PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Chuck Schumer says he has support to replace Harry Reid

Common
03-30-2015, 09:17 AM
In his first public comments since Sen. Harry Reid’s retirement announcement set him up to possibly become the next Senate Democratic leader, Sen. Chuck Schumer said Sunday he’s received “overwhelming support” for the bid.

“I am running for leader of the Democratic caucus when leader Reid retires. I am humbled, gratified by the overwhelming support that my colleagues have shown me in recent days,” Schumer said. “And I will do my best to make New York, our country, and my colleagues proud.”

Reid, the Nevada senator and minority leader, said Friday he would not seek reelection in 2016 and endorsed Schumer to succeed him.

Schumer said New York constituents should not worry he will neglect home state duties as he eyes the national post.

“I want to tell my constituents, my dearly beloved New Yorkers, that I will continue to work as hard as I always have for New York. It’s in my bones, and it will not diminish,” he said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/sen-chuck-schumer-support-replace-harry-reid-article-1.2166495

Captain Obvious
03-30-2015, 09:19 AM
A borg goes down, another steps into it's place.

birddog
03-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Chuckie the gungrabber! I wonder if he has an armed bodyguard.

texan
03-30-2015, 09:41 AM
The most important thing for Chucky now is that he flip flops out of the gate on the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 that he was a huge supporter back then and until Friday of last week.

BUT BUT BUT it was different!

exotix
03-30-2015, 09:43 AM
The most important thing for Chucky now is that he flip flops out of the gate on the Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 that he was a huge supporter back then and until Friday of last week.

BUT BUT BUT it was different!
Why don't you come on down here to Alabama and let conservative backsliding Baptists dictate your life.

Cigar
03-30-2015, 09:45 AM
Chuckie the gungrabber! I wonder if he has an armed bodyguard.

I've lived in Illinois for 50 years and not once has anyone Grabbed my Guns.

Please explain why?

Common
03-30-2015, 09:48 AM
I read this and chuckled, they rail on schumer and they have McConnel and Boehner who cries more than he smiles