PDA

View Full Version : They Want To Take Your Medicare

Howey
03-17-2015, 05:43 PM
I said six years ago when the teabaggers were screaming to the right "Don't take away my Medicare!", ignorantly not realize it was their own party that wanted to do so.

Now, the new Republican budged plans to do just that, as well as dessimate Medicaid, Food stamps, Pell Grant, and more. But increase Defense spending!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/17/republican-budget_n_6885244.html

First on Republicans' cutting list is repealing the Affordable Care Act, Obama's signature health care law. That would reduce expenditures by about $2.04 trillion over 10 years, according to Price's plan.

He also would cut $913 billion in Medicaid spending by shifting it to a grant program to allow states to tailor the health care program for the poor. Price's plan would do the same for some other social safety net programs, including food stamps. Pell grants for college tuition would also shrink.

Price also recycles a controversial revamp of Medicare pioneered by his predecessor, Paul Ryan. It turns the fee-for-service health care program for seniors into a "premium-support" system of subsidies for private insurance, starting in 2024, affecting those born in 1959 or later.

TheDictator
03-17-2015, 06:20 PM
There is not one cut in the budged, only reductions in the increases.

Mac-7
03-17-2015, 06:29 PM
I said six years ago when the teabaggers were screaming to the right "Don't take away my Medicare!", ignorantly not realize it was their own party that wanted to do so.

Now, the new Republican budged plans to do just that, as well as dessimate Medicaid, Food stamps, Pell Grant, and more. But increase Defense spending!

The last time that was suggested the change was optional.

obama voters could still elect to stay with the old Medicare plan if they wish.

Reason10
03-17-2015, 06:33 PM

That's a lie.

Nope. Republicans have no plans to either dessimate or decimate welfare. Only mental midgets rely on CrackPipe Post for anything.

TrueBlue
03-17-2015, 06:44 PM
Before Republicans even think of making ANY cuts to people's social programs they need to start eliminating their own pork-barrel projects and tax cuts for the rich. Think they're going to do that? If not, then NO Cuts to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, or Food Stamps! Period! Or Face the Consequences At the Ballot Box Next Voting Term.

Blackrook
03-17-2015, 07:10 PM
Before Republicans even think of making ANY cuts to people's social programs they need to start eliminating their own pork-barrel projects and tax cuts for the rich. Think they're going to do that? If not, then NO Cuts to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, or Food Stamps! Period! Or Face the Consequences At the Ballot Box Next Voting Term.
What is YOUR plan to balance the budget and pay off the deficit?

TrueBlue
03-17-2015, 07:23 PM
Just as I said in my posting. But elect me to office in Washington, and into the U.S. Senate, and I'll tell you the rest of it.

Blackrook
03-17-2015, 07:27 PM
Just as I said in my posting. But elect me to office in Washington, and into the U.S. Senate, and I'll tell you the rest of it.
I would cut off both hands and my tongue before I would vote for you.

The Xl
03-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Republicans would have a lot more credibility on the issue of fiscal responsibly if they didn't want to spend at a historic rate on so called defense and if they didn't want to subsidize big business.

TrueBlue
03-17-2015, 07:40 PM
I would cut off both hands and my tongue before I would vote for you.
http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/80.gifAww Black, then you wouldn't be able to give me a big hug and a kiss when I won. But seriously, that's JUST what I wanted to hear! That let's me know, unequivocally, that I am on the right track when your side would oppose my candidacy! Thanks for the "candor". http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/70.gif

Lineman
03-17-2015, 08:05 PM

Budget Deficit, or National Debt?

Trickle down dont work.

The top 1% dont need a tax break.

Mac-7
03-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Republicans would have a lot more credibility on the issue of fiscal responsibly if they didn't want to spend at a historic rate on so called defense and if they didn't want to subsidize big business.

Defense spending is less than 20% of the federal budget.

There is no way that 20% can be blamed for 100% of the deficit.

Common
03-17-2015, 08:50 PM

Theyve been trying to destroy medicare since Paul Ryans first budget proposal.
The right which is mostly poor white folk and working class better wake up. They are going to especially need medicare because they dont have any pensions no retired benefits. Thanks to their buddies the teatards and koch bros