PDA

View Full Version : Abe and Whites simply did not want Blacks in the West

Bob
03-22-2015, 11:37 PM
An author on CSPAN explains a part of history I have never seen discussed.

Slaves and expansion to the West.

A woman asked the author, how can they be abolitionists yet not like blacks?

He replied, almost all whites wanted no slaves to get to the West to keep out blacks.

Even in NY City those making clothes for fugitive slaves to wear, really wanted them out of the USA.

Abe commented he wanted them sent to far off places.

Watch the author handle all questions He gives you lots of details.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?324420-1/words-eric-foner

Common
03-23-2015, 12:11 AM
We know now all the plots failed.

Green Arrow
03-23-2015, 12:13 AM
Go buy a shovel if you're going to keep digging a hole, Bob.

Dragonborn Herald
03-23-2015, 12:20 AM
This is definately Bobbing along.

Bob
03-23-2015, 12:23 AM
Go buy a shovel if you're going to keep digging a hole, Bob.

I believe you said you liked CSPAN? I find it very informative.

Before you fly off the handle, watch the video. I gave it to you for free.

Bob
03-23-2015, 12:24 AM
This is definately Bobbing along.

Actually it is Cspanning along.

Watch the video before finding fault with me and my commentary.

Bob
03-23-2015, 12:24 AM
We know now all the plots failed.

Did you watch the CSPAN video?

Common
03-23-2015, 12:35 AM
No, I dont have too I already know the results of all their plots and ideas. Blacks are 12% of the population.

Dragonborn Herald
03-23-2015, 12:41 AM
We all come out of africa.

Bob
03-23-2015, 12:42 AM
We all come out of africa.

I will be damned. Do you mean the Whites in Africa?

Bob
03-23-2015, 12:43 AM
No, I dont have too I already know the results of all their plots and ideas. Blacks are 12% of the population.

The buggers escaped? Is that what you said to me?

Candace Camp
03-23-2015, 12:45 AM
Looks like their mistake was pretending emancipation was for moral reasons in the first place.

And that's always the problem with every war we undertake. We ultimately fail because we are obsessed with creating some moral high ground.

Bob
03-23-2015, 12:47 AM
Looks like their mistake was pretending emancipation was for moral reasons in the first place.

And that's always the problem with every war we undertake. We ultimately fail because we are obsessed with creating some moral high ground.

It was never for moral reasons. Abe was up to trying to win a war he thought he could lose.

Dragonborn Herald
03-23-2015, 01:50 AM
I will be $#@!ed. Do you mean the Whites in Africa?

The oldest hominid fossil was found near Mozambique. it is estimated to be 3.2 million years old.

Bob
03-23-2015, 01:13 PM
The oldest hominid fossil was found near Mozambique. it is estimated to be 3.2 million years old.

So?

Safety
03-23-2015, 01:20 PM

Don't tease Bob, he's 76 years young, he can't possibly fathom being wrong for so many years.

Safety
03-23-2015, 01:21 PM
An author on CSPAN explains a part of history I have never seen discussed.

He replied, almost all whites wanted no slaves to get to the West to keep out blacks.

Even in NY City those making clothes for fugitive slaves to wear, really wanted them out of the USA.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?324420-1/words-eric-foner

It really doesn't matter, Bob. You can still buy a confederate license plate holder to tide you over until the SC approves the plate.

Cigar
03-23-2015, 01:24 PM
So?

http://justin.schswdd.net/images/hello.jpg

Captain Obvious
03-23-2015, 01:29 PM
This isn't the first time I've heard this story so I tend to think there's probably some truth to it.

Bob
03-23-2015, 02:13 PM
It really doesn't matter, Bob. You can still buy a confederate license plate holder to tide you over until the SC approves the plate.

Good idea. Now where to find a confederate plate??? I won't be able to put it on my car. This is California.

Safety
03-23-2015, 02:14 PM
Good idea. Now where to find a confederate plate??? I won't be able to put it on my car. This is California.

#firstworldproblems

del
03-23-2015, 02:41 PM
This isn't the first time I've heard this story so I tend to think there's probably some truth to it.

yeah, like jack and the beanstalk

The Sage of Main Street
03-23-2015, 03:05 PM
We all come out of africa. When Whites were in the African jungle, they were already a different race.

donttread
03-23-2015, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE=Bob;1010428]An author on CSPAN explains a part of history I have never seen discussed.

Jefferson felt that the two "sides" would never forget and he wasn't wrong was he. We mended feelings with Japan and Germany in mere decades but we did not live together.

Bob
03-23-2015, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=Bob;1010428]An author on CSPAN explains a part of history I have never seen discussed.

Jefferson felt that the two "sides" would never forget and he wasn't wrong was he. We mended feelings with Japan and Germany in mere decades but we did not live together.

Abe felt the same way. Abe came up with a brilliant plan. If he could take blacks back home, it would work out for them very well. He proposed using some islands. It would give them freedom. And I believe he wanted them to be shipped to Honduras. Some jungle there he figured might work out.

Green Arrow
03-23-2015, 09:47 PM
Bob, why do you want a confederate plate? You're a Californian, you don't live in a former confederate state so the history should be relatively meaningless to you.

Safety
03-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Bob, why do you want a confederate plate? You're a Californian, you don't live in a former confederate state so the history should be relatively meaningless to you.

The same reason Cigar would wear an African medallion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green Arrow
03-23-2015, 10:16 PM
The same reason Cigar would wear an African medallion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novelty?

Safety
03-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Novelty?

Exactly.

Bob
03-23-2015, 11:41 PM
@Bob (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1013), why do you want a confederate plate? You're a Californian, you don't live in a former confederate state so the history should be relatively meaningless to you.

I won't pay CA for such a plate. My family came to CA. I believe it was in Oklahoma I was conceived. Never talked to mom about it. But the family left Oklahoma in 1937 I believe and i was born in August 38.

Fact is, a lot of my roots are in the south. Grandfathers back to North Carolina and then then some of the family ended up in TX and Oklahoma as well as states east. My Mom came from Oklahoma.

I have a confederate battle flag partly to honor those that fought for our freedom in the South.