PDA

View Full Version : Dear Poor and Middle Class Republicans: ….Why?!

nic34
04-01-2015, 02:58 PM
When I meet someone who’s wealthy and Republican, I “get it.” Why wouldn’t someone vote for a party that’s actively trying to cut their taxes and make it easier for them to become even more wealthy?

While I get morally why a wealthy person might not vote Republican, I’m not ashamed to admit that I understand the greed and selfishness factor that might lead someone who’s rich to vote for the GOP. But what I don’t get are poor and middle class Americans who call themselves Republicans.

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.

Is it gay marriage? Is that really why so many poor and middle class Americans vote Republican? Is that really that big of an issue? Because if it is, please, can one Republican voter tell me how gay marriage has impacted their life? I’m not saying that sarcastically, I would really like a legitimate answer to that question.

Maybe it’s abortion. Okay, I get that abortion is a trickier subject. Even most progressives wouldn’t consider themselves “pro-abortion.” But at the end of the day, shouldn’t women be able to control their own bodies? And even if you don’t think that they should, our Constitution and Supreme Court say otherwise.

Oh, I know, it’s guns! That one is hard to argue. The GOP is definitely the pro-gun party whereas Democrats aren’t exactly charter members of the NRA. I’m not saying that Democrats are anti-gun, we just believe in sensible gun regulations. We tend to notice that whole “well regulated” part of our Second Amendment. And I’ve still yet to have a Republican explain to me how a disorganized group of armed citizens constitutes a “well regulated militia.” But okay, I’ll give it to Republicans, they are much more pro-gun than Democrats.

Is it the Republican opposition to government programs like Social Security, Medicare and welfare? Well, that wouldn’t make any sense. Tens of millions of conservatives themselves rely on these programs. What kind of a fool would support a party that wants to cut their own benefits? Not only that, but millions of children are dependent upon these programs to survive. And if the GOP is the party of “Christian values,” how would cutting programs that children rely on just to eat represent those values?

Perhaps its the whole “We Support Our Troops” moniker Republicans frequently use. Though I’m not sure how sending over 4,400 Americans to die in Iraq based on a lie constitutes “supporting the troops.” Nor do I see how blocking a veterans bill because you’re trying to play partisan politics with the legislation “supports the troops,” either. Oh, and did you know, when Republicans push for cuts to government programs, those cuts adversely affect both active and former members of our military who rely on these programs?

There’s always their “love for our Constitution.” Well, considering many of these conservative states (especially in the south) are almost always on the wrong side of history when it comes to unconstitutional issues we’ve faced as a nation (slavery, denying women the right to vote, segregation, civil rights, gay marriage), I’m not exactly sure how they can claim they’re “advocates for Constitutional values” – since they always seem to oppose the rights it grants many Americans.

Is it because Republicans say they’re the party for small government? This is a party that wants to tell women what they can do with their own bodies; pass a Constitutional Amendment defining marriage; build a giant wall between the U.S. and Mexico; force millions of Americans to abide by laws based on a religion they don’t follow; and make it legal to discriminate against someone based on their sexual orientation. How exactly is any of that “small government”?

Ah, then there’s always the “fiscally conservative” claim. If a president from your party hasn’t balanced the budget since the 1950′s, how can you claim to be the party for “fiscal responsibility”? Keep in mind the last 2 two-term Republican presidents (Reagan/George W. Bush) left office with our national debt much higher than what it was when they took office. Which is extremely ironic considering Republicans consider Reagan their “fiscally conservative icon.” I’m not sure how nearly tripling our national debt in eight years constitutes being an icon for fiscal responsibility.

It goes back to what I said, when it comes to poor and middle class Republican voters, I just don’t get it. The party supports almost nothing that benefits these individuals and, in fact, supports policies that go against their own interests. Think about it, last November when Republican pushed for cuts to SNAP benefits just before Thanksgiving, how many millions of Republicans saw their benefits reduced?

But I guess if you holster a gun, hold a Bible and wave a flag, that’s all it takes to fool millions of Americans into thinking you’re on their side – even if almost nothing you support as a political party actually benefits them in any way.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/dear-poor-middle-class-republicans/

Chris
04-01-2015, 03:01 PM
I’m not ashamed to admit that I understand the greed and selfishness factor

Why is that presumption never justified?

Cigar
04-01-2015, 03:12 PM
I always say, I already know why the 1% want's what they demand ... but why do YOU want it more than them?

What's in it for YOU? :huh:

Ransom
04-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Nic has a point here, why would a poor or middle class person support the GOP? I mean....the GOP are a party who doesn't think they need to give anything to anyone. It's a party that believe government shouldn't be giving.....that you should in fact be earning. Taking care of your own family. I often here what does the GOP have to offer this community or that. NOTHING. If you share our philosophy, you want government out of your lives. You're not asking what government or party can do for you.

Liberals have a mindset that they must be given something. That something must appeal to them. I was conversing in a forum here recently, the topic was religion, I forget the member name explaining they got "nothing out of church."

Why my dear Boy.....you're there to give of yourself...not to see what's in it for you. Just like the GOP. Like minded persons who want to retain individual rights, those who want less government intrusion. You libs want something in return for your vote. Your ill-informed, easily swayed, disingenuous vote.

Thanks but no thanks. The last two midterms we've done just fine, we'll take the army we have into battle 2016. Nic...you ain't invited. Big boy pants only.

Captain Obvious
04-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Some people are just natural born useful idiots.

nic34
04-01-2015, 03:22 PM
Nic has a point here, why would a poor or middle class person support the GOP? I mean....the GOP are a party who doesn't think they need to give anything to anyone. It's a party that believe government shouldn't be giving.....that you should in fact be earning. Taking care of your own family. I often here what does the GOP have to offer this community or that. NOTHING. If you share our philosophy, you want government out of your lives. You're not asking what government or party can do for you.

Liberals have a mindset that they must be given something. That something must appeal to them. I was conversing in a forum here recently, the topic was religion, I forget the member name explaining they got "nothing out of church."

Why my dear Boy.....you're there to give of yourself...not to see what's in it for you. Just like the GOP. Like minded persons who want to retain individual rights, those who want less government intrusion. You libs want something in return for your vote. Your ill-informed, easily swayed, disingenuous vote.

Thanks but no thanks. The last two midterms we've done just fine, we'll take the army we have into battle 2016. Nic...you ain't invited. Big boy pants only.

....another sucker that believes repubs offer less government.....

Cigar
04-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Some people are just natural born useful idiots.

Come-On ... stop patting yourself on the Back ... you're useful enough. :laugh:

Common
04-01-2015, 03:30 PM
Some will vote against their best interests, like middleclass supporting the gop, because they have other issues that cloud their decisions. Like Racism, abortion, Theyre going to take our guns etc.
Thats exactly what the republican party and the koch bros and others who pull the parties strings want.

Private Pickle
04-01-2015, 03:34 PM
Some will vote against their best interests, like middleclass supporting the gop, because they have other issues that cloud their decisions. Like Racism, abortion, Theyre going to take our guns etc.
Thats exactly what the republican party and the koch bros and others who pull the parties strings want.

Yeah...Democrats never do that...*caugh war on women*.

Chris
04-01-2015, 03:43 PM

That I agree with, the establishment Repubs tend to be big government cons.

nic34
04-01-2015, 03:50 PM

Ever think we're being used by both?

TrueBlue
04-01-2015, 03:58 PM
When I meet someone who’s wealthy and Republican, I “get it.” Why wouldn’t someone vote for a party that’s actively trying to cut their taxes and make it easier for them to become even more wealthy?

While I get morally why a wealthy person might not vote Republican, I’m not ashamed to admit that I understand the greed and selfishness factor that might lead someone who’s rich to vote for the GOP. But what I don’t get are poor and middle class Americans who call themselves Republicans.

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.

Is it gay marriage? Is that really why so many poor and middle class Americans vote Republican? Is that really that big of an issue? Because if it is, please, can one Republican voter tell me how gay marriage has impacted their life? I’m not saying that sarcastically, I would really like a legitimate answer to that question.

Maybe it’s abortion. Okay, I get that abortion is a trickier subject. Even most progressives wouldn’t consider themselves “pro-abortion.” But at the end of the day, shouldn’t women be able to control their own bodies? And even if you don’t think that they should, our Constitution and Supreme Court say otherwise.

Oh, I know, it’s guns! That one is hard to argue. The GOP is definitely the pro-gun party whereas Democrats aren’t exactly charter members of the NRA. I’m not saying that Democrats are anti-gun, we just believe in sensible gun regulations. We tend to notice that whole “well regulated” part of our Second Amendment. And I’ve still yet to have a Republican explain to me how a disorganized group of armed citizens constitutes a “well regulated militia.” But okay, I’ll give it to Republicans, they are much more pro-gun than Democrats.

Is it the Republican opposition to government programs like Social Security, Medicare and welfare? Well, that wouldn’t make any sense. Tens of millions of conservatives themselves rely on these programs. What kind of a fool would support a party that wants to cut their own benefits? Not only that, but millions of children are dependent upon these programs to survive. And if the GOP is the party of “Christian values,” how would cutting programs that children rely on just to eat represent those values?

Perhaps its the whole “We Support Our Troops” moniker Republicans frequently use. Though I’m not sure how sending over 4,400 Americans to die in Iraq based on a lie constitutes “supporting the troops.” Nor do I see how blocking a veterans bill because you’re trying to play partisan politics with the legislation “supports the troops,” either. Oh, and did you know, when Republicans push for cuts to government programs, those cuts adversely affect both active and former members of our military who rely on these programs?

There’s always their “love for our Constitution.” Well, considering many of these conservative states (especially in the south) are almost always on the wrong side of history when it comes to unconstitutional issues we’ve faced as a nation (slavery, denying women the right to vote, segregation, civil rights, gay marriage), I’m not exactly sure how they can claim they’re “advocates for Constitutional values” – since they always seem to oppose the rights it grants many Americans.

Is it because Republicans say they’re the party for small government? This is a party that wants to tell women what they can do with their own bodies; pass a Constitutional Amendment defining marriage; build a giant wall between the U.S. and Mexico; force millions of Americans to abide by laws based on a religion they don’t follow; and make it legal to discriminate against someone based on their sexual orientation. How exactly is any of that “small government”?

Ah, then there’s always the “fiscally conservative” claim. If a president from your party hasn’t balanced the budget since the 1950′s, how can you claim to be the party for “fiscal responsibility”? Keep in mind the last 2 two-term Republican presidents (Reagan/George W. Bush) left office with our national debt much higher than what it was when they took office. Which is extremely ironic considering Republicans consider Reagan their “fiscally conservative icon.” I’m not sure how nearly tripling our national debt in eight years constitutes being an icon for fiscal responsibility.

It goes back to what I said, when it comes to poor and middle class Republican voters, I just don’t get it. The party supports almost nothing that benefits these individuals and, in fact, supports policies that go against their own interests. Think about it, last November when Republican pushed for cuts to SNAP benefits just before Thanksgiving, how many millions of Republicans saw their benefits reduced?

But I guess if you holster a gun, hold a Bible and wave a flag, that’s all it takes to fool millions of Americans into thinking you’re on their side – even if almost nothing you support as a political party actually benefits them in any way.

BRILLIANT! Simply BRILLIANT!! It really hits the nail right on the head!

I hereby award you a Gold Crown for this article! http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/104.gif http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/83.gif

Common
04-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Yeah...Democrats never do that...*caugh war on women*.

Sure they do but that wasnt what the thread was about

Private Pickle
04-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Sure they do but that wasnt what the thread was about

True but your statement was incomplete and not representative of our politicians as a whole.

Ransom
04-01-2015, 04:13 PM

As opposed to another sheeple who believes everything he sees or hears?

oops.

Ransom
04-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Bill Clinton was the President who signed the federal defense of marriage act defining marriage. No Republican wants to tell another woman what to do with their bodies either, that's a blatant lie. Republicans don't want to pay for your birth control or your abortion with federal tax receipts. The small government argument gets confused, most Republicans want a substantial budget for defense(the primary role for our government), education, and social security. However, we'd also like to see voluntary privatization of social security, voluntary medical savings accounts, the GOP more concerned with scope than size. Liberals believe government is the job creator, they don't believe it's your money to spend or create.....they believe they can best decide what to do with your money.

It's quite easy to see. Look at the cities and townships across America that have been dominated by Democrats. Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans....

F'n cesspools in many areas. The highest crime rates. The highest drug use. The most single parent households, the most poverty.

Look at who is leading these garbage bins....most times it's a slick liberal.

PolWatch
04-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Ever think we're being used by both?

the only way to tell them apart is the letter after their name...

Ransom
04-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Let these poor and middle class look to the alternative. Lost and forgotten ghettos. Poverty stricken neighborhoods. The endless cycle of poverty, violence, and do without. The worst schools in the entire f'n United States. Look to Atlanta...the school scandal there that no one is going to talk about, teachers cheating themselves to keep their jobs...to hell the children and if they're learning or not. You need a reason to vote GOP....look to the pathetic and immoral leadership being displayed in the alternative's tent.

Look at their poor and middle class. Look at their endless and so sad victim mentalities. Do you really want to go through life dependent on the federal government? Walk around with some f'n chip on your shoulder waiting to be offended? If you want a prime example, look to the Sandra Fluke moron. You want to be up there crying to the federal government that you need your birth control provided for you. Talk about big government, it is your body Sandra.....so if you're engaging in behavior that requires birth control....that's on you honey. Buy your own. Or here's a rocket scientist idea for you....ready fluke.....have Johnny stop by a Rite Aid and buy a box of f'n condoms.

Ransom
04-01-2015, 04:36 PM
What a thread. Really exposes the liberal mind set. Thanks Nic. You define yourself and so many of your friends in here.

Hi PolWatch.

Ransom
04-01-2015, 04:40 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/01/us/atlanta-schools-cheating-scandal/
Republicans?

This considered a war on students?

All but one of 12 defendants charged with racketeering and other crimes in the Atlanta Public Schools cheating scandal were convicted Wednesday."We've been fighting for the children in our community, particularly those children who were deprived by this cheating scandal," Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard said.
Ten of the defendants were taken into custody, while one woman who is pregnant will remain out on bond until sentencing.
All 11 were convicted of racketeering, with a mixture of convictions and acquittals on other charges, including making false statements,

Need a reason to vote GOP...oh middle and poor economic classes.....this is what your Democrat Party is doing to our children.

Peter1469
04-01-2015, 04:51 PM
(D)s are the ones that vote against their self interest.

Redrose
04-01-2015, 05:11 PM

The GOP are big government cons. You don't think the Democrats wanting cradle to grave government intervention, and micro managing our daily existence from our personal information in healthcare, taxation, IRS control of our personal business, what we can eat, drink, own, buy, etc.

They are the real big government guys.

Frankly I don't care about big business reaping profits, because the better they do, the better my 401k does, and the healthier my pension is. I benefit indirectly from them.

If you curtail big business, you are shooting yourself in the foot...or pocketbook. They pay the bulk of our tax liability. The lower class, the welfare/Medicaid crowd isn't doing it.

nic34
04-01-2015, 05:13 PM
You don't think the Democrats wanting cradle to grave government intervention, and micro managing our daily existence from our personal information in healthcare, taxation, IRS control of our personal business, what we can eat, drink, own, buy, etc.

The Ds and Rs have both supported that.

The Xl
04-01-2015, 05:13 PM
Any poor or middle class person/family that supports the GOP is an idiot voting against his/her interests.

Sad to say, the left is just as bad at worst, marginally better at best. Can't win either way.

nic34
04-01-2015, 05:19 PM
Any poor or middle class person/family that supports the GOP is an idiot voting against his/her interests.

Sad to say, the left is just as bad at worst, marginally better at best. Can't win either way.

At least most dems "ideologically" support a social safety net. Repubs like Ike, Nixon and Reagan did years ago....

Yes, The Reagan - O'Neil SS deal of 1983.

Chris
04-01-2015, 05:20 PM
The GOP are big government cons. You don't think the Democrats wanting cradle to grave government intervention, and micro managing our daily existence from our personal information in healthcare, taxation, IRS control of our personal business, what we can eat, drink, own, buy, etc.

They are the real big government guys.

Frankly I don't care about big business reaping profits, because the better they do, the better my 401k does, and the healthier my pension is. I benefit indirectly from them.

If you curtail big business, you are shooting yourself in the foot...or pocketbook. They pay the bulk of our tax liability. The lower class, the welfare/Medicaid crowd isn't doing it.

They both are. But it's expected of Dems, not of Reps who lip service small economical government.

Business, sans government, profits by providing people what they value.

If more Reps were like you I'd vote again. :)

nic34
04-01-2015, 05:22 PM
What a thread. Really exposes the liberal mind set. Thanks Nic. You define yourself and so many of your friends in here.

Hi PolWatch.

You have a f'n mirror in front when you post?

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV8S-f85_68v_99YcGa9G4r3eyHAbRzJvYzMwcaO0cT4ENprqe

The Xl
04-01-2015, 05:22 PM
At least most dems "ideologically" support a social safety net. Repubs like Ike, Nixon and Reagan did years ago....

The left wants to inflate the currency at an asinine rate to pay for weak security nets, and more pressingly, to subsidize banks, corporations, and the military industrial complex. If it was just up to the left, your rent and food bill would be un-payable. They're just as bad, let's not get crazy now.

nic34
04-01-2015, 05:27 PM
The left wants to inflate the currency at an asinine rate to pay for weak security nets, and more pressingly, to subsidize banks, corporations, and the military industrial complex. If it was just up to the left, your rent and food bill would be un-payable. They're just as bad, let's not get crazy now.

How is it that ANY social safety net survives at all? Because of the right?

The Xl
04-01-2015, 05:30 PM
How is it that ANY social safety net survives at all? Because of the right?

What good is the social net if you're busy inflating away the currency?

Wonder why we even need a net at all? It's probably because all the savings we have from the ages of 18-50 mean dick all by the time we're 70 because the purchasing power of the dollar is devalued at a ridiculous rate.

Redrose
04-01-2015, 05:31 PM
The Ds and Rs have both supported that.

Yes, to a degree, but this latest "Democratic" admin. has expanded it exponentially.

We need to reel it back in. A (D) vote won't do it, an (R) vote will bring us back to the center. The center is the best we can hope for at this point.

The lesser of the two evils will have to do at this point in time.

zelmo1234
04-01-2015, 05:36 PM

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.

The difference of curse is that many people understand that they don't have to be poor or middle class all of there life.

So lets knock these out one by one.

On Gay marriage, well there are people that actually still believe in the constitution and see the court cases that try and force nuns to provide birth control, the morning after pill and abortions, bakers to bake cakes for gay weddings and photographers to apply there trade against their religious belief is wrong.. They believe the Bible when Jesus said that marriage should be between one man and one women. And they know that the Democrats would abolish those rights.

On abortion, Republicans have no issue with the women controlling her own body that is totally fine with us, it is murdering that child that is growing inside her. that is the body we are concerned about. But for her to take steps with her own money or the money of her partner, so that she does not conceive a child we are good with that. We understand that killing unborn children is a right of passage for the democratic party

Republicans understand money that is earned and if a businessperson, especially a small business person can keep more of what he earns he can use that to grow his business and expand jobs. These jobs cause wages to rise. See North Dakota for an example, and that might be the way the poor get out of poverty. They also understand that the Democratic party has no interest in getting people off the government assistance, because that is how they control you.

Many poor people live in areas where they is very high crime rates and they understand that when democrats ban guns and restrict law abiding citizens constitutional right to protect themselves. things only get worse. They also understand that Democrats wan complete and total control and that the banning of guns is something they must do to install their tyranny, which they will call compassion.

Conservative poor and middle class people understand that the current social safety net is the worst possible investment that they could make. They work hard all of their life and with the 6.5% that the government takes from them they could have a fantastic retirement but they are forced into SS instead. Welfare is a system designed to keep your poor and the conservatives know that jobs are what they need.

Conservative poor and middle class folks understand the sacrifice that the soldiers past, present and future make for this country and have watch as the Democrats take shots at them anytime that they can . They understand that Iraq was not a lie but something when put in context was necessary And that without such actions another 911 is just around the corner. they understand that liberals hate the military and everything that it stands for.

We you get the point poor and middle class conservatives want to be free and not controlled by a tyrannical government.

zelmo1234
04-01-2015, 05:39 PM

You see we are on the same page, but Republicans think that you still should do something to help your fellow man since his taxes are taking care of you.

And republicansalso believe that if you invest 6.5% of your income for your entire life, you should have something more than the promise of poverty to show for it

nic34
04-01-2015, 05:51 PM
The difference of curse is that many people understand that they don't have to be poor or middle class all of there life.

On Gay marriage, well there are people that actually still believe in the constitution and see the court cases that try and force nuns to provide birth control, the morning after pill and abortions, bakers to bake cakes for gay weddings and photographers to apply there trade against their religious belief is wrong.. They believe the Bible when Jesus said that marriage should be between one man and one women. And they know that the Democrats would abolish those rights.

On abortion, Republicans have no issue with the women controlling her own body that is totally fine with us, it is murdering that child that is growing inside her. that is the body we are concerned about. But for her to take steps with her own money or the money of her partner, so that she does not conceive a child we are good with that. We understand that killing unborn children is a right of passage for the democratic party

Republicans understand money that is earned and if a businessperson, especially a small business person can keep more of what he earns he can use that to grow his business and expand jobs. These jobs cause wages to rise. See North Dakota for an example, and that might be the way the poor get out of poverty. They also understand that the Democratic party has no interest in getting people off the government assistance, because that is how they control you.

Many poor people live in areas where they is very high crime rates and they understand that when democrats ban guns and restrict law abiding citizens constitutional right to protect themselves. things only get worse. They also understand that Democrats wan complete and total control and that the banning of guns is something they must do to install their tyranny, which they will call compassion.

Conservative poor and middle class people understand that the current social safety net is the worst possible investment that they could make. They work hard all of their life and with the 6.5% that the government takes from them they could have a fantastic retirement but they are forced into SS instead. Welfare is a system designed to keep your poor and the conservatives know that jobs are what they need.

Conservative poor and middle class folks understand the sacrifice that the soldiers past, present and future make for this country and have watch as the Democrats take shots at them anytime that they can . They understand that Iraq was not a lie but something when put in context was necessary And that without such actions another 911 is just around the corner. they understand that liberals hate the military and everything that it stands for.

We you get the point poor and middle class conservatives want to be free and not controlled by a tyrannical government.

Remember you are either rich or a sucker if you vote republican, I know you are not sucker. :wink:

Mac-7
04-01-2015, 06:03 PM

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.

One of these days a lib will post their own thought and own words.

But what passes for intellectual arguments in lib la la land is a cut and paste written by the only lib capable of an original thought.

And that one original thought is copied and reposted ad nausea.

Maybe someday.

Common
04-01-2015, 06:20 PM
One of these days a lib will post their own thought and own words.

But what passes for intellectual arguments in lib la la land is a cut and paste written by the only lib capable of an original thought.

And that one original thought is copied and reposted ad nausea.

Maybe someday.

yes yes mac we get to experience your pure genius and above average intelligence in every one of your posts.

Ransom
04-01-2015, 06:25 PM
You have a f'n mirror in front when you post?

Supporting policies that promote dependence and cycles of poverty, how do you look at yourself in yours?

Mac-7
04-01-2015, 06:51 PM

poor or and middle class conservatives know that hard work and wise personal choices mean that they do not have to stay where they are forever.

Its helpless Obama voters who need government to wipe their noses for them from cradle to grave.

Mac-7
04-01-2015, 06:53 PM
yes yes mac we get to experience your pure genius and above average intelligence in every one of your posts.

On my worst day you get more honest comment from me than the brainless cut and paste bs that libs are forced to use.

Common
04-01-2015, 06:56 PM
poor or and middle class conservatives know that hard work and wise personal choices mean that they do not have to stay where they are forever.

Its helpless Obama voters who need government to wipe their noses for them.

Horse shit come to fla and look at all the skidrow republicans, morons that cant find a job and vote republican because the black guy is ruining the country. You need to get out more mac

Mac-7
04-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Horse $#@! come to fla and look at all the skidrow republicans, morons that cant find a job and vote republican because the black guy is ruining the country. You need to get out more mac

They are losers just like a typical Obama voter.

What you're telling me is that lazy or low iq citizens should vote for the democrats.

Common
04-01-2015, 07:11 PM
They are losers just like a typical Obama voter.

What you're telling me I s that lazy or low iq citizens should vote for the democrats.

uhhh no read it a few dozen more times in the hopes you can figure it out. Or make it easier for yourself and do your usual. Libs did it libs did that, libs ruined the galaxy, libs libs libs libs LIBSSSSSSSSSSSS

Were more accustomed to that from you :)

Mac-7
04-01-2015, 07:33 PM
uhhh no read it a few dozen more times in the hopes you can figure it out. Or make it easier for yourself and do your usual. Libs did it libs did that, libs ruined the galaxy, libs libs libs libs LIBSSSSSSSSSSSS

Were more accustomed to that from you :)

You are bashing republicans for voting republican.

The only other practical choice is to vote democrat.

And the only reason would be to suck harder on the government teat.

Blackrook
04-01-2015, 07:38 PM
The author of the article posted by the OP is an elitist, liberal, snob who looks down on the middle class, and dismisses their concerns as not worthy of his attention.

If he's trying to persuade anyone to switch to Democrat, his article is an epic fail.

There will be a time, not too far in the future, when gun ownership will be the only reason we're not sent to re-education camps.

Mac-7
04-01-2015, 07:42 PM
The author of the article posted by the OP is an elitist, liberal, snob who looks down on the middle class, and dismisses their concerns as not worthy of his attention.

If he's trying to persuade anyone to switch to Democrat, his article is an epic fail.

There will be a time, not too far in the future, when gun ownership will be the only reason we're not sent to re-education camps.

I wish we had libs to argue with who could write their own stuff.

zelmo1234
04-01-2015, 08:14 PM
Remember you are either rich or a sucker if you vote republican, I know you are not sucker. :wink:

So tell me how have the poor and middle class doing under the Obama administration?

Here is the thing. I have enough business to add another crew. But there is NO reason to do it because regulations and taxation makes the profit the same. Now that is not that many jobs I run 8 people on a crew. plus a few sup contractors. but those are 8 really good jobs and you don't have to have a collage degree to get them.

I can tell you that are lots of companies just like mine that could grow and would be happy to do so, but there is NO additional reward. so we have to wait until we get even more business before expanding.

That is what Republicans understand and democrats would rather give you a check and see you on the system.

Bo-4
04-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Oh man, i don't have time to get to this (will mańana).. but EXCELLENT stuff right thar my friend! :)

Common
04-01-2015, 09:12 PM
So tell me how have the poor and middle class doing under the Obama administration?

Here is the thing. I have enough business to add another crew. But there is NO reason to do it because regulations and taxation makes the profit the same. Now that is not that many jobs I run 8 people on a crew. plus a few sup contractors. but those are 8 really good jobs and you don't have to have a collage degree to get them.

I can tell you that are lots of companies just like mine that could grow and would be happy to do so, but there is NO additional reward. so we have to wait until we get even more business before expanding.

That is what Republicans understand and democrats would rather give you a check and see you on the system.

zelmo without regulations big companies like wendies would rape their employees, in right to work states code for employers have no restraints the only thing the employees have is federal over sight.

We must have regulations and business must pay taxs period, they live here the make their money here they use the same infrastructure.

zelmo1234
04-01-2015, 09:46 PM
zelmo without regulations big companies like wendies would rape their employees, in right to work states code for employers have no restraints the only thing the employees have is federal over sight.

We must have regulations and business must pay taxs period, they live here the make their money here they use the same infrastructure.

or we could follow the North Dakota plan and people working fast food would be making over the 15 dollars an hour.

Mac-7
04-02-2015, 02:32 AM

Businesses pay taxes.

The owner of that Wendy's franchise pays more taxes in a year than the poor stupid little pee-in-her-pants girl will pay in her lifetime.

And right to work only gives employees a choice of whether to join a union or not.

States with right to work protection can and do have unions.

Did you know that?

Howey
04-02-2015, 04:49 AM

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.

It's an unfortunate consequence of our society that some people lack the intellectual reasoning skills to allow them to think for themselves.

Common
04-02-2015, 05:16 AM
It's an unfortunate consequence of our society that some people lack the intellectual reasoning skills to allow them to think for themselves.

Its hard to understand why people vote against their best interest. Vote against their own prosperity and if you ask them its for some singular reason.

Ransom
04-02-2015, 06:15 AM

Hence the election of Barack Obama.

Ransom
04-02-2015, 06:17 AM
Its hard to understand why people vote against their best interest. Vote against their own prosperity and if you ask them its for some singular reason.

You liberals never quite understand, it's not in their best interests, it's a talking head or forum herdmember telling you what's in your 'best interests.'

This thread is so telling, wow.

texan
04-02-2015, 08:18 AM

I. Just. Don’t. Get. It.

This is probably the same guy that wrote Jesus would be a democrat........

Ransom
04-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Perhaps some of these Republicans witnessed TV coverage of the Katrina disaster in New Orleans.

Stop and consider a moment that not everyone stuck their hand out and asked to be 'shown money.'

Perhaps some of the poor or middle class voters looked at that reality and asked themselves, 'do I want that to be me?' Utterly dependent, in an endless cycle of despair?

texan
04-02-2015, 08:25 AM

If a person is against killing people in a war the liberals call them a consciences objector and celebrate them. You are kind of seeing it with Bergdahl, the times says don't prosecute him. These Idiots have no idea how to run an army that works and can protect us............But if someone is against abortion they are attacking women like this idiot says. No they are concerned, conscientious and love children. This can't be done in a noble respectful way, they cannot be granted the same respect for being concerned about something called a baby only to be called a fetus if you don;t want it?.....That is not a war against women. This is where the liberal political correct are "thinking for themselves"?

This and Howey's comments are just another example of liberal INTOLERANCE. BTW this has nothing to do with money as stated out of the chute it has to do with much more.

nic34
04-02-2015, 08:52 AM
This is probably the same guy that wrote Jesus would be a democrat........

He was a progressive.....

texan
04-02-2015, 09:58 AM
BTW its funny how the person writing does what most really intolerant people do, they politely disrespect and belittle you throughout the piece. Not to mention it just says what most liberals are always accused and guilty of they are just smarter than you...............Arrogant dicks.

texan
04-02-2015, 09:59 AM
He was a progressive.....

Was he now? Can you define progressive?

Howey
04-02-2015, 10:29 AM
Perhaps some of these Republicans witnessed TV coverage of the Katrina disaster in New Orleans.

Stop and consider a moment that not everyone stuck their hand out and asked to be 'shown money.'

Perhaps some of the poor or middle class voters looked at that reality and asked themselves, 'do I want that to be me?' Utterly dependent, in an endless cycle of despair?

I know of one who watched the destruction in New Orleans from the air in a helicopter for about five minutes, then flew on to his pristine ranch in Texas whereupon his Mexican servants served he and his entourage a buffet.

Mister D
04-02-2015, 10:31 AM
I know of one who watched the destruction in New Orleans from the air in a helicopter for about five minutes, then flew on to his pristine ranch in Texas whereupon his Mexican servants served he and his entourage a buffet.

What of course. Blowing up levees is hard work.

Howey
04-02-2015, 10:31 AM
You liberals never quite understand, it's not in their best interests, it's a talking head or forum herdmember telling you what's in your 'best interests.'

This thread is so telling, wow.

It certainly is.

Just not in the way you think.

Ransom
04-02-2015, 12:29 PM
The destruction of New Orleans, Howey? The storm missed New Orleans Howey. The levees that broke brought lake water into New Orleans. Had it come from the Gulf, we would have seen biblical proportion movie like stuff, Japanese tsunami videos. And rather than thank God the storm missed.....you walked out and asked for money. Blamed the President....not of your neighborhood chapter....of the United States.

And look how the Left just fell into that one, look to what Howey deflects to right away, like we've never seen or read that before. Like a herd of sheep.....grazing whatever way they feed ewe.

Ransom
04-02-2015, 12:31 PM
It certainly is.

Just not in the way you think.

This thread about the same sh!t different day from Libs, Howey. And the first words from you on Katrina...deflects to Bush. I mean....it's dime a dozen mentalities. Same sheep, different day. Predictable. Easily proven wrong. In denial. And uninformed. Common denominators, it's truly amazing.

Like you all attend the same church or something.

texan
04-02-2015, 01:02 PM

Real nice and honest context here bro (Sarcasm)..................Such a thoughtful open minded man of research...................

Ransom
04-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Real nice and honest context here bro (Sarcasm)..................Such a thoughtful open minded man of research...................

And so consistent, doesn't the entire herd 'speak' like that?

zelmo1234
04-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Living off government programs is to prosperity it is poverty! that is the difference

Mac-7
04-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Living off government programs is to prosperity it is poverty! that is the difference

Total dependence on government is the height of ambition for libs.

But not conservatives who don't mind working for what they get.

Reason10
04-02-2015, 08:10 PM
grow up.

Chris
04-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Don't talk to yourself in public.

Green Arrow
04-02-2015, 09:05 PM
Why?

Because the Democrats aren't any better, so why the fuck not?

CaveDog
04-03-2015, 11:17 PM
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.” ― John Steinbeck

Dr. Who
04-03-2015, 11:36 PM
Bill Clinton was the President who signed the federal defense of marriage act defining marriage. No Republican wants to tell another woman what to do with their bodies either, that's a blatant lie. Republicans don't want to pay for your birth control or your abortion with federal tax receipts. The small government argument gets confused, most Republicans want a substantial budget for defense(the primary role for our government), education, and social security. However, we'd also like to see voluntary privatization of social security, voluntary medical savings accounts, the GOP more concerned with scope than size. Liberals believe government is the job creator, they don't believe it's your money to spend or create.....they believe they can best decide what to do with your money.

It's quite easy to see. Look at the cities and townships across America that have been dominated by Democrats. Chicago, Washington DC, New Orleans....

F'n cesspools in many areas. The highest crime rates. The highest drug use. The most single parent households, the most poverty.

Look at who is leading these garbage bins....most times it's a slick liberal.

No Republican wants to tell another woman what to do with their bodies either, that's a blatant lie.
Of course many do. You only have to read the posts on this forum to realize that many would like to make it illegal. Their objection isn't based in financing abortion, but objection to abortion itself. Republicans are comprised of both fiscal and social conservatives.

Ransom
04-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Of course many do. You only have to read the posts on this forum to realize that many would like to make it illegal. Their objection isn't based in financing abortion, but objection to abortion itself. Republicans are comprised of both fiscal and social conservatives.

I stand corrected Who, I did not clarify. You are correct in that most Republicans oppose abortion on moral and many times religious grounds and I certainly do not disagree with you there. We do object to abortion itself and believe it immoral. However Who. The vast majority in the cases of rape, incest, or mother's life in danger wouldn't oppose an abortion. And in the cases of legality, it's the term we object to. I would like to see abortion beyond a number of weeks made illegal, yes. That is in no way being told what to do, I cannot imagine for example you oppose the current law on late term abortions agreed to by the SCOTUS? Is that telling a woman what to do with her body, the fact that I believe aborting a child in it's 8th month is immoral?

But you busted me Who. Ransom don't get busted often. I must give you kudos here, I had to smile when I read your post. Opposition to the financing of abortion I must admit comes from a moral opposition to abortion itself. If I think about it, it's about nothing else. I do believe it should remain legal, but I don't want public funding and I demand restrictions on it not related to $. I'm Busted, you win that one.

Dr. Who
04-04-2015, 10:31 AM
I stand corrected Who, I did not clarify. You are correct in that most Republicans oppose abortion on moral and many times religious grounds and I certainly do not disagree with you there. We do object to abortion itself and believe it immoral. However Who. The vast majority in the cases of rape, incest, or mother's life in danger wouldn't oppose an abortion. And in the cases of legality, it's the term we object to. I would like to see abortion beyond a number of weeks made illegal, yes. That is in no way being told what to do, I cannot imagine for example you oppose the current law on late term abortions agreed to by the SCOTUS? Is that telling a woman what to do with her body, the fact that I believe aborting a child in it's 8th month is immoral?

But you busted me Who. Ransom don't get busted often. I must give you kudos here, I had to smile when I read your post. Opposition to the financing of abortion I must admit comes from a moral opposition to abortion itself. If I think about it, it's about nothing else. I do believe it should remain legal, but I don't want public funding and I demand restrictions on it not related to $. I'm Busted, you win that one.
I think that most reasonable people in the abortion debate are against late stage abortion. I personally see 12 weeks as the absolute limit except in cases of rape or of course if the mother's life is at risk. As to funding of same, I don't see why it should be paid by the public purse unless it is life threatening. While I can see funding birth control in at risk populations as a benefit to the community at large by preventing the growth of welfare recipients, I don't see abortion as a form of birth control. It is an elective medical procedure i.e. not medically necessary and should be governed by the rules for public funding of same.