PDA

View Full Version : Ooops: Who needs Government Workers or Government Help?

Cigar
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/firerd.jpg

I wonder how Mittens explains this away for people who live in Colorado?

Mainecoons
07-02-2012, 11:54 AM
What does this service amount to? 0.001 percent of the budget?

This is your favorite bogus argument--trot out the few useful things government does these days, which amount to a couple of percent of the budget, so you can sucker people into keeping all that deadwood.

patrickt
07-03-2012, 07:55 AM
I was a police officer. Totally corrupt and sleazy politicians like President Obama always talk about firemen, police officers, and school teachers. Then when they get their money it goes to Solyndra, more support for deadbeats and thugs, and we still have the sleazy politicians whining for more. And the sad thing is that for most of the problems, sinply hiring more isn't the answer.

Someone else said, "If you're doing something and it isn't working, for god's sake to do something else." Government is the only organization that thinks a program funded with millions that has failed will work if we fund billions. Gigar is sure he can hammer screws if he just buys a really expensive hammer.

Cigar
07-03-2012, 08:12 AM
I was a police officer. Totally corrupt and sleazy politicians like President Obama always talk about firemen, police officers, and school teachers. Then when they get their money it goes to Solyndra, more support for deadbeats and thugs, and we still have the sleazy politicians whining for more. And the sad thing is that for most of the problems, sinply hiring more isn't the answer.

Someone else said, "If you're doing something and it isn't working, for god's sake to do something else." Government is the only organization that thinks a program funded with millions that has failed will work if we fund billions. Gigar is sure he can hammer screws if he just buys a really expensive hammer.

Pardon me for interrupting your rant ... but I have question for you; when you enter the numbers 911 on your Phone; who answers .... President Obama?

patrickt
07-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Pardon me for interrupting your rant ... but I have question for you; when you enter the numbers 911 on your Phone; who answers .... President Obama?

Pardon me for wonderful wtf you're talking about. You start a thread promoting federal funding for firemen and then drift off into your nonsense. When you call 911, genius, a call-taker at the local emergency communications center answers, maybe. And when politicians want more money for police, fire fighters, teachers, oh, and nurses you can bet the last thing you'll see if more police, fire fighters, teachers, or nurses. I think police officers should wear uniformas with the name of the politicians paying for them. Then we might hire a few more. Policitians do love having their name on things. That might be second only to money in their pocket.

When our city was building a fourth homeless shelter someone thought to ask, where are they all coming from? The liberals were not happy with the answer. Everywhere except our city.

MMC
07-03-2012, 09:37 AM
My wife is a teacher.....and she will definately tell you how that plays out with those Union Heads. Read between the lies.....We need more teachers, We need more education. Which is all true and Obama does not lie. But then.....

Cost of Education has skyrocketed, prices keep going up for Education. There is no Vocational Teaching enmasse. So we will lower interests rates for Students and now Obama is talking about wiping out their debt. Yet we need to get rid of bad teachers, and Administrators. So we will hire more. Which then the Demos can raid that money they have to put into those teachers pensions.

coolwalker
07-03-2012, 04:17 PM
My wife is a teacher.....and she will definately tell you how that plays out with those Union Heads. Read between the lies.....We need more teachers, We need more education. Which is all true and Obama does not lie. But then.....

Cost of Education has skyrocketed, prices keep going up for Education. There is no Vocational Teaching enmasse. So we will lower interests rates for Students and now Obama is talking about wiping out their debt. Yet we need to get rid of bad teachers, and Administrators. So we will hire more. Which then the Demos can raid that money they have to put into those teachers pensions.

My wife also teaches. She is a Gifted Resource Teacher, teaching the gifted students. The budget for that program has shrunk and shrunk to nearly nothing, but everyone wants America to do better. How much better can we do when the truly gifted children are stacked in with the louts who don't care if they are there or not? She also hasn't had a pay raise in 3 years. Now as for weeding out bad teachers, there are some great techers that due to the students they got at the beginning of the year, drag them down. A teacher can lead the children to the fountain of knowledge, but can't "force" them to drink from it. This all goes back to parenting, which few have the time for because everyone has to work just to keep their heads above water. Washington needs a wake-up call. Not one person should be re-elected this next election. That would send a message that the American people are a force not to be messed with; balance our budget you nitwits!