PDA

View Full Version : Americans Polled on Obamacare

Chris
07-01-2012, 02:22 PM
For what it's worth...

Support for Obamacare rises after supreme court ruling (http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/support_for_obamacare_rises_after_supreme_court_ru ling)
Support for Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul has risen since it was upheld by the US supreme court, but most people still oppose the law, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.

The online survey showed increased backing from Republicans and, crucially, the political independents whose support will be essential to winning the presidential election on 6 November.

Obamacare was supported by 38% of independents in the poll, which was conducted after the court ruled on Thursday that the law was constitutional. That was up from 27% from a Reuters/Ipsos poll days before the ruling.

Among all registered voters, support for the law rose to 48% from 43% before the court decision.

Among Republicans, 81% opposed the bill, down from 86% in the earlier poll. Three-quarters of Democrats backed the bill, the same as a week earlier.

The supreme court ruling also seems to be energizing opposition to Obamacare.

In the new poll, 53% of registered voters said they would be more likely to vote for their member of Congress if he or she ran on a platform of repealing the law, up from 46% before the ruling....

Didn't an earlier Rasmussen poll put it at 53% as well?

IMO, voting for Congress will be far more important than voting for President.

wingrider
07-01-2012, 02:41 PM
For what it's worth...

Support for Obamacare rises after supreme court ruling (http://digg.com/newsbar/topnews/support_for_obamacare_rises_after_supreme_court_ru ling)

Didn't an earlier Rasmussen poll put it at 53% as well?

IMO, voting for Congress will be far more important than voting for President.
yeppers, controling congress and the senate is imperative at this juncture.. a cool perk would be take the presidency also, but that may be a bit of a stretch unless Obama does something to trash his chances,,, I think the more people understand what just happened to thier liberties with this SC ruling the better Romneys chances will be.. that is if Johnson doesn't siphon off to many independat and republican votes,,

Trinnity
07-01-2012, 02:50 PM
It's just a bump post scotus ruling. The dummies don't know any better.

Chris
07-01-2012, 02:53 PM
yeppers, controling congress and the senate is imperative at this juncture.. a cool perk would be take the presidency also, but that may be a bit of a stretch unless Obama does something to trash his chances,,, I think the more people understand what just happened to thier liberties with this SC ruling the better Romneys chances will be.. that is if Johnson doesn't siphon off to many independat and republican votes,,

I don't know, a divided government does better for America, a united Republican COngress and Administration wouldn't be any better than was the united Democrat Congress and Administration that pass Obamacare.

wingrider
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
sheep are like that..

reminds me of when I was a youngster in school , I was raised on a sheep ranch ( do not go there ) and the teacher was expling subtraction to my brother. ao she used sheep as an example,, she sid ok ? if you had 100 sheep in a pasture and 12 got out how many would be left? my brother said NONE, the teacher said but 100 minus 12 equal 88 and my brother said ,, you don't know about sheep if 1 gets out they all will get out

coolwalker
07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
sheep are like that..

reminds me of when I was a youngster in school , I was raised on a sheep ranch ( do not go there ) and the teacher was expling subtraction to my brother. ao she used sheep as an example,, she sid ok ? if you had 100 sheep in a pasture and 12 got out how many would be left? my brother said NONE, the teacher said but 100 minus 12 equal 88 and my brother said ,, you don't know about sheep if 1 gets out they all will get out

Lord that's funny...and also very true in this case. Americans are sheep following a fool to their own demise. You are out of line if you say anything bad about him.