PDA

View Full Version : What is the Single Main Political Issue that drives you to Vote today?

Cigar
03-16-2015, 12:48 PM
I'll start ... The single main issue that I believe in key to America's future is investment in Education.

Most educated people don't just want to work, they want to be productive.

Most Productive People want to innovate and make a difference in the world.

Most people who have the desire to make a difference, usually succeed.

Most successful people make change and provide value. Success breads more success and a can-do attitude.

If you don't believe you can, it's a great chance you won't. :wink:

Captain Obvious
03-16-2015, 12:50 PM
This is the one everyone likes to say they're most interested in but that's bullshit.

Jobs and taxes.

texan
03-16-2015, 12:51 PM
Barak Obama's failure, especially his foreign policy thus-far............makes me want to vote.

PolWatch
03-16-2015, 12:52 PM
Interesting question. I don't think there is one single issue that influences my vote. I tend to look at their platform on social issues because I think that gives insight into their overall feelings on how much government we need. If they think that Big Brother has the right and/or obligation to make personal decisions for adults, I don't want anything to do with them.

texan
03-16-2015, 12:54 PM
I will add his lie of the century makes me want to punish the democrats, they all knew they were lying and deceiving but went right along pissing down our backs and telling us it was rain. HC I am for, lying to me about it in that fashion I hate......

Cigar
03-16-2015, 12:56 PM
This is the one everyone likes to say they're most interested in but that's bull$#@!.

Jobs and taxes.

Nope ... you don't get 2 ... just 1 :laugh:

Cigar
03-16-2015, 12:56 PM
Barak Obama's failure, especially his foreign policy thus-far............makes me want to vote.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--5Z6aLgbR--/19aejg3xa5prppng.png

Cigar
03-16-2015, 12:57 PM
I will add his lie of the century makes me want to punish the democrats, they all knew they were lying and deceiving but went right along pissing down our backs and telling us it was rain. HC I am for, lying to me about it in that fashion I hate......

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--5Z6aLgbR--/19aejg3xa5prppng.pnghttp://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--5Z6aLgbR--/19aejg3xa5prppng.png

texan
03-16-2015, 12:59 PM
I just returned the punt for a touchdown against your weak defense.

Mister D
03-16-2015, 01:06 PM
I'll start ... The single main issue that I believe in key to America's future is investment in Education.

Most successful people make change and provide value. Success breads more success and a can-do attitude.

We invest generously in education. It's time some people...ahem...took their education seriously.

Mister D
03-16-2015, 01:08 PM
This is the one everyone likes to say they're most interested in but that's bull$#@!.

Jobs and taxes.

The horizons of Americans are pretty much limited to economics. It really is jobs, taxes, and so forth.

Captain Obvious
03-16-2015, 01:10 PM
The horizons of Americans are pretty much limited to economics. It really is jobs, taxes, and so forth.

Agreed.

Cigar
03-16-2015, 01:14 PM
Agreed.

This sums up American Politics ... I doubt anyone here would put email, but guess what the people who drive legislation are doing?

PolWatch
03-16-2015, 01:17 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.607991035434961202&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Mister D
03-16-2015, 01:31 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.607991035434961202&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
kilgram great sport. A great tradition!

southwest88
03-16-2015, 01:34 PM
This sums up American Politics ... I doubt anyone here would put email, but guess what the people who drive legislation are doing?

I agree that the priority is human investment. Education tops the list, followed by health care, infrastructure, science & technology policy, nutrition policy. We need more investment in STEM & R&D, whether it's direct federal funding or tax subsidies - I think fed-subsidized tends to be military - useful, but not the best bang for the buck.

That's a good start, anyway.

nic34
03-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Hillary's emails....

Captain Obvious
03-16-2015, 01:37 PM

Bull fighting is a lot like NASCAR, some people (me) would only watch it for the gore.

Cigar
03-16-2015, 01:39 PM
http://inegaleri.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/attentionspan-1.jpg

Captain Obvious
03-16-2015, 01:41 PM
http://inegaleri.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/attentionspan-1.jpg

http://www.troll.me/images/pondering-retard/i-love-bad-potatoes-thats-my-fucking-problem.jpg

The Sage of Main Street
03-16-2015, 02:06 PM

If you don't believe you can, it's a great chance you won't. :wink: Pay students for their grades. Anything else is an insult to intelligence. Preparation is the most important part of production.

The present class-biased indentured-servitude college education is fit only for rich kids living off an allowance and ambitious imbeciles who are afraid to grow up. Besides giving their own brats an overwhelming advantage, the economic bullies support this system because Fat Cats Love Mice. Those mice, when their brown-nosing finally pays off, become bitter and vindictive rats, taking it out on those who had too much self-respect to conform instead of on the corporate parasites who subjected them to this unfunded mandate.

The Sage of Main Street
03-16-2015, 02:13 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.607991035434961202&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 Isn't that matador wearing a pantsuit? Well, Sarah Palin has convinced me that is the main issue confronting us today.

Chris
03-16-2015, 02:27 PM
I don't vote.

My issue is with government. It's too intrusive on us individual and socially. It needs to leave us alone.

Also, its made up of crooks who sell most of us out to the rich corporations. It needs to be prosecuted and imprisoned.

Cigar
03-16-2015, 02:53 PM
I don't vote.

My issue is with government. It's too intrusive on us individual and socially. It needs to leave us alone.

Also, its made up of crooks who sell most of us out to the rich corporations. It needs to be prosecuted and imprisoned.

Then get off the internet and use your tin-can and string. :vrolijk_26:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP5tcqj64lKWoEZ4JO99erOr_zRjWQQ 8PcCqxkOOv8ILgwkZnlNg

texan
03-16-2015, 02:56 PM
Ironic that voting doesn't require the internet....

Cigar
03-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Pay students for their grades. Anything else is an insult to intelligence. Preparation is the most important part of production.

The present class-biased indentured-servitude college education is fit only for rich kids living off an allowance and ambitious imbeciles who are afraid to grow up. Besides giving their own brats an overwhelming advantage, the economic bullies support this system because Fat Cats Love Mice. Those mice, when their brown-nosing finally pays off, become bitter and vindictive rats, taking it out on those who had too much self-respect to conform instead of on the corporate parasites who subjected them to this unfunded mandate.

The Vast Majority (NOT ALL), but defiantly The Majority of people on this Forum had Parents and Grand-Parents who benefited from from Government Housing, GI-Bill and many Public Educations advantages that produced a Thriving Middle Class. Many of you wouldn't be where you are now without a Strong Government assistance, Roads, Bridges and Infrastructure your predecessors and yourself enjoy today.

Cigar
03-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Ironic that voting doesn't require the internet....

Someone to listen to bitching and complaining does :laugh:

del
03-16-2015, 03:11 PM
ebola

Chris
03-16-2015, 03:22 PM
Then get off the internet and use your tin-can and string. :vrolijk_26:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTP5tcqj64lKWoEZ4JO99erOr_zRjWQQ 8PcCqxkOOv8ILgwkZnlNg

There's a new bill in Congress Obama approves of called the Tin-can and String Neutrality Bill. So that won't help.

Bo-4
03-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Ditto here Cigar. My Mom dedicated her life to education.. after her university teaching career ended she became president of a SoCal school board.

kilgram
03-16-2015, 05:03 PM
@kilgram (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=867) great sport. A great tradition!
Yes for murderers. Only enjoy it murderers and other nasty people. Only psychopaths can enjoy with that.

kilgram
03-16-2015, 05:04 PM
Why did you post such nasty picture?

I don't see how someone can post a picture of torture.

zelmo1234
03-16-2015, 06:01 PM
My issue of course is the size and intrusion of government.

the more the candidate is willing to turn back over to the states, the better I like him, or her

southwest88
03-16-2015, 06:30 PM
Isn't that matador wearing a pantsuit? Well, Sarah Palin has convinced me that is the main issue confronting us today.

You'll notice that there are no old, fat, incompetent slow matadores. If one is fool enough to climb into the arena, we are shortly lighting candles for his soul down to the local iglesia.

It's a very tough learning curve, & the retirement plan is absolutely brutal. ĦQue viva!

Mister D
03-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Yes for murderers. Only enjoy it murderers and other nasty people. Only psychopaths can enjoy with that.

You can murder a cow?

The Xl
03-16-2015, 06:35 PM
I don't have just one. Foreign policy, free speech, equal rights, stable and honest economics, among other things, are all important to me

TheDictator
03-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Freedom with Responsibility--not anarchy like the Libertarians and some democrats want.

Liberty with morality -- Liberal are killing our culture

Governance with Justice -- The Police are not the problem, but Black Culture is.

Human Rights not special rights

Chris
03-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Freedom with Responsibility--not anarchy like the Libertarians and some democrats want.

Liberty with morality -- Liberal are killing our culture

Governance with Justice -- The Police are not the problem, but Black Culture is.

Human Rights not special rights

That fairly libertarian. Anarchy means rules without rulers, iow, freedom with responsibility and liberty with morality within the governance, not government, of the existing social order.

Common
03-16-2015, 07:02 PM
My issue is and always has been since Im not a republican and now an independent. THE LITTLE GUY, the working guy, the ones that have been put out of work and now underpaid by outsourcing by the greedy scum the republicans defend and get all their money from

TheDictator
03-16-2015, 07:22 PM
That fairly libertarian. Anarchy means rules without rulers, iow, freedom with responsibility and liberty with morality within the governance, not government, of the existing social order.

Not sure what your saying here?

kilgram
03-16-2015, 07:30 PM
You can murder a cow?
No, but you can torture it and enjoy it with the torture of an animal. And it shows what kind of morality has that person and how dark is his heart.

Mister D
03-16-2015, 07:52 PM
No, but you can torture it and enjoy it with the torture of an animal. And it shows what kind of morality has that person and how dark is his heart.

So you can't murder a cow. I'm glad to hear that. I was a little shocked by your wording.

Do you eat meat, kilgram?

Bo-4
03-16-2015, 08:39 PM

Don't feel bad. You could read another several hundred of his posts and you still wouldn't know ;-)

metheron
03-16-2015, 08:45 PM
With most issues, I can't find a politician to represent me. So while there are many important issues, it is the politicians themselves that drive me to NOT vote today.

Reason10
03-17-2015, 07:27 AM

We're spending more on education these days than at any other time in history. Our schools are graduating morons who can't read their diplomas.

Cigar
03-17-2015, 07:31 AM
We're spending more on education these days than at any other time in history. Our schools are graduating morons who can't read their diplomas.

So pushing kids through schools uneducated is the kids faults :laugh:

Chris
03-17-2015, 07:36 AM

What you describe as important to you are mostly share with anarchy. Perhaps you don't know what anarchy is and you were just attacking a label.

Chris
03-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Don't feel bad. You could read another several hundred of his posts and you still wouldn't know ;-)

Don't worry about bo, we know what he says, and it's all trolling.

The Sage of Main Street
03-17-2015, 10:28 AM
You'll notice that there are no old, fat, incompetent slow matadores. If one is fool enough to climb into the arena, we are shortly lighting candles for his soul down to the local iglesia.

It's a very tough learning curve, & the retirement plan is absolutely brutal. ĦQue viva! Hemingway wrote about this brave manliness in The Sun Also Rises and Death in the Afternoon. Only PETA pipsqueaks care about the bulls, which are probably happy to die this way.

The Sage of Main Street
03-17-2015, 10:36 AM

Not sure what your saying here? Once you have been Christened, the Holy Ghost will enable you to speak in tongues.

Ransom
03-17-2015, 10:37 AM
Scope and overreach of government intruding on our rights.

Chris
03-17-2015, 10:38 AM
Once you have been Christened, the Holy Ghost will enable you to speak in tongues.

So says the Jackson Pollock of posting.

Mac-7
03-17-2015, 10:40 AM
So pushing kids through schools uneducated is the kids faults :laugh:

Its the kids fault for not learning, the single moms fault for not caring, and the lib educators for passing the kids who did not learn.

The Sage of Main Street
03-17-2015, 10:45 AM
With most issues, I can't find a politician to represent me. So while there are many important issues, it is the politicians themselves that drive me to NOT vote today. Having government by referendum (direct democracy) will solve that. The politicians should be just law clerks writing up bills only we, the people, should be allowed to vote on. We should elect a voting czar to determine which bills are important enough. The Framers gave us representatives, not representation.

Ransom
03-17-2015, 10:54 AM
The proper one issue is of course education. I mean.....one reads through these threads....notes the obvious and glaring domination by the Left wing.....reads through their nonsense wondering what planet they come from.....lack of an education the conclusion our greatest threat and largest looming long term issue.

Oh...almost forgot my link showing you this isn't Ransom's argument....look at any objective study and were consistently becoming less skilled.

Our youth has much to answer for.....problem is, they think it's someone else's fault.

https://ricochet.com/u-s-millennials-fall-far-behind-educational-average/

Ransom
03-17-2015, 10:57 AM
Literacy: Out of 22 participating countries, U.S. millennials ranked third from the bottom, beating only Spain and Italy.
Numeracy: U.S. millennials ranked last, tied with Spain and Italy.
PS-TRE: U.S. millennials also ranked last, along with the Slovak Republic, Ireland, and Poland.
Goo f'n news though......we ranked first in victimization. First in show me the money irresponsibility. And tied for first for lack of historical perspective...we actually won a tie breaker there though, I sent in this forum's threads concerning the Iraq War for example....those that determine had no choice but to rank us first place in sheer historical ignorance.

Ransom
03-17-2015, 10:59 AM
Case any of you think this comes down to averages....

Not only that, when ETS singled out the top-performing millennials, U.S. students still ranked second to last. Even though a higher percentage of young adults are getting higher levels of education, the numeracy scores have dropped. America is handing out more and more diplomas while actual learning is dropping lower and lower.

So our best and brightest........second to last?

My...what a proud moment to be an American to read through this.

Education....our children need to come first, they're the first item on the agenda...or at least should be.

Cigar
03-17-2015, 11:00 AM
Its the kids fault for not learning, the single moms fault for not caring, and the lib educators for passing the kids who did not learn.

... and your solution would be what?

Mac-7
03-17-2015, 11:10 AM
... and your solution would be what?

Start by ending welfare that is helping to create all these unteachable Obama voters.

Mac-7
03-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Case any of you think this comes down to averages....

Not only that, when ETS singled out the top-performing millennials, U.S. students still ranked second to last. Even though a higher percentage of young adults are getting higher levels of education, the numeracy scores have dropped. America is handing out more and more diplomas while actual learning is dropping lower and lower.

So our best and brightest........second to last?

My...what a proud moment to be an American to read through this.

Education....our children need to come first, they're the first item on the agenda...or at least should be.

In international tests of math and science American kids finish dead last.

donttread
03-17-2015, 03:50 PM

Federal abuse of the Constitution