PDA

View Full Version : O'Malley: Presidency no 'crown to be passed between 2 families'

Common
03-30-2015, 01:21 AM
This guy sounds like hes getting serious. Ive been reading about him, hes further left than Hillary for sure.

Former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley stepped up his criticism of Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton on Sunday, breaking with a previous strategy of ignoring questions about her.

Without ever directly attacking the former secretary of state during an appearance on ABC’s “This Week,” O’Malley portrayed himself as a new face for the Democratic Party and a progressive alternative, more willing to directly confront inequality and take on Wall Street

I think that our country always benefits from new leadership and new perspectives,” he said. “Let’s be honest here, the presidency of the United States is not some crown to be passed between two families. It is an awesome and sacred trust.”

The former governor, who often trails Clinton by 50 percentage points or more in early-state polls, could end up being Clinton’s only challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is also weighing a race, and Vice President Joe Biden has yet to rule it out.
“We need a president who is ready to take on powerful and wealthy special interests,” O’Malley said.
Asked if Clinton was the right candidate to take on those special interests, O’Malley said: “I don’t know. I don’t know where she stands. Will she represent a break with the failed policies of the past? I don’t know.”
O’Malley, who endorsed Clinton over President Barack Obama in 2008, had shunned questions about Clinton since he left office early this year. But he has lately stepped up his attacks on Wall Street, potentially attempting to woo supporters of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and highlighting an area where Clinton is weak with progressives.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/martin-omalley-2016-jeb-bush-hillary-clinton-116489.html#ixzz3VqbGCPrd

Bob
03-30-2015, 01:26 AM
Hillary won't win.

Common
03-30-2015, 08:42 AM
Win what

exotix
03-30-2015, 08:44 AM
A little too unknown and with little experience on the national and international stage.

Common
03-30-2015, 08:46 AM
A far left progressive candidate cannot win for the democrats. I dont believe

exotix
03-30-2015, 08:46 AM
Hillary won't win.
You say that now before the conservative clown show primaries ?

Have you no shame sir ... LOL

SoonToBe2LT
03-30-2015, 08:56 AM
This guy sounds like hes getting serious. Ive been reading about him, hes further left than Hillary for sure.

Former Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley stepped up his criticism of Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton on Sunday, breaking with a previous strategy of ignoring questions about her.

Without ever directly attacking the former secretary of state during an appearance on ABC’s “This Week,” O’Malley portrayed himself as a new face for the Democratic Party and a progressive alternative, more willing to directly confront inequality and take on Wall Street

I think that our country always benefits from new leadership and new perspectives,” he said. “Let’s be honest here, the presidency of the United States is not some crown to be passed between two families. It is an awesome and sacred trust.”

The former governor, who often trails Clinton by 50 percentage points or more in early-state polls, could end up being Clinton’s only challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) is also weighing a race, and Vice President Joe Biden has yet to rule it out.
“We need a president who is ready to take on powerful and wealthy special interests,” O’Malley said.
Asked if Clinton was the right candidate to take on those special interests, O’Malley said: “I don’t know. I don’t know where she stands. Will she represent a break with the failed policies of the past? I don’t know.”
O’Malley, who endorsed Clinton over President Barack Obama in 2008, had shunned questions about Clinton since he left office early this year. But he has lately stepped up his attacks on Wall Street, potentially attempting to woo supporters of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and highlighting an area where Clinton is weak with progressives.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/martin-omalley-2016-jeb-bush-hillary-clinton-116489.html#ixzz3VqbGCPrd

My political views are like polar opposite of O'Malley, but I respect him for two reasons:

1. He's real. He said what needed to be said. Hillary and Jeb are running off of their names. If this were about a resume, neither would be even close. ESPECIALLY Hillary. Her political career is horrible!

2. He's remained true to his political beliefs. He's not a Kerry.

Would I vote for this dude? Nope. But I respect him as a person. I'd get a beer with him.

nic34
03-30-2015, 09:02 AM
A far left progressive candidate cannot win for the democrats. I dont believe

That's what everyone said about Obama. Even with that name.

And he didn't turn out to be all that far left.

nic34
03-30-2015, 09:04 AM
Would I vote for this dude? Nope. But I respect him as a person. I'd get a beer with him.

Kinda like GWBush.

Common
That's what everyone said about Obama. Even with that name.

And he didn't turn out to be all that far left.

True, but Obama had being black on his side and for once that was a real Plus

Common
My political views are like polar opposite of O'Malley, but I respect him for two reasons:

1. He's real. He said what needed to be said. Hillary and Jeb are running off of their names. If this were about a resume, neither would be even close. ESPECIALLY Hillary. Her political career is horrible!

Thats a decent and reasonable way to put it :)

Reason10
03-30-2015, 09:06 AM

By all means. Join the fun. Suck the votes from Hillary while the GOP (maybe) gets its shitt together and nominates a conservative.

nic34
03-30-2015, 09:14 AM
True, but Obama had being black on his side and for once that was a real Plus

Not buyin' the black thing....

Bob
03-30-2015, 09:28 AM
You say that now before the conservative clown show primaries ?

Have you no shame sir ... LOL

I say that before your party clown shows. :grin:

Common
03-30-2015, 09:35 AM
Not buyin' the black thing....

Then we can respectfully disagree, I think that helped him quite a bit, especially with the younger vote. I could be wrong but thats what I believe

The Sage of Main Street
03-30-2015, 09:42 AM

Kinda like GWBush. I'd snort some Koch with Cowboy Georgie.

SoonToBe2LT
03-30-2015, 11:09 AM
I'd snort some Koch with Cowboy Georgie.

And light a doobie with Obama? :-)