it should move its headquarters to neutral territory. That last bit should be done even if we stay members of the UN.
- Talk to top military leaders to create and implement a complete and total withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Afghanistan.
- Support the nations of the Middle East in the fight against ISIL, but only get involved in a support-only role. This is their fight, they need to learn to stand on their own.
- Normalize relations with Russia. There's no logical reason why we need to be enemies.
- Israel and Palestine: Any further aid to Israel will be conditional on their peace process with the Palestinians. No peace, no aid. To EITHER side.
- Cut waste from the military budget and beef up the budget of the Peace Corps. Refocus our mission from one of force to one of diplomacy. There is absolutely no reason why we should constantly have to use our military and the destructive force of economic sanctions to force countries to do our bidding. We are a superpower, we have the power to be a nation of peace rather than a nation of war.

Running Mate:

My Vice President will be Hal Jordan, who will give his platform when he gets this mention.

I will take your questions now. If you don't see an issue you want to know my platform on above, feel free to ask. If you want clarification of an above mentioned idea, I'll answer that too.

Turds in the punch bowl will be ignored.

Common
03-11-2015, 04:00 AM
Sorry wont vote for you:)

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 04:02 AM
Sorry wont vote for you:)

Why not?

Common
03-11-2015, 04:05 AM
More than a couple but ill mention one, All drugs being legal. Also I dont trust states as much as you.

I dont think people should be treated different state by state.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 04:06 AM
More than a couple but ill mention one, All drugs being legal.

Fair enough. What else?

Redrose
03-11-2015, 04:07 AM
Since there's a good chance either Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton (or both) will be the nominees of their respective parties for the 2016 Presidential election, I've decided to throw my hat in the ring as the "Other" option. This thread shall be my platform.

Social Welfare:

As President, I will gather all 50 state governors and the leaders of every state's legislative branches, sit them all down in a big room, and discuss implementing a state-by-state social welfare system, to eventually replace the current bloated federal system. Each state would get a portion of the money currently spent on the federal system to help bolster their own systems. This method would allow the nation to operate under essentially one welfare system, but have it individually administered by each state, and also allow the states to tweak the system to fit their population. One-size-fits-all solutions simply don't work, so allowing state governments to figure out what helps their citizens the best, is the best solution. The baseline plan would be as follows:

- Hire one social worker for every ten welfare recipients. The job of the social worker will be to make sure their ten recipients meet the qualifications for receiving welfare, as well as monitoring the home life of the recipients and helping them to get whatever they need to advance on the social ladder. If they need a job, the social worker will help them find a job. If they need a better job, the social worker will help them find a better job. If they need to get into school for a certain field, the social worker will help them get into school. So on and so forth.
- In order to receive benefits, you must apply for at least seven jobs a week, one for each day, and continuously follow up on every job you apply for. If you need assistance, contact your social worker. If you do not meet the seven-a-week criteria, your benefits will be docked until you do. Continued failure to meet the requirement will result in you being stripped of benefits until you can supply proof of seven job applications.
- If an unemployed benefits recipient finds a job, their benefits will be reduced. That way, they are still receiving the help they need, but they are given incentive to keep the job and pursue better opportunities.

Education:

As President, I want to return the United States to the prosperous period that was the post-World War II decades. Employment was up, productivity was up, our education levels were up, wages were up. One of the keys to this prosperity was a large number of Americans getting quality college degrees and then entering the workforce armed with those degrees. To get there again, these are the things we need to do:

Pre-College Education:

- No more "well-rounded education" nonsense, because that's all it is: nonsense. Until a student reaches the seventh grade, they should absolutely be given a well-rounded education. Once they reach the seventh grade, however, it's time to start preparing them for whatever it is they plan to do with their lives. If the child consistently scores low in math, they are most likely not going to be an engineer or mathematician, so there's no further purpose in making them take math for the rest of their life, particularly when that essentially useless class time can be utilized to further strengthen them in the areas they score strongly in. Thus, seventh and eighth grades are the time to figure out from their past scores where they need to be. Once high school starts, they will only take the classes that further whatever their end goal is.
- Extra class time granted by eliminating the courses students don't need to take will be made up in classes that teach students how to be functioning adults. This is where they will be taught lessons like how to balance a checkbook and pay their taxes, lessons you likely won't find in any school in the country. Job training classes can also go in here.
- No more grouping 40 students to one teacher. It's not just a nightmare for the teachers, it also impedes the learning of the students. Class sizes should be a maximum of 15 students.
- No more grouping fast learners with slow learners. We separate special ed kids from the general population, why not further separate the classes? The problem with the current system is kids who learn faster and better are stuck dealing with lessons geared toward the slower, or at least lessons that are in the middle. The result is they don't feel challenged enough and just stop paying attention. Conversely, the slower learners end up having to learn at a pace that is too fast for them to follow, which just leaves them behind. Slower learners should be in classes with fellow slower learners, and faster learners should be in classes with other fast learners.
- Block scheduling is the best scheduling out there. It gives teachers more time to teach their lessons, and also allows for homework to be done in the classroom. Studies show that homework either totally helps learning or doesn't help learning at all. The fact that there is no clear consensus on the issue among experts should be a conclusion in and of itself. If homework aided learning, that should be the clear conclusion. It isn't, so we must conclude that if it has any effect on learning at all, the effect is minimal. It's a ridiculous proposition, anyway. We keep kids in school for eight hours a day, then expect them to go home and do more school at home when they should be spending time with their families.

College Education:

- Two years free community college and trade schools, period. Particularly the trade schools. The more Americans know a trade, the better off we are. This should be a non-partisan proposal: Tennessee started it, a state controlled by a GOP supermajority. President Obama and Congressional Democrats also advocated the proposal after the Tennessee model went into effect.

Abortion:

My platform on abortion is simple: I am personally pro-life. I believe abortion is an archaic and barbaric practice. However, I do not believe it is the responsibility of government to legislate against it, so I won't take any action for or against abortion.

Gay Marriage:

Just like abortion, my platform on this issue is simple: I personally support gay marriage, but I don't believe the government has any responsibility to legislate for or against it. Frankly, I'd just as sooner see government legislation involving any type of marriage, gay or straight, completely eliminated, along with all the federal benefits that come with it. Marriage is between two people (or more, I don't judge) and their god (or lack thereof). No government should be involved in any capacity.

Immigration:

- Cease all immigration for ten years. Close down all unnecessary foreign military bases and station those troops on our northern and southern borders to stop the flow of illegal immigration. After the ten years are up, we will examine the state of our nation. If we don't have a balanced budget and a manageable debt and deficit, the border stays closed for another ten years. On and on until we fix our problems at home.
- All illegal immigrants that are not accused or guilty of violent crime will be given a pathway to citizenship. It's frankly impossible to deport them all and it screams of fascist states like Nazi Germany to pull people out of their homes and load them into buses and cattle cars just because they crossed the border without the proper papers.
- That said, all those accused or guilty of violent crime will be deported. Those who are not accused or guilty of violent crime but refuse to work and pay taxes will also be deported.

Drugs:

- All drugs will be legal. The act of doing a drug will not be a crime, but if you are caught committing a crime while under the influence of a drug, you will be punished to the full extent of the law, same as if you committed a crime not under the influence. That's the extent of the government's business in drugs.

Foreign Policy:

- End all foreign aid. Friendly countries may be allowed to re-apply for federal aid, but it will cost them. No more free money. It hurts us and does not advance our interests. How do we benefit from giving money to both sides of a conflict, like Israel and Palestine? The answer is we do not benefit.
- I fully support President Obama's plan to normalize our relationship with Cuba. Frankly, continuing a 50-year old policy that didn't accomplish anything is foolish.
- The United Nations has frankly failed its stated purpose. There's no further need for us to continue our relationship with the organization and it should move its headquarters to neutral territory. That last bit should be done even if we stay members of the UN.
- Talk to top military leaders to create and implement a complete and total withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Afghanistan.
- Support the nations of the Middle East in the fight against ISIL, but only get involved in a support-only role. This is their fight, they need to learn to stand on their own.
- Normalize relations with Russia. There's no logical reason why we need to be enemies.
- Israel and Palestine: Any further aid to Israel will be conditional on their peace process with the Palestinians. No peace, no aid. To EITHER side.
- Cut waste from the military budget and beef up the budget of the Peace Corps. Refocus our mission from one of force to one of diplomacy. There is absolutely no reason why we should constantly have to use our military and the destructive force of economic sanctions to force countries to do our bidding. We are a superpower, we have the power to be a nation of peace rather than a nation of war.

Running Mate:

My Vice President will be @Hal Jordan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=994), who will give his platform when he gets this mention.

I will take your questions now. If you don't see an issue you want to know my platform on above, feel free to ask. If you want clarification of an above mentioned idea, I'll answer that too.

You're not old enough. Sorry.

Common
03-11-2015, 04:10 AM
I added to my other post I guess you didnt see it, I dont trust states as much as you obviously do.
One state shouldn treat its poor or needy different than another.

I disagree with you marriage stance and I dont know your running mate yet.

I do like your stance on abortion and I especially like your Foriegn Policy.
Your education thing im not sure I fully underdstand.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 04:11 AM

Who cares about the rules anymore? We elected a Kenyan, why not a 23 year old? :tongue:

iustitia
03-11-2015, 04:13 AM
Far superior to the one-party system now.

Common
03-11-2015, 04:14 AM

I didnt consider his age, actually I thought Green Arrow was in his early 30s. Shows how much I know :)

I would certainly vote for a young person if they had their head screwed on right and I agreed with what they wanted to do. Why not rose ? How many older AHs have we voted for lol

Captain Obvious
03-11-2015, 06:14 AM
With this kangaroo Congress your platform is already sunk.

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 06:35 AM
Now that you are a public person you are no longer protected by the rules of the board that shield lib members of the management posse from personal criticism.

You get the same treatment as Obama, Clinton, Palin or Scott Walker.

as for policy you are correct on one or two but securely in lib la la land on the rest.

you'll have difficulty raising campaign donations even among the wacko 3 percenters here.

Chris
03-11-2015, 08:45 AM
I wouldn't vote an anarchist into office. Why? It's antithetical to anarchism, well, libertarian anarchism, not authoritarian anarchism.

zelmo1234
03-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Hell I will vote for that. Returning the power to the states is exactly what is needed.

I would like a few more things added that you have overlooked like if you are addicted to drugs and it effects your job you can be fired and you don't receive assistance other than drug recovery until you have your addiction beat

what many are missing is in the 50 state solutions, you can vote with your feet. If you do not like the policies of one state??? Move!

As for your foreign policy, what we have been doing is not working? willing to try something else.

So you are a much better choice than Jeb or Hilary in my opinion

Cigar
03-11-2015, 09:10 AM
I want to be Your Secretary of Entertainment:

I'll arrange bringing Fun back into the Presidency

First, I want and Office, not only outside of the White House, but no where near Washington DC; let's say ... Napa Valley or Vegas

Second; don't ever call me without an appointment, because I'm busy crating Fun for you

Third, be respectful of my office hours ... I'll get back to on what those are

Last, I just want a two year term, no salary, just a pension :grin:

Ravens Fan
03-11-2015, 09:48 AM
- I would argue for only 5 job applications per week, due to the fact that most people with one job do not work 7 days per week. Also, right now finding 7 jobs per week that someone is both qualified for, and that fits their needs could be a stretch. It is one thing to have to apply for the jobs, but your proposal centers around the follow through, which is pointless if the job is not going to help the situation.

- I really like the basis for your pre-college education plan, but I think that for 2 years of free college or trade school the individual must meet certain requirements while in high school. Maybe a 2.5-3.0 GPA should be required throughout the last 2 years of high school, then continued while on the program. That could avoid wasting money on those who don't care about their education.

- The rest I can totally agree with, you would have my vote, depending on Hal's platform of course.

Common
03-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Now that you are a public person you are no longer protected by the rules of the board that shield lib members of the management posse from personal criticism.

You get the same treatment as Obama, Clinton, Palin or Scott Walker.

as for policy you are correct on one or two but securely in lib la la land on the rest.

you'll have difficulty raising campaign donations even among the wacko 3 percenters here.

Ok its time to sing to you again Maccy

ole mc macy had a farm EEE III EEE III OOO and on this farm he had alot of teatards EEE III EEE III OOO with a teatard here and a teatard there here a tard there a tard everywhere right wing tards EEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIII EEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIII OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chris
03-11-2015, 10:23 AM
Ok its time to sing to you again Maccy

ole mc macy had a farm EEE III EEE III OOO and on this farm he had alot of teatards EEE III EEE III OOO with a teatard here and a teatard there here a tard there a tard everywhere right wing tards EEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIII EEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIII OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Common, you should get together with Sage and form a duet!

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 10:40 AM
Common, you should get together with Sage and form a duet!

I would throw some spare change in their cup.

Guerilla
03-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Alright, I agree with basically your whole platform, and echo many of your same sentiments.

The fact that there is no clear consensus on the issue among experts should be a conclusion in and of itself.

Considering the inherent truth in your above statement, I think any government programs should be voluntary. Both participation as well as the taxation that goes with it.

As an American I am concerned about freedom of association. This means I pick my leaders and who I give my resources to ect. This is assuring minority rights are not overridden by the majority, which is a foundation of America, which means people should have the choice to be apart of large centralized programs that are meant for the nation, or not. I guess that applies to education and welfare in your post.

Better yet, maybe each candidate can put there program up, and there can be multiple federal programs for each candidate that got the most votes. People choose to participate in one of the programs and the taxes of it, or choose not to and get no benefits.

Common
03-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Alright, I agree with basically your whole platform, and echo many of your same sentiments.

Considering the inherent truth in your above statement, I think any government programs should be voluntary. Both participation as well as the taxation that goes with it.

As an American I am concerned about freedom of association. This means I pick my leaders and who I give my resources to ect. This is assuring minority rights are not overridden by the majority, which is a foundation of America, which means people should have the choice to be apart of large centralized programs that are meant for the nation, or not. I guess that applies to education and welfare in your post.

Better yet, maybe each candidate can put there program up, and there can be multiple federal programs for each candidate that got the most votes. People choose to participate in one of the programs and the taxes of it, or choose not to and get no benefits.

Wont work, common sense says people of means wont participate and people without means cant finance the program.

The purpose of programs is to help those that cant help themselves. Many people live in the lala land of their own small world and dont believe there are others that truly need help because they dont and they are never around it.

Bob
03-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Interesting how highly you think of yourself. Problem is, you are not constitutionally qualified.

Personally, were it me, I would have asked the forum what we think of those ideas. It will take me time to formulate comments on each position. But at least you put forth a very good effort.

Ransom
03-11-2015, 11:12 AM
Well we've had a Kenyan why not a Communist.

Guerilla
03-11-2015, 11:15 AM
Wont work, common sense says people of means wont participate and people without means cant finance the program.

The purpose of programs is to help those that cant help themselves. Many people live in the lala land of their own small world and dont believe there are others that truly need help because they dont and they are never around it.

Then the candidate who finds the best solution to that problem will win votes, and their idea will then be implemented the most. Just because there is a little problem doesn't mean you compromise your freedom, you say "fuck you problem!" then you work around it. Lack of creativity is no excuse.

There are probably infinite ways to organize.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Where is your Super PAC?

You know you're not legit without a Super PAC?

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 01:47 PM

Let's assume I was old enough and was a serious candidate.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Let's assume I was old enough and was a serious candidate.

If you were Older you'd think better than to get in the water with career professional sharks :laugh:

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 01:51 PM
I added to my other post I guess you didnt see it, I dont trust states as much as you obviously do.
One state shouldn treat its poor or needy different than another.

There's no choice in the matter. Each state has to treat their citizens different than another. You can't give the poor in Tennessee the same amount of welfare money as the poor in California. The cost of living is different and the price of everything is different. You base the money on Tennessee's cost of living, and you'll end up not giving Californians enough to live on. Base the money on California's cost of living, and you'll end up giving Tennesseans too much money. Shoot for the middle and you'll leave both not getting the help they need, which is why the system is broken now.

It's not a popular idea, but it absolutely has to be decentralized for it to work. As I said, there's still a baseline for each state to follow, but they have to tweak it to match their population.

Your education thing im not sure I fully underdstand.

Tell me what is unclear and I will explain.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 01:51 PM

Such as?

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 01:52 PM
- I would argue for only 5 job applications per week, due to the fact that most people with one job do not work 7 days per week. Also, right now finding 7 jobs per week that someone is both qualified for, and that fits their needs could be a stretch. It is one thing to have to apply for the jobs, but your proposal centers around the follow through, which is pointless if the job is not going to help the situation.

- I really like the basis for your pre-college education plan, but I think that for 2 years of free college or trade school the individual must meet certain requirements while in high school. Maybe a 2.5-3.0 GPA should be required throughout the last 2 years of high school, then continued while on the program. That could avoid wasting money on those who don't care about their education.

- The rest I can totally agree with, you would have my vote, depending on Hal's platform of course.

Both of your suggestions are fair and I agree to them.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 01:55 PM

I'm glad you brought that up, Guerilla, because it gives me an opportunity to explain one of my ideas for tax reform.

I want to establish a database that shows the current U.S. budget and how much of the budget is being allocated to which budgetary item. Every year when you file your taxes, you will also be given a form that allows you to specify which areas of the budget you want your tax money going to. This would ensure that only the programs Americans want are funded and it avoids making you pay for programs that you object to, morally or otherwise.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 01:55 PM
Well we've had a Kenyan why not a Communist.

I am not a communist.

nic34
03-11-2015, 02:13 PM

Social Welfare:

Education:

Pre-College Education:

College Education:

Abortion:

Gay Marriage:

Immigration:

Drugs:

Foreign Policy:

Running Mate:

My Vice President will be @Hal Jordan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=994), who will give his platform when he gets this mention.

You got MY vote.

Can I be the sec. of the interior? :wink:

Cigar
03-11-2015, 02:16 PM
You got MY vote.

Quid pro quo ... Congratulation you just contributed to his first Political Scandal :grin:

Redrose
03-11-2015, 02:17 PM
Who cares about the rules anymore? We elected a Kenyan, why not a 23 year old? :tongue:

Good point. Why not a Mormon either? Why not a female governor from Alaska? Why not a brain surgeon?

The Xl
03-11-2015, 02:24 PM
You'd be assassinated quite fast, lol

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 02:28 PM
You'd be assassinated quite fast, lol

I'm sure :tongue: Especially when they hear my position on the Federal Reserve :tongue:

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 02:29 PM
You got MY vote.

Sure :tongue:

I'll tap Peter1469 as Secretary of Defense.

The Xl
03-11-2015, 02:30 PM
I'm sure :tongue: Especially when they hear my position on the Federal Reserve :tongue:

Lel, I'd throw the whole system on its head, never mind the fed. I'd mysteriously catch ebola or something

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 02:32 PM

Social Welfare:

Education:

Pre-College Education:

College Education:

Abortion:

Gay Marriage:

Immigration:

Drugs:

Foreign Policy:

Running Mate:

My fellow Americans,

I'm not going to waste your time by repeating things that I fully agree with from Green Arrow's platform, instead focusing on points where the platforms differ, I have additions to make, or I feel some clarification of my position would be helpful.

Social Welfare:

I am pretty much in agreement with this, though I have an additional level. Part of the state funds would go toward more local welfare systems. Let's face it, different areas and different people have different needs. Adding the local level would allow communities to adjust the welfare for their specific needs.

Education:

Our education system, as it stands, is not helping Americans to achieve our potential. It is even harming a number of students. I am in agreement with most of the positions outlined previously.

I do believe that with block scheduling, we could increase the maximum to twenty students, rather than fifteen, as the teachers will have more time for one on one instruction.

On community college and trade schools, this would not be forced on the individuals, as for some, it would not be optimal. It should be available to all, though. In response to what Ravens Fan said, a GPA requirement does make sense for community college, but trade schools would be more focused on those that want to learn specific job skills. This is more dependent on their particular sets of skills than how they did in pre-college education.

Abortion:

I am also pro-life, but legislating that view would cause a rise in illegal abortions, which would lead to a rise in overall deaths caused by abortion. I believe that something that would be helpful is education before any abortions occur.

Gay Marriage:

I am in full agreement on this issue.

Immigration:

At this time, something drastic needs to be done. I believe this is a valid plan.

Drugs:

Again, I am in full agreement.

Foreign Policy:

I am in agreement for most of this. The only way we should be sending aid to countries that are opposing each other is if they are making great strides toward peace.

Duties as Vice-President:

The first duty I would like to bring up is a role as adviser to the President. I will make every effort to discuss policy issues with the President and try to make sure we have examined multiple side of an issue before decisions are made.

As President of the Senate, I would take those duties seriously and try to cultivate a relationship with the Senators in office. I would try to work as a link between the President and the Senate. I would try to keep a line of communication open and help the Senate and President work together on issues.

Other Issues:

Daylight Savings Time needs to be ended. It serves no real purpose.

I would work toward a limitation of the power of Executive Orders. We shouldn't have a large number of Executive Orders, especially used in order to bypass Congress.

Finally, we should work on clearing out the laws, especially getting outdated laws off of the books.

The Xl
03-11-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm at odds with you on immigration and free schooling, but it's far better and more reasonable than the republicrats, you'd probably have my vote

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 02:37 PM
How come Green Arrow gets to post so many paragraphs when Peter and granny won't let non-mod conservatives post more than four?

or have I answered my own question?

some people here are privileged characters and others aren't.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 02:39 PM
Lel, I'd throw the whole system on its head, never mind the fed. I'd mysteriously catch ebola or something

Or it would be like OMG! the terrorists actually hit the White House this time!

Green Arrow
How come Green Arrow gets to post so many paragraphs when Peter and granny won't let non-mod conservatives post more than four?

Because I'm President of the Forum. That's where my experience to be U.S. President comes into play.

I control the minds of the forum leadership.

Cigar
http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/theanchoress/files/2014/03/snap-out-of-it.gif

The Xl
03-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Or it would be like OMG! the terrorists actually hit the White House this time!
Lmao, yeah.

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 02:40 PM
Btw: the only good idea Green had was a ban on immigration for 10 years.

I would amend that to no chain immigration while still allowing brain surgeons and atomic scientists in if they want to come.

And no pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens ever.

Anyone who gets amnesty should get a green card only but NEVER be allowed citizenship.

The Xl
03-11-2015, 02:41 PM

You should just be happy they haven't banned your senile racist ass by now.

nic34
Sure :tongue:

I'll tap @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) as Secretary of Defense.

I'm good with that....

Go ahead, name your tPF cabinet.

Mac-7
Because I'm President of the Forum. That's where my experience to be U.S. President comes into play.

i guess so.

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 02:43 PM
You should just be happy they haven't banned your senile racist ass by now.

Im the least racist person on this board.

Libs have such a low opinion of minorities that you want to shower them with government freebees in the mistaken belief they will all starve if you don't help them.

nic34
03-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Good point. Why not a Mormon either? Why not a female governor from Alaska? Why not a brain surgeon?

They have to get the most votes.

Cigar
Btw: the only good idea Green had was a ban on immigration for 10 years.

I would amend that to no chain immigration while still allowing brain surgeons and atomic scientists in if they want to come.

And no pathway to citizenship for illegal aliens ever.

Anyone who gets amnesty should get a green card only but NEVER be allowed citizenship.

Yea ... then I suppose cutting resources to Home Land Security will help :laugh:

Brilliant :grin:

The Xl

Libs have such a low opinion of minorities that you want to shower them with government freebees in the mistaken belief they will all starve if you don't help them.

You may be the most delusional person on this planet.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 02:45 PM

:rollseyes: God I'm glad you support The Right

Cigar
03-11-2015, 02:47 PM

These are your Clowns in your Tent ... Congratulation ... it will be a great marriage or morons. :rollseyes:

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 02:54 PM
Yea ... then I suppose cutting resources to Home Land Security will help :laugh:

Brilliant :grin:

Defunding the Obama amnesty is a great idea.

Thanks for asking.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Defunding the Obama amnesty is a great idea.

Thanks for asking.

Sure anything to help this Dream along :laugh:

Mac-7

Or you may be.

I sure nailed you on how low lib opinion of minorities is.

Green Arrow
Guys, this thread is all about me (and somewhat about Hal Jordan too. But mostly me.). Bring it on back now :tongue:

Common
03-11-2015, 02:58 PM
Youre fired for starting this thread and allowing mac in it

Cigar
03-11-2015, 02:59 PM
Whens the Election and who's opposition Candidate?

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Guys, this thread is all about me (and somewhat about @Hal Jordan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=994) too. But mostly me.). Bring it on back now :tongue:

I was responding to you ideas about immigration till cigar and XL diverted the topic to me.

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 03:05 PM
I was responding to you ideas about immigration till cigar and XL diverted the topic to me.

A simple solution would be to ignore them and focus on the topic of the thread, the bid for the presidency.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 03:06 PM
A simple solution would be to ignore them and focus on the topic of the thread, the bid for the presidency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzbVn9Xx3YM

http://behindthepanels.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/decisions001.jpg

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 03:09 PM

November 2016 and the opposing candidates will be in prison after I take office.

Common
03-11-2015, 03:10 PM
To all in the thread who do you believe will win the GOP Primary, no sense asking about the democrat primary theres no one running.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 03:12 PM
November 2016 and the opposing candidates will be in prison after I take office.

Oh Cool ... a Good Old Chicago Style Election :laugh:

I hear Rahm Emanuel maybe available for a Running Mate or Executive Ball Buster :grin:

PolWatch
03-11-2015, 03:12 PM
Jeb Bush....no one else has the political organization that he does.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 03:14 PM
Oh Cool ... a Good Old Chicago Style Election :laugh:

I hear Rahm Emanuel maybe available for a Running Mate or Executive Ball Buster :grin:

I already have a running mate. Unlike Emanuel, Hal Jordan isn't scum.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 03:14 PM
To all in the thread who do you believe will win the GOP Primary, no sense asking about the democrat primary theres no one running.

Donald Trump has my vote if he can get me a Tee-Time at Trump National Doral :wink:

zelmo1234
03-11-2015, 03:16 PM

Actually the wealthy in this country are the most generous people in the world. But like most they don't take that to the media.

If you want the most expensive way to do things? Let the government do it!

Cigar
03-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Jeb Bush....no one else has the political organization that he does.

Sad but true

Cigar
03-11-2015, 03:17 PM
Actually the wealthy in this country are the most generous people in the world. But like most they don't take that to the media.

If you want the most expensive way to do things? Let the government do it!

They're also the most greedy and they do anything for nothing. :laugh:

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 03:21 PM

I disagree. To paraphrase, Luke 12:48 of the New Testament says that from those who have much, much is expected. I think those who have the least, but still give what they can, are far more generous.

PolWatch
03-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Include a method of allowing welfare recipients to work & still receive graduated benefits so they won't be faced with welfare or penalizing their families & I could go with your plan. Welfare could gradually be eliminated as their earning power increases. I also think we need to change the rules so that fathers are encouraged to stay with their families instead of our current system of making it more profitable for them to leave.

I would like to see term limits for all elected offices and restrictions to pensions so their benefits are more in line with the rest of us working folk. I would like to see term limits for the Supreme Court.

I would like to see anyone who wants to send our troops into danger have to have a member of their immediate family on the front lines too. I would also like to see the veterans receive the benefits they were promised and they have earned.

Include grade requirements for the education programs & I'm on board!

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 03:25 PM
I disagree. To paraphrase, Luke 12:48 of the New Testament says that from those who have much, much is expected. I think those who have the least, but still give what they can, are far more generous.

Jesus never said forcefully take from the rich and give to the poor.

Thats the godless lib perversion of what Jesus meant.

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 03:26 PM
Include a method of allowing welfare recipients to work & still receive graduated benefits so they won't be faced with welfare or penalizing their families & I could go with your plan. Welfare could gradually be eliminated as their earning power increases. I also think we need to change the rules so that fathers are encouraged to stay with their families instead of our current system of making it more profitable for them to leave.

The lazy will never advance so their welfare check will never shrink.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 03:28 PM

That was before those bastards nailed him to a cross ... ask him now.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 03:29 PM

I'm talking about the rich and poor giving to those in need on their own will. Try to follow the conversation at least a little.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 03:30 PM
The lazy will never advance so their welfare check will never shrink.

Thankfully the Left has you as an example, the right must be really proud of your support.

IT's works so well for them over the last several years, keep up the great work. :laugh:

Cigar
03-11-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm talking about the rich and poor giving to those in need on their own will. Try to follow the conversation at least a little.

While you're at it, can you please ask the rich and poor to maintain America's failing Infrastructure ... let's see who snaps to attention. :laugh:

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 03:33 PM

The rich in America give generously to private charities.

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 03:35 PM
That was before those $#@!s nailed him to a cross ... ask him now.

Ask Him yourself.

Or do you think Obumer is the real son of God?

Green Arrow

As they should. It's more impressive to me when the poor give to those in need, because that can actually hurt their own finances.

Common

If they do it saves them on the taxs as a deduction. Accountant told them to give some money away to save alot more.

Cigar
03-11-2015, 03:36 PM

I think The Catholic Church has enough Monstrosities and cash in Vatican Bank ... don't you think

Bob
03-11-2015, 03:37 PM
If they do it saves them on the taxs as a deduction. Accountant told them to give some money away to save alot more.

Way over and above that, they pay for America. Yes, if you tally up the actual function of Government,. the rich pay for all of it.

Maybe you prefer they all leave America? Common

Who the hell pays the most taxes that supports schools? Even you admit the rich areas have better schools.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 03:39 PM
Way over and above that, they pay for America. Yes, if you tally up the actual function of Government,. the rich pay for all of it.

Maybe you prefer they all leave America? @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659)

Who the hell pays the most taxes that supports schools? Even you admit the rich areas have better schools.

You are the biggest shill I have ever seen. You're like a slightly more coherent Cigar.

Common
03-11-2015, 03:48 PM

Maybe you prefer they all leave America? @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659)

They can leave and know what bob, america will create more billionaires to replace them
2014 the united states created more billioniares than ever before 214 that comes right off of forbes site.

The rich are getting fabulously richer and your here whining and wringing your hands for the poor dears.

All the right wing talking points fall on my deaf ears ive heard the same thing Thousands of times while the tax rates have gone down for the rich and they created jobs in china.

The tax rate for the rich and corporate american has been cut in half WHERES THE JOBS BOBS. Where they at YO bro want me to tell ya? cmere ill whisper it in your ear.

CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 03:54 PM

If we took away the charitable deduction Christians would still give but I suspect a lot of godless libs would not.

Common Sense
03-11-2015, 03:54 PM
If we took away the charitable deduction Christians would still give but I suspect a lot of godless libs would not.

...because all Christians are good and all Libs are bad.

Derp de de derp derp derp.

nic34
03-11-2015, 03:55 PM

That's good, then they can all pitch in and help this guy:

"Since it appears that recovery will take a good deal of time with associated expenses, I struggle to not feel stress – both the stress of thinking about huge hospital and other medical bills as well as regular living expenses while I am unable to work -- and also the stress of not being able to accomplish what I am so passionate about doing for others," Mack wrote in a note on his GoFundMe page. "It is difficult and humbling to say that we need your help, but we do."

Since I have no need to explain the irony of this situation, and since I have no desire to damage my own karma by making fun of a family suffering from health problems, let me conclude by pointing out what Addicting Info discovered reading the comments on Mack's GoFundMe page. Right-wing donors seem to have faded away to a trickle after the first few days. It is liberals, the people conservatives laugh at for their "bleeding hearts" who have been sending Sheriff Mack money.

Even gay ones.

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/uncucumbered/karma_calls_on_obamacare_opponent_sheriff_richard_ mack

Bob
03-11-2015, 04:01 PM
You are the biggest shill I have ever seen. You're like a slightly more coherent Cigar.

Thanks for one more of your pathetic insults. Got time for more of them?

This is the shit you pulled almost my first day that caused you so much trouble with me.

Bob
03-11-2015, 04:28 PM
They can leave and know what bob, america will create more billionaires to replace them
2014 the united states created more billioniares than ever before 214 that comes right off of forbes site.

The rich are getting fabulously richer and your here whining and wringing your hands for the poor dears.

All the right wing talking points fall on my deaf ears ive heard the same thing Thousands of times while the tax rates have gone down for the rich and they created jobs in china.

The tax rate for the rich and corporate american has been cut in half WHERES THE JOBS BOBS. Where they at YO bro want me to tell ya? cmere ill whisper it in your ear.

CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obama has had 6 years of creating the rich is what you really mean.

Peter1469
03-11-2015, 04:55 PM

Charitable deductions are above the line deductions, also known as adjustments to income. So they may not affect your tax liability at all if you don't move into a lower part on the tax table.

Guerilla
03-11-2015, 05:05 PM
I'm glad you brought that up, @Guerilla (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=606), because it gives me an opportunity to explain one of my ideas for tax reform.

I want to establish a database that shows the current U.S. budget and how much of the budget is being allocated to which budgetary item. Every year when you file your taxes, you will also be given a form that allows you to specify which areas of the budget you want your tax money going to. This would ensure that only the programs Americans want are funded and it avoids making you pay for programs that you object to, morally or otherwise.

It does sound good.

But it should only be done if they voted for you and that plan. I don't want to send people a letter that says "here's how much we are taking, where do you want to spend it", unless they voted for that. If none of the federal candidates or state candidates fit the persons ideas, then they should be able to get together with their community and figure out something that works for them, without being forced into a plan by the majority(the problem we have now). So you basically still have all levels of government, but they are all voluntary. I think this will increase citizen participation because people will always have the option of going smaller to have more control so they don't get frustrated and they will actually feel apart of decisions; instead of feeling like it's a game that you have to try to win, which exhausts and polarizes people. People will also not feel pressured to pick someone that they aren't sure about, or aren't even informed about, which effects everyone. As you can see, this way can solve many of todays political problems and tensions, while tailoring it to each individual, and maximizing freedom and voter participation.

It's like a nation of people who each individually self-govern, but can choose to participate in whichever level of gov they want. Do we need a constitutional convention for that(which is basically a peaceful revolution)?

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 05:13 PM

I'd be impressed if they kept what they needed to survive (and pay taxes and such) and gave the rest to charity...

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=Bob;995216]

/QUOTE]

Obama voters would be lost if they didn't have the rich to buy them food and give them a place to live.

I think they would be ok after the shock wore off but the learning curve would be rough.

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 05:17 PM
I'd be impressed if they kept what they needed to survive (and pay taxes and such) and gave the rest to charity...

I bet you would.

But america is not a hippy commune.

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 05:22 PM

He did mention that...

If an unemployed benefits recipient finds a job, their benefits will be reduced. That way, they are still receiving the help they need, but they are given incentive to keep the job and pursue better opportunities.

I would like to see term limits for all elected offices and restrictions to pensions so their benefits are more in line with the rest of us working folk. I would like to see term limits for the Supreme Court.

I would like to see that as well.

I would like to see anyone who wants to send our troops into danger have to have a member of their immediate family on the front lines too. I would also like to see the veterans receive the benefits they were promised and they have earned.

I see cases where having a member of immediate family on the front lines would not be possible, but they should definitely look at all potential danger situations as if they did have immediate family on the front lines. Veterans should be receiving all benefits promised and earned, and not second-rate care.

Include grade requirements for the education programs & I'm on board!

I think grade requirements for community college makes sense, but trade school may be unrelated to any grades you received in high school. Now, if we have minor trade programs as an option for high school, they could make sense.

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 05:23 PM
I bet you would.

But america is not a hippy commune.

And your point? I never said they should be forced to. If they were, it wouldn't be impressive at all...

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 05:30 PM
And your point? I never said they should be forced to. If they were, it wouldn't be impressive at all...

I don't think America should be a commune.

So your demand that everyone give away their wealth so that deadbeats have the same wealth as hard workers is silly.

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 05:34 PM
I see cases where having a member of immediate family on the front lines would not be possible, but they should definitely look at all potential danger situations as if they did have immediate family on the front lines. Veterans should be receiving all benefits promised and earned, and not second-rate care.

Universal military service would solve the complaints of malcontents who do not believe national defense matters.

Howey
03-11-2015, 05:34 PM

Lots of holes in your small platform there, Green Arrow...

I will gather all 50 state governors and the leaders of every state's legislative branches, sit them all down in a big room, and discuss implementing a state-by-state social welfare system, to eventually replace the current bloated federal system. Each state would get a portion of the money currently spent on the federal system to help bolster their own systems. This method would allow the nation to operate under essentially one welfare system, but have it individually administered by each state, and also allow the states to tweak the system to fit their population. One-size-fits-all solutions simply don't work, so allowing state governments to figure out what helps their citizens the best, is the best solution. The baseline plan would be as follows:

This is basically what's currently being done. Most, if not all, welfare programs are being managed by the states, with horrible results. Question. How will "allowing state governments to figure out what helps their citizens the best" work when the majority of state governments don't care what their citizens want, particularly when it comes to Republican states.

Where will we find all those social workers? Currently, one social worker handles approximately 400 cases per month. "Home monitoring" only allows biased and prejudicial standards (trust me, I know this from experience). Additionally, most of this is, again, already being done by most states, however, all of your goals in this paragraph are dependent upon funding. When states have been historically been cutting social service agency's budgets by double digits each year, what will you do to ensure they don't? Can't withhold the money, right? You've already given the money back to them to do what they want.

Again, this is already being done in most states (http://www.mdrc.org/publication/how-welfare-and-work-policies-affect-employment-and-income).

See above.

Agreed. We need to go back to tried and true education models and get away from forcing our students to study only for a state test that's meant to grade teachers. However...

If the child consistently scores low in math, they are most likely not going to be an engineer or mathematician, so there's no further purpose in making them take math for the rest of their life, particularly when that essentially useless class time can be utilized to further strengthen them in the areas they score strongly in.

Thank God Einstein's parents and school didn't feel this way.

Again...already a policy in most, if not all, states. I'd like to add the need for parents to become more active again in accomplishing the goals set forth in your first sentence. Then there's the problem of hiring more teachers, pay teachers a pay scale equal to other professionals, ensure adequate teacher training and continuing education, expanding and improving schools to add classrooms (no trailers!), and providing all students the technological tools to survive in this new century. Of course, there's that cost factor....

This I disagree with. It reeks of classism. Instead, provide tutors and additional help for students who need it. Don't let slow learners pass grades until they have the basics down, and offer a balanced curriculum designed for the student's needs.

We keep kids in school for eight hours a day, then expect them to go home and do more school at home when they should be spending time with their families.

What about the teachers who are required to work four/five more hours after class? Not to mention buy their own students school supplies?

Agreed.

Your opinion, as well as my opinion, is moot. Nobody should tell a woman what to do with her body.

As with much of your positions, you put a lot of faith in states that can't even handle their own affairs now. Particularly the gay marriage issue.

More classism...sigh. How many bases are on our borders? Where will we house 300,000 troops (the approximate number currently stationed overseas)? Not to mention I take offense with the entire isolationist thing.

Huge bucket of worms. Watch crime go through the roof. Our prisons are already overcrowded. Where will the prisoners be housed?

More isolationism. As soon as we start helping other countries, guess who'll step in? Russia and China.

Agreed.

More isolationism....

Agree to an extent. But remember, you want all troops returned from overseas. See above. Wouldn't that also include "advisors"?

Another moot point. Once we isolate ourselves from the rest of the world and end all foreign aid, in ten years we'll become East Russia. Why would they want to engage in diplomatic issues with us now?

Incorrect. We're a superpower now, we won't be under the administration of Green Arrow/Hal Jordan. You've already brought all the troops back and put them on our borders, they won't have time for diplomacy in our new isolationist, short lived nation.

Here's the problem with your dream universe, Green Arrow. While many of your goals are attainable and commendable, as long as they're based upon a Libertarian philosophy they will never work. We have a Federal Government for a reason. We have delegated responsibilites to the States. I've said this a million times but you need to realize we're the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not the SEPARATE FIFTY STATES OF AMERICA.

PolWatch
03-11-2015, 05:35 PM
I think the trade school attendance should have some requirements....attendance perhaps? The purpose (imo) is to make sure the student is motivated and not just taking up space.

One of the biggest mistakes I have seen in our public schools was something main-streaming (or something like that). Special ed students were included in regular classrooms so they would have a more normal experience. Nice idea but it caused the teachers to have to spend more time with the SE students and slowed the progress of the regular students. I think classes based on achievement make more sense than dumping D students in with A+ students.

Redrose
03-11-2015, 05:35 PM

Social Welfare:

Education:

Pre-College Education:

College Education:

Abortion:

Gay Marriage:

Immigration:

Drugs:

Foreign Policy:

Running Mate:

OK, Green Arrow You just turned 35. Happy Birthday.

Now, you made some excellent suggestions. I agree with you as to abortion and gay marriage. Government needs to stay out of it. Abortion should be done with private money not tax dollars.
I do not agree with legalizing drugs. I have my reasons, but I'll leave that for another thread.
Post war Eisenhower years were very productive, but that was long before political correctness and many social structuring programs, which in my opinion suffocate society.

A Social worker for every ten recipients is unrealistic and much too costly.

There is still too much racial bias for many of your great ideas to work, as to social/welfare, education and immigration.

Smaller classes would be wonderful, but without teacher control, without respect for the teacher and rules, class size wouldn't make too much difference.

In 1953, my first grade class in a Catholic school had 73 students. We we sitting two in a seat designed for one. The sister had absolute total control over that class, and we learned. Teachers were allowed to discipline students. Today, they face dismissal or a law suit if the "offend" the student or violate his/her civil rights. We are dooming ourselves with this "coddling" of select groups.

We are turning out students who know nothing and offer nothing to the work force, but want higher wages.

I agree with many of your other recommendations. Great effort, thank you.

Dr. Who
03-11-2015, 05:45 PM

You can post as much of your own opinion as you want - what you cannot do is post vast amounts of text from a third party. Fair use policy applies - see the rules.

Dr. Who
03-11-2015, 05:46 PM

Ahem? Did I miss the election?

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 05:46 PM
I don't think America should be a commune.

So your demand that everyone give away their wealth so that deadbeats have the same wealth as hard workers is silly.

I never made that demand.

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 05:47 PM
Universal military service would solve the complaints of malcontents who do not believe national defense matters.

Universal military service wouldn't work for the simple fact that there are people who are physically unable to serve.

Howey
03-11-2015, 05:48 PM
Let me add regarding education. The education I received was exceptional and employed all goals I mentioned above, plus many of Green Arrow's. The difference?

It was what was basically a socialized, federally ran system that paid it's teachers above average wages, ensured they were well trained, had small class rooms and individualized instruction, offered work programs for those qualified, and provided an education far advanced than that offered in any state.

It was the DoD educational system.

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 05:54 PM
I think the trade school attendance should have some requirements....attendance perhaps? The purpose (imo) is to make sure the student is motivated and not just taking up space.

One of the biggest mistakes I have seen in our public schools was something main-streaming (or something like that). Special ed students were included in regular classrooms so they would have a more normal experience. Nice idea but it caused the teachers to have to spend more time with the SE students and slowed the progress of the regular students. I think classes based on achievement make more sense than dumping D students in with A+ students.

I definitely agree with attendance requirements for trade schools. We don't want to be supporting people to just take up resources that could be better used elsewhere.

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 06:01 PM
I think the trade school attendance should have some requirements....attendance perhaps?

That and checking all crack pipes at the door.

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Universal military service wouldn't work for the simple fact that there are people who are physically unable to serve.

Sure.

People with one leg may be excused or assigned to desk jobs.

And now that gays are allowed no one can escape service that way.

practically speaking most people would give only token service.

Say 16 weeks of basic training and AIT then a few months OJT followed by 2 years of ready reserve and 6 years of inactive reserve.

Howey
03-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Sure.

People with one leg may be excused or assigned to desk jobs.

And now that gays are allowed no one can escape service that way.

practically speaking most people would give only token service.

Say 16 weeks of basic training and AIT then a few months OJT followed by 2 years of ready reserve and 6 years of inactive reserve.

I hate to break the news to you, Mac-7, but gays have always served in the military.

Guerilla
03-11-2015, 06:28 PM
I feel this country has a centralization problem that effects all the other problems. We won't get far unless we solve this problem. So Candidate Arrow, how would you work to fix this problem, or why do you think it is not a problem?

Mac-7
03-11-2015, 06:45 PM
I hate to break the news to you, @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014), but gays have always served in the military.

Or at least until they were discovered.

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Lots of holes in your small platform there, @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)...

This is basically what's currently being done. Most, if not all, welfare programs are being managed by the states, with horrible results. Question. How will "allowing state governments to figure out what helps their citizens the best" work when the majority of state governments don't care what their citizens want, particularly when it comes to Republican states.

States are managing welfare programs, yes. The difference is that the federal government does indeed have a heavy hand in how they manage the welfare programs. This is one reason there are horrible results. If the state governments aren't listening to the wants and needs of the people, there's a simple solution. The people get new representation.

Where will we find all those social workers? Currently, one social worker handles approximately 400 cases per month. "Home monitoring" only allows biased and prejudicial standards (trust me, I know this from experience). Additionally, most of this is, again, already being done by most states, however, all of your goals in this paragraph are dependent upon funding. When states have been historically been cutting social service agency's budgets by double digits each year, what will you do to ensure they don't? Can't withhold the money, right? You've already given the money back to them to do what they want.

Experiences may vary. I do think that one social worker for every 10 people may be too much. The thing is, what we have currently is too few. Maybe we can meet in the middle somewhere, where the individuals can receive better help, but we don't have too much of Big Brother situation... Here's something important, the money they receive from the federal government for welfare has to go toward welfare. It can not be used for any other purpose. No pet projects. No perks of being in the government. Welfare only.

Again, this is already being done in most states (http://www.mdrc.org/publication/how-welfare-and-work-policies-affect-employment-and-income).

And this is to ensure that it is done that way.

Agreed. We need to go back to tried and true education models and get away from forcing our students to study only for a state test that's meant to grade teachers. However...

Yes, this current system is only harming the students.

Maybe they did, but it doesn't matter, since Einstein was never bad at math.
http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1936731_1936743_1936758,00.html
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2004/06/23/1115185.htm

Again...already a policy in most, if not all, states. I'd like to add the need for parents to become more active again in accomplishing the goals set forth in your first sentence. Then there's the problem of hiring more teachers, pay teachers a pay scale equal to other professionals, ensure adequate teacher training and continuing education, expanding and improving schools to add classrooms (no trailers!), and providing all students the technological tools to survive in this new century. Of course, there's that cost factor....

Funny, I know people from most states that say they never learned such things in school. Yes, parents should be more active in their child's schooling, but we really can't legislate that. States can find the funding, for example, those with lottery could force funds from the lotteries to go toward what they were originally intended to (roads and schools), such as what Missouri did. Since they did that, the roads have become vastly improved, and the schools are constantly receiving improvements.

This I disagree with. It reeks of classism. Instead, provide tutors and additional help for students who need it. Don't let slow learners pass grades until they have the basics down, and offer a balanced curriculum designed for the student's needs.

I disagree on the classism charge. It simply tries to adjust for the fact that not everyone learns at the same speed. School was very harmful for me because of this. I was not challenged enough, and quit doing the work because of that. I never did any homework assigned or anything of that sort. This caused me to repeat half a year of high school. It would have been more if I didn't ace all of the tests.

What about the teachers who are required to work four/five more hours after class? Not to mention buy their own students school supplies?

Well, getting rid of homework would decrease the load for teachers as well. Also, the fact that they do work outside of the school should be factored into their pay.

Your opinion, as well as my opinion, is moot. Nobody should tell a woman what to do with her body.

And that's pretty much what he is saying, that his opinion on abortion is moot.

As with much of your positions, you put a lot of faith in states that can't even handle their own affairs now. Particularly the gay marriage issue.

Except for the fact that his position leaves the state out of marriage as well. This should not be a government issue on any level.

More classism...sigh. How many bases are on our borders? Where will we house 300,000 troops (the approximate number currently stationed overseas)? Not to mention I take offense with the entire isolationist thing.

Where is the classism? This is getting our own affairs in order before we think of assisting others in any way. That's just sound judgement. As for residences for the soldiers, that is something we would have to work on the logistics of with others. This would not be an instant thing. Non-interventionism is not isolationism. We need to set our own affairs in order before we even consider the affairs of others.

Huge bucket of worms. Watch crime go through the roof. Our prisons are already overcrowded. Where will the prisoners be housed?

Do you have evidence that this would be the case? What effect did Prohibition have on crime? The simple truth is that prisons would be less crowded.

More isolationism. As soon as we start helping other countries, guess who'll step in? Russia and China.

Not isolationism. Did he say anything about cutting off trade with other countries? This is about helping our country to grow stronger.

More isolationism....

Again, not isolationism.

Agree to an extent. But remember, you want all troops returned from overseas. See above. Wouldn't that also include "advisors"?

All unnecessary bases being closed does not mean that every single troop is coming home. Reread what he stated earlier.

Another moot point. Once we isolate ourselves from the rest of the world and end all foreign aid, in ten years we'll become East Russia. Why would they want to engage in diplomatic issues with us now?

Again, we are not isolating ourselves from the world. We are continuing trade, diplomacy, and such. We are continuing to have interaction with other countries. Your comparison fails majorly.

Incorrect. We're a superpower now, we won't be under the administration of Green Arrow/Hal Jordan. You've already brought all the troops back and put them on our borders, they won't have time for diplomacy in our new isolationist, short lived nation.

Again, you need to reread what was actually said, as you are not interpreting it correctly.

Here's the problem with your dream universe, @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868). While many of your goals are attainable and commendable, as long as they're based upon a Libertarian philosophy they will never work. We have a Federal Government for a reason. We have delegated responsibilites to the States. I've said this a million times but you need to realize we're the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not the SEPARATE FIFTY STATES OF AMERICA.

Yes, we have the federal government for a reason, but that is not to be a micromanager.

Howey
03-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Or at least until they were discove, red.
By far the greatest majority, myself included, were openly gay. In fact, in my unit of approximately 70 military personnel, at least 12 were gay, including the Major who was our Chief.

My duty, fyi, was processing administrative separations for cause. Incredibly, of those discharged for being "gay", a good 90% weren't. They wanted out.

iustitia
03-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Sounds like Mac wants a stratocracy. Mac, your militarism is showing.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 10:19 PM

Not to the extent I'm talking about. There's still quite a bit of federal influence on the issue.

First of all, no, I have not already given the states the money. They don't get the money until they implement a decent social welfare system that follows my baseline plan. Then and only then will they receive the money, and that money will be mandated to only go into the social welfare budget.

Second, I'm sure we could find enough well-meaning liberals willing to take the training courses necessary to serve in that social worker capacity.

See above.

Good, let's continue it and improve on it.

Einstein was never bad at math, so the example doesn't apply.

Where? I grew up in California and it certainly isn't what was done in our school systems.

It's not classism, it's effectiveness. Teachers can't teach to a hundred different learning paces. If anything, this proposal is the opposite of classism, because one of the greatest advantages the classists have now is the education barrier. This proposal will make our education system more effective and help the slow learners catch up to the fast learners without being left behind.

First of all, it's disgraceful that teachers have to buy their own students school supplies, especially with how much we're spending on education.

Second, just like any job, they will be paid for time out of class too.

Right, that was my point...

Why is it ridiculous to put "faith" in states but totally sensible to put "faith" in the federal government?

We can build bases. None of this is stuff that will be done immediately. Give me at least a little credit, here.

Besides, it's not isolationist.

Every nation across the world that has legalized drugs has seen the opposite effect. Same happened with Prohibition in the 20s. When alcohol was banned, organized crime went through the roof and alcohol usage increased. Prohibition ends, organized crime and usage go back down.

1) Again, it's not isolationism.
2) We're not going to stop helping other countries. We're just going to be smart about it and make sure the help we give isn't going to bite us in the ass.

More isolationism....

Again, not isolationism. Do I really need to post another thread explaining the difference between isolationism, non-interventionism, and interventionism?

1) Advisors are not troops.
2) Troops can always be re-deployed at need.
3) I never, ever, said to return ALL of our troops. I just said we need to close unnecessary bases and use that money in areas that it is needed more. Why do we need bases in Germany?

We could go 100% isolationist and Russia will never take us over. Seriously, let's at least be realistic here.

Here's the problem with your dream universe, @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868). While many of your goals are attainable and commendable, as long as they're based upon a Libertarian philosophy they will never work. We have a Federal Government for a reason. We have delegated responsibilites to the States. I've said this a million times but you need to realize we're the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, not the SEPARATE FIFTY STATES OF AMERICA.

To repeat myself...nothing I have suggested is isolationist. In fact, it's not even truly non-interventionist, it's mostly interventionist.

Nothing I have suggested weakens the federal government. I'm simply suggesting we shift a little more responsibility to the states so there is less pressure on the federal government.

Nothing I have suggested is libertarian, with the exception of my drug, abortion, and gay marriage stances. Frankly, I was surprised that pretty much all the forum libertarians that commented in this thread supported my stances overall.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 10:22 PM
OK, @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) You just turned 35. Happy Birthday.

Thank you :D

Now, you made some excellent suggestions. I agree with you as to abortion and gay marriage. Government needs to stay out of it. Abortion should be done with private money not tax dollars.
I do not agree with legalizing drugs. I have my reasons, but I'll leave that for another thread.
Post war Eisenhower years were very productive, but that was long before political correctness and many social structuring programs, which in my opinion suffocate society.

Fair enough.

A Social worker for every ten recipients is unrealistic and much too costly.

As Hal Jordan said, there's room to wiggle here. Let's all meet me at least half way.

There is still too much racial bias for many of your great ideas to work, as to social/welfare, education and immigration.

Smaller classes would be wonderful, but without teacher control, without respect for the teacher and rules, class size wouldn't make too much difference.

In 1953, my first grade class in a Catholic school had 73 students. We we sitting two in a seat designed for one. The sister had absolute total control over that class, and we learned. Teachers were allowed to discipline students. Today, they face dismissal or a law suit if the "offend" the student or violate his/her civil rights. We are dooming ourselves with this "coddling" of select groups.

We are turning out students who know nothing and offer nothing to the work force, but want higher wages.

I agree with many of your other recommendations. Great effort, thank you.

I pretty well agree with the rest. Thank you :)

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 10:23 PM
Ahem? Did I miss the election?

Elections are messy. There's always a chance you'll lose. I prefer to just lock ADMIN in my basement and rule in his place :tongue:

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 10:24 PM
I feel this country has a centralization problem that effects all the other problems. We won't get far unless we solve this problem. So Candidate Arrow, how would you work to fix this problem, or why do you think it is not a problem?

I think many of my aforementioned platform planks would go a long way toward decentralizing things. Beyond that, I think my successor would have to continue the process.

But I absolutely agree it's a problem.

Dr. Who
03-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Elections are messy. There's always a chance you'll lose. I prefer to just lock @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) in my basement and rule in his place :tongue:
:shocked: LOL.

Peter1469
03-11-2015, 10:44 PM
I will serve as SECDEF with the understanding that I serve the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guard above any consideration of politics.

Green Arrow
03-11-2015, 10:50 PM
I will serve as SECDEF with the understanding that I serve the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, and Coast Guard above any consideration of politics.

Of course. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's for this reason that I'd pick you.

Hal Jordan
03-11-2015, 11:12 PM

Anything less would be wrong for a SECDEF...

Guerilla
03-12-2015, 01:36 AM
I think many of my aforementioned platform planks would go a long way toward decentralizing things. Beyond that, I think my successor would have to continue the process.

But I absolutely agree it's a problem.

Alright cool. You and Hal get things going, then I'll stumble in after and finish things. :cool2:

Green Arrow
03-12-2015, 01:37 AM
Alright cool. You and Hal get things going, then I'll stumble in after and finish things. :cool2:

You interested in any cabinet positions? :tongue:

Guerilla
03-12-2015, 01:44 AM

Ya, make me the mad scientist. If that's not a position, make it one. For America..

Green Arrow
03-12-2015, 01:49 AM
Ya, make me the mad scientist. If that's not a position, make it one. For America..

That will be my first order of business. You'll be the Mad Scientist Czar :tongue:

Common
03-12-2015, 05:10 AM
That will be my first order of business. You'll be the Mad Scientist Czar :tongue:

Why did you name yourself green arrow btw

nic34
03-12-2015, 08:49 AM

(Because Oliver Queen is supposed to be secret....)

Ransom
03-12-2015, 09:30 AM

I can't wait to see that answer

Captain Obvious
03-12-2015, 09:38 AM

Because "The Magic Phallus" was already taken.

Cigar
03-12-2015, 09:40 AM

The Green Tights are Extra snug :grin:

Howey
03-12-2015, 11:14 AM

Green Arrow. You ain't getting elected to shit.

I'm about to release those emails, videos and pictures.:shocked:

Howey
03-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Howey/Alyosha 2016!

Cigar
03-12-2015, 02:11 PM
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah307/dragonflidiv/someoneelse3_zpspntfev8t.jpg

Peter1469
03-12-2015, 02:36 PM
amen

Green Arrow
03-13-2015, 01:07 AM

Green Arrow is the most political superhero in existence. He has no superpowers and just relies on his own strength and skill with a bow and arrow to fight for the little guy. Born a billionaire, he lost his business and now fights in a Robin Hood-esque manner for those who need someone to fight for them.

Hal Jordan
03-13-2015, 01:08 AM
Green Arrow is the most political superhero in existence. He has no superpowers and just relies on his own strength and skill with a bow and arrow to fight for the little guy. Born a billionaire, he lost his business and now fights in a Robin Hood-esque manner for those who need someone to fight for them.

Also, you're a comic geek. And I have trained you well in that...

Bob
03-13-2015, 01:37 AM

Green Arrow me lad.

The Green Arrow is pure fiction. The same fiction i liked as a young lad. I once had a large collection of comics. Mom decided or my sister decided (can't recall which) they had to be disposed of.

Green Arrow
03-13-2015, 01:45 AM
Green Arrow me lad.

The Green Arrow is pure fiction. The same fiction i liked as a young lad. I once had a large collection of comics. Mom decided or my sister decided (can't recall which) they had to be disposed of.

First of all, I edited your post. I don't know how you got my real first name, but I don't want it posted on this forum. It's a privacy issue and I never gave you permission.

Second, I am fully aware that the Green Arrow is fiction. His ideals are not, however.

Hal Jordan
03-13-2015, 01:46 AM
Green Arrow me lad.

That is a flaw of your mother or sister, whichever it was. Fiction is often used to look at real issues, and comic books can have quite a lot of depth. Pure fiction would have no ties to reality, and would, as a result, be largely incomprehensible. This is not the case with comics.

Ransom
03-13-2015, 07:38 AM

In other words, the Arrow is a tax and spend income redistribution by the government liberal, voted for Barack Obama....twice....is a firm believer in big government...and while he's supposedly a super hero(I think Cat Woman could take him)...his heroes are Lenin and Trotsky.

Cigar
03-13-2015, 07:42 AM
In other words, the Arrow is a tax and spend income redistribution by the government liberal, voted for Barack Obama....twice....is a firm believer in big government...and while he's supposedly a super hero(I think Cat Woman could take him)...his heroes are Lenin and Trotsky.

Cat Woman can take me anytime

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/comicsalliance.com/files/2011/08/catwoman203.jpg

nic34
03-13-2015, 08:48 AM
That is a flaw of your mother or sister, whichever it was. Fiction is often used to look at real issues, and comic books can have quite a lot of depth. Pure fiction would have no ties to reality, and would, as a result, be largely incomprehensible. This is not the case with comics.

Not to mention those comics are probably worth a LOT today!

Bob
03-13-2015, 02:11 PM

I stopped reading them about the time i started high school I don't keep up with comics.

PolWatch
03-13-2015, 02:13 PM
today they are not comics...they are graphic novels and available at local libraries....gotta stay current with popular trends!

Bob
03-13-2015, 02:13 PM
First of all, I edited your post. I don't know how you got my real first name, but I don't want it posted on this forum. It's a privacy issue and I never gave you permission.

Second, I am fully aware that the Green Arrow is fiction. His ideals are not, however.

Yeah, by not saying your real name, you get to take dirty shots at posters feeling anonymous.

Peter and i use our names. We don't have your sort of fear.

Common Sense
03-13-2015, 02:16 PM
Yeah, by not saying your real name, you get to take dirty shots at posters feeling anonymous.

Don't be stupid Bob.

Just because you post your full name, where you live and what you do, doesn't mean other people don't want their privacy.

PolWatch
03-13-2015, 02:16 PM

To use your actual name was your choice. You have the right to make that choice. Other posters have the right to not make the same choice. You do not get to make that choice for them. Understand?

Bob
03-13-2015, 02:21 PM
To use your actual name was your choice. You have the right to make that choice. Other posters have the right to not make the same choice. You do not get to make that choice for them. Understand?

That is so rude, i don't know how to reply. You don't suppose somebody else used his name FIRST do you?:rollseyes:

Bob
03-13-2015, 02:23 PM
Don't be stupid Bob.

Just because you post your full name, where you live and what you do, doesn't mean other people don't want their privacy.

He is whining at the wrong person. He needs to do his whining to my source and it was posted on this very forum. When there was no kickback at the other guy, I felt pretty safe since they are pals.

PolWatch
03-13-2015, 02:23 PM
That is so rude, i don't know how to reply. You don't suppose somebody else used his name FIRST do you?:rollseyes:

Rude? No Bob, its not rude. Its a forum rule. They apply to everyone.

Bob
03-13-2015, 02:26 PM

It is rude. Just how do you think I learned his name? When a poster posted it. I then found out. No one bitched when he said the name. You guys should have protested a day or two ago. Not to me, but to the person that used his name in the first place.

I will review those rules.

Hal Jordan
03-13-2015, 02:42 PM

I thought you weren't supposed to talk about things you know nothing about. He does fall on the liberal side, but we have no evidence that he voted for Obama, or, and I find this more likely, a third party. He would be best described as anti-establishment. We have plenty of evidence that he would not stand for either the Republicans or Democrats, including his strong fighting against political corruption. He would not be able to support either party because of the corruption in both parties.

You think Catwoman (one word, not two) could take him? First, do you actually see that as an insult? She goes toe to toe with Batman quite often. What is most likely, though, given Arrow's womanizing ways, is that in the end, Catwoman might be on top, but they wouldn't be fighting...

Hal Jordan
03-13-2015, 02:43 PM
I stopped reading them about the time i started high school I don't keep up with comics.

Your loss...

Hal Jordan
03-13-2015, 02:44 PM
today they are not comics...they are graphic novels and available at local libraries....gotta stay current with popular trends!

Well, there's both. Most graphic novels are collections of comics... Not all comics are collected into graphic novels, though...

Hal Jordan
03-13-2015, 02:48 PM
It is rude. Just how do you think I learned his name? When a poster posted it. I then found out. No one bitched when he said the name. You guys should have protested a day or two ago. Not to me, but to the person that used his name in the first place.

I will review those rules.

Well, it seems that it was not noticed by us. Let him know who posted it previously and where it was, and he can deal with that.

PolWatch was not rude in any way. She was trying to make an important concern understood by someone who didn't seem to comprehend privacy issues.

Bob
03-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Your loss...

Somehow, someway ... I will find a way to manage my life with no comics. I have important books yet to read.

Bob
03-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Well, it seems that it was not noticed by us. Let him know who posted it previously and where it was, and he can deal with that.

PolWatch was not rude in any way. She was trying to make an important concern understood by someone who didn't seem to comprehend privacy issues.

You really want me to name the poster? Are you certain of that?

Hal Jordan
03-13-2015, 02:54 PM
You really want me to name the poster? Are you certain of that?

I said to tell him and he can deal with it. Be it through private message or whatever. It seems that you are implying that it was me. If that is the case, let me and Green Arrow know where it was, and we can get it taken care of.

Green Arrow
03-13-2015, 03:00 PM

That's probably because you and Peter haven't had your family stalked and threatened by nutcases that you pissed off.

Regardless, I don't give a shit if you like it or not. Don't use my fucking name on the forum. I don't even know how you know it.

Green Arrow
03-13-2015, 03:02 PM

The Green Arrow is more likely to crash through a White House window, point an arrow at President Obama, and say, "President Obama, you have failed this country," than to actually vote for him.

Bob
03-13-2015, 03:04 PM
That's probably because you and Peter haven't had your family stalked and threatened by nutcases that you pissed off.

Regardless, I don't give a shit if you like it or not. Don't use my fucking name on the forum. I don't even know how you know it.

I feel lousy you pissed people enough that they stalked you.

But i won't use GA either. Do you accept snot as a good substitute?

Howey
03-13-2015, 03:05 PM

Any other forum Bob would have been banned.

Bob
03-13-2015, 03:06 PM
I said to tell him and he can deal with it. Be it through private message or whatever. It seems that you are implying that it was me. If that is the case, let me and @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) know where it was, and we can get it taken care of.

Fine since you are using the forum and not PM, it was you.

You said you trained him. And you used his name.

He needs to bitch at you and not me.

Green Arrow
03-13-2015, 03:06 PM

The discussion is over, Bob. Call me whatever you fucking want to, but do not ever tell another person on this forum my name.

nic34
03-13-2015, 03:16 PM

Seriously, Bob?

Howey
03-13-2015, 04:53 PM

Looks to me like you're doing the stalking, @Asswipe (sorry for calling you by your surname, Bob.)

PolWatch
03-13-2015, 04:56 PM
Looks to me like you're doing the stalking, @Asswipe (sorry for calling you by your surname, @Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013).)

Do not call members names

Bob
03-13-2015, 05:00 PM
That was faster than my report. I stand in no need of the report ... thanks for taking care of it.

Howey
03-13-2015, 05:02 PM
Do not call members names

It was worth every single keystroke.

Common
03-13-2015, 05:05 PM
Bobby you seem to bring out the best in everyone. Must be your trolling and baiting and sillyness.
Or maybe its your whining about being old and everyone not giving your proper respect.

Listen babah respect at any age is earned. Respect is a two way street, if your going to troll people how do you expect them to show you respect. Get it yet YO

Peter1469
03-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Warning: All get back to the topic or find another thread to post in.

Hal Jordan
03-15-2015, 12:07 AM

iustitia
03-15-2015, 12:08 AM
Ha. It's funny because puns.

iustitia
03-15-2015, 12:18 AM
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/green-arrow-tries-to-join-the-justice-league.jpg

The one part of the New 52 that didn't suck. "Thanks."

Green Arrow
03-15-2015, 12:21 AM
https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/green-arrow-tries-to-join-the-justice-league.jpg

The one part of the New 52 that didn't suck. "Thanks."

Hey, I liked the New 52 :tongue:

iustitia
03-15-2015, 12:22 AM
Hey, I liked the New 52 :tongue:

You're allowed to be wrong. :afro:

Hal Jordan
03-15-2015, 12:26 AM
You're allowed to be wrong. :afro:

I definitely prefer the old universe, but would say that there are good bits of Nu52... Props for being a comic geek, though...

iustitia
03-15-2015, 12:30 AM
I like how OP they've made Deathstroke lately. What with healing armor and tanking a fucking submarine exploding in his face.

Movie-wise, Son of Batman was an ok animated film. Justice League: War was horrendous.

Hal Jordan
03-15-2015, 12:34 AM
I actually haven't watched Son of Batman yet...

Green Arrow
03-15-2015, 12:36 AM
I like how OP they've made Deathstroke lately. What with healing armor and tanking a fucking submarine exploding in his face.

Movie-wise, Son of Batman was an ok animated film. Justice League: War was horrendous.

Have you seen any of the Arrow TV series? He's hella awesome in that.

iustitia
03-15-2015, 12:36 AM
It's not too bad if you can not hate Damien or cry over how nerfed Deathstroke is. He should've been called Nerfstroke.

iustitia
03-15-2015, 12:38 AM
Have you seen any of the Arrow TV series? He's hella awesome in that.

I actually haven't. After Man of Steel I refuse to get invested in DC's current canon.

Hal Jordan
03-15-2015, 12:38 AM
It's not too bad if you can not hate Damien or cry over how nerfed Deathstroke is. He should've been called Nerfstroke.

That would definitely be tough for me to get past...

Hal Jordan
03-15-2015, 12:40 AM
I actually haven't. After Man of Steel I refuse to get invested in DC's current canon.

Well, Arrow and The Flash are actually completely unrelated to the movie universe, which I see as a failure on the part of DC. When you have something that is working well, you should build on that, rather than a travesty...

Green Arrow
03-15-2015, 12:45 AM

Oh, the TV shows are a hell of a lot better than the movies. Particularly Arrow and The Flash.

iustitia
03-15-2015, 12:50 AM
So the shows with classic JLA members, one of whom (Flash) is a founding member, aren't connected to the pos DC cinematic universe whose only reason for throwing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in their second film post-reboot was because they're bent on making a Justice League movie?

DC is so goddamn retarded.

Real movies then Marvel wins, animated movies DC wins.

Hal Jordan
03-15-2015, 12:53 AM
So the shows with classic JLA members, one of whom (Flash) is a founding member, aren't connected to the pos DC cinematic universe whose only reason for throwing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in their second film post-reboot was because they're bent on making a Justice League movie?

DC is so goddamn retarded.

Real movies then Marvel wins, animated movies DC wins.

This is exactly true. I would say on TV now, DC wins, but since the Marvel shows are connected to the movie universe, they have a richer history to build with. Also, Daredevil next month.

iustitia
03-15-2015, 12:55 AM
Dude it's not even funny. Marvel has like five new shows coming out. Not to mention the like 12 movies planned up to Infinity War 2. DC fucked up so bad at every possible turn. It's not even a competition.

Hal Jordan
03-15-2015, 12:57 AM
Dude it's not even funny. Marvel has like five new shows coming out. Not to mention the like 12 movies planned up to Infinity War 2. DC fucked up so bad at every possible turn. It's not even a competition.

Oh no, Marvel took control quite some time ago, and DC is so far behind that their rush to catch up will only make things worse.

iustitia
03-15-2015, 01:15 AM
I haven't started season 2 yet, but so far Agents of Shield is remarkably good imho. Really filled in the gaps from Cap 2. Fuck.

What sucks is I love DC more than Marvel. I loved the DC animated universe. I grew up with Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Justice League, Batman Beyond, JL Unlimited, Static Shock, and even that Zeta show with the robot. Hell I used to watch Super Friends reruns with its shitty multicultural Hanna-Barbera superheroes and their plethora of random powers. I had JLA toys in the 90's and Batrman TAS toys. I still have pieces from Hawkman somewhere.

The original Batman and Superman films were campy but they're classics, minus the god-awful Superman IV and that Batman film which shall not be named (damn you, Schumacher). And Superman Returns wasn't great but they didn't need to reboot the franchise. Green Lantern was awful but instead of learning from its shortcomings they just killed the obvious sequel. And fuck, they set up a potential sequel with the last Batman scene and then... nope.

Yeah Batman was the only good series they had but they could've built on it instead of rebooting the whole thing. Now they're just about to put out a second film and Marvel has put out 10 so far with 2 more soon and literally a decade's worth in production. DC is paying for their reboot by trying to play catch-up 7 years too late and jamming all their JLA members into one movie. A movie which will suck, btw.

Common
03-15-2015, 05:34 AM
I was a comic book kid, id read everyone I could get my hands on. We used to trade for ones we didnt read.

One of my favorites was Bizarre Superman in his world everything was reversed. All the good things to eat were bad for you, like broccoli and ice cream, cake and candy were nutritious. Sounds weird but they were fun to read.

Peter1469
03-15-2015, 06:59 AM
I never got into comic books. At some point in when I was enlisted a bunch came in as gifts when I was deployed somewhere. I took a comic book based off President Reagan and his cabinet. I never took it out of its plastic cover. It should be in one of my dressers. I believe that there were only 3 comics made in that series before it went bust. I hope that I have not lost it over the years.

Max Rockatansky
03-15-2015, 07:03 AM
Since there's a good chance either Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton (or both) will be the nominees of their respective parties for the 2016 Presidential election.........

I'm betting against any nominee with the last name of Bush or Clinton being on the ballot November 2016.

Chloe
03-15-2015, 07:54 AM
Somehow, someway ... I will find a way to manage my life with no comics. I have important books yet to read.

Yes you do. In fact, you can start with Moby Dick. As of now it's still just a fantasy that you've actually read it...

donttread
03-15-2015, 09:47 AM

Social Welfare:

Education:

Pre-College Education:

College Education:

Abortion:

Gay Marriage:

Immigration:

Drugs:

Foreign Policy:

Running Mate:

Not too shabby. For me it doesn't go quite far enough with state's rights or non interventionism but it's a hell of a lot better than what we are doing today.

donttread
03-15-2015, 09:48 AM
More than a couple but ill mention one, All drugs being legal. Also I dont trust states as much as you.

I dont think people should be treated different state by state.

Prohibition is an abject failure everywhere it has been tried in the modern world and state's rights are part of the Constitution

Bob
03-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Yes you do. In fact, you can start with Moby Dick. As of now it's still just a fantasy that you've actually read it...

I am in no hurry to read fiction. As you were told, I saw the movie.

Green Arrow
03-15-2015, 02:37 PM
I am in no hurry to read fiction. As you were told, I saw the movie.

A pity. There is some beautifully written fiction out there.

Then out of the blackness in his mind he thought that he heard Dernhelm speaking; yet now the voice seemed strange, recalling some other voice that he had known.

'Begone, foul dwimmerlaik, lord of carrion! Leave the dead in peace!'

A cold voice answered: 'Come not between the Nazgûl and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.'

A sword rang as it was drawn. 'Do what you will; but I will hinder it, if I may.'

'Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!'

Then Merry heard of all sounds in that hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel. 'But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.'

- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien

Bob
03-15-2015, 03:07 PM
The issue for me is not how beautiful the fiction is, but how beautiful the truth is written. Green Arrow

Green Arrow
03-15-2015, 03:12 PM
The issue for me is not how beautiful the fiction is, but how beautiful the truth is written. @Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868)

The funny thing about truth is that it can be found in all things, be it fiction or non-fiction.

Bob
03-15-2015, 03:15 PM
The funny thing about truth is that it can be found in all things, be it fiction or non-fiction.

Funny how you think. I see fiction as just what it is. They call it fiction for a reason.

Green Arrow
03-15-2015, 03:18 PM
Funny how you think. I see fiction as just what it is. They call it fiction for a reason.

The overarching work is fiction, yes, but that doesn't mean there is no truth to be found in it. Pilgrim's Progress is fiction, is there no truth in it? J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings is fiction, yet there are many statements of truth within that transcend the fiction that surrounds them.

Bob
03-15-2015, 03:45 PM
The overarching work is fiction, yes, but that doesn't mean there is no truth to be found in it. Pilgrim's Progress is fiction, is there no truth in it? J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings is fiction, yet there are many statements of truth within that transcend the fiction that surrounds them.

Good for you.

Hal Jordan
03-15-2015, 04:17 PM

If fiction is not valuable, why did Jesus use fiction to speak to a greater truth (see the parables)?

Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because Fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; Truth isn't.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/marktwain122865.html#KJURe5I7qdU6Pb5l.99

Remember, science fiction's always been the kind of first level alert to think about things to come. It's easier for an audience to take warnings from sci-fi without feeling that we're preaching to them. Every science fiction movie I have ever seen, any one that's worth its weight in celluloid, warns us about things that ultimately come true.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/stevenspie584117.html#sUXOTFCwKFMTRcCC.99

Reality is how we interpret it. Imagination and volition play a part in that interpretation. Which means that all reality is to some extent a fiction.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/y/yannmartel475349.html#ejCildeUjtcGuVIz.99

A petty reason perhaps why novelists more and more try to keep a distance from journalists is that novelists are trying to write the truth and journalists are trying to write fiction
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/grahamgree150809.html#GZkJ02IiQ6X3Ab3x.99

Nonfiction speaks to the head. Fiction speaks to the heart. Poetry speaks to the soul. It's the essence of beauty. The essence of pain. It pleases the eye and the ear.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/ellenhopki570718.html#jzkxXfwlY9s4RHfu.99

Journalism allows its readers to witness history; fiction gives its readers an opportunity to live it.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnhersey171826.html#R0SyJU8s4sfDwofl.99

One can be absolutely truthful and sincere even though admittedly the most outrageous liar. Fiction and invention are of the very fabric of life.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille399375.html#6hyA31e3tsd4yToP.99

Fiction is to the grown man what play is to the child; it is there that he changes the atmosphere and tenor of his life.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/robertloui205046.html#3vTWo0ZCv8T8wBtc.99

Literature is a luxury; fiction is a necessity.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/gilbertkc100787.html#UMXrbOM6xsoogZgR.99

Fiction reveals truth that reality obscures.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/ralphwaldo120410.html?src=t_fiction

Truth is so hard to tell, it sometimes needs fiction to make it plausible.
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/francisbac118731.html#Qd0l3ToDyEA31VHT.99

Fiction is vitally important for all of us.

Bob
03-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Chloe wake up today? I saw her post a couple times.

Chloe
03-15-2015, 10:25 PM
Chloe wake up today? I saw her post a couple times.

Bob
03-15-2015, 10:31 PM

Chloe looks pretty good as John Travolta, eh Green Arrow?

Common
03-15-2015, 10:34 PM

Bobby may I suggest leutin or a trip the opthamologist or new glass's, with the statement above it assures you may not be seeing well. Or were you being disengenuous again

Chloe
03-15-2015, 10:44 PM

Bob
03-15-2015, 10:49 PM

:happy1::stirthepot::smiley_ROFLMAO:

iustitia
03-15-2015, 11:12 PM
Chloe Laughing at, not with, yes?

Chloe
03-15-2015, 11:16 PM
@Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) Laughing at, not with, yes?

yes

Howey
03-15-2015, 11:31 PM
If fiction is not valuable, why did Jesus use fiction to speak to a greater truth (see the parables)?

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/marktwain122865.html#KJURe5I7qdU6Pb5l.99

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/s/stevenspie584117.html#sUXOTFCwKFMTRcCC.99

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/y/yannmartel475349.html#ejCildeUjtcGuVIz.99

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/grahamgree150809.html#GZkJ02IiQ6X3Ab3x.99

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/ellenhopki570718.html#jzkxXfwlY9s4RHfu.99

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/j/johnhersey171826.html#R0SyJU8s4sfDwofl.99

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/h/henrymille399375.html#6hyA31e3tsd4yToP.99

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/robertloui205046.html#3vTWo0ZCv8T8wBtc.99

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/g/gilbertkc100787.html#UMXrbOM6xsoogZgR.99

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/ralphwaldo120410.html?src=t_fiction

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/f/francisbac118731.html#Qd0l3ToDyEA31VHT.99

Fiction is vitally important for all of us.

It's like pictures. Sometimes a silly cartoon tells a thousand words.

Howey
03-15-2015, 11:33 PM

He really is a special one.

Cthulhu
03-16-2015, 02:18 AM
*grabs ears at Man of Steel reference*

If we don't say it out loud people will forget it sooner...

Sent from my evil kitten eating cell phone.

kilgram
03-16-2015, 02:47 AM
Is that seriously an issue? LOL.

It is time to have new blood and young leaders to progress. The oldies should retire and leave the world to the new generations and as much give some advice.

kilgram
03-16-2015, 02:56 AM
I wouldn't vote an anarchist into office. Why? It's antithetical to anarchism, well, libertarian anarchism, not authoritarian anarchism.
There is no authoritarian anarchism. If it is anarchist it is antiauthoritarian, if it is authoritarian, therefore it is not anarchism.

Green Arrow
03-16-2015, 03:00 AM

It is time to have new blood and young leaders to progress. The oldies should retire and leave the world to the new generations and as much give some advice.

Yes, it's an issue. You cannot legally run for President in the United States unless you are 35 years old or older.

Reason10
03-16-2015, 07:18 AM
In other words, you're running as a liberal Democrat.
There's already someone who has your platform. That person is NURSE RATCHED.
https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/iHuBWfL4DIstsKqT4iWZwQ--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9MjUwO3E9OTU7dz0yNTA-/http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/108827889/nurse_hillary_ratched_organic_cotton_tee.jpg?heigh t=250&width=250&padToSquare=true

nic34
03-16-2015, 07:34 AM

....and open up jobs for younger applicants...

iustitia
03-16-2015, 07:58 AM
https://s.yimg.com/fz/api/res/1.2/iHuBWfL4DIstsKqT4iWZwQ--/YXBwaWQ9c3JjaGRkO2g9MjUwO3E9OTU7dz0yNTA-/http://i1.cpcache.com/product_zoom/108827889/nurse_hillary_ratched_organic_cotton_tee.jpg?heigh t=250&width=250&padToSquare=true

Forever unclever.

Ransom
03-16-2015, 08:00 AM
....and open up jobs for younger applicants...

Open up jobs you believe are created in Washington.

Ransom
03-16-2015, 08:01 AM
You must admit. The Cuckoo's Nest nurse and Hillary do strike an amazing resemblance.

And they kinda look like each other too.

Green Arrow
03-16-2015, 01:26 PM

Hillary Clinton does not have my platform, and how many Democrats have you heard demand at least a ten year shut down of all immigration and a 100% secure border?

iustitia
03-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Hillary Clinton does not have my platform, and how many Democrats have you heard demand at least a ten year shut down of all immigration and a 100% secure border?

lib lib lib isolationist

'Murica

Peter1469
03-16-2015, 04:43 PM
Forever unclever.

Don't expect more than someone is capable of.

Reason10
03-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Forever unclever.

It was not meant to be clever. Artless liberals with single digit IQs cannot grasp clever, anyway.

Reason10
03-16-2015, 10:11 PM

Shall I count the ways?

First, Nurse Hillary Ratched is a liberal. She goes for liberal ideas, such as expanding the welfare state. Let's look at YOUR welfare state.

- Hire one social worker for every ten welfare recipients. The job of the social worker will be to make sure their ten recipients meet the qualifications for receiving welfare, as well as monitoring the home life of the recipients and helping them to get whatever they need to advance on the social ladder.
Basically, a welfare bum gets about 49 cents out of every dollar extorted from the taxpayers. That 51 cents is government's cut. And you've just INCREASED the government payroll. That's Clintonian in the biggest way possible.

That's a MAJOR liberal platform, coming directly from teachers' unions. Tell me again why Hillary Ratched wouldn't likewise support it.

- Two years free community college and trade schools, period.
A PURE liberal fairy tale. Community college is not free. Trade schools are not free. They are PAID FOR. And the typical liberal doesn't want the person who is actually getting the education to have to pay for it. The typical liberal EXTORTS this tuition from the average taxpayer, many of which will not be attending community college or have already graduated from a college they paid for.

However, I do not believe it is the responsibility of government to legislate against it, so I won't take any action for or against abortion.
RIGHT out of the Clinton handbook.

The other stuff you indicated is immaterial. You could be Hillary's running mate.

Green Arrow
03-16-2015, 10:36 PM
Shall I count the ways?

By all means. This should be entertaining.

First, Nurse Hillary Ratched is a liberal. She goes for liberal ideas, such as expanding the welfare state. Let's look at YOUR welfare state.

Basically, a welfare bum gets about 49 cents out of every dollar extorted from the taxpayers. That 51 cents is government's cut. And you've just INCREASED the government payroll. That's Clintonian in the biggest way possible.

Ah, but you're ignoring the fact that those social workers exist to add more oversight in welfare and make sure it's not being abused, and also to help the people on welfare get off of welfare.

That's a MAJOR liberal platform, coming directly from teachers' unions. Tell me again why Hillary Ratched wouldn't likewise support it.

It's not a liberal platform, it's a common sense platform. Large classes mean less education.

A PURE liberal fairy tale. Community college is not free. Trade schools are not free. They are PAID FOR. And the typical liberal doesn't want the person who is actually getting the education to have to pay for it. The typical liberal EXTORTS this tuition from the average taxpayer, many of which will not be attending community college or have already graduated from a college they paid for.

It's not a fairy tale, liberal or otherwise. My home state of Tennessee, a state run by a Republican supermajority in the legislature and a Republican governor, implemented this plan last year. It's paid for by the lottery, which is a voluntary purchase.

RIGHT out of the Clinton handbook.

Except it's not, as Hillary supports legislation for abortion.

The other stuff you indicated is immaterial. You could be Hillary's running mate.

Try again.

Common
03-16-2015, 10:54 PM
Im voting for ya GA

Reason10
03-16-2015, 11:47 PM
Ah, but you're ignoring the fact that those social workers exist to add more oversight in welfare and make sure it's not being abused, and also to help the people on welfare get off of welfare.
Have you EVER heard of such a thing happening in government? EVER? More people are hired to do WHAT? Find waste so their services are no longer needed? SERIOUSLY? Have you MET our government yet?
The ONLY real oversight is SLASHING THE BUDGET. Make the bureaucrats RATION the reduced funds to ONLY the most needy. That's the ONLY way that will work.

It's not a liberal platform, it's a common sense platform. Large classes mean less education.
The Japanese have larger classes than ours. They kick our asssses, education wise.

It's not a fairy tale, liberal or otherwise. My home state of Tennessee, a state run by a Republican supermajority in the legislature and a Republican governor, implemented this plan last year. It's paid for by the lottery, which is a voluntary purchase.

Bottom line, IT IS NOT FREE. People are PAID to teach. Buildings are paid for. Materials are paid for. And if money is coming from people who are not using the facilities, it is robbery, plain and simple. But IT IS NOT FREE. Just because a burglar doesn't pay for the jewelry he steals does not mean they are free. He's certainly going to try to get as much from a fence that he can.

Except it's not, as Hillary supports legislation for abortion.
Unless you are actively lobbying to reduce the number of abortions and one day change America's heart so there are no more abortions, you are PRO ABORTION, no different from Hillary.

Green Arrow
03-17-2015, 12:36 AM
Have you EVER heard of such a thing happening in government? EVER? More people are hired to do WHAT? Find waste so their services are no longer needed? SERIOUSLY? Have you MET our government yet?
The ONLY real oversight is SLASHING THE BUDGET. Make the bureaucrats RATION the reduced funds to ONLY the most needy. That's the ONLY way that will work.

That is incorrect. The state of Missouri passed a law requiring funds from the lottery to be applied only to fixing the roads and schools as intended, and the law has been a major success. Vice President Hal Jordan can tell you more about that one.

Furthermore, slashing the budget won't make them use the money properly, it will only ensure even less money is going where it is needed.

The Japanese have larger classes than ours. They kick our asssses, education wise.

There's no comparison. We have two completely different cultures. In the United States, individualism is valued and nurtured. In Japan, it is not so. You can't force a group-oriented class system on an individualist culture and expect it to work, just like you can't force an individualist class system on a group-oriented culture.

Bottom line, IT IS NOT FREE. People are PAID to teach. Buildings are paid for. Materials are paid for. And if money is coming from people who are not using the facilities, it is robbery, plain and simple. But IT IS NOT FREE. Just because a burglar doesn't pay for the jewelry he steals does not mean they are free. He's certainly going to try to get as much from a fence that he can.

Again, there's no theft involved. You pay the state of [insert state here] for lottery tickets. The state is then free to use that money however they want. Unless you're going to suggest that Walmart can only spend my money the way I want them to...

Unless you are actively lobbying to reduce the number of abortions and one day change America's heart so there are no more abortions, you are PRO ABORTION, no different from Hillary.

I am absolutely doing everything I can to make sure we reduce the number of abortions and eventually work toward near-complete elimination of abortion. I just don't believe we'll ever accomplish that by trying to legislate it away.

Cthulhu
03-17-2015, 02:17 AM
Tactical nuke?

Cthulhu
03-17-2015, 02:22 AM
I'll run against Green Arrow.

But the differences will be minor on some things but also glaringly obvious on others.

Cthulhu
03-17-2015, 02:24 AM
I'll make sure I flee the country before then.

Cthulhu
03-17-2015, 03:36 AM
And hey, at the very least, I could be appointed as some Czar over something if only to fore everyone and dismantle it.

...but I'm still gonna run against you GA.

Reason10
03-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Here's the big problem with this entire thread. (Well, let's just say here are the fallacies this thread is built on.)

1. Hillary is no longer a foregone conclusion. Between the e-mail scandal, her general unlikeability and the obvious efforts on the part of the Obama regime to derail any chance she has, you might as well stick a fork in her. She's done.

2. Jeb Bush was NEVER a foregone conclusion. He never had the drive to run for the office of president. He was the darling of the left wing Republican donor class, but his current poll numbers are tanking.

3. There isn't a definitive Democrat Party candidate on the horizon, but no matter who steps forward that person is dead meat.

4. Scott Walker is being received like a rock star everywhere he goes. He is campaigning like Reagan. He has a VERY successful track record as a Governor and if there's ANY foregone conclusion, it'll probably be him. Just look at how hard the forum retards (better known as forum liberals) are going after him for every nit picky problem. Walker is about like Reagan was in 1980.