PDA

View Full Version : Imagine Two Candidates talking about Real Issues.

Cigar
03-27-2015, 07:15 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/11037895_817053201720315_7998477145407315940_o.jpg

I wouldn't expect a Republicans to like Elizabeth Warren.

I wouldn't expect a Democrats to like Jon Huntsman.

That said, wouldn't it be nice to like to talk about political issues, and not personalities once again?

Crepitus
03-27-2015, 07:28 AM
Imagine Two Candidates talking about Real Issues.

https://vikkik7.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/mind-blown2.jpg

mind=blown.

PolWatch
03-27-2015, 07:33 AM
When candidates can keep everyone arguing about non-issues, they don't have to answer real questions.

Cigar
03-27-2015, 07:38 AM
When candidates can keep everyone arguing about non-issues, they don't have to answer real questions.

Or Voters immediately start attacking the individual, at if they need to be able to have a Beer with a Candidate before they can Vote for them. :laugh:

Common Sense
03-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Some criticize me for talking about American politics. The truth is, I got hooked on it because of the circus it is. Canadian politics tend to focus on issues rather than personalities. Even smear campaigns during elections tend more to focus the party's platform rather than the individual. So it's more boring, but it's more effective governing.

PolWatch
03-27-2015, 07:57 AM
Some criticize me for talking about American politics. The truth is, I got hooked on it because of the circus it is. Canadian politics tend to focus on issues rather than personalities. Even smear campaigns during elections tend more to focus the party's platform rather than the individual. So it's more boring, but it's more effective governing.

Wow! what a unique idea! policy driven politics! I bet Canadian government even wastes time trying to solve problems instead of posturing all the time.....strange people, you Canadians! :rollseyes:

Cigar
03-27-2015, 07:59 AM
Wow! what a unique idea! policy driven politics! I bet Canadian government even wastes time trying to solve problems instead of posturing all the time.....strange people, you Canadians! :rollseyes:

American politics is now about Keeping Score and if you're not Winning, you're Losing.

Common Sense
03-27-2015, 08:00 AM

It's not as idealistic as I describe, but I do think that there is more focus on governing than on simply getting elected. There's also less polarization. It's just different. It's hard to describe.

PolWatch
03-27-2015, 08:04 AM
I think our system (using that term loosely) is more of a football game. My team/your team....I win/you lose. It has little to do with accomplishing any goals or concern for what is good for the nation or the citizens.

Cigar
03-27-2015, 08:22 AM
I think our system (using that term loosely) is more of a football game. My team/your team....I win/you lose. It has little to do with accomplishing any goals or concern for what is good for the nation or the citizens.

Just think about it, The Republican Party abandoned Governing for 6 years all together because of one Individual; Barack Obama. They are going to spend their entire existence to erase all evidence that Barack Obama was ever The 44th President of The United States. This is absolute Lunacy and Malpractice at it's Worst, yet no one will utter the real reason why for fear of the truth getting out.

Chris
03-27-2015, 08:25 AM
American politics is now about Keeping Score and if you're not Winning, you're Losing.

^^The problem with partisan politics.

Cigar
03-27-2015, 08:27 AM
^^The problem with partisan politics.

I learned long time ago, you have zero impact on the score, unless you're in the Game.

Otherwise you're nothing more than a Spectator or Cheerleader.

If I'm a problem, at least I can make change if I'm in the Game.

Chris
03-27-2015, 08:31 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/11037895_817053201720315_7998477145407315940_o.jpg

I wouldn't expect a Republicans to like Elizabeth Warren.

I wouldn't expect a Democrats to like Jon Huntsman.

That said, wouldn't it be nice to like to talk about political issues, and not personalities once again?

I don't like either candidate so what political stances on issues do you appreciate about them?

Cigar
03-27-2015, 08:33 AM
I don't like either candidate so what political stances on issues do you appreciate about them?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1zK25FIMAAAvhx.jpg

Chris
03-27-2015, 08:38 AM
So much for discussion of issues.

Chris
03-27-2015, 08:39 AM
I was hoping for say discussion of Warren's position on the Ex-Im Bank...

Mac-7
03-27-2015, 08:42 AM

I understand a Canadians interest in America and our politics.

Canada is a very boring place and away from the center of action.

What happens here is far more important.

But mostly none of your affair.

You have no vote and pay no taxes, but come here telling Americans what to think and sometimes insulting them personally as if you were family.

Which you are not.

Thats what I dislike.

Btw: my lawyer advises me to also say that you have every legal right to be here and in no way am I interfering with your god given (meaning the forum gods on Mt Olympus) right to post here.

Cigar
03-27-2015, 08:43 AM
So much for discussion of issues.

Rigging Voting Rules to prevent Americans from Voting is an Issue for me.

Maybe it's no big deal for you ...

http://www.quotespin.com/quotes-pics/SXQgdXNlZCB0byBiZSwgZXZlcnlvbmUgd2FzIGVudGl0bGVkIH RvIHRoZWlyIG93biBvcGluaW9uLCBidXQgbm90IHRoZWlyIG93 biBmYWN0cy4gQnV0IHRoYXQmIzM5O3Mgbm90IHRoZSBjYXNlIG FueW1vcmUuIEZhY3RzIG1hdHRlciBub3QgYXQgYWxsLiBQZXJj ZXB0aW9uIGlzIGV2ZXJ5dGhpbmcu/it-used-to-be-everyone-was-entitled-to-_stephen-colbert-quote.png

Cigar
03-27-2015, 08:59 AM
There's a HUGE Reason why Wall-Street is in FEAR of Elizabeth Warren

Wall Street banks threaten to withhold campaign funds from Dems in tantrum against Elizabeth Warren"Big Wall Street banks are so upset with Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren’s call for them to be broken up that some have discussed withholding campaign donations to Senate Democrats in symbolic protest, sources familiar with the discussions said.

Representatives from Citigroup, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs and Bank of America, have met to discuss ways to urge Democrats, including Warren and Ohio Senator Sherrod Brown, to soften their party’s tone toward Wall Street, sources familiar with the discussions said this week."

"JPMorgan representatives have met Democratic Party officials to emphasize the connection between its annual contribution and the need for a friendlier attitude toward the banks, a source familiar with JPMorgan’s donations said. In past years, the bank has given its donation in one lump sum but this year has so far donated only a third of the amount, the source said."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/wall-street-banks-threaten-to-withhold-campaign-funds-from-dems-in-tantrum-against-elizabeth-warren/

Chris
03-27-2015, 09:57 AM
Rigging Voting Rules to prevent Americans from Voting is an Issue for me.

Maybe it's no big deal for you ...

Example?