PDA

View Full Version : If Israel was invaded...

iustitia
03-13-2015, 09:43 PM
If Israel was invaded in a replay of Six Day War in which all the Arab states ganged up on Israel, what should America's response be?

Common
03-13-2015, 09:45 PM
We would defend israel Id bet

del
03-13-2015, 09:46 PM
send john boehner to address the knesset

Calypso Jones
03-13-2015, 10:24 PM
this president would love that. He's invested in the twelfth imam.

these things have to happen in the end times before Christ's return.

we're almost there.

http://www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs/seven-prophecies-must-be-fulfilled-jesus-christs-return/

Peter1469
03-13-2015, 10:38 PM
Popcorn? Israel would make short work of them. We couldn't get anything much more than our ready brigade there in that time. And they don't need our ready brigade to break the Arab armies. And then we can sell them arms and ammo after they won.

The Xl
03-13-2015, 10:40 PM
It should be nothing

Green Arrow
03-13-2015, 10:40 PM
I think it would depend on a number of factors.

Cthulhu
03-13-2015, 10:42 PM
If Israel was invaded in a replay of Six Day War in which all the Arab states ganged up on Israel, what should America's response be?
Eat popcorn and watch.

On an HD screen of course. Maybe they could stream it on a mobile device platform?

But I would rather eat pizza and play with my kids than watch handicapped chimpanzees duke it out.

Sent from my evil kitten eating cell phone.

Peter1469
03-13-2015, 10:43 PM
The Six Day War was named that for a reason. If was 6 days.

Green Arrow
03-13-2015, 10:47 PM
The Six Day War was named that for a reason. If was 6 days.

It was also fifty years ago with entirely different dynamics in place. For one thing, Netanyahu is no Golda Meir.

Peter1469
03-13-2015, 10:52 PM
It was also fifty years ago with entirely different dynamics in place. For one thing, Netanyahu is no Golda Meir.
Golda Meir was not at the front. Israeli soldiers were- they won the fight.

I know how Arabs fight. They lack discipline and have no grasp of simple tactics or strategy. Look at the differences in the casualties.

Israel has nothing to worry about.

Cthulhu
03-13-2015, 10:58 PM
Golda Meir was not at the front. Israeli soldiers were- they won the fight.

I know how Arabs fight. They lack discipline and have no grasp of simple tactics or strategy. Look at the differences in the casualties.

Israel has nothing to worry about.
Not entirely true. Some real jack wagons were teaching them good L ambushes a while back. Mercs without a conscience are a problem of sorts.

But most of them? Agreed.

Peter1469
03-13-2015, 11:01 PM
Not entirely true. Some real jack wagons were teaching them good L ambushes a while back. Mercs without a conscience are a problem of sorts.

But most of them? Agreed.

You can teach them. Will they retain it? They are inherently a lazy people.

Cthulhu
03-13-2015, 11:09 PM
You can teach them. Will they retain it? They are inherently a lazy people.
Learn it? Yes.... Sort of...

Retain? Nope.

They are a vile, idle, and loathsome people. At least the ones I was around.

Peter1469
03-13-2015, 11:15 PM
Learn it? Yes.... Sort of...

Retain? Nope.

They are a vile, idle, and loathsome people. At least the ones I was around.

They had a couple of honorable ones.

donttread
03-14-2015, 09:18 AM

I say mind our own business . However this should be made clear now, not after the fact

Mister D
03-14-2015, 09:43 AM
I'm a little ambivalent. I want to say nothing but there are influential elements here who would suggest resettling the Israelis in Florida or NY should the going get rough.

Max Rockatansky
03-14-2015, 09:45 AM
Popcorn? Israel would make short work of them. We couldn't get anything much more than our ready brigade there in that time. And they don't need our ready brigade to break the Arab armies. And then we can sell them arms and ammo after they won.

Agreed Israel would take them, but if they lost, I expect they'd go nuclear.

The Sage of Main Street
03-14-2015, 10:39 AM
If Israel was invaded in a replay of Six Day War in which all the Arab states ganged up on Israel, what should America's response be? Unlike 1967, don't play both sides by sending a spy ship to prevent "too big" of an Israeli victory. And don't pressure them to ever give back the territory they won.

Lineman
03-14-2015, 06:16 PM

Stay out of it. Let isreal handle its own problems. How long before they get past the 1940s?

Peter1469
03-14-2015, 06:35 PM
Israel can easily handle any conventional attack. No need to hold it's hand.

Cthulhu
03-14-2015, 06:52 PM
I'm a little ambivalent. I want to say nothing but there are influential elements here who would suggest resettling the Israelis in Florida or NY should the going get rough.
They wouldn't be good neighbors. Ask the Palestinian people.

Bob
03-14-2015, 07:37 PM

What the hell? She is dead. Netanyahu is very able to protect Israel.

Green Arrow
03-14-2015, 07:51 PM
What the hell? She is dead. Netanyahu is very able to protect Israel.

Israelis apparently disagree. Looks like he'll be supplanted by Bougie and Tzipi.

zelmo1234
03-14-2015, 07:51 PM
Well I say we have treaties and agreements and we have given our word!

So I would say that we need to be true to our word. That being said, I suspect that Peter is right, and that we would not have enough time to get troops into place to help!

The big thing is to not call them off, let them get the job done!

Bob
03-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Israelis apparently disagree. Looks like he'll be supplanted by Bougie and Tzipi.

Not over his being able to defend Israel. The election is not today. Even should those two win, it does mean Netanyahu can't be prime minister again.