PDA

View Full Version : Kansas To Allow Concealed Carry Of Guns Without A Permit

Common
04-03-2015, 04:23 AM
- Kansas residents will be allowed to carry concealed weapons in the state without training or a permit starting in July under a bill signed into law on Thursday by Governor Sam Brownback.Brownback, a Republican, said the new law will protect the rights of gun owners, while opponents said the measure poses safety risks.
"Responsible gun ownership - for protection and sport - is a right inherent in our Constitution," Brownback said in a statement.
Alaska, Arizona, Vermont, Arkansas and Wyoming have similar laws and nine other states are considering them, according to the governor's office.
The measure passed with strong support from both chambers of the Republican-controlled Kansas legislature.
Kansas will retain a permitting process for residents who want to carry a concealed weapon in states that require them, Brownback said. Businesses can still post signs that say concealed weapons are not allowed on their property, he said

Brownback said he encourages people to take gun safety training courses.
Loren Stanton, president of the Kansas chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, questioned the wisdom of making training voluntary for carrying a concealed weapon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/02/kansas-concealed-carry_n_6996842.html

Peter1469
04-03-2015, 04:25 AM
When the Colonies and the early States still had militias, the people were training. They trained as units from time too time. They also grew up relying on weapons to survive.

I think training is a good idea, and this isn't going to work very well.

Common
04-03-2015, 05:10 AM
Anyone with half a brain knows if you have a gun you need to know how to handle it and use it.

Freedumb is not exclusive to any persons desires, The freedumb of everyone else must be considered before you cater to one or a few people

PolWatch
04-03-2015, 05:33 AM
yeap....he's planning on running for president. Gotta make sure the Repub base knows he hits all the high notes with the right wing.

zelmo1234
04-03-2015, 07:29 AM
Maybe Exotix can help me out, but I believe that Alabama and Arizona, or New Mexico already have these laws.

My guess is that you will see violent crime and gun violence drop. though there may be a slight increase in the first 6 months as the criminals learn that they are no longer unopposed.

Crepitus
04-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Arrgh! As a responsible and well trained CCW holder in Kansas this bill terrifies me. Every dumbass redneck in the state is gonna be packing and looking for opportunities to use it. I predict half a dozen incidents in the first few weeks.

I fell the need for a larger caliber piece of hardware, think I'll go shopping soon.

PolWatch
04-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Alabama tried to pass a law that made it legal for anyone (no permit required) to carry a loaded weapon in their vehicle. I seem to remember that teenagers were included in this too. The law enforcement agencies in Alabama succeeded in stopping the law. Hooray for law enforcement!

zelmo1234
04-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Arrgh! As a responsible and well trained CCW holder in Kansas this bill terrifies me. Every dumbass redneck in the state is gonna be packing and looking for opportunities to use it. I predict half a dozen incidents in the first few weeks.

I think that you are right, there will be some thugs shot in the first few weeks

And I think that it is great What training courses did you go through.

zelmo1234
04-03-2015, 07:35 AM
Alabama tried to pass a law that made it legal for anyone (no permit required) to carry a loaded weapon in their vehicle. I seem to remember that teenagers were included in this too. The law enforcement agencies in Alabama succeeded in stopping the law. Hooray for law enforcement!

I don't think that you are correct, my father does not need a permit, and my reciprocation in AL does not require me to carry my permit.

But I could be wrong.

PolWatch
04-03-2015, 07:37 AM
This article is from a year ago:

MONTGOMERY, Alabama -- State Sen. Scott Beason, R-Gardendale, wants to make it legal to carry a loaded handgun in your car without a concealed carry permit and has introduced a bill to relax the law.

http://blog.al.com/wire/2014/02/new_beason-sponsored_gun_bill.html

Crepitus
04-03-2015, 07:46 AM
I think that you are right, there will be some thugs shot in the first few weeks

And I think that it is great What training courses did you go through.
I think there will be a few bad guys shot at first, several wives/husbands, some traffic offenders, some mistaken identity cases, some drunks in bar parking lots, and so on.

del
04-03-2015, 08:36 AM
sounds great