PDA

View Full Version : Well we all knew it was a LIE

Cigar
03-16-2015, 07:27 AM
McConnell Says He'll Delay Lynch Confirmation Until Senate Votes Bill With Anti Abortion Language

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Sunday that the Senate would delay the confirmation of Loretta Lynch to succeed Attorney General Eric Holder until it resolved a bill that Democrats object to because it contains anti-abortion language.

Before the Senate considers Lynch's nomination, McConnell wants the Senate to pass the Justice for Victims of Trafficking Act. The bill, which would establish a fund for victims of human trafficking, had bipartisan support until Democrats learned it contained language that restricted federal funds for abortion. Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has said the bill will not pass as long as it contains the language.

"I had hoped to turn to her next week, but if we can't finish the trafficking bill, she will be put off again," McConnell said, referring to Lynch, on CNN's "State of the Union."

McConnell had previously said Lynch's nomination would come to the floor this week. McConnell claims Democrats supported the trafficking legislation when they voted to pass it out of the Senate Judiciary Committee, but Democrats say they did not know the bill contained anti-abortion language. McConnell is refusing to pull the language.

Read more: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/15/mitch-mcconnell-loretta-lynch_n_6872716.html

They are now showing who they are and always have been... :laugh:

I like Eric Holder anyway ... maybe he sould ivesigaate a few more cities in MO since he's going to stay :grin:

PolWatch
03-16-2015, 07:31 AM
Here we go again....this technique worked so well on the Immigration/DHS issue.

Cigar
03-16-2015, 07:39 AM
Here we go again....this technique worked so well on the Immigration/DHS issue.

Hey ... obviously The GOP is beginning to love Eric Holder :grin:

Safety
03-16-2015, 07:43 AM
It just goes to show that it is just smoke and mirrors with those who scream at the top of their lungs about how racist Holder is. For if that were the case, shouldn't the confirmation hearing have taken place as soon as practically possible?

My shocked face... :shocked:

Cigar
03-16-2015, 07:45 AM
It just goes to show that it is just smoke and mirrors with those who scream at the top of their lungs about how racist Holder is. For if that were the case, shouldn't the confirmation hearing have taken place as soon as practically possible?

My shocked face... :shocked:

It's been over 4 months ...

If I was Obama I'd send Eric Holder back on the Road to look at some more Police Departments :laugh: