PDA

View Full Version : Reading is fundamental according to Dem Iowa House Rep

Calypso Jones
03-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Via Mediaite (http://www.mediaite.com/online/iowa-state-rep-proudly-reads-sex-over-sixty-during-a-floor-debate/):

What to do when you’re a member of the Iowa House of Representatives, and you’re settling into a long debate over a bill about teachers’ collective bargaining rights? If you’re Rep. Ross Paustian, you take the time to do some light reading about improving one’s life.

Rep. Paustian soon caught up with the Des Moines Register reporter who took the photo and explained that the book was a gag gift circulating the House floor, and he happened to be caught with it at that moment. According to the Register, the entire book is blank, because there isn’t that much advice for sixty-year-olds who want to have sex, har har, jokes.

Naturally, it turned into political cannon fodder for the bill’s Democrat opponents, forcing Rep. Paustian to issue an apology. “I’m getting a lot of pretty vicious emails from people, so I have to explain,” Paustian told KCRG. “The main thing is I was totally engaged in what was going on on the floor. … I knew what was going on. I knew how we were going to vote on amendments. So it wasn’t like I wasn’t paying attention to what was going on.

~~~~

dAMN can democrats be more thick? It isn't tht you were not paying attention you dickweed. IT's that your reading material was inappropriate for a representative. He doesn't see that.

Dragonborn Herald
03-20-2015, 07:27 PM
I am so sick of this everything in the entire world that the other people say is offensive crap.

Grow up people, and stop worrying about it.

You oversensitive pricks suck the life right out of everything.

We can't do this, we can't do that....

Read between the three fingers.

And grow the flock up.

GrassrootsConservative
03-20-2015, 07:48 PM
I am so sick of this everything in the entire world that the other people say is offensive crap.

Grow up people, and stop worrying about it.

You oversensitive pricks suck the life right out of everything.

We can't do this, we can't do that....

Read between the three fingers.

And grow the flock up.

Your friend silvereyes is a bigger part of the problem than CJ ever could be.

/Edit: And just how do you read between 3 fingers? The phrase is "read between the lines," because that makes sense, there's two lines in that instance, the fingers.

GrassrootsConservative
03-20-2015, 07:52 PM
I don't see how Democrats can be so dense. Stop making excuses. Just apologize for being a failure and hope for your constituents' sake that the next guy is entire evolutionary steps ahead of yourself.

Dragonborn Herald
03-20-2015, 07:56 PM
Your friend silvereyes is a bigger part of the problem than CJ ever could be.

/Edit: And just how do you read between 3 fingers? The phrase is "read between the lines," because that makes sense, there's two lines in that instance, the fingers.

You know what the middle finger is when it is raised, right?

It's my saying for it.

del
03-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Via Mediaite (http://www.mediaite.com/online/iowa-state-rep-proudly-reads-sex-over-sixty-during-a-floor-debate/):
What to do when you’re a member of the Iowa House of Representatives, and you’re settling into a long debate over a bill about teachers’ collective bargaining rights? If you’re Rep. Ross Paustian, you take the time to do some light reading about improving one’s life.

Rep. Paustian soon caught up with the Des Moines Register reporter who took the photo and explained that the book was a gag gift circulating the House floor, and he happened to be caught with it at that moment. According to the Register, the entire book is blank, because there isn’t that much advice for sixty-year-olds who want to have sex, har har, jokes.

Naturally, it turned into political cannon fodder for the bill’s Democrat opponents, forcing Rep. Paustian to issue an apology. “I’m getting a lot of pretty vicious emails from people, so I have to explain,” Paustian told KCRG. “The main thing is I was totally engaged in what was going on on the floor. … I knew what was going on. I knew how we were going to vote on amendments. So it wasn’t like I wasn’t paying attention to what was going on.

~~~~

dAMN can democrats be more thick? It isn't tht you were not paying attention you dickweed. IT's that your reading material was inappropriate for a representative. He doesn't see that.

:rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

you know that this guy is a republican, right?

A bored lawmaker was busted reading a book called "Sex After Sixty" during an important Iowa House debate, reports the Des Moines Register (http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/politics/2015/03/17/ross-paustian-iowa-house-sex-over-sixty/24934357/).Republican state Rep. Ross Paustian was supposed to have been having his say over the collective bargaining rights for teachers.
But instead, the 59-year-old became engrossed in the self-help manual by Robert Butler and Myrna Lewis.

poor calypso

fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down

del
03-20-2015, 08:08 PM
:rofl::rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

you know that this guy is a republican, right?

poor calypso

fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down

apparently, she took shedboi down with her

I don't see how Democrats can be so dense. Stop making excuses. Just apologize for being a failure and hope for your constituents' sake that the next guy is entire evolutionary steps ahead of yourself.

lol

del
03-20-2015, 08:19 PM

~~~~

dAMN can democrats republicans be more thick? It isn't that you were not paying attention you dickweed. IT's that your reading material was inappropriate for a representative. He doesn't see that.

fixed that for you, cj

Calypso Jones
03-20-2015, 08:45 PM
LOL.. well You got me. That's the first time. :wink:

Calypso Jones
03-20-2015, 08:47 PM
Gosh the guy must be a RINO. It's so typical of a leftist I just went with it. Well I stand corrected. The guy is an idiot republican..and as such, his days are numbered i'm sure.

TrueBlue
03-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Mods: Let's merge this one together with the one at:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/41312-Reading-is-fundamental-according-to-Dem-Iowa-House-Rep

del
03-20-2015, 09:34 PM
Gosh the guy must be a RINO. It's so typical of a leftist I just went with it. Well I stand corrected. The guy is an idiot republican..and as such, his days are numbered i'm sure.

if he's an idiot, he should have a bright future with the gop

Dragonborn Herald
03-20-2015, 10:11 PM
That's the thing about liberals.

They always whine about somebody else doing something and raise a b ig stink about it.

Then they turn around and do it themselves.

PolWatch
03-21-2015, 12:15 AM
Duplicate Threads Merged

Redrose
03-21-2015, 12:28 AM
if he's an idiot, he should have a bright future with the gop

quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Green Arrow
03-21-2015, 02:03 AM
Why is it inappropriate reading material for a representative?