PDA

View Full Version : Obama campaign call affirms money anxiety

Trinnity
07-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Obama campaign call affirms money anxiety (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-campaign-call-affirms-money-anxiety/2012/07/01/gJQAqjIpGW_story.html?hpid=z12)

Leaked details of a plaintive phone call from President Obama to some of his biggest donors this weekend offered a rare and revealing look into the typically private rituals of big-dollar campaign fundraising. The pitch also affirmed the campaign’s anxiety about lagging behind (http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-super-pac-headed-by-strategist-karl-rove-reaped-4-million-in-donations-in-may/2012/06/20/gJQAZk0frV_story.html) in the money race.

“In 2008 everything was new and exciting (we were the shit!) about our campaign,” Obama told the unidentified donors, according to the Daily Beast. “And now I’m the incumbent president. I’ve got gray hair. People have seen disappointment because folks had a vision of change happening immediately. And it turns out change is hard, especially when you’ve got an obstructionist Republican Congress.” Blame it on them, hahaha ^

:sad2: Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh send me mo' money or we can't fundamentally change America. I can't do it in 4, but I can in 8, I promise!!! :yap:

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Cigar
07-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Don't worry Trinnity ... I got some extra cash. :)

Trinnity
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
What, you're gonna give them back what they pay you to spam up this place? Go ahead, they're wasting the money anyway.

bladimz
07-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Mitt says: "corporations are people..." Open up: here comes the money, you mealy flip-flopping fish you.

Mainecoons
07-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Ain't it the truth? If Cigar is the best the DNC boiler room can come up with, they are in serious, serious trouble.

:grin:

Cigar
07-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Ain't it the truth? If Cigar is the best the DNC boiler room can come up with, they are in serious, serious trouble.

:grin:

The Boiler Room Temperature is just fine ... thank you:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/photo1.jpg

MMC
07-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Yes I heard this today from the Daily Beast They have tapes of Obama's calls from Air Force One Calling Donors telling him he needs more money. That he is worried about losing the House, Senate, and even the Presidency. Sounds like a man who is showing the pressure is getting to him for lieing to the American People.

All that Transparency in all of US History. :laugh:

patrickt
07-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Truly greedy people have "money anxiety" no matter how much money they have. Greed, whether it's about money or food or sex, is driven by the need for more. There is no concept of "enough". I suspect President Obama has both money anxiety and power anxiety.

wingrider
07-03-2012, 05:30 AM
what can I say?? it couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

wingrider
07-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Don't worry Trinnity ... I got some extra cash. :) go ahead and donate all you got on a lost cause.. after all it is your money to waste

Cigar
07-03-2012, 07:35 AM
go ahead and donate all you got on a lost cause.. after all it is your money to waste

Exactly ... I'm glad I got your permission first. :tongue:

Trinnity
07-03-2012, 08:19 AM
No one needs to give you permission to be foolish.

coolwalker
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
The Boiler Room Temperature is just fine ... thank you:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/photo1.jpg

I'm sure you are proud of this showroom. Odd however that there is nothing in it that looks lived in. No magazines, no paintings on the wall. Gosh, just like something out of a sales ctalog. Oh, maybe you live at SEARS. Me, I go more for Ethan Allen, traditional you know.

bladimz
07-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Truly greedy people have "money anxiety" no matter how much money they have. Greed, whether it's about money or food or sex, is driven by the need for more. There is no concept of "enough". I suspect President Obama has both money anxiety and power anxiety.You got that right. Greed is exactly what drives the 1%ers. MORE money. MORE power.

Mainecoons
07-04-2012, 11:38 AM
Of course Obama isn't a one percenter. Nope.

Captain Obvious
07-04-2012, 11:40 AM

Exactly, he's just another rich white guy.

Mainecoons
07-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Half white and half assed, actually.

However, I suspect it is OK with the Blads of the world if you get rich sucking off the taxpayer as opposed to doing something productive and maybe employing some people while you are at it. That is evil.

I saw this mentality explained very well the other day: The Blads of the world believe that if you burn down the rich guys house that they will live better. Of course every time this has happened, the result has been mass misery.

DonGlock26
07-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Blame it on them, hahaha ^

:sad2: Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh send me mo' money or we can't fundamentally change America. I can't do it in 4, but I can in 8, I promise!!! :yap:

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Obama is the blackberry of the political world. No one wants to buy him either. LOL!!!!

_

Peter1469
07-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Welcome- nice avatar , from Rome, correct?

patrickt
07-10-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't think we should make fun of people with phobias. I have a bit of claustrophobia but I fight it and I will not make fun of a guy with a monkey phobia. If I had ears like that I might have a monkey phobia. What? Say What? Money phobia. Oh. Never mind.

bladimz
07-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Huh? He's not?? He says he is, and he's willing to revert the tax code as it was under the Clinton administration, when jobs where plentiful and the debt was sustanible. What a vicious concept!

bladimz
07-10-2012, 07:02 PM
Half white and half assed, actually.

However, I suspect it is OK with the Blads of the world if you get rich sucking off the taxpayer as opposed to doing something productive and maybe employing some people while you are at it. That is evil.

I saw this mentality explained very well the other day: The Blads of the world believe that if you burn down the rich guys house that they will live better. Of course every time this has happened, the result has been mass misery.If you consider that an acceptable explanation, you are beyond delusional, and suffer from Bladiphobia.

Mainecoons
07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
You may not burn their house down, Blad, but you sure suffer badly from class envy. I've watched it for a while now. Did some rich guy screw you in your business?