PDA

View Full Version : Could be best speaker for republicans

Bob
04-04-2015, 08:29 PM
The truly intelligent listen to a view such as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xui9mW-Sbek

Bob
04-04-2015, 08:30 PM
More by same speaker

Listen and learn
http://www.c-span.org/video/?323690-1/bill-whittle-messaging-millennials

Bob
04-04-2015, 09:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xui9mW-Sbek

Rust never sleeps

The law keeps growing so you are not done mowing the lawn

Green Arrow
04-04-2015, 09:24 PM
You posted the same video in two different threads.

del
04-04-2015, 10:16 PM
You posted the same video in two different threads.

it's twice as good that way

PolWatch
04-05-2015, 06:20 AM
Duplicate Threads Merged

zelmo1234
04-05-2015, 06:22 AM
Repetition is the mother of all learning. :)

Progressive policies are the good intention paving of the pathway to hell

midcan5
04-05-2015, 10:04 AM
That was interesting propaganda and it wouldn't take much to take his three counterpoints and make them liberal rather than conservative. Still the odd thing is it isn't about doing something, it is rather about pointing fingers at another. The constant conservative martyrdom theory. We were recently at a sing along in which as the old songs were banged away on the pianos, the crowd would sing the lines that stood out much as Whittle did with his pop culture example. I doubt that means very much, but Bill is engaged in agitprop and not cultural analysis.

Our grandson laughs like crazy at some of Family Guy but fails to even understand the more political or pointed jabs. His laughter is over potty talk and stupid violence as boys sometimes find funny. My wife and I roll our eyes and are glad when he loses interest as we find the show kinda stupid. Whittle fails to understand that people see and agree with what they already see and agree with. He is naive if he thinks the show will make a person a democrat or liberal if they ain't already.

The YouTube was too immature for further comment - it is the sort of naive self congratulatory crap that passes as thought today - but I'll link one piece that tackles his worship of freedom as something he hypocritically accepts as his chosen territory. Think only of Indiana and Arkansas if you think. If Bill could think he'd have to think freedom for whom?

"....If conservatism is the ideology of freedom, how come they’re the ones who are always trying to take that freedom away from us, especially women and minorities? Why did they fight against the effort to end slavery, or to give women and minorities the vote, or to protect them from discrimination? Why are they still supporting efforts to disenfranchise minorities?" The Regressive Antidote - If Conservatism Is The Ideology of Freedom, I'm The Queen of England - http://www.commondreams.org/views/2007/11/23/if-conservatism-ideology-freedom-im-queen-england

Peter1469
04-05-2015, 10:30 AM
^^^ lol
lost in lib land

Howey
04-05-2015, 01:13 PM
^^^ lol
lost in lib land

Lol...

Whittle is a college dropout who's floated from one job to another.

In other words, a perfect candidate to represent the republicans!

WHITTLE/PALIN '16!

Chris
04-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Lol...

WHITTLE/PALIN '16!

Attacking messengers leaves messages standing.

Howey
04-05-2015, 03:23 PM
Where did I attack the messenger?

del
04-05-2015, 03:47 PM

hypocrite

Chris
04-05-2015, 03:50 PM
hypocrite

Give it a rest, del. You'll recover.

Chris
04-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Where did I attack the messenger?

In your post, howey, the one I quoted, you attacked Whittle instead of what he said.

TrueBlue
04-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Repetition is the mother of all learning. :)

Progressive policies are the good intention paving of the pathway to hell
Sorry to rain on your parade but the pathway to Hell has already been created by Conservatives.

Peter1469
04-05-2015, 07:27 PM
Sorry to rain on your parade but the pathway to Hell has already been created by Conservatives.

Right. Advocacy for limited government and personal responsibility is Hell for Statists who demand cradle to grave government assistance. I wish you hell. Get your hands out of my pocket.

Green Arrow
04-05-2015, 07:55 PM

How can you partisans stand letting stupid shit like this come out of your mouths? My skin would be crawling.

Howey
04-05-2015, 10:41 PM
In your post, howey, the one I quoted, you attacked Whittle instead of what he said.
*shrug*

Looks like I supported him.

Captain Obvious
04-05-2015, 10:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm4grNE9QVg

Mac-7
04-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Lol...

WHITTLE/PALIN '16!

Bush and obumer are Harvard grads yet they are very stupid presidents.

Howey
04-06-2015, 06:33 AM
Prove it.

Mac-7
04-06-2015, 06:37 AM
Prove it.

Prove what?

That bush and obumer are bad presidents?

I think that's common knowledge.

Reason10
04-06-2015, 10:33 AM
From Bill Whittle:

"I want to make Conservatism cool and sexy because it is cool and sexy. We believe in loud guns and fast cars and hot women. And we believe everyone should have FIVE HOUSES if you work hard enough for it. And we want SIX FLAGS on the moon. And we believe if you want to do something and it doesn't hurt anybody else you should be able to do it.

What do they (liberals) believe? What's their vision for America's future? A bunch of people sitting around thatched huts with carbon neutral construction walking around pulling parasites off of each other, burning a cow pie, eating a sustainable algae cake, RAISING MONEY FOR THE GUATEMALAN WATER SNAKE?

ARE YOU ACTUALLY TRYING TO TELL ME THAT THESE ARE EQUAL VISIONS WE CAN SELL TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?"

Calypso Jones
04-06-2015, 10:36 AM
video. give us video.

Reason10
04-06-2015, 10:37 AM
video. give us video.

It's a little lengthy. Well worth your time.

Cigar
04-06-2015, 11:07 AM
So Cool you're going to need a Bigger Tent :grin: and less Post-Election Autopsies :laugh:

Calypso Jones
04-06-2015, 11:28 AM
what you mean is, 'scary video'. So scary you'd couldn't possibly muster your courage to watch it. It's so much easier to wallow in your cignorance.

Crepitus
04-06-2015, 11:42 AM
From Bill Whittle:

"I want to make Conservatism cool and sexy because it is cool and sexy. We believe in loud guns and fast cars and hot women. And we believe everyone should have FIVE HOUSES if you work hard enough for it. And we want SIX FLAGS on the moon. And we believe if you want to do something and it doesn't hurt anybody else you should be able to do it.

What do they (liberals) believe? What's their vision for America's future? A bunch of people sitting around thatched huts with carbon neutral construction walking around pulling parasites off of each other, burning a cow pie, eating a sustainable algae cake, RAISING MONEY FOR THE GUATEMALAN WATER SNAKE?

ARE YOU ACTUALLY TRYING TO TELL ME THAT THESE ARE EQUAL VISIONS WE CAN SELL TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE?"
Well, I'd have to disagree with some of that. Conservatism is going to severely limit (already has actually) the number of people who can have five, or even one house and has cut the funding for space exploration to near zero.

As an amatuer drag racer I can tell you than as many liberals love fast cars as conservatives, and I think the appeal of beautiful women is pretty universal.

I realize that I am a rare liberal who like guns, but we are out there and few if any of us live in grass huts with lice that are heated by buffalo chips. Most of us also like a good steak as much as the next guy.

Nice of you to post a hit piece on half the population of the US though!

PolWatch
04-06-2015, 12:45 PM
the man has groupies! This is the third time this week the same video has been posted.

Bob
04-06-2015, 12:55 PM
From Bill Whittle:

Bill Whittle is plain awesome. He is featured on CSPAN if you missed his talks.

He is in the entertainment business and lays out the case very well.

PolWatch
04-06-2015, 12:57 PM
Duplicate Threads Merged

Bob
04-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Well, I'd have to disagree with some of that. Conservatism is going to severely limit (already has actually) the number of people who can have five, or even one house and has cut the funding for space exploration to near zero.

As an amatuer drag racer I can tell you than as many liberals love fast cars as conservatives, and I think the appeal of beautiful women is pretty universal.

I realize that I am a rare liberal who like guns, but we are out there and few if any of us live in grass huts with lice that are heated by buffalo chips. Most of us also like a good steak as much as the next guy.

Nice of you to post a hit piece on half the population of the US though!

I would say that until age 42, I was exactly like you in many ways. From loving drag racing to hot women, we would hit it off. I woke up to the Democrats.

Bill Whittle is one of the best speakers on politics I have heard or watched since Ronald Reagan.

Bob
04-06-2015, 01:01 PM
the man has groupies! This is the third time this week the same video has been posted.

In 3 chances, did you watch him? Did he say anything important to you?

By the way, I posted a short version of him and later the full speech. It is that important.

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 03:32 PM
From Bill Whittle:

So conservatives are against the drug war and for legalization of drugs? Conservatives are for gay marriage?

This should be fun.

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 03:34 PM
I would say that until age 42, I was exactly like you in many ways. From loving drag racing to hot women, we would hit it off. I woke up to the Democrats.

Bill Whittle is one of the best speakers on politics I have heard or watched since Ronald Reagan.

Yep, you woke up to the Democrats and fell asleep with the Republicans. Narcolepsy happens sometimes when you get older.

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 03:35 PM

A new conservative prophet. Just wait until the liberals get their new prophet...

Crepitus
04-06-2015, 04:13 PM

How dare you compare me to a republican!?!?!

Just kidding! You seem like an alright guy Bob. My experiences have been somewhat different though, I was raised to be a republican. Well off family of business owners, lots of military family and those at weren't were ranchers and such. After highschool I went to the middle east and parts of africa. The poverty I saw there wasn't a surprise, but coming back and realizing it was here too was a big one. That forced me to rethink a lot of things I had taken for granted, including my political beliefs. Added to that was seeing what a government based on religion is really like, and I realized there were just some ideals I couldn't support anymore.

Bob
04-06-2015, 05:04 PM
How dare you compare me to a republican!?!?!

Just kidding! You seem like an alright guy Bob. My experiences have been somewhat different though, I was raised to be a republican. Well off family of business owners, lots of military family and those at weren't were ranchers and such. After highschool I went to the middle east and parts of africa. The poverty I saw there wasn't a surprise, but coming back and realizing it was here too was a big one. That forced me to rethink a lot of things I had taken for granted, including my political beliefs. Added to that was seeing what a government based on religion is really like, and I realized there were just some ideals I couldn't support anymore.

You are the sort of person who will convert back to your republican roots.

I am pretty sure of that.

Let me give you a tip. JBJ was my president. i voted for the man. I used to believe in Democrats until I found out they talked and talked, did nothing but talk.

LBJ went after poverty. He might still be looking. He never fixed it.

Bob
04-06-2015, 05:10 PM
A new conservative prophet. Just wait until the liberals get their new prophet...

But still, you agree with Bill Whittle, correct?

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 05:11 PM
But still, you agree with Bill Whittle, correct?

No, I don't. I already pointed out where he was wrong.

Bob
04-06-2015, 05:12 PM
No, I don't. I already pointed out where he was wrong.

You decided he is wrong?????????????????????

YOU??????????????????????

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Bob
04-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Lol...

WHITTLE/PALIN '16!

14 minutes was not nearly enough to get the full impact of Bill Whittle.

Bill Whittle gave a brilliant speech.

I later gave the CSPAN site since there his talk lasts more than an hour.

Bob
04-06-2015, 05:26 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by TrueBlue http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1031884#post1031884)

Right. Advocacy for limited government and personal responsibility is Hell for Statists who demand cradle to grave government assistance. I wish you hell. Get your hands out of my pocket.

So called Liberals will talk to you with their arm into your pocket so deep you will think they are having sex with you. And the money they talk of, always belongs to others.

I call this the criminal theory. If they take it, it is theirs. Till they take it, it is yours.

Bob
04-06-2015, 05:40 PM

There is a new book available about GW Bush making the case he is very smart. Based on my own independent research, I agree he is a very smart person. Obama has IQ but not street smarts as Bush has.

This is not the book Bill Whittle mentioned but let's start here.

http://www.amazon.com/President-George-W-Bush-Forty-third/dp/0689878346/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1428359731&sr=1-7&keywords=about+George+W+Bush

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 05:44 PM
You decided he is wrong?????????????????????

YOU??????????????????????

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Not decided, no. I proved it.

Bob
04-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Not decided, no. I proved it.

i been hunting that so called proof.

Crepitus
04-06-2015, 06:08 PM
You are the sort of person who will convert back to your republican roots.

I am pretty sure of that.

Let me give you a tip. JBJ was my president. i voted for the man. I used to believe in Democrats until I found out they talked and talked, did nothing but talk.

LBJ went after poverty. He might still be looking. He never fixed it.
Until and unless there is a drastic change in the party line it's very unlikely I will ever vote Republican again my friend.

Bob
04-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Until and unless there is a drastic change in the party line it's very unlikely I will ever vote Republican again my friend.

You my friend were drawn in by Democrats ... er ... fibs.

Bob
04-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Yep, you woke up to the Democrats and fell asleep with the Republicans. Narcolepsy happens sometimes when you get older.

Yours came very early on. And it seems you won't recover.

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 08:52 PM
i been hunting that so called proof.

If you haven't found it yet, you probably never will. But, let no one say I am not merciful...try answering the questions on page 4, post #35.

Yours came very early on. And it seems you won't recover.

Nice try, Bob, but you've failed. I'm not asleep, I'm very much awake. I am well aware of the actions of both parties and don't fall for either one.

Bob
04-06-2015, 09:05 PM
So conservatives are against the drug war and for legalization of drugs? Conservatives are for gay marriage?

This should be fun.

The war against Drugs came from Lyndon Johnson. Homosexual marriage is a state ritual.

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 09:07 PM
The war against Drugs came from Lyndon Johnson. Homosexual marriage is a state ritual.

Try again, Bob.

Do conservatives support the legalization of drugs and gay marriage?

Bob
04-06-2015, 09:09 PM
Try again, Bob.

Do conservatives support the legalization of drugs and gay marriage?

Maybe, I don't give a shit.

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 09:10 PM
I thought so.