PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Apologizes to Pakistan, Pakistan Reopens Supply Routes......

MMC
07-03-2012, 07:10 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/InuowbaYeELkvPm0bIwsyw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/theticket/AP120703134078.jpg

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton announced Tuesday that Pakistan was reopening ground supply lines into neighboring Afghanistan after she apologized for the death of 24 Pakistani soldiers in a NATO strike in November.

"We are sorry for the losses suffered by the Pakistani military," Clinton told Pakistani Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar by telephone. America's top diplomat said in a statement that she had also offered "our deepest regrets for the tragic incident" on Pakistani soil that led that country to shut the supply lines.

American and NATO officials had said that the closure of the routes had not hurt the alliance's war on the Taliban, but that they would be crucial to the plan to withdraw the International Security Assistance Force's (ISAF) 130,000 troops by the end of 2014. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told Congress earlier this month that the need to rely on other supply lines was costing NATO an additional $100 million per month and suggested perhaps imposing limits on America's aid to its sometimes fitful ally.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/pakistan-reopens-supply-routes-afghanistan-clinton-says-sorry-183554802.html
The Ticket (http://thepoliticalforums.com/blogs/ticket/) – 4 hrs ago<<<<< More Here Way More, including link to Complete Clinton Statement.

Not one apology.....but two. Bush wasn't paying an extra 100 million for the War in Afghanistan. Nor did Bush have 130K troops there costing us More money as well. Yet nothing gets said about Obama's Costs for any overseas Adventures. Now the Libs they will say Obama ended Iraq. Yet we have the people still in Iraq and the largest US Embassy.

Lets not forget Obama has sent Troops down unda and Advisors into Africa to go after Kony. He has moved our fleets all over the place costing us more in fuel costs. Then there is his overhaul of the Navy with going to alternative fuels which is costing us more to take out systems and change over and will cost us much more than previously expected.

Then his use of Drones which is costing us more money. Throw in the Libyan Adventure and all the Tomahawks he blew off knowing they would have to be replenished before physical 2012, at 500k per Tomahawk.

First they apologize to Karzai and Afghanistan and now Pakistan.

Peter1469
07-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Notice how the Russians saved us with the northern route. They could easily have closed that. But it is in Russian interest to see the US bogged down in Afghanistan.

MMC
07-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I don't think they saved us.....I think they made money off us while still keeping their agenda. Should Clinton have apologized to the Pakis?

Peter1469
07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
I meant to put saved in quote. "saved"

They made lots of money and they satisfied their national security interests.

Peter1469
07-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Well don't get involved in occupying a nation that has no ocean access. Especially one with the best access through Pakistan.

moon
07-04-2012, 03:01 AM
Fuck Pakistan, bunch of cocksucking whores.

Pisses me off that we get into the shit that we get into and have to pander to these fucking cavemen who hate our fucking guts.

Many Pakistanis have good reason to hate the US of AIPAC. *Many other countries do too. *Console yourself in the knowledge that the expletives they use with regard to the US are at least as ripe as your own with regard to them. *

MMC
07-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Many Pakistanis have good reason to hate the US of AIPAC. *Many other countries do too. *Console yourself in the knowledge that the expletives they use with regard to the US are at least as ripe as your own with regard to them. *

Consider there are many Americans that have good reason to hate the Pakis and Other ME countries. Especially Arab countries. Good thing we didnt join in with Russia and decide to exterminate them all. Not much resistence coming from the weakest human beings on the planet.

Course you can console yourself with the usual.....able to talk the talk. But never walk the walk. :wink:

MMC
07-04-2012, 05:10 AM
I meant to put saved in quote. "saved"

They made lots of money and they satisfied their national security interests.

What about Clinton and Obama Apologizing? Should Clinton now Demand an apology from the Pakis concerning BinLaden? Should she not be telling them that she expects them to make an Apology to the World for harboring the Criminal and then that She wants that Apology in Writing on her Desk by the end of the Day?

Captain Obvious
07-04-2012, 08:39 AM

... says moon as he wipes his ass with the American flag.

moon
07-04-2012, 08:52 AM
You must mean the North American flag. *

Shoot the Goose
07-04-2012, 11:26 AM
What about Clinton and Obama Apologizing? Should Clinton now Demand an apology from the Pakis concerning BinLaden? Should she not be telling them that she expects them to make an Apology to the World for harboring the Criminal and then that She wants that Apology in Writing on her Desk by the end of the Day?

While I believe that Obama's foreign policy, and Hillary as SoS, has been one massive fail, I also think our entire situation with Pakistan is FUBAR, in no small part because of Afghanistan.

1) Pakistan is f'd up no matter which side you look in from. Jihaidst's, capitalists, corruption, nukes ... they got everything. I am quite OK with the capitalists.

2) As noted, so long as we are in Afg with ground/air forces of any consequence, we need Pakistan.

3) Yeah, we killed 24 of their troops who probably had it coming. But its still a political quagmire. Cause its a bit too obvious.
Even if they had it coming.

4) In the meantime, we still drop missiles on sovereign Pakistan, taking out a dozen or more Pakistani's, weekly. And according to Pakistan, that is OK. That still boggles my mind, although I like the idea of bombing those scum.

All things considered, I can't find fault in the apology. We have voluntarily put ourselves in a most screwed up situation.

MMC
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Humilation Publicly, works both ways.....this should be imparted to the Pakis. Furthermore they stated they were not going to apologize which is what caused the Pakis to close down the Routes. Now they come back and apologize. We need a SOS that has Respect for themselves.

Nothing like taking one step forward and then two steps back.

Peter1469
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
You seem to know something about public humiliation, you ignorant, ass-licking blowhard. *
A sneaky, illiterate misogynist such as you does for the reputation of moderators what Manson did for stand-up comedy. A remarkable error on somebody's part.
Suck it up, juicer.

You know, I could fuck you over using just my left foot. Believe it. *

French kick boxing champ? (I forget the name of the art).

Peter1469
07-05-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't think that the Pakistan government was concerned with the apology. They were concerned with resumption of the US military aid of about $1B. The apology was for public consumption.

roadmaster
07-05-2012, 08:42 PM
They could care less. They play the blame game. Doesn't matter how much they do or how many they kill. They only expect an apology from others but their main concern is money. Reminds me of liberals.

MMC
07-05-2012, 10:57 PM

Nah.....more like French Azz Kissing Champ. Suckered Blue?????

wingrider
07-06-2012, 01:17 AM
savatte?

Trinnity
07-06-2012, 06:41 AM
Moon, there is NO threatening other members here, let alone a moderator.

Peter1469
07-06-2012, 01:34 PM
savatte?

That is it!

MMC
07-06-2012, 01:54 PM
That is it!

How do you think this Martial Art compares with others?

Peter1469
07-06-2012, 02:06 PM
How do you think this Martial Art compares with others?

The typical answer is that there are no superior martial art, there are superior martial artists.

In competition that may be true, but in hand to hand combat I prefer Japanese jujitsu. I think that savatte is fine in the ring, but too limited in combat if you are against someone who knows how to fight hand to hand.

MMC
07-06-2012, 02:20 PM
The typical answer is that there are no superior martial art, there are superior martial artists.

In competition that may be true, but in hand to hand combat I prefer Japanese jujitsu. I think that savatte is fine in the ring, but too limited in combat if you are against someone who knows how to fight hand to hand.

Actually I think you explained it well and accurately. Which in comparison to others and for that reason alone, I would say Savate is at a disadvantage. As it was on the streets when encountered. I spent years, in several since the age of 7. Do you think Japanese Jujitsu is an aggressive fighting art or more of a defensive one?

Most L.E.s use Jujitsu, Judo, and Akido.

Peter1469
07-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Actually I think you explained it well and accurately. Which in comparison to others and for that reason alone, I would say Savate is at a disadvantage. As it was on the streets when encountered. I spent years, in several since the age of 7. Do you think Japanese Jujitsu is an aggressive fighting art or more of a defensive one?

Most L.E.s use Jujitsu, Judo, and Akido.

Japanese Jujitsu is at spirit defensive. But with the idea that a good defense is a strong offense :laugh:

Akido (the pre-WWII form) is basically jujitsu in a pure defensive form- it uses big circles to subdue without harming. I started with it. And then moved to jujitsu.

wingrider
07-06-2012, 03:22 PM
don't know about others but i am brown belt in Tae Kwando

Peter1469
07-06-2012, 03:23 PM
I would say that Akido is what should be taught to LEOs.

MMC
07-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I would say that Akido is what should be taught to LEOs.

I would agree. I don't mind them sticking with any of the 3 I mentioned.

Peter1469
07-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I would agree. I don't mind them sticking with any of the 3 I mentioned.

I would disagree. With the same 10 moves the difference with Akido and jujitsu is broken bones. We don't need our LEOs breaking bones to subdue people.

MMC
07-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I would disagree. With the same 10 moves the difference with Akido and jujitsu is broken bones. We don't need our LEOs breaking bones to subdue people.

Most Suburban Cops use The Korean Form of Jujitsu and or Judo. Lot of defensive work. I don't mind them playing defensive and going with what they know.

They say beware the Kempo man who will sacrifice an arm to be broken, while bringing the engagement to its finality.

Peter1469
07-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Most Suburban Cops use The Korean Form of Jujitsu and or Judo. Lot of defensive work. I don't mind them playing defensive and going with what they know.

They say beware the Kempo man who will sacrifice an arm to be broken, while bringing the engagement to its finality.

I think that you are talking about ground work. That is great in the ring when it is one on one. If there are more than one perps, ground work is a potential suicide. One of Gracie's best Brazilian jujitsu black belts got into a bar fight. He devastated the guy he was fighting, but several of the guy's friends stomped him to death.

MMC
07-06-2012, 09:50 PM
No I am not talkin about ring action or just one on ones. But I am talking going critical on all an any moves. As in the Chung Kuel Master, deciding with the first thought. In whether to maim or just kill.

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 07:06 AM
Ah, I see.

MMC
07-07-2012, 07:40 AM
Ah, I see.

I started with the Japanese Forms.....went to the Korean, then back to Japanese and ended in Chinese. You familiar with Frank Dux? Whats your take on him if you are?

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 08:07 AM
I am not familiar with him. I checked out the Korean forms and found them to largely be focused on competition. I was interested in combat arts.

MMC
07-07-2012, 08:32 AM
I am not familiar with him. I checked out the Korean forms and found them to largely be focused on competition. I was interested in combat arts.

I felt the same about the Korean forms. But then they were hosting Death Matches for competition. Familar with Ed Parker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz91tg7JX-o
This is a tribute to せんせい Hanshi Frank W Dux grandmaster of the Koga Yamabushi Ryu Ninjutsu school 甲賀流 忍術 and inspiration to the movie bloodsport with Jean Claude van Damme. He has written many articles about martial arts he had different dojos and taught the art of the Ninja to his students. せんせい Frank Dux has studied the ancient art of Koga Yamabushi Ryu Ninjutsu 甲賀流 忍術 which is another system and not connected to the Bujinkan, Genbukan or Jinenkan systems. Although Hanshi Frank W Dux is a soke he is not connected to soke Masaaki Hatsumi by any means. He has studied under Sensei Senzo "tiger" Tanaka (who was a kumite fighter himself). After the Kumite that he fought from 1975 until 1980 Frank Dux came out as the undefeated heavy weight world Champion full contact kumite. The Kumite 組手 is organised by the Kokuryukai (black dragon society and the I F A A International Fighting Arts Association). During that Kumite 組手 Hanshi Dux adapted and adjusted his system according to the situations that occurred, when he started to teach he kept on doing the realistic fighting stuff and added his experiences to the traditional style he knew. With that he founded Dux Ryu Ninjitsu and FASST defense methods , and is giving lectures all over the world, about martial arts , fighting and strategy. Besides Ninjutsu Hanshi Dux also learned: Ju Jutsu, Karate, Judo, Kungfu, Mongolian fighting systems and many many more. Hanshi Frank W Dux if you read this -this tribute is to honor you Hanshi Dux!-.....snip~

Here ya go Pete.....allow me to intro you to Frank Dux. The man Van Damne did the Movie based on the Kumite and truthfully the Death-Matches in and out of Korea.

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 10:33 AM
cool stuff