PDA

View Full Version : IN UK , Muslim immigrants " more British " than the British .

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 02:54 AM
The "most British" immigrants in the UK are Muslims .What great support for so-called Multiculturism -- a social change that many Americans have been brain washed into thinking is another failed feature of the Europe that they have invented in their minds --but with little back up in the real world .
It would be interesting to see how the White Supremacist obsessives would try to deal with such research results . Simple denial , if they follow form -- which they always do .
What Europe needs now is a generation pause of big numbers immigration to allow full assimilation and positive inter ethnicity cross over .
Early days , but other co called developed countries should tale note and be pleased .

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/CkTWHR9VyWjYOZqdWmGEYw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzA5O2NyPTE7Y3c9NTAwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0xMTg7cT04NTt3PTE5MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_uk/News/pressass/UKNews300620120702314-1.jpgView Photo (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/photos/muslims-most-likely-groups-identify-concept-britishness-study-photo-060132031.html)Muslims are the most likely of all groups to identify with the concept of 'Britishness', …
Ethnic minorities living in the UK feel more British than their white counterparts, new research has revealed.
Muslims are the most likely of all groups to identify with the concept of "Britishness", the Institute for Social and Economic Research study found.
The report's authors say the results rubbish suggestions that ethnic groups are unwilling or unable to integrate into British society and show that fears over the negative impacts of immigration on cultural identity are considerably overstated.
The study, named Understanding Society, looked at the socio-economic circumstances of people living in 40,000 UK households.
Occupants were asked a series of questions, including how important on a scale of one to 10, being British was to them.
Pakistanis scored the highest with an average of 7.76 - despite common presumptions that they associate more strongly with their own national identity than to where they are living now.
Bangladeshi and Indian groups came second and third respectively, while the white population scored the lowest with an average of 6.58.
The study also found that identification with Britishness is higher among the children and grandchildren of migrants.
The research will be presented next week at the Economic and Social Research Council Research Methods Festival by Dr Alita Nandi.
She said: "Our research shows that people we might assume would feel very British, in fact do not - while others who we might assume would not associate themselves with feelings of Britishness, in fact do."

https://www.iser.essex.ac.uk/(Institute for Social and Economic Research)

Sultan
06-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Britians and Europeans are much less brainwashed that Americans.
Maybe because most of them travel. Have better education etc

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 03:43 AM
Britians and Europeans are much less brainwashed that Americans.
Maybe because most of them travel. Have better education etc

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .
We know that , but they flip when they hear the truth .
There are some who are great -- like all the Moderators , for example .

MMC
06-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Then there was thing called money. Which those in America do have. Which many travel all over the World and not localized regions. As for Education.....yeah notice all those Top Notch Universities in the M.E. :rollseyes:

Which innovation of technology did they say was coming out of the ME in the next 2 centuries? Leading in any today? Education.....yeah Right! :laugh:

MMC
06-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .
We know that , but they flip when they hear the truth .
There are some who are great -- like all the Moderators , for example .

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4749152103499075&pid=1.7&w=166&h=154&c=7&rs=1

Great Minds do think alike.....Mr Grant! :wink:

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 04:06 AM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4749152103499075&pid=1.7&w=166&h=154&c=7&rs=1

Great Minds do think alike.....Mr Grant! :wink:

Please . Call me Ulysses .

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 07:34 AM
They seem to have a real problem with Muslims in France.

MMC
06-30-2012, 08:11 AM
Please . Call me Ulysses .

:laugh:.....only if you call me. Mr President! Tho truthfully ya can call me what ya want.....just don't call me late for supper. Otherwise it's that azz. :grin:

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 08:14 AM
If you have been unlucky enough to have looked at the years when France ruled Algeria you will know exactly what horrors occurred . The two way blind hatred was beyond belief .The French lost the plot very badly and now are suffering terrible pay back -- on top of natural immigration from other parts of the world .Principally from the rest of north Africa who also do not see the French in flattering terms .
You might be surprised how in parallel many French professionals are exiting their country to come here . Unwittingly the north African immigrants into France are improving our work force by guaranteeing this stream of top class workers .

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 08:31 AM
My understanding is Britain has quite a bit of problems with the Muslims.

Chris
06-30-2012, 08:43 AM

Right, why isn't Cary telling us about the conflicts and riots?

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 09:10 AM
Right, why isn't Cary telling us about the conflicts and riots?

Because he's a liberal partisan hack who knows that most Americans don't appreciate the demands from Muslims from foot baths, prayer rooms and the such...oh and he's an American hater. Why do forums seem to get all the American haters from overseas??? When we all know that the majority of Europe does not hate America or Americans. Thank God enough of us know that people who think like him in Europe are the minority.

Chris
06-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Because he's a liberal partisan hack who knows that most Americans don't appreciate the demands from Muslims from foot baths, prayer rooms and the such...oh and he's an American hater. Why do forums seem to get all the American haters from overseas??? When we all know that the majority of Europe does not hate America or Americans. Thank God enough of us know that people who think like him in Europe are the minority.

If you want a non-liberal view of what's happening in England, start with the English Defense League (http://englishdefenceleague.org/).

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 09:19 AM
What riots ?
No way am I trying to give you a picture painted only through rose tinted glasses .
But the present picture is the one shown by the research -- as a generality .
The riots we had last autumn ( three days) were the first ever here organised through the Internet and were about stealing /theft .No more and no less . They were neither political or racist in nature .100% not .
And yes , we do have to guard against that 1.0% of young Muslims that have been radicalised .
But luckily , our counter terrorist forces are the best and young terrorists world wide tend to be very stupid . This is about the only area that makes me believe that God does intervene -- he only allows terrorists if they are idiots . In his favourite country that is .

Chris
06-30-2012, 09:26 AM
What riots ?
No way am I trying to give you a picture painted only through rose tinted glasses .
But the present picture is the one shown by the research -- as a generality .
The riots we had last autumn ( three days) were the first ever here organised through the Internet and were about stealing /theft .No more and no less . They were neither political or racist in nature .100% not .
And yes , we do have to guard against that 1.0% of young Muslims that have been radicalised .
But luckily , our counter terrorist forces are the best and young terrorists world wide tend to be very stupid . This is about the only area that makes me believe that God does intervene -- he only allows terrorists if they are idiots . In his favourite country that is .

That's an interesting post. You begin with denial: "What riots ?" But then admit to "The riots we had...."

I think your problems stem from liberal separate but equal policies. You keep Muslims isolated in communities, granting them civil sharia law and political control of some communities. If you're not going to integrate them into your society, you're going to have trouble, why even let them in?

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 09:33 AM
If you want a non-liberal view of what's happening in England, start with the English Defense League (http://englishdefenceleague.org/).

Ahhh, thanks for that...maybe our OP should read it...;)

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 09:35 AM
That's an interesting post. You begin with denial: "What riots ?" But then admit to "The riots we had...."

I think your problems stem from liberal separate but equal policies. You keep Muslims isolated in communities, granting them civil sharia law and political control of some communities. If you're not going to integrate them into your society, you're going to have trouble, why even let them in?

That's the problem, they don't want to integrate they want to take over. Why would you come to a different country and culture just to change it. If they want their culture and Sharia Law why don't they just stay in the ME???

Chris
06-30-2012, 09:42 AM
That's the problem, they don't want to integrate they want to take over. Why would you come to a different country and culture just to change it. If they want their culture and Sharia Law why don't they just stay in the ME???

I see it the other way around. Immigrants naturally want to keep their culture, but they also want to get ahead in their new culture, and that means assimilate. But government policies interfere with that, discourage it, granting them control over their isolated communities. Then the Brits, like the EDL, resent it because they don't have as much power over their lives.

Not saying their aren't those who support or even engage in terrorism, there are, but they'd be ineffective if Muslims were encourage more to assimilate.

And if the government doesn't want to do that, doesn't want them there, it should restrict immigration accordingly.

You see similar problems in France, Germany.

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 09:50 AM
I see it the other way around. Immigrants naturally want to keep their culture, but they also want to get ahead in their new culture, and that means assimilate. But government policies interfere with that, discourage it, granting them control over their isolated communities. Then the Brits, like the EDL, resent it because they don't have as much power over their lives.

Not saying their aren't those who support or even engage in terrorism, there are, but they'd be ineffective if Muslims were encourage more to assimilate.

And if the government doesn't want to do that, doesn't want them there, it should restrict immigration accordingly.

You see similar problems in France, Germany.

I misspoke...I should have said they don't want to assimilate, just integrate. But why would the government grant them control over certain communities, unless that is exactly what the Muslim's wanted?

Chris
06-30-2012, 10:26 AM
I misspoke...I should have said they don't want to assimilate, just integrate. But why would the government grant them control over certain communities, unless that is exactly what the Muslim's wanted?

Don't know, we'd have to probe a liberal mind like Cary's to find out the reasoning, if any. I don't see anything wrong with wanting local control over a community, provided it's elected and not granted by central government--like our colonies once were. But I can't understand what the government sees England gains by it. Perhaps it's just the old moral relativism at play.

MMC
06-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Yeah I am not to found of the French sticking their noses into anyone else's Buisness. Like the Arabs they are unable to handle anything on their own. But the French do have a couple of things worth checking into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knFmjVf0jVk

Women being one.....and then there is their language. :wink:

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 11:15 AM
Yeah I am not to found of the French sticking their noses into anyone else's Buisness. Like the Arabs they are unable to handle anything on their own. But the French do have a couple of things worth checking into.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knFmjVf0jVk

Women being one.....and then there is their language. :wink:

Really French women??? I don't think the French women are pretty at all!!! I'm sure they have some, but overall the French women are not it.

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 11:17 AM

That is a technical foul , Chris .
I only used the term , "Riots" as a means of letting people know what I was referring to .
And even if they do fall under the general label of , Riots , my key point was that specifically this "happening " was an unplanned series of criminal acts --- looting and theft ----that spread like wild fire via Social sites like Facebook and Twitter . They were not politically inspired or carried out by one group against a specific target . It was simply , smash down shops for personal gain .

How do you stop the Ghetto principle consequent from immigrant influxes ? Herd them like cattle ? Even the original population produces its own ghettos though here we often use class labels to identify them .
It's normal behaviour , but obviously a disaster when a specific group go to the bottom of the pecking order and the looney right then tell the world they are genetic scum without a decent bone in them . Result ? Boom .

All countries in Western Europe need immigrants !!
Populations are unsustainable at current fertility rates . Fact . Not just my opinion .
Plus , the benefits of a planned multi cultural society are enormous and for the benefit of all .We have benefited hugely from extra cultural depth and breadth and it shows in everything from food and drink , to design and innovation and to every area of Arts .
Frankly , it is all about huge new energy and how you channel it . imo

As a P.S.
All countries have an EDL and BNP . It is a combination of loonies and youth in every generation .
As ever , it is how you control that very small percentage which the press make look far worse than they really are .
Get hold of them one by one and they are invariably immature , inexperienced and not bright . Not a problem if push ever comes to shove. imo .

MMC
06-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Really French women??? I don't think the French women are pretty at all!!! I'm sure they have some, but overall the French women are not it.

Well they did have Bridgette Bardot, Yvette Memieux, and Emmanuelle.....Just Saying. :love10:

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4724035150610646&pid=1.7&w=210&h=149&c=7&rs=1 http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4521974128705757&pid=1.7&w=138&h=148&c=7&rs=1 http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4530954912596225&pid=1.7&w=233&h=153&c=7&rs=1

Do I detect a note of Jealousy, Ms. Locks? Could it be due to not being able to balance yaself in these. :f_run:

Chris
06-30-2012, 11:44 AM
I only used the term , "Riots" as a means of letting people know what I was referring to .
And even if they do fall under the general label of , Riots , my key point was that specifically this "happening " was an unplanned series of criminal acts --- looting and theft ----that spread like wild fire via Social sites like Facebook and Twitter . They were not politically inspired or carried out by one group against a specific target . It was simply , smash down shops for personal gain .

How do you stop the Ghetto principle consequent from immigrant influxes ? Herd them like cattle ? Even the original population produces its own ghettos though here we often use class labels to identify them .
It's normal behaviour , but obviously a disaster when a specific group go to the bottom of the pecking order and the looney right then tell the world they are genetic scum without a decent bone in them . Result ? Boom .

All countries in Western Europe need immigrants !!
Populations are unsustainable at current fertility rates . Fact . Not just my opinion .
Plus , the benefits of a planned multi cultural society are enormous and for the benefit of all .We have benefited hugely from extra cultural depth and breadth and it shows in everything from food and drink , to design and innovation and to every area of Arts .
Frankly , it is all about huge new energy and how you channel it . imo

As a P.S.
All countries have an EDL and BNP . It is a combination of loonies and youth in every generation .
As ever , it is how you control that very small percentage which the press make look far worse than they really are .
Get hold of them one by one and they are invariably immature , inexperienced and not bright . Not a problem if push ever comes to shove. imo .

I only used the term , "Riots" as a means

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

They were not politically inspired

Most began as political demonstrations, Muslims, EDL, and other groups.

How do you stop the Ghetto principle consequent from immigrant influxes ? Herd them like cattle ?

Why's your government do that, it only exacerbates the problem.

I know a couple few people from the EDL. One was militant, the rest not, but just common everyday people. Not loony at all.

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 12:05 PM
Say what you mean and mean what you say.
1. Most began as political demonstrations, Muslims, EDL, and other groups.
2. Why's your government do that, it only exacerbates the problem.
3. I know a couple few people from the EDL. One was militant, the rest not, but just common everyday people. Not loony at all.

1. No . A criminal was shot by the police in north London while resisting arrest . The estate bruvvers ( all colours) went to war with the police because of their bad handling of the matter . And it was bad handling .
The police were told to play it cool and play things soft .
Huge blunder .
The crims then made them pay big time for that tactic .
The Muslims , EDL and BNP had absolutely nothing to do with it , but probably made pathetic attempts to hijack it later .
2.There has never been a single attempt by this or any other British Governments to do what you allege .
Someone has completely misinformed you .
3. My hero is your enemy . My loony is your role model etc etc
Anybody holding the core assumptions held by these groups is missing a few screws and I am being generous in those words .

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Well they did have Bridgette Bardot, Yvette Memieux, and Emmanuelle.....Just Saying. :love10:

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4724035150610646&pid=1.7&w=210&h=149&c=7&rs=1 http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4521974128705757&pid=1.7&w=138&h=148&c=7&rs=1 http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4530954912596225&pid=1.7&w=233&h=153&c=7&rs=1

Do I detect a note of Jealousy, Ms. Locks? Could it be due to not being able to balance yaself in these. :f_run:

I seriously can't balance myself in those...just sayin'

:asshole:

:grin: Do you have to point out my inadequacies to everyone???

Chris
06-30-2012, 12:32 PM
1. No . A criminal was shot by the police in north London while resisting arrest . The estate bruvvers ( all colours) went to war with the police because of their bad handling of the matter . And it was bad handling .
The police were told to play it cool and play things soft .
Huge blunder .
The crims then made them pay big time for that tactic .
The Muslims , EDL and BNP had absolutely nothing to do with it , but probably made pathetic attempts to hijack it later .
2.There has never been a single attempt by this or any other British Governments to do what you allege .
Someone has completely misinformed you .
3. My hero is your enemy . My loony is your role model etc etc
Anybody holding the core assumptions held by these groups is missing a few screws and I am being generous in those words .

No . A criminal was shot by the police in north London while resisting arrest...

As compared to your one incident, here's a List of English Defence League demonstrations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDL_demonstrations).

There has never been a single attempt by this or any other British Governments to do what you allege .

You do have Sharia courts. I forget the district/township, it is heavily Muslim, control of it was given to Muslims.

IOW, you disagree with them, can't say why, so engage in ad hom.

Here's the EDL's Mission Statement (http://englishdefenceleague.org/about-us/mission-statement/). It includes: "(1) HUMAN RIGHTS: Protecting And Promoting Human Rights.... (2) DEMOCRACY AND THE RULE OF LAW: Promoting Democracy And The Rule Of Law By Opposing Sharia.... (3) PUBLIC EDUCATION: Ensuring That The Public Get A Balanced Picture Of Islam.... (4) RESPECTING TRADITION: Promoting The Traditions And Culture Of England While At The Same Time Being Open To Embrace The Best That Other Cultures Can Offer.... (5) INTERNATIONAL OUTLOOK: Working In Solidarity With Others Around The World...."

Human rights and protecting them is loony?

Chris
06-30-2012, 12:33 PM

MMC
06-30-2012, 12:58 PM
I seriously can't balance myself in those...just sayin'

:asshole:

:grin: Do you have to point out my inadequacies to everyone???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgUqLbpzXkI&feature=results_main&playnext= 1&list=PL453EBA2F20CC2B59

:BangHead:.....:thinking:.....:cry20:.....:killme: .....:injured:.....:juggler:.....http://www.debatepolitics.com/images/smilies/pimpdaddy.gif

roadmaster
06-30-2012, 01:06 PM

They do, car bombings ect.

URF8
06-30-2012, 01:33 PM
There is no place in America for any group which does not believe in the separation of church and state.

There is no place in America for any group which subjugates women.

There is no place in America for any group which opposes equal rights for LGBTQ people.

I can only think of one group of people who don't fit in. Those people are Muslims.

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Everyone has problems with Muslims and there's a good reason why.

Islamism is a totalitarian form of govt encompassing all aspects of life. It's still the Pan-Islamic quest of the Ottoman Empire. A Caliphate. It's been going on for centuries and nothing has changed. Keep the Muslim populace loyal under threat of torture and death. Keep them loyal as the will of Allah. Keep them ignorant, philosophically captured, and convinced that Islam is the only way, or death. Conquer through assimilation, war, and soft Jihad.

And we're left to have to fight an idea. A belief. A fervor. Killing in the name of Allah is perfectly acceptable. How do you fight that?

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 01:46 PM
And even if they do fall under the general label of , Riots , my key point was that specifically this "happening " was an unplanned series of criminal acts --- looting and theft ----that spread like wild fire via Social sites like Facebook and Twitter . They were not politically inspired or carried out by one group against a specific target . It was simply , smash down shops for personal gain . I remember it well. It was a bunch of anarchists using labor demonstrations for group cover. They smashed and looted. Mayhem is their fave tool.

Others got in on it too. But it was the anarchists who were the core of the problem and the catalyst.

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 01:51 PM
All countries have an EDL and BNP . Define those abbreviations, please.

Chris
06-30-2012, 01:54 PM
EDL is English Defense League: http://englishdefenceleague.org/

BNP = British National Party???

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 01:56 PM
BNP
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party

EDL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Defence_League

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 04:21 PM
As compared to your one incident,
1. here's a List of English Defence League demonstrations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EDL_demonstrations).

2 You do have Sharia courts. I forget the district/township, it is heavily Muslim, control of it was given to Muslims.IOW, you disagree with them, can't say why, so engage in ad hom.
Here's the EDL's Mission Statement (http://englishdefenceleague.org/about-us/mission-statement/). It includes: "(1) HUMAN RIGHTS: Protecting And Promoting Human Rights.... (2) DEMOCRACY AND THE RULE OF LAW: Promoting Democracy And The Rule Of Law By Opposing Sharia.... (3) PUBLIC EDUCATION: Ensuring That The Public Get A Balanced Picture Of Islam.... (4) RESPECTING TRADITION: Promoting The Traditions And Culture Of England While At The Same Time Being Open To Embrace The Best That Other Cultures Can Offer.... (5) INTERNATIONAL OUTLOOK: Working In Solidarity With Others Around The World...."
Human rights and protecting them is loony?

1. So now you want to ignore the Rule of Law and the right to hold peaceful demonstrations .
No Chris, you are not making any sense .
I can publicly argue the presence of Aliens in America now, but it is hardly an argument for anything but the authors mental health .Please check legal obligations .
2.No Chris . We allow Muslims to resolve some of their own problems in civil matters where only Muslims are involved .Why on earth would you not do so ?
There is not one court in the UK that in any way allows Muslims to be treated one jot differently under Statute Law than other citizens are .

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 04:25 PM
I remember it well. It was a bunch of anarchists using labor demonstrations for group cover. They smashed and looted. Mayhem is their fave tool.

Others got in on it too. But it was the anarchists who were the core of the problem and the catalyst.

Do you wish to know what happened or are you happy with that nonsense ?
There was not one so called anarchist involved in the original incident .
I have told you exactly what happened and why .
Why argue?

Naturally I apologise if you were there and know differently , as distinct from having read comics that need money just to keep going .

Chris
06-30-2012, 04:28 PM
1. So now you want to ignore the Rule of Law and the right to hold peaceful demonstrations .
No Chris, you are not making any sense .
I can publicly argue the presence of Aliens in America now, but it is hardly an argument for anything but the authors mental health .Please check legal obligations .
2.No Chris . We allow Muslims to resolve some of their own problems in civil matters where only Muslims are involved .Why on earth would you not do so ?
There is not one court in the UK that in any way allows Muslims to be treated one jot differently under Statute Law than other citizens are .
I hope you are not one of those You Tube fans. You do seem to have some very strange beliefs . All nonsense .

I really believe you could do with some sound help if you wish to improve the quality of your excellent idea of finding facts , not fiction .

So now you want to ignore the Rule of Law and the right to hold peaceful demonstrations

Let look, just a sec... hmmm, I don't see where I said that, no, didn't say that at all.

My point was simple. You began by saying no riots, then you admitted to one, the list of demonstrations I gave included many that turned into riots.

We allow Muslims to resolve some of their own problems in civil matters where only Muslims are involved .Why on earth would you not do so ?

Good, now you agree you do have sharia courts. Yes, they are civil courts. But they follow sharia.

I hope you are....

Ad hom, unimpressive, against forum rules. Tsk tsk.

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Let look, just a sec... hmmm, I don't see where I said that, no, didn't say that at all.
My point was simple. You began by saying no riots, then you admitted to one, the list of demonstrations I gave included many that turned into riots.
Good, now you agree you do have sharia courts. Yes, they are civil courts. But they follow sharia.
Ad hom, unimpressive, against forum rules. Tsk tsk.

Chris , you have folded .
Was the action in London politically or racially motivated ?
No , it was not , Chris .
Stop wriggling .
Yes Chris , they follow whatever rules you choose to say or describe .
Your only problem is that they are voluntary courts for consenting parties and are not legally binding under UK law and never ( never) take precedence over any statute that British citizens are bound to .
By all means produce different suggestions .
But back off in areas where you have been misinformed .
I accept your sincerity and welcome genuine interest . But it rather looks as though you have taken some very strange advice .

Chris
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Stop wriggling .
Your only problem is that they are voluntary courts for consenting parties and are not legally binding under UK law and never ( never) take precedence over any statute that British citizens are bound to .
I accept your sincerity and welcome genuine interest . But it rather looks as though you have taken some very strange advice .

Ad hom is a white flag. I'm still here, waiting for you to argue with what I said rather than who you imagine I am.

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 05:16 PM
White flag is fine by me .
I look forward to our next pitched battle .
I was brought up to shake the opponent's hands , whatever the result , share a few beers and worry about tomorrow when it arrives .
Mines a beer , Chris .

Chris
06-30-2012, 05:18 PM
White flag is fine by me .
I look forward to our next pitched battle .
I was brought up to shake the opponent's hands , whatever the result , share a few beers and worry about tomorrow when it arrives .
Mines a beer , Chris .

Sorry, I don't shake or drink with people who insult me.

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Sorry, I don't shake or drink with people who insult me.

I understand .
That's why the English Gentleman remains an iconic figure .

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Stop wriggling .

One of the problems with Sharia courts is, say a husband has a grievance against his wife...he wants to go to Sharia court, what option does she have? She will have to agree with him or he'll either beat the shit out of her or something worse. What if she is raped and her father, brother, husband forces her to go to Sharia court? It will not be a happy outcome.

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 05:34 PM
I understand .
That's why the English Gentleman remains an iconic figure .

So If I call you a bloviating ignoramus bastard you'll still have a beer with me???

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Do you wish to know what happened or are you happy with that nonsense ?
There was not one so called anarchist involved in the original incident .
I have told you exactly what happened and why .
Why argue?

Naturally I apologise if you were there and know differently , as distinct from having read comics that need money just to keep going .It's what I saw in pictures. Unless these thugs were just dressed to look like anarchists. They had on the usual gear...masks, backpacks with supplies and similar incendiary devices were used. If you know differently, then just provide some cites from local coverage.

roadmaster
06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
One of the problems with Sharia courts is, say a husband has a grievance against his wife...he wants to go to Sharia court, what option does she have? She will have to agree with him or he'll either beat the shit out of her or something worse. What if she is raped and her father, brother, husband forces her to go to Sharia court? It will not be a happy outcome.

We should never allow Sharia courts or law into the US.

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 05:52 PM
We should never allow Sharia courts or law into the US.

They are already here...sorry.

roadmaster
06-30-2012, 05:53 PM

And they should be stomped out.

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 05:56 PM
And they should be stomped out.

Won't hear me complaining...don't know why they were allowed to CREEP anyway.

MMC
06-30-2012, 06:06 PM

Thats okay.....being here. If they are seen beating women. Then they will find out just what it is like to get beat down the way they do it to a woman. Then they will feel what it is like. Think they will be able to take a time-out to pray during the engagement?

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 06:22 PM
So If I call you a bloviating ignoramus bastard you'll still have a beer with me???

Do you really think i treat you guys seriously ?
If it's a decent beer , that's splendid
If you turn out to be great , that will be a miracle .
But I have cellars built in 1830 . My beers are good .
I also have a lot of Bordeaux about 1960- 1990 . Not that fantastic , but rather splendid

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Do you really think i treat you guys seriously ?
If it's a decent beer , that's splendid
If you turn out to be great , that will be a miracle .
But I have cellars built in 1830 . My beers are good .
I also have a lot of Bordeaux about 1960- 1990 . Not that fantastic , but rather splendid

Do you really think we take you seriously??? I have the best California wine you can buy!!!

wingrider
06-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Do you really think we take you seriously??? I have the best California wine you can buy!!!

try some colorado winery .. you may like it...

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 06:37 PM
try some colorado winery .. you may like it...

:thumbsup:

MMC
06-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah.....plus we got that Richards Wild Irsh Rose and best of all. The Ripple.....now these aren't your basic Celler Wines. But I will have you know that you can find them on the Very Bottom Shelf of any Liquor Store. :boozing: :afro:

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Yeah.....plus we got that Richards Wild Irsh Rose and best of all. The Ripple.....now these aren't your basic Celler Wines. But I will have you know that you can find them on the Very Bottom Shelf of any Liquor Store. :boozing: :afro:

Don't forget Boone's Farm!!!!...;)

MMC
06-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Don't forget Boone's Farm!!!!...;)

http://www.mce.k12tn.net/johnson/history/boone/boone2.jpg

How could I.....ever Forget? :grin20:

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 06:57 PM
http://www.mce.k12tn.net/johnson/history/boone/boone2.jpg

How could I.....ever Forget? :grin20:

Just sayin'...;)

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Okay, let's ALL be nice, k? Hey, it's Saturday....take it easy........

http://images.clipartof.com/small/439090-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Man-Relaxing-In-A-Kiddy-Pool.jpg

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Thought we were???

wingrider
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
ok mom ... but he hit me first.. nanananananan

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 08:02 PM
It's Bush's fault.

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 09:43 PM
We are, we are. The drama has settled down now, thankfully.

Carygrant
07-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I have the best California wine you can buy!!!

Oxymoron .

Trinnity
07-03-2012, 05:54 PM
Oxymoron .It's fine if you don't like Americans, but some of the best wines in the world come from California.

Goldie Locks
07-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Oxymoron .

:yawn::yawn:

Peter1469
07-03-2012, 06:17 PM
It's fine if you don't like Americans, but some of the best wines in the world come from California.

They certainly don't come from the UK! :grin:

Carygrant
07-04-2012, 05:03 AM
In one area that might not be true .
Many might not be aware that Champagne processing techniques were a British invention some twenty years before Moet and Chandon started . Unfortunately there was a sufficient climate change to wreck the fledgling British industry shortly after and it left ideal conditions in northern France , centred as it is today about Rheims .
However over the last 20 years, that climate shift has been reversing and there is again considerable sparkling wine production ( cannot be called Champagne because of the Trades Description Act) across the south eastern corner of England .
It consistently is being awarded top medals in the various exhibitions in France .
As for still wine , it is probably impossible to make a sensible inter country comparison , partly because of grape , soil and climate factors . But most importantly due to style difference .
Admittedly there is much snobbiness and ignorance in the business , but when some Californian wines match prices achieved by French and particularly Bordeaux wines , I will be impressed . Only last year a single bottle of Bordeaux was purchased for about $280,000 .
Not conclusive proof of superiority in itself , but a pretty strong clue .
I know a little about the subject because one of my businesses is importing wine .
And in general terms I place both Chile and Argentina as the most interesting New World places for outstanding wines , excluding Old World -- France , Italy and Spain .

Peter1469
07-04-2012, 08:39 AM
I saw wines for 1500 euros in Montepulciano, Italy. As for these really expensive wines, very few people will ever know whether they are actually worth the cost. I stick between 20 and 100 USD and have found good wines and bad wines throughout that price spectrum.

Carygrant
07-04-2012, 10:34 AM
I saw wines for 1500 euros in Montepulciano, Italy. As for these really expensive wines, very few people will ever know whether they are actually worth the cost. I stick between 20 and 100 USD and have found good wines and bad wines throughout that price spectrum.

That range should get you some very fine wines . In fact , over here that bottom figure will get you some handsome ones .In fact , again , I am selling a Montepulciano which is very nice at the equiv't of $15.00 --- probably $20 with P and P. to you
Might have to check the cellar in a few minutes .