PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Brown says leave Hillary alone

Bo-4
03-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Brown is a smart guy, but he's wrong about this one. An uncontested & "inevitable" Hillary will put ALL the attention on Republicans and she'll fizzle, likely arriving ill-prepared for the general election campaign.

“I can’t think of anything I’d rather have less if I were running for president than to have a competitor in the primary,” the California governor said, speaking to reporters at the White House on Friday afternoon following a series of meetings with staff about climate change. Brown said he didn’t see the need for an internal party fight.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/hillary-clinton-primaries-jerry-brown-116066.html?hp=l2_3

Peter1469
03-14-2015, 12:27 PM
She won't run.

Bo-4
03-14-2015, 12:31 PM
She won't run.

I kind of hope you're right ... but you aren't. ;-)

PolWatch
03-14-2015, 12:31 PM
I have been saying for the last 2 months (at least) that I'm suspicious. Her delay in announcing (when she is leading in the polls) is odd.

Peter1469
03-14-2015, 12:43 PM
I kind of hope you're right ... but you aren't. ;-)

If a prediction is not bold, is it really a prediction?

Bo-4
03-14-2015, 12:51 PM
If a prediction is not bold, is it really a prediction?

Lol, i suppose not. Here's a bold prediction: Chris Christie is in doo doo SO deep right now, there's no way he's gonna run.

http://www.ibtimes.com/hours-after-exxon-settlement-chris-christie-attends-secretive-event-hosted-exxon-1838686

Peter1469
03-14-2015, 12:54 PM
Lol, i suppose not. Here's a bold prediction: Chris Christie is in doo doo SO deep right now, there's no way he's gonna run.

http://www.ibtimes.com/hours-after-exxon-settlement-chris-christie-attends-secretive-event-hosted-exxon-1838686

You prove my point. Most people think that themselves already. When he doesn't run, nobody is going to remember you said it.

Green Arrow
03-14-2015, 12:58 PM
I have been saying for the last 2 months (at least) that I'm suspicious. Her delay in announcing (when she is leading in the polls) is odd.

I said awhile back that she isn't going to run, and is just putting it off to shield whoever runs from the brunt of media attacks. Let the GOP waste their money attacking her, only for her to announce she isn't running. Then they have to play catch-up on whoever is running.

Bo-4
03-14-2015, 01:15 PM
I said awhile back that she isn't going to run, and is just putting it off to shield whoever runs from the brunt of media attacks. Let the GOP waste their money attacking her, only for her to announce she isn't running. Then they have to play catch-up on whoever is running.

Don't agree that's what's going on but you make another good case for a real Dem primary. If Hilly is the only one running, she'll take 100% of the brunt from her attack dogs. Give her 5 or 6 competitors, and that lightens her load.

PolWatch
03-14-2015, 01:18 PM
The only dem that I know has announced any interest is Webb and I don't think he would get the dem nomination. I suspect no one wants to incur Hillary's wrath....her support will make or break a nominee.

Bo-4
03-14-2015, 01:23 PM
The only dem that I know has announced any interest is Webb and I don't think he would get the dem nomination. I suspect no one wants to incur Hillary's wrath....her support will make or break a nominee.

Martin O'Malley and Bernie Sanders look pretty interested. Biden is a maybe and i still think Warren might jump in. Again, it's early and there's plenty of time for all this to shake out. And no real advantage to Hillary declaring prior to around June.

Green Arrow
03-14-2015, 01:58 PM

If the Democrats were smart, they'd all get behind Webb. Webb is a great candidate precisely because he can pull support from all sides, particularly among conservative independents that won't want Jeb.

Bo-4
03-14-2015, 02:03 PM
If the Democrats were smart, they'd all get behind Webb. Webb is a great candidate precisely because he can pull support from all sides, particularly among conservative independents that won't want Jeb.

He's a good guy and a strong candidate. If only he could find a way to be a tad less dull.

The Sage of Main Street
03-14-2015, 02:05 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com/hours-after-exxon-settlement-chris-christie-attends-secretive-event-hosted-exxon-1838686 Christie is smart in the way he used his magical powers. He ordered a snowstorm heading for New Jersey to go to DC instead. This made the other candidates hurriedly skim through a politically fatal lovenote to the Ayatollahs. It also saved the not-@ Chris from the embarrassment of turning his state into an igloo because of an underfunded snow-removal department.

PolWatch
03-14-2015, 02:06 PM
He's a good guy and a strong candidate. If only he could find a way to be a tad less dull.

guess it depends on if you are looking for a president or a homecoming king....

Green Arrow
03-14-2015, 02:10 PM

He could be as bright and preppy as Lurch and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. We're looking for a President of the United States, not President of the Glee Club.

The Sage of Main Street
03-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Martin O'Malley and Bernie Sanders look pretty interested. Biden is a maybe and i still think Warren might jump in. Again, it's early and there's plenty of time for all this to shake out. And no real advantage to Hillary declaring prior to around June. How's Terry McAuliffe doing as Governor of Virginia?

Terry may be wary
Because the former DN-
C's head's
Worst nightmare is
The Walker and Ryan
Cheeseheads

Calypso Jones
03-14-2015, 02:15 PM
he didn't get his way on gun bans.

Bo-4
03-14-2015, 02:20 PM
He could be as bright and preppy as Lurch and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. We're looking for a President of the United States, not President of the Glee Club.

Fair points GA and Pol, but a little charisma never hurt a candidate. The lack of such has killed many a decent candidate with the public at large.

Bo-4
03-14-2015, 02:39 PM
he didn't get his way on gun bans.

I think he's got pretty good bipartisan support at this juncture. Brown has done well considering the mess he inherited from Ah-nold.

In the first month of Brown’s historic fourth term, 61 percent of California adults approve of the way he is handling his job, according to the poll released Wednesday by the Public Policy Institute of California. That is up from 54 percent in December and runs 20 percentage points higher than when Brown took office in January 2011.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article8473271.html

The Sage of Main Street
03-15-2015, 01:02 PM
I think he's got pretty good bipartisan support at this juncture. Brown has done well considering the mess he inherited from Ah-nold.

In the first month of Brown’s historic fourth term, 61 percent of California adults approve of the way he is handling his job, according to the poll released Wednesday by the Public Policy Institute of California. That is up from 54 percent in December and runs 20 percentage points higher than when Brown took office in January 2011.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article8473271.html

Moonbeam is another spoiled and conceited, sheltered and ignorant HeirHead. We won't have democracy until we outlaw anyone from holding office if his father did.

Peter1469
03-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Moonbeam is another spoiled and conceited, sheltered and ignorant HeirHead. We won't have democracy until we outlaw anyone from holding office if his father did.

:shocked:

Bo-4
03-15-2015, 01:15 PM

I can't stand Royalty. Works for me!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hq9mko.png

birddog
03-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Martin O'Malley and Bernie Sanders look pretty interested. Biden is a maybe and i still think Warren might jump in. Again, it's early and there's plenty of time for all this to shake out. And no real advantage to Hillary declaring prior to around June.

For various reasons such as lack of likability in sanders case, and age and silliness in Biden's case, it will be between Webb or Warren.

I wonder if Evan Byah or someone else may jump in.

The Sage of Main Street
03-16-2015, 10:13 AM
For various reasons such as lack of likability in sanders case, and age and silliness in Biden's case, it will be between Webb or Warren.

I wonder if Evan Byah or someone else may jump in. Byah is another HeirHead, all of whom should be disqualified from holding office, unless we want to name things for what they really are and call Congress a House of Lords. His Daddy, Birch Bayh, was a Senator from 1963 -198l.

Little Eva's prep school, the same one aristocratic snobs Al Gore and Neil Bush went to, cost $2l,837 a year. What could these sheltered elitists possibly have in common with real Americans? How is America exceptionalist if it allows the spread of this Old World guillotine-fodder dynastic virus?

Captain Obvious
03-16-2015, 10:16 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/60292424.jpg

texan
03-16-2015, 10:20 AM

Here is what is sad, the democrats have zero on the bench! That is sad.........I mean all they do is mention Hillary and nobody else.......They should have people, especially with a sitting VP.............Sad there is no competition. It is like she is an incumbent and no one will run......inevitable, not!