PDA

View Full Version : London 2012 calling . It's the olympics

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 11:50 AM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/bolt-shocked-by-blake-at-trials-043915880.html

Can't wait .
Any interesting pre- news ?
Here's something .
Bolt beaten in the Jamaican trials in the fastest time this year .
Finishing order .
Blake
Bolt
Powell
What a line up with Gay and Gatlin .
On the final day , Bolt will lose the plot and run a stupid time like 9.45 with the young pretender right behind .
How did two sprinting freaks come together from the same small island ?
More important , what undetectable herb are they chewing which makes them look so great and then go robotic when they run ?

MMC
06-30-2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GMHzN8FrhU

Don't worry theres a new Pretender for the Gold. :laugh:

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I was wondering when it starts...
The Olympic Games take place from July 27 until August 12, 2012.

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Have arranged my stay in Ukraine between the end of the European Football and Helsinki athletics and the start of the Olympics .
Has anybody checked the Ukraine women's results in Helsinki ?
Rife for cynics and conspiracy theorists.
Pray I am wrong .

MMC
06-30-2012, 05:16 PM
What do you think about the Saudi Women that will be allowed to enter this year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzcXTiVd5gE

Also shouldn't Dodgeball be one of the Games in the Olympics. Rather than Two Man beach-volley ball.

Carygrant
06-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Schit . I thought our plans to beat the Yanks would be new .
Perhaps we can feed them decent food and watch them explode .
Apropos of nothing , is that Mrs Clinton the nearest we have ever come to finding an alien amongst us ?

MMC
06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Schit . I thought our plans to beat the Yanks would be new .
Perhaps we can feed them decent food and watch them explode .
Apropos of nothing , is that Mrs Clinton the nearest we have ever come to finding an alien amongst us ?

Just as long as it isn't kippers for breakfest.....we wouldn't want to be accused of cheating in Bednobs and Broomsticks. :grin:

Nah.....thats not Hillary. Thats Benny Hill in women's clothing.....again! :laugh:

Goldie Locks
06-30-2012, 06:14 PM
I love the summer Olympics...swimming, diving, track and my favorite...gymnastics, since I lived gymnastics for about 20 years...my daughter was a collegiate gymnast.

Trinnity
06-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Has anybody checked the Ukraine women's results in Helsinki ?
Rife for cynics and conspiracy theorists.
How so? I'm interested in the back story there.

Carygrant
07-02-2012, 02:42 AM
Cheating is an on going matter , and the more so given the fantastic turnover in betting , particularly in Asia .
Historically it is now common knowledge how Eastern European countries used sports as a sort of general propaganda medium and sports people were raised on a diet of ghastly cocktails -- mostly steroids in those days . China joined in for a period but their swimmers gave the game away by breaking every world record for every distance and often by huge margins all in a very short time frame .
Those selected examples are a sort of Nation Fixing Scandals , as distinct from individuals from almost every country in the world always trying to beat the system -- after all , winning a gold is a passport to life fame and earnings of millions --provided you are never caught .
Last week we had the European Athletics Games in Helsinki and in particular the Ukraine women's team results caught my attention .Their results were amazing and " light years " ahead of anything previous .
I am over there in ten days time and will be following this up , but have already asked one or two friends there whether there might be a more natural explanation --- a considerable injection of funds over the last few years , or new coaching systems , perhaps headed by imported top international coaches .
Apparently , we have the strictest rules and systems for catching cheats in the world , but inevitably detection follows invention and the drugs war is more a question of catching up on new methods and substances , than winning it .
So my earlier comment was more a personal query based on unusual results from a number of people across most of the disciplines , rather than exceptional performances of one or two developing talents .
In Eastern Germany and Russia the youngsters themselves never had an inkling of what was being done to them and/or had no real options for refusing to be party for what was wholesale fraud and endemic corruption . You would have thought that it would be impossible to "get away" with something similar now , but where money and fame are involved , there is no limit to greed and bad practises .
But just in case there are any Ukies aboard , I am not making accusations , just raising my eyebrows .