PDA

View Full Version : Mods?

Howey
03-29-2015, 03:32 PM
Can you change the time period for reporting posts?

I'm going to be busy.

Thanks

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Prelude to a drama?

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 04:26 PM
ok - I just saw what you're shitting the bed over and to a degree I agree.

Bo took the first (or subsequent) shot though, it's contributory negligence from what I can tell. Maybe not equally contributory but contributory nonetheless. It's not the mods jobs to find all of it and decide who threw the first crayon though.

THIS IS WHAT I HATE NOWADAYS ABOUT THIS FORUM. What the hell? We got a conservative mod and all of a sudden it's ok to troll family members? @Dr. Who (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=612), @PolWatch (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1099): This is what I'm talking about.

Everyone else: When you see stuff like this, REPORT IT! It's the only way to get rid of the trolls!

Howey
03-29-2015, 04:34 PM
ok - I just saw what you're $#@!ting the bed over and to a degree I agree.

Bo took the first (or subsequent) shot though, it's contributory negligence from what I can tell. Maybe not equally contributory but contributory nonetheless. It's not the mods jobs to find all of it and decide who threw the first crayon though.

Bo has been spoken to. Others are getting away with tooooooo much. I'm sick of the excuse "But he did it too!"

Peter1469
03-29-2015, 04:35 PM
Can you change the time period for reporting posts?

I'm going to be busy.

Thanks

What do you mean? PM me. No need to bore the forum.

Mister D
03-29-2015, 04:35 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

del
03-29-2015, 04:46 PM
it's a very difficult and important job

The Xl
03-29-2015, 04:52 PM

Cereal bidness?

gamewell45
03-29-2015, 04:58 PM
Having served as a Mod in another forum, I can relate to the difficulties as serving as a Mod, especially in a political forum where many viewpoints are presented. I can only suggest that you never make it personal nor direct colorful metaphors towards one another since it only detracts from having rational and civil discourse between members of the forum. It's always ok to disagree on viewpoints, just keep it civil.

Howey
03-29-2015, 05:07 PM
Having served as a Mod in another forum, I can relate to the difficulties as serving as a Mod, especially in a political forum where many viewpoints are presented. I can only suggest that you never make it personal nor direct colorful metaphors towards one another since it only detracts from having rational and civil discourse between members of the forum. It's always ok to disagree on viewpoints, just keep it civil.

This forum used to be like that.

gamewell45
03-29-2015, 05:08 PM
This forum used to be like that.

I believe it's never too late to turn the tide. Of course I've always been an optimist! :)

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 05:14 PM

Still trying to convince yourself, eh?

Boris The Animal
03-29-2015, 05:18 PM
This forum used to be like that.Was until you and True Blue (who I know from another forum) arrived. ;)

Boris The Animal
03-29-2015, 05:18 PM
I believe it's never too late to turn the tide. Of course I've always been an optimist! :)You mean turn it into another Liberal circle jerk whenever Conservatives get driven away?

Dr. Who
03-29-2015, 05:34 PM
You mean turn it into another Liberal circle jerk whenever Conservatives get driven away?
No one wants any kind of "circle jerk" or an echo chamber. What we would like is for members to behave like civilized adults and resist the impulse to poke each other in the eyes. If you can't resist the impulse, then do everyone else a favor, don't reply. We also have the option to put members on ignore. It would be nice if those people who cannot abide each other would make use of the feature instead of spoiling threads for everyone else.

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 05:34 PM
No one wants any kind of "circle jerk" or an echo chamber. What we would like is for members to behave like civilized adults and resist the impulse to poke each other in the eyes. If you can't resist the impulse, then do everyone else a favor, don't reply. We also have the option to put members on ignore. It would be nice if those people who cannot abide each other would make use of the feature instead of spoiling threads for everyone else.

Some people love too much what they hate.

Boris The Animal
03-29-2015, 05:36 PM
Poke them in the eye? I'd rather obliterate their ideology. I see firsthand what unchecked Liberalism has done. Civility is for the tea and biscuit crowd.

Dr. Who
03-29-2015, 05:37 PM
Some people love too much what they hate.
Sadly, that's true.

Dr. Who
03-29-2015, 05:39 PM
Poke them in the eye? I'd rather obliterate their ideology. I see firsthand what unchecked Liberalism has done. Civility is for the tea and biscuit crowd.
Civility is a requirement on this forum. Ignore the rules at your own peril.

Boris The Animal
03-29-2015, 05:41 PM
Civility is a requirement on this forum. Ignore the rules at your own peril.So is it my left pinky or my right one that I raise?

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 05:45 PM
So is it my left pinky or my right one that I raise?

The small one in the middle.

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 05:46 PM
Sadly, that's true.

It is true I believe, it's part of the psychology of internet forums.

People love to bicker and they love dirty laundry. The venue gives them a conduit to express their personality disorders.

Not all people mind you, many of them I guess.

Boris The Animal
03-29-2015, 05:49 PM
The small one in the middle.Civility is for the pointyheads who think they know better than everyone else. This is all out war for the very soul of America. And if you cannot accept the fact that we are beyond civility, then the loss is yours.

Dr. Who
03-29-2015, 05:50 PM
It is true I believe, it's part of the psychology of internet forums.

People love to bicker and they love dirty laundry. The venue gives them a conduit to express their personality disorders.

Not all people mind you, many of them I guess.
There are plenty of no holds barred forums, why not go there?

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Civility is for the pointyheads who think they know better than everyone else. This is all out war for the very soul of America. And if you cannot accept the fact that we are beyond civility, then the loss is yours.

Make sure you have plenty of duct tape.

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 05:53 PM
There are plenty of no holds barred forums, why not go there?

Plenty of hookers too, why not just have sex with them?

I think you'll get that analogy too.

Dr. Who
03-29-2015, 05:58 PM
Civility is for the pointyheads who think they know better than everyone else. This is all out war for the very soul of America. And if you cannot accept the fact that we are beyond civility, then the loss is yours.
No one can convince anyone that they are the voice of reason, if their behavior is unreasonable. Instead they do their side a disservice by making them seem like overbearing and obnoxious boors who would prefer to deliver an insult than come up with a compelling argument. Governments use diplomacy for a reason.

Boris The Animal
03-29-2015, 06:04 PM
No one can convince anyone that they are the voice of reason, if their behavior is unreasonable. Instead they do their side a disservice by making them seem like overbearing and obnoxious boors who would prefer to deliver an insult than come up with a compelling argument. Governments use diplomacy for a reason.And 10 times out of 10, diplomacy fails.

PolWatch
03-29-2015, 06:06 PM
They fail because they don't have Dr. Who enforcing the rules....

Common
03-29-2015, 06:06 PM
Prelude to a drama?

Ok Capt STFU now thanks

Common
03-29-2015, 06:07 PM

lol dramatic much

Dr. Who
03-29-2015, 06:07 PM
And 10 times out of 10, diplomacy fails.
Do you have some statistics on that?

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 06:08 PM
They fail because they don't have Dr. Who enforcing the rules....

WARNING: QUESTION MOD ACTIONS... BLAH BLAH AND ALL THAT!

:biglaugh:

PolWatch
03-29-2015, 06:09 PM
WARNING: QUESTION MOD ACTIONS... BLAH BLAH AND ALL THAT!

:biglaugh:

that's it Capt....stand in the corner for 15 minutes & I don't want to hear a peep outta ya!

Boris The Animal
03-29-2015, 06:12 PM
Do you have some statistics on that?You cannot negotiate with the enemy.

Common
03-29-2015, 06:13 PM
You cannot negotiate with the enemy.

Its obvious theres no reasoning with you, anyone that can take this so seriously needs help

Captain Obvious
03-29-2015, 06:14 PM
You cannot negotiate with the enemy.

And you cannot rationalize with a dining room table.

Mister D
03-29-2015, 06:15 PM
BTW, part of the problem is that some members like Howey, for example, seem to insist on taking any and all disagreement as a personal insult. I've also seen some truly bizarre interpretations of member comments. The outrage surrounding the wife beating comment is the most recent example but it's a good one.

Dr. Who
03-29-2015, 06:56 PM
BTW, part of the problem is that some members like Howey, for example, seem to insist on taking any and all disagreement as a personal insult. I've also seen some truly bizarre interpretations of member comments. The outrage surrounding the wife beating comment is the most recent example but it's a good one.
Please don't call out members.

Beevee
03-29-2015, 09:43 PM
I have an idea.

Make me a mod.

I'll tell anyone who reports a post to grow up and get a life.

There! And I'll do it for free. Just in case someone was offering me the post for money.

silvereyes
03-30-2015, 08:50 AM
Bo has been spoken to. Others are getting away with tooooooo much. I'm sick of the excuse "But he did it too!"
Butbutbut....i dint do nuffin...i swear. Im ee-no-cent. :( I wasnt ever there! I has an alibi! Thats my story and im stickin to it like glue.:)

silvereyes
03-30-2015, 08:52 AM
You mean turn it into another Liberal circle jerk whenever Conservatives get driven away?
Oh snap. Oh yeah. Repubs never, ever do that. Them pubs are pristine.not

Cthulhu
03-31-2015, 02:41 AM
This.

Adelaide and I disagree on gobs of stuff. But she remains one of my favorite people to debate because she doesn't devolve into slinging buzz words to and fro.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.