PDA

View Full Version : republicans in the house are wasting taxpayer money by voting to repeal health care

gophangover
07-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Talk about sore losers, the cons lost already. SCOTUS declared it constitutional. The Senate is not going to allow these whining teabaggers to overturn health care. So they are just wasting the taxpayers money by having this vote to repeal. Only morons will continue to beat a dead horse. All this does, is prove to the American people that the GOP doesn't care how much money they waste, even when they know it's just a waste of time and money. Go ahead morons, advertise your stupidity.

Cigar
07-02-2012, 02:21 PM
It sure beats working for a living ... otherwise that would have to come up with alternatives rather than sitting around saying NO all the time.

MMC
07-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Well unlike the Demos they didnt walk out of a Vote when they could have voted. No.

But straining that thumb-muscle must be too much of a Burden for the Usupers of the Constitution. Just remebers Gopher the SCOTUS called it a Constitutional Tax.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4646184590115771&pid=1.7&w=119&h=155&c=7&rs=1

Get your Wallet Ready Gopher. The Tax Man Cometh. He says it is alright to stutter when they come a collecting.

Peter1469
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
What is a waste of money about it?

Here are some polls that show a lot of Americans are against it.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

patrickt
07-03-2012, 05:38 AM
Forget it, Peter. The Democrats have no interest in what people want. Rep. Pelosi said that they're going to do what they think is good for us whether we like it or not. So, bend over and get ready.

wingrider
07-03-2012, 05:41 AM
wonder if they are ready for a civil war?

patrickt
07-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Actually, the Republicans are trying to save money. Liberals know only tax and spend so I don't know why you even care if money is wasted. President "turn that spigot again" Obama certainly doesn't worry about wasting money.

coolwalker
07-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Anytime a republican has something before congress it is a waste of time, but when the democrats have something there we have to "hurry up and vote for it". Only fools think the Health Care issue is constitutional. It wasn't a tax then it was a tax...if you have to "buy" something it is a product. Taxes are paid ON the product, they can't be the product itself.

Chris
07-03-2012, 05:54 PM
...SCOTUS declared it constitutional. The Senate is not going to ...overturn health care. So they are just wasting the taxpayers money by having this vote to repeal. ....

I've taken the liberty to elide the histrionics.

I would put it SCOTUS declared in not unconstitutional, and that, not by commerce clause, but as a tax you can't find in the Constitution, and unconstitutional to coerce state participation.

Last I saw 10 states have rejected it.

As Peter's link Reps are doing the will of the people in trying to repeal the tax. Come November the libs may no longer control the Senate.

Trinnity
07-03-2012, 08:44 PM
This is a line drawn in the sand. Obamacare is forcing people to buy healthcare whether they can afford it or not. House payment vs ins payment....

NO NO :frustrated:

They are gonna have a fight on their collectivist hands.

gophangover
07-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Cons whine about government spending, but love to waste tax dollars on repealing health care votes. This is their 33rd futile effort. They know it won't past the Senate, and even if it did Obama would veto it and they don't have the votes to override. Each vote wastes a week of legislative time in the House and Senate. Each congress person is paid about a thousand dollars a day, plus what their staff workers are paid. So that's over a half million dollars a day, comes to $2.5 million a week, multiplied 33 times is close to $100 million they've wasted. They would rather waste tax payer dollars than fix this country. Republicans sure are a bunch of morons.

Cigar
07-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Yea ... there's busy working for the Tax-Payers ... for the 31st Time!

So ... what do you call a person who's loses 30 times in a row ... A-Looser!

coolwalker
07-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Today's the day...I don't expect congress to do the right thing, so we'll probably have to wait on Romney to get the ball moving next year.

wingrider
07-11-2012, 10:32 PM
I think it will pass the house but die in the senate until after the pubs take the senate in nov.

wingrider
07-11-2012, 11:00 PM
Five House Democrats Wednesday bucked their party and voted with Republicans to repeal Obamacare.The vote, 244 to 185 with no Republicans voting against a repeal, was mostly symbolic, given that House Republicans have orchestrated at least 30 prior votes to fully or partially kill or defund the president's health care law. All passing efforts have died in the Democratic-controlled Senate and Wednesday's legislation will befall the same fate. But the vote did offer politically-vulnerable members a new opportunity to take sides on the president's health care law.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/five-democrats-side-republicans-repeal-obamacare-201854863.html

Peter1469
07-12-2012, 04:10 AM
Cons whine about government spending, but love to waste tax dollars on repealing health care votes. This is their 33rd futile effort. They know it won't past the Senate, and even if it did Obama would veto it and they don't have the votes to override. Each vote wastes a week of legislative time in the House and Senate. Each congress person is paid about a thousand dollars a day, plus what their staff workers are paid. So that's over a half million dollars a day, comes to $2.5 million a week, multiplied 33 times is close to $100 million they've wasted. They would rather waste tax payer dollars than fix this country. Republicans sure are a bunch of morons.

Lay off the dope. Congress Critters are not paid about $1000 per day.

Trinnity
07-12-2012, 06:10 AM
It sure beats working for a living ... otherwise that would have to come up with alternatives rather than sitting around saying NO all the time.It doesn't help anyone be informed when YOU LIE. Republicans did offer alternatives.

There is a GOP alternative to ObamaCare (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/04/02/there-is-gop-alternative-to-obamacare/)

Btw, five dems voted for repeal yesterday.

Chris
07-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Reps are doing the job we pay them for.

Cigar
07-12-2012, 08:43 AM
It doesn't help anyone be informed when YOU LIE. Republicans did offer alternatives.

There is a GOP alternative to ObamaCare (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/04/02/there-is-gop-alternative-to-obamacare/)

Btw, five dems voted for repeal yesterday.

Well ... bring it up for a Vote and follow the same procedures :)

Trinnity
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Repeal comes first.

Cigar
07-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Repeal comes first.

Actually you're wrong, you'll need to Win a Presidential Election for Veto Power :)

Deadwood
07-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Talk about sore losers, the cons lost already. SCOTUS declared it constitutional. The Senate is not going to allow these whining teabaggers to overturn health care. So they are just wasting the taxpayers money by having this vote to repeal. Only morons will continue to beat a dead horse. All this does, is prove to the American people that the GOP doesn't care how much money they waste, even when they know it's just a waste of time and money. Go ahead morons, advertise your stupidity.
I have always wondered about people who complain that the constitutionally established democratic process costs taxpayers money. They always seem to lean to the left and do not seem to have learned from the more "efficient" forms of government and what happens when you silence opponents, even though they may be a minority. Cuba is highly efficient, they shoot dissidents.

I would say that with an election looming, forcing some of those fat cat democrats to go one record, now that we know what the hell is in that epic law is necessary if not inspired strategy.

But then the same people who complain about tax payers money being wasted in the democratic process weren't exactly vocal about it when the Democrats were doing it to Bush....

Cigar
07-12-2012, 09:32 AM
I have always wondered about people who complain that the constitutionally established democratic process costs taxpayers money. They always seem to lean to the left and do not seem to have learned from the more "efficient" forms of government and what happens when you silence opponents, even though they may be a minority. Cuba is highly efficient, they shoot dissidents.

I would say that with an election looming, forcing some of those fat cat democrats to go one record, now that we know what the hell is in that epic law is necessary if not inspired strategy.

But then the same people who complain about tax payers money being wasted in the democratic process weren't exactly vocal about it when the Democrats were doing it to Bush....

BTW ... Taxes are Lower now than they were under Bush and Clinton ... so who bitching about taxes?

Chris
07-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Taxes aren't low enough.

Mainecoons
07-12-2012, 09:35 AM

Cigar
07-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Taxes aren't low enough.

Neither is the Price of Milk

Deadwood
07-12-2012, 09:45 AM
BTW ... Taxes are Lower now than they were under Bush and Clinton ... so who bitching about taxes?

Now there you go again, deflection, straw man, and diversion.

NOTHING in my post said anything about taxes......

There must be night classes in your area.....I suspect somewhere they teach debating. Oh wait...it's Chicago.....

Chris
07-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Neither is the Price of Milk

Because of government milk protections.

Peter1469
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Because of government milk protections.

You can't even buy real milk here in Virginia. Only pasteurized milk.

MMC
07-12-2012, 12:00 PM

There must be night classes in your area.....I suspect somewhere they teach debating. Oh wait...it's Chicago.....

Hey now.....Watch it! :yo2: I don't like having to make Offers to Friends, that they cannot refuse. :evil:

Cigar
07-12-2012, 01:44 PM

That's right ... where I grew-up, we settle debates differently :)

MMC
07-12-2012, 01:53 PM
That's right ... where I grew-up, we settle debates differently :)

Couldn't have been on the South-Side of Chicago tho. Just Sayin! :laugh:

Cigar
07-12-2012, 02:22 PM
Couldn't have been on the South-Side of Chicago tho. Just Sayin! :laugh:

Way South ... Like 211 South ... Olympia Fields :)

MMC
07-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Way South ... Like 211 South ... Olympia Fields :)

Yep.....Like I said. Couldn't have been on the South Side. Suburbs don't count homie! :wink:

Cigar
07-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Yep.....Like I said. Couldn't have been on the South Side. Suburbs don't count homie! :wink:

I Rent a Town House in Bronziville on King Drive near the Police Station ...

MMC
07-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I Rent a Town House in Bronziville on King Drive near the Police Station ...

I grew up all around the City. Especially round Rumble/Humble Park. :grin: La Haienti! :wink:

Trinnity
07-12-2012, 03:36 PM
That's right ... where I grew-up, we settle debates differently :)WE?
How many people have you assaulted and shot?
Or are you just a mouthy little bully?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2y17MPNTe5M/Ttj0vbplWLI/AAAAAAAADz8/EcxxuHbJU0Q/s320/bullies.jpg

Chris
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
WE?
How many people have you assaulted and shot?
Or are you just a mouthy little bully?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2y17MPNTe5M/Ttj0vbplWLI/AAAAAAAADz8/EcxxuHbJU0Q/s320/bullies.jpg

More like...

http://i.snag.gy/XsL9X.jpg