PDA

View Full Version : Most Americans Want Voting To Be Easier

Howey
03-30-2015, 07:46 PM
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6970896

Most Americans are in favor of enacting a similar proposal in their own state, a new survey finds. A 54 percent majority of Americans say they'd favor an automatic registration law in their state,*a new HuffPost/YouGov poll*finds, while 55 percent favor allowing eligible citizens to register on the day of an election.

Blackrook
03-30-2015, 08:16 PM
The purpose of all this is to make it easier for the Democrats to commit massive voter fraud, and steal elections. Shame on you for being part of this corrupt scheme.

nic34
03-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Why does making voting easier mean more "democrat" votes?

Peter1469
03-30-2015, 08:24 PM
Voter fraud is a bipartisan event. :smiley:

Blackrook
03-30-2015, 08:33 PM
People who can't bother to register to vote are mostly ignorant, stupid, and ignorant, stupid people should not be choosing our leaders.

Cthulhu
03-30-2015, 08:35 PM
If you're still voting partisan, you're part of the problem.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

Ransom
03-30-2015, 08:39 PM
Why does making voting easier mean more "democrat" votes?

Let's just take one constituency as am example. Married women. Romney and McCain both won the married women's vote and to see why is easy. Married women...on average, are more educated, tend to be wealthier, more mature(older), less likely to be a student, normally mothers with more skin in the game regarding schools and education for example. The less educated, thus those that would benefit from the dumbing down of the election process would favor Dems. You don't agree, Chad?

Blackrook
03-30-2015, 08:44 PM
You can register all you want, but you can't get them to vote unless you pay them money and provide them with free transportation to the polls.

And I know you're already doing that.

nic34
03-30-2015, 08:45 PM
Let's just take one constituency as am example. Married women. Romney and McCain both won the married women's vote and to see why is easy. Married women...on average, are more educated, tend to be wealthier, more mature(older), less likely to be a student, normally mothers with more skin in the game regarding schools and education for example. The less educated, thus those that would benefit from the dumbing down of the election process would favor Dems. You don't agree, Chad?

That's really tortured logic, uncle Miltie.

Chloe
03-30-2015, 08:49 PM
Voting here is easy. Your ballot is mailed to you, you fill it out, and put it in your mailbox. Done.

Mac-7
03-30-2015, 08:52 PM
Voting here is easy. Your ballot is mailed to you, you fill it out, and put it in your mailbox. Done.

How does the state know that the legal voter filled out the ballot?

Chloe
03-30-2015, 09:01 PM

If you are registered the ballot is sent to the matching address and addressed to the person. After you vote you sign your signature on the form and put it in the secured envelope they give you and then you either mail it back or drop it off.

Bob
03-30-2015, 09:11 PM
If you are registered the ballot is sent to the matching address and addressed to the person. After you vote you sign your signature on the form and put it in the secured envelope they give you and then you either mail it back or drop it off.

OK, I got in my mail from CA, a ballot form to register to vote.

What will stop me from faking a name to them?

Also, the form did not mention citizenship as a question.

nic34
03-30-2015, 09:13 PM

You have to have registered first. You know, provide photo ID and proof of citizenship.

They even do that in rwnj Arizona.

If you want to give someone else your vote, that's your own problem....

Bob
03-30-2015, 09:17 PM

I registered to vote here 20 years ago and don't recall what the form asked me. I have all ballots sent here.

But, how can they tell I am a citizen? Or how can they tell you really are a citizen.

Suppose when I had my kids, i registered them and voted for them? The state never sends anybody over to check.

Tahuyaman
03-30-2015, 10:09 PM

Most Americans are in favor of enacting a similar proposal in their own state, a new survey finds. A 54 percent majority of Americans say they'd favor an automatic registration law in their state,*a new HuffPost/YouGov poll*finds, while 55 percent favor allowing eligible citizens to register on the day of an election.

I'm amazed by how lazy some Americans are becoming. Good news for Democrats.

Chloe
03-30-2015, 10:15 PM
OK, I got in my mail from CA, a ballot form to register to vote.

What will stop me from faking a name to them?

Also, the form did not mention citizenship as a question.

I don't know how the voting system in California works, I live in Oregon, but I know here in order to register you have to have a Oregon drivers license and be a resident.

Chloe
03-30-2015, 10:18 PM
I registered to vote here 20 years ago and don't recall what the form asked me. I have all ballots sent here.

But, how can they tell I am a citizen? Or how can they tell you really are a citizen.

Suppose when I had my kids, i registered them and voted for them? The state never sends anybody over to check.

Call your state's voting office in Sacramento and find out I guess. In my state it gets really good reviews, is safe, and is considered one of the best in the country, sooo....

TrueBlue
03-30-2015, 10:39 PM
The purpose of all this is to make it easier for the Democrats to commit massive voter fraud, and steal elections. Shame on you for being part of this corrupt scheme.
Shame on YOU! Those are damn Lies perpetuated by Scaremongers! It is malicious distortion of the truth. There is no voter fraud to speak of and you know it.

Thanks to Brennan Center For Justice for this report.

Myth of Voter Fraud

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud

"The Brennan Center’s ongoing examination of voter fraud claims reveal that voter fraud is very rare, voter impersonation is nearly non-existent, and much of the problems associated with alleged fraud in elections relates to unintentional mistakes by voters or election administrators. Our report "The Truth About Voter Fraud (https://www.brennancenter.org/publication/truth-about-voter-fraud)" reveals most allegations of fraud turn out to be baseless — and that of the few allegations remaining, most reveal election irregularities and other forms of election misconduct. Click here (http://www.brennancenter.org/analysis/truth-about-fraud) for additional resources on fraud."

Bob
03-31-2015, 01:27 AM
I don't know how the voting system in California works, I live in Oregon, but I know here in order to register you have to have a Oregon drivers license and be a resident.

So, a fake license and a rental address and an illegal can vote? I figured it works that way.

Redrose
03-31-2015, 02:10 AM
Voter fraud is a bipartisan event. :smiley:

That may be true, but it's the GOP fighting to get proper ID for voting, the left is fighting it. You are ID'd and you vote once, not two, three, four times for a buck or a cigarette, like ACORN did in the '08 election. One woman bragged she voted six times for Obama, she wanted to make sure he won. Absentee ballots were pre-filled out for Obama, and all they had to do was sign them. That's BS.

It would be a cluster... to register on election day. Also, absentee ballots are rampant with fraud. Elections are won and lost with fraud with absentee balloting. I've seen that first hand.

If someone I don't care for wins honestly, that's fine, I'll deal with it. But I get really ticked off if he/she wins illegally.

No normal person should be complacent about this or balk at proper ID to vote. One day it may backfire on you and someone wins illegally that you despise. Paybacks are a bitch.

Redrose
03-31-2015, 02:12 AM
You can register all you want, but you can't get them to vote unless you pay them money and provide them with free transportation to the polls.

And I know you're already doing that.

We can make it very easy for them.....STAY HOME PLEASE.

Peter1469
03-31-2015, 04:58 AM
Incorrect. There is voter fraud. (http://blackboxvoting.org/)

Shame on YOU! Those are damn Lies perpetuated by Scaremongers! It is malicious distortion of the truth. There is no voter fraud to speak of and you know it.

Thanks to Brennan Center For Justice for this report.

Myth of Voter Fraud

https://www.brennancenter.org/issues/voter-fraud

Ransom
03-31-2015, 06:07 AM
That's really tortured logic, uncle Miltie.

Reckon I could mention you all fell for some amateur hope and change jingle from someone reading a teleprompter, it's clear the dumbing down of the process favors Dems. Look to this site for another example, we've got a liberal on this forum who truly believes the debt is decreasing.

Reason10
03-31-2015, 07:06 AM

Crack Pipe Post? Seriously?
When you find a RELIABLE source, try again.

nic34
03-31-2015, 07:08 AM
So, a fake license and a rental address and an illegal can vote? I figured it works that way.

And you think millions risk everything to vote like this.

I doubt even 1 person has ever done this.

Mac-7
03-31-2015, 07:11 AM

What are illegal aliens risking when they break the law with obumer in the White House?

Nothing.

Captain Obvious
03-31-2015, 07:21 AM
You should be able to register and vote online, immediately.

Mac-7
03-31-2015, 07:27 AM

The democrats would love that.

No more having to send black ex-cons from precinct to precinct on Election Day pretending to be a no show on the voter list.

Now they just buy the information they need from identity thieves and rig the election without ever leaving DNC headquarters.

PolWatch
03-31-2015, 07:28 AM
When you start searching for actual numbers about voter fraud you find a lot of opinion blogs. The only figures available are people who have been charged with fraud. Those numbers are so small they are a joke. The issue has revealed that what fraud occurs is more likely to be in absentee voting. The driving force behind the ID hoopla doesn't seem interested in looking into this area.

Voter ID cards are a waste of time and money. It will discourage some from voting and that is the intent.

Captain Obvious
03-31-2015, 07:30 AM
When you start searching for actual numbers about voter fraud you find a lot of opinion blogs. The only figures available are people who have been charged with fraud. Those numbers are so small they are a joke. The issue has revealed that what fraud occurs is more likely to be in absentee voting. The driving force behind the ID hoopla doesn't seem interested in looking into this area.

Voter ID cards are a waste of time and money. It will discourage some from voting and that is the intent.

Everyone thinks there's tons of voting fraud, just that it's coming from the other party.

I still don't think requiring ID to vote is unreasonable. We have non-drivers ID cards, use them. If grandma can't afford one, let social security pay for it. Tell 'em I said it was ok.

PolWatch
03-31-2015, 07:35 AM
I just believe voter ID more unnecessary bureaucracy started to discourage voters. The ease of obtaining ID cards is dependent on where you live, your access to transportation, blah, blah.

I have seen some people with a fake UPC tattooed on the back of their neck...will that be the next requirement?

Captain Obvious
03-31-2015, 07:39 AM
I just believe voter ID more unnecessary bureaucracy started to discourage voters. The ease of obtaining ID cards is dependent on where you live, your access to transportation, blah, blah.

I have seen some people with a fake UPC tattooed on the back of their neck...will that be the next requirement?

Access to transportation, oh.. the backbreaking effort needed to fill a form out for an ID card...

Sorry, I think that's all bullshit.

Society doesn't owe anyone convenience, as long as it's not inconveniencing them then it's working.

Cigar
03-31-2015, 07:43 AM
Access to transportation, oh.. the backbreaking effort needed to fill a form out for an ID card...

Sorry, I think that's all bull$#@!.

Society doesn't owe anyone convenience, as long as it's not inconveniencing them then it's working.

Oh that too is also betting Fixed :grin: Gonna need some more restriction laws to keep up with demographics sport. :laugh:

Mac-7
03-31-2015, 09:33 AM
Everyone thinks there's tons of voting fraud, just that it's coming from the other party.

I still don't think requiring ID to vote is unreasonable. We have non-drivers ID cards, use them. If grandma can't afford one, let social security pay for it. Tell 'em I said it was ok.

If Granny can afford to hit the Bingo parlor every week she can afford a picture id.

Ransom
03-31-2015, 10:55 AM

So....if you start searching for actual numbers about voter fraud you find a lot of opinions......your opinion is that those that want voting IDs or want voters to verify who they are, that they're actually qualified to vote....your opinion is that their intent is to "discourage" other legal voters?

Oops.

Ransom
03-31-2015, 10:57 AM
The intent by the hard left promoted in here is to cheat the system. To allow non residents...or deceased residents....or made up residents....to vote.

Busted.

Reason10
03-31-2015, 11:11 AM

Here's an original idea:

FOLLOW THE GODDAM LAW, register to vote and show up on Election Day with a goddam photo ID. How fcking difficult is that?

Get off one's fat asss and do one's homework.

And ALL polling places should require PHOTO ID before allowing ANYONE a ballot. And ALL polling place should have INS agents standing by to take illegals into custody and deport them.

TrueBlue
03-31-2015, 11:13 AM
The intent by the hard left promoted in here is to cheat the system. To allow non residents...or deceased residents....or made up residents....to vote.

Busted.
Where's your PROOF of that? Who in here has allowed "non residents" or "deceased residents" or made up residents" to vote? When did they do that? Either put up or shut up. You can't be accusative of these things without any concrete PROOF.

Reason10
03-31-2015, 11:25 AM

I have a photo ID. I drive myself to the polling places. I stand in line. What's the big fcking deal?
If I can do it, anyone can do it. Those who DON'T want to do it probably have already voted in several other precincts already or are in this country illegal.

Ransom
03-31-2015, 11:58 AM
Where's your PROOF of that? Who in here has allowed "non residents" or "deceased residents" or made up residents" to vote? When did they do that? Either put up or shut up. You can't be accusative of these things without any concrete PROOF.

Post number 23 on this thread, thanks.

Common
03-31-2015, 12:00 PM
I have a photo ID. I drive myself to the polling places. I stand in line. What's the big fcking deal?
If I can do it, anyone can do it. Those who DON'T want to do it probably have already voted in several other precincts already or are in this country illegal.

Did you ever consider there are other humans on this planet besides you. How about the inferm, how about the Elderly how about young people with disabilities, how about vets with disabilities.

Ill bet you were for Rick Scotts laws that had people standing out in the florida sun for hours waiting to vote.

Voting is the right of every american and its NOT the right of any politician to make that right difficult to deter voting

nic34
03-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Post number 23 on this thread, thanks.

That was a link to blackboxvoting.com, not proof.

But thanks anyway.

SoonToBe2LT
03-31-2015, 12:04 PM

100% of Americans want everything to be easier.

The Xl
03-31-2015, 12:07 PM
The democrats would love that.

No more having to send black ex-cons from precinct to precinct on Election Day pretending to be a no show on the voter list.

Now they just buy the information they need from identity thieves and rig the election without ever leaving DNC headquarters.

Black ex cons, eh?

The second your racist ass leaves, the better.

nic34
03-31-2015, 12:18 PM
100% of Americans want everything to be easier.

Sure thing. Why not?

Isn't that what we all work for, to make things easier for the next time around?

texan
03-31-2015, 12:19 PM

I would think you would need an ID to do this so thats not gonna work for Democrats.

SoonToBe2LT
03-31-2015, 12:24 PM
Sure thing. Why not?

Isn't that what we all work for, to make things easier for the next time around?

Maybe, if I worked at Apple.

Ransom
03-31-2015, 01:19 PM

But thanks anyway.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/20/surveillance-video-apparently-catches-guy-doing-something-at-the-ballot-box-that-left-republican-monitor-stunned/

Ransom
03-31-2015, 01:21 PM
Pew estimates that in America about 24 million voter registrations are invalid or significantly inaccurate. More than 1.8 million dead people are on the lists, and about 2.75 million people are registered in more than one state

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-12/opinion/ct-oped-0612-byrne-md-20120612_1_voter-fraud-voter-registration-registration-rolls

birddog
03-31-2015, 01:29 PM
Black ex cons, eh?

The second your racist ass leaves, the better.

It's sad you can't face the truth. It's sad the "race card" is about all you have.

Ransom
03-31-2015, 01:31 PM
You don't want voter IDs because it requires you prove who you are. It allows for audit and fairness, Democrats exposing themselves here. Like the Hillary email realities, hiding truth is necessary for some reason. Democrats with a history of fraud and deceit. Look at the joke the Bush Gore election was, we're watching chads flying like a Boston snowstorm all over some small room where the Presidency is supposed to be decided. Political activists showing up everywhere, what a circus. Rather than Gore call Bush in a conciliatory tone, he called his lawyers instead, obvious to everyone the Democrats were trying to steal that election.

Isn't it democrats supporting all this illegal immigration, illegal executive overreach, and illegal end arounds on Congress, why would you think they'd respect the American electoral process?

Ransom
03-31-2015, 01:33 PM
You cheat. And when you get busted you whine. Children do that.

Bob
03-31-2015, 01:33 PM

I learned the Democrats want the illegals to vote in elections when Gore was president. Only he did it using the back door.

Gore rounded up all the illegals he could find, criminals and all, then swore them as US citizens.

Did you know that? Democrats knew it. I learned of it when Clinton was president. A major player in the Clinton team other than Gore to participate was Clinton's then big chef over immigration. This was pre-homeland security so I have to go back to look up her name. It was a woman.

This time, there is no ruse of taking a alien not ripe for citizenship and converting the alien to voter.

What if you designed the best system to collect brand new voters?

Where would you gather them? What would be your message to the public.
1. State that voter ID is terrible. This sets up the "Illegals can vote" system. With no legal ID, anybody can vote. Sure, some states could have defensive measures against the illegals, but don't count on CA to be one of those states. CA wanted the illegals to get legal CA drivers licenses. I have recently studied the way we register to vote in CA and believe me, it does not demand proof of citizenship. I had to prove my citizenship to be an appraiser. I had to submit to a full FBI background check. But to be a voter in CA, you only need to claim you are a citizen. I had to further prove to CA to renew my RE Brokers license a few years ago, I was born in the USA. The ballot registration does not menton this. I had to physically go get my actual birth record from the county of my birth and mail it to Sacramento in order to keep selling real estate.

We make it harder to get the real estate license than to register to vote. This folks is what Democrats are all about. Take the reserve force of illegals, bestow gifts on them, such as Obama did with the Dreamers and the outlaw way he allows illegals to camp out in the USA. Do you think he sees those illegals as republican voters?

Peter1469
03-31-2015, 05:14 PM

But thanks anyway.

You have to look through the website. I linked to the home page. I believe their biggest issue will voter fraud is the non-transparent electronic voting. But they cover stuff from elections all over, prosecutions for fraud, etc.

Bob
03-31-2015, 07:09 PM

When have you studied any voter registration form?

I have recently studied ours in Ca.

I believe it is an open door to illegals to vote.

Bob
03-31-2015, 07:20 PM

Look over this form.

It is from North Carolina. I printed it out.

It does what CA does and asks if you told the truth.

This is funny.

It does not request a copy of your proof of citizenship. If you lie, they will send the law. ha ha ha

Does this mean a thing to a person that is already by law of committing a Federal crime?

http://www.johnstonnc.com/joconcelections/files/voterregform1.gif

This is pretty close to the thing we have in CA.

No BC needed. Nothing more than saying you don't lie.

Do you honestly believe aliens here in the USA simply are not capable of lying?

This is why the Voter ID law is needed.

Democrats realize they gain by there not being a law. Blacks have birth certificate in the USA.

Illegal Mexicans do not.

Common
03-31-2015, 07:21 PM
Look over this form.

It is from North Carolina. I printed it out.

It does what CA does and asks if you told the truth.

This is funny.

It does not request a copy of your proof of citizenship. If you lie, they will send the law. ha ha ha

Does this mean a thing to a person that is already by law of committing a Federal crime?

http://www.johnstonnc.com/joconcelections/files/voterregform1.gif

This is pretty close to the thing we have in CA.

No BC needed. Nothing more than saying you don't lie.

Do you honestly believe aliens here in the USA simply are not capable of lying?

This is why the Voter ID law is needed.

Democrats realize they gain by there not being a law. Blacks have birth certificate in the USA.

Illegal Mexicans do not.

When they register to vote bob they have to show identification

Bob
03-31-2015, 07:47 PM
When they register to vote bob they have to show identification

Look at the form. It does not demand you prove identification. Mailed in, how do you think they see your ID?

Peter1469
03-31-2015, 07:49 PM
Look at the form. It does not demand you prove identification. Mailed in, how do you think they see your ID?

IP address. I see all.

Common
03-31-2015, 07:51 PM

In fla you cannot register via mail, you have to register and show ID

Bob
03-31-2015, 07:57 PM
IP address. I see all.

Puzzled look. The form is mailed to the voters registrar Peter1469

Bob
03-31-2015, 07:59 PM
In fla you cannot register via mail, you have to register and show ID

Many states allow this to take place by mail. CA allows it too.

Peter1469
03-31-2015, 08:07 PM
Puzzled look. The form is mailed to the voters registrar @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10)

I misread your post.