PDA

View Full Version : Obama facing sanctions

Bob
03-19-2015, 07:56 PM
Judge: Sanctions possible in Obama immigration court case

BROWNSVILLE, Texas (AP) — A federal judge who has blocked President Barack Obama's immigration executive action suggested on Thursday that he could order sanctions against the Justice Department if he rules it mislead him about when exactly the administration began implementing one of the measures.

During a sometimes testy court hearing, U.S. District Judge Andrew Hanen went back and forth with the Justice Department over whether it had mislead him into believing that a key part of Obama's program would not be implemented before he made a ruling on a request for a preliminary injunction. In fact, federal officials had given more than 108,000 people three-year reprieves from deportation before that date and granted them work permits under a program that protects young immigrants from deportation if they were brought to the U.S. illegally as children.http://news.yahoo.com/hearing-set-allegations-immigration-lawsuit-052210088.html

Dragonborn Herald
03-19-2015, 08:03 PM
Yeah. They'll cave when the feds retaliate with things like made up charges or witholding federal funds for the state.

Just wait and see.

zelmo1234
03-19-2015, 08:04 PM
He is having a bad day.

Congress told him today that if he runs to the UN to try and get the nukes for Iran bill enforced. they will defund all payments to the UN leaving the organization bankruptcy!

So that still won't work.

It looks like President my way or the highway, is going to have to talk to the Republicans

Mac-7
03-19-2015, 08:20 PM
He is having a bad day.

Congress told him today that if he runs to the UN to try and get the nukes for Iran bill enforced. they will defund all payments to the UN leaving the organization bankruptcy!

It looks like President my way or the highway, is going to have to talk to the Republicans

Can we trust McConnell and Boehnor to stay the course?

i hope they do.

texan
03-20-2015, 10:56 AM
It would be a dream come true if they blocked funds to the UN.

Their entire premise is faulty.........Bunch of self serving crooks are to put self interests aside and do what is best for the world? Now that is laughable.

Peter1469
03-20-2015, 12:02 PM
That would be great if they defunded the UN. Those freeloaders need to support themselves.

Mac-7
03-20-2015, 12:14 PM
The constitutional lecturer is getting a real civics education on this issue.

Bo-4
03-20-2015, 02:06 PM
He is having a bad day.

Ya, that whole "defunding" thing has gone so well for them! :rolleyes:

Adelaide
03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Defund the UN, lose your seat/position and veto. My country would be happy to replace you seeing as we're one of the top donors as well as one of the biggest contributors to peace operations that gets zero respect for it.

Then again, lose your seat and veto and bigger fish than my country would be giggling with glee.

Seems self-defeatist unless you want your non-allies to have even more power.

Mac-7
03-20-2015, 03:34 PM
Defund the UN, lose your seat/position and veto. My country would be happy to replace you seeing as we're one of the top donors as well as one of the biggest contributors to peace operations that gets zero respect for it.

Then again, lose your seat and veto and bigger fish than my country would be giggling with glee

I'm sure Canadians dream of such a thing but you can't expel the US for withholding dues.

Bob
03-20-2015, 05:11 PM

Then again, lose your seat and veto and bigger fish than my country would be giggling with glee.

What makes you think our KING plans to leave the UN?

MisterVeritis
03-20-2015, 07:48 PM
Ya, that whole "defunding" thing has gone so well for them! :rolleyes:
It does when they do it. It does not when they cave to the despot.

MisterVeritis
03-20-2015, 07:49 PM

You are welcome to it.

Mac-7
03-20-2015, 09:03 PM
You are welcome to it.

Think about that carefully.

Canada can't take our UN seat on the Security Council.

But it would be very bad for us if they could.

gamewell45
03-20-2015, 10:23 PM
Yeah. They'll cave when the feds retaliate with things like made up charges or witholding federal funds for the state.

Just wait and see.

If you control the purse strings, you control a state without question. It's like a pimp, if you take his flash money, you'll have him eating out of your hand.

MisterVeritis
03-21-2015, 11:48 AM
Think about that carefully.

Canada can't take our UN seat on the Security Council.

But it would be very bad for us if they could.
Nonsense. Simply leave the despots to their own devices.

texan
03-23-2015, 10:16 AM

You might want to check on our contribution level bro! We pull out and the UN goes from Hilton to Motel 6.