PDA

View Full Version : White House to Cheney: We’re ‘More than Happy’ to Compare Our Econ Record with Bush

Cigar
03-19-2015, 09:16 AM
The Obama administration would be more than happy to compare its economic record with that of the Bush administrations, according to White House senior advisor David Simas.

In an interview with CNN’s New Day, Simas was asked to respond to former Vice President Dick Cheney‘s comments in Playboy suggesting President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder “play the race card” and that the previous administration’s economic record is being dismantled by the current group’s policies.

“We’re more than happy to compare the record of this administration over the past six years that inherited the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression and is in the fifth year of record job creation, which is the fastest pace in this country’s history,” Simas told CNN anchor Alisyn Camerota. “We’ve taken historic deficits and reduced them by two-thirds and we’re gradually bringing to an end to two wars that the previous administration got into.”

Simas challenged Cheney to have an actual debate on the “merits” of policy. “This is a great debate between two contrasting visions,” he added.

Watch @ link, via CNN:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/white-house-to-cheney-were-more-than-happy-to-compare-our-econ-record-with-bush/

https://i.imgflip.com/9j156.gif
http://cdn.theatlanticwire.com/img/upload/2012/10/22/obamasmile.gif

Reason10
03-19-2015, 09:17 AM
Bush: 50 months of consecutive high paying job creation.
Obama: 93 MILLION OUT OF WORK.

I rest my case.

Cigar
03-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Bush: 50 months of consecutive high paying job creation.
Obama: 93 MILLION OUT OF WORK.

I rest my case.

You Lose your Case :laugh:

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 09:31 AM

Angry Guy is likely to pop his lid and go postal at any moment.

We don't want to encourage that. ;-)

Ransom
03-19-2015, 09:57 AM
They could challenge in debt acquired...but then.....Obama only used to claim it's un-American or unpatriotic to pile on such debt. Now that he's the President whose term piled up the most....by far...he no longer uses that language and neither do his hypocritical supporters.

birddog
03-19-2015, 09:58 AM
The dims typify the old saying, "Figures don't lie, but liars figure!" :wink:

Ransom
03-19-2015, 09:59 AM
And we do get to start this comparison....in Jan of 2009 for Obama...correct? So many blame Bush for 'actions by Obama' such as the stimulus, bailouts, omnibus spending measures, etc.

Reason10
03-19-2015, 10:48 AM

Nope. Obama is the worst president in history and this is STILL the worst economy in history, EVEN with Republicans in Congress keeping Obama from doing even further damage.

You lose again.

Reason10
03-19-2015, 10:49 AM

We don't want to encourage that. ;-)

Let me know when you graduate middle school. There's a wonderful world out there when you actually embrace education.

Captain Obvious
03-19-2015, 10:50 AM
This is like watching a WWF midget battle royal.

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 10:53 AM
This is like watching a WWF midget battle royal.

Looks to me like the midgets are getting tossed.

http://www.dmcityview.com/2010/01/14/pics/lockeroom/Locker-Room-1.14.jpg

Ransom
03-19-2015, 10:55 AM
I'd be careful where you're posting pictures of your family, Bo. Nice hat by the way.

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 11:00 AM
I'd be careful where you're posting pictures of your family, Bo. Nice hat by the way.

Nice St Paddy's outfit -- Hornswoggle! :D

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091006005840/prowrestling/pt/images/c/c2/Hornswoggle.jpg

Ransom
03-19-2015, 11:01 AM
Nice St Paddy's outfit -- Hornswoggle! :D

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091006005840/prowrestling/pt/images/c/c2/Hornswoggle.jpg

Same goes for pics of your spouse

Captain Obvious
03-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Same goes for pics of your spouse

That's about your intellectual level, congrats...

zelmo1234
03-19-2015, 11:09 AM
Is it not a shame that we have to compare the record of GWB and Obama,

Had not the country suffered enough under the management of these 2 idiots for the last 14+ years

How about we all admit that neither tax and spend or cut taxes/ and not spending works and we try something different.

I suggest that we start with the large manufactures of durable goods and ask them what it would take for them to move production back to the USA, and then do that first,

texan
03-19-2015, 12:45 PM
And chaney is more than happy to show them what respect around the world looks like.

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 12:50 PM
And chaney is more than happy to show them what respect around the world looks like.

Lol, the only thing "the world" would like to do to Cheney, is try him for war crimes.

zelmo1234
03-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Lol, the only thing "the world" would like to do to Cheney, is try him for war crimes.

And what crimes would that be.

did he attack Syria without the consent of the Congress or the blessing of UN resolutions?

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 12:55 PM
And what crimes would that be.

did he attack Syria without the consent of the Congress or the blessing of UN resolutions?

Torture

texan
03-19-2015, 01:04 PM

The world? LOL! What a bunch of pussy's! Just say thanks to the protection we provide and move along. Waterboarding not torture.

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 01:08 PM
The world? LOL! What a bunch of pussy's! Just say thanks to the protection we provide and move along. Waterboarding not torture.

Yes, waterboarding is torture as defined by the Geneva Convention ... which WE signed.

But we did far worse than that!

Mister D
03-19-2015, 01:11 PM
To be fair, there is water boarding and then there's water boarding.

iustitia
03-19-2015, 01:14 PM
>Real unemployment rate is over 15%
>>Happy Obama dick-riders

zelmo1234
03-19-2015, 01:18 PM
Torture

So when did he Torture? I thought that we only used water boarding, which according to the UN is not torture.

Reason10
03-19-2015, 01:25 PM
Yes, waterboarding is torture as defined by the Geneva Convention ... which WE signed.

But we did far worse than that!

And waterboarding ALONE led to the location of Usama Bin Laden.

What? You think the KENYAN VILLAGE IDIOT found Bin Laden on a golf course?

Reason10
03-19-2015, 01:26 PM

Dittos to that.

Captain Obvious
03-19-2015, 01:30 PM

What was the "real unemployment rate" when dickbush was in office?

I've asked this before, never really got an answer. The figure is meaningless unless there's a comparative one.

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 01:38 PM
And waterboarding ALONE led to the location of Usama Bin Laden.

What? You think the KENYAN VILLAGE IDIOT found Bin Laden on a golf course?

That's a lie, but you wouldn't care.

http://archive.rgj.com/article/20110510/NEWS20/105080365/Fact-Check-No-evidence-presented-waterboarding-helped-find-bin-Laden

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 01:41 PM

I've asked this before, never really got an answer. The figure is meaningless unless there's a comparative one.

They remain oblivious to the fact that the numbers are calculated in precisely the same manner they've always been - or at least as they were when dickbush was president.

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 01:42 PM
So when did he Torture? I thought that we only used water boarding, which according to the UN is not torture.

Link me to where the UN ever said such a thing. I can't find it.

Captain Obvious
03-19-2015, 01:44 PM
They remain oblivious to the fact that the numbers are calculated in precisely the same manner they've always been - or at least as they were when dickbush was president.

No, I'm not sure you understand the point here.

The real rate includes those who gave up on finding a job and left the market.

Both unemployment rates today and circa dickbush need "adjusted" for this difference, plus I'd argue, include the redux in rates of earnings also, and benefits.

If a rate is cited for now, the same rate, same formula needs recalculated for wayback so that these figures are comparable.

Not sure why I'm wasting my time trying to explain this to a bunch of shit tossers.

Cigar
03-19-2015, 01:46 PM
No, I'm not sure you understand the point here.

The real rate includes those who gave up on finding a job and left the market.

Both unemployment rates today and circa dickbush need "adjusted" for this difference, plus I'd argue, include the redux in rates of earnings also, and benefits.

If a rate is cited for now, the same rate, same formula needs recalculated for wayback so that these figures are comparable.

Not sure why I'm wasting my time trying to explain this to a bunch of $#@! tossers.

So what do you do, send the SS out to force someone to look for a Job.

Tell us, what's your solution for making the retired go back to work. :laugh:

Captain Obvious
03-19-2015, 01:47 PM
So what do you do, send the SS out to force someone to look for a Job.

Tell us, what's your solution for making the retired go back to work. :laugh:

You of all people I'm sure are incapable of understanding the point. Making excuses is pointless to the concept I'm trying to get across.

Define the way the rate is calculated, use the appropriate economic criteria and be consistent with how the comparative figures are determined.

Just stick with shit tossing, trust me. It's your calling.

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Let me know when you graduate middle school. There's a wonderful world out there when you actually embrace education.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a7/4f/00/a74f000c85fb0c7636393e12e856b24d.jpg

Cigar
03-19-2015, 01:52 PM
You of all people I'm sure are incapable of understanding the point. Making excuses is pointless to the concept I'm trying to get across.

Define the way the rate is calculated, use the appropriate economic criteria and be consistent with how the comparative figures are determined.

Just stick with $#@! tossing, trust me. It's your calling.

Didn't think you could ... :laugh:

iustitia
03-19-2015, 01:55 PM

It depends on what you mean.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/attachment.png

If you mean when Bush left office, it was over a point lower at 14%. All his years averaged come out to about 9.5%. If that graph continued to today it would hover higher than where it currently leaves off at about 15.4%.

The Sage of Main Street
03-19-2015, 01:58 PM

We don't want to encourage that. ;-) I notice this typical dishonesty in that the Ayn Randies believe that the Obama Administration is worse than the one John Galt faced, yet they won't walk off their jobs like the cartoon characters in Atlas Shrugged did.

This is for two reasons: (1) They are hollow-souled Greedheads who are compelled to make money, money, and more money until their dying breath; (2) They know deep in their emptiness that they are useless parasites who won't be missed at all if they take off for the Gulch.

Captain Obvious
03-19-2015, 01:59 PM

The question is negligible, it answers itself.

What would I do? Provide them with jobs, that simple. The reason many of them gave up is because there were no jobs to find.

Bo-4
03-19-2015, 02:09 PM
The question is negligible, it answers itself.

What would I do? Provide them with jobs, that simple. The reason many of them gave up is because there were no jobs to find.

SOME of them.. not "many" or most of them. 11,000 people per day are retiring .. by choice.

Captain Obvious
03-19-2015, 02:09 PM
SOME of them.. not "many" or most of them. 11,000 people per day are retiring .. by choice.

Like anything that depends on who you ask.

zelmo1234
03-19-2015, 02:49 PM

I am going by memory but from a low in 06 and early 07 of around 6.5% to the high of just under 11% at the end of his term.

There were about 3 million more people working when he left office than when he started. So a very slight increase in worker participation.

zelmo1234
03-19-2015, 02:50 PM

You are correct, there were just 9 million more people in the workforce when he left office.

zelmo1234
03-19-2015, 02:54 PM

The problem with your theory is that there are nearly as many people graduating collage everyday as there are retiring.

So even if you were correct there are still 7.5 million people that can't find work and they no longer qualify for assistance.

And I am sure that you all understand that income has dropped because it is a employers market and the part time jobs created by the ACA.

zelmo1234
03-19-2015, 02:56 PM

And nearly that many were entering the workforce just from collage.

Or don't they count

zelmo1234
03-19-2015, 03:00 PM
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/jul/17/facebook-posts/are-george-w-bush-dick-cheney-unable-visit-europe-/

The Bush Chaney War crimes was BS. No warrants ever issued

Now Obama using drones in Syria and Pakistan there is NO authorization form congress or the UN for that