PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush identified himself as "Hispanic" on 2009 form

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Jeb Bush identified himself as 'Hispanic' in 2009 form (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/jeb-bush-identified-hispanic-2009-116684.html?hp=rc4_4)

Jeb Bush identified himself as Hispanic on a 2009 voter registration form, according to a report by The New York Times on Monday.

According to the voter-registration application, Bush chose Hispanic in the “race/ethnicity” field.

A spokeswoman for the Republican presidential hopeful could not explain the characterization to the Times.

His wife, Columba Bush, was born in León, Mexico, and the former Florida governor speaks fluent Spanish. He also lived in Caracas, Venezuela, while working as a vice president for Texas Commerce Bank.

I don't post this because I give two shits about taking down Jeb Bush. I just do it out of curiosity to see if Jeb Bush gets the same "Fauxcahontas" treatment by Republicans as Elizabeth Warren did.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

southwest88
04-06-2015, 09:35 PM
Presumably a typo on JEB's part - he knows perfectly well that he's not Hispanic - although he has learned Spanish, married a Mexican national, converted to R. Catholicism, & has risen in the Knights of Columbus. I think he's a very long shot for the GOP prex bid - too nuanced in his positions. Too bad - I don't think he'll get the nod because he's not a bomb thrower - the same qualities that would allow him to do well with moderates & independents in the general.

I don't know how fluent he is in Spanish - it probably doesn't matter, really. I've heard snippets of him conversing, but I need a longer sample to see how he does. Spontaneous would be best, but I haven't found any long bits of him speaking off script.

& so it goes.

sachem
04-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Presumably a typo on JEB's part - he knows perfectly well that he's not Hispanic - although he has learned Spanish, married a Mexican national, converted to R. Catholicism, & has risen in the Knights of Columbus. I think he's a very long shot for the GOP prex bid - too nuanced in his positions. Too bad - I don't think he'll get the nod because he's not a bomb thrower - the same qualities that would allow him to do well with moderates & independents in the general.

I don't know how fluent he is in Spanish - it probably doesn't matter, really. I've heard snippets of him conversing, but I need a longer sample to see how he does. Spontaneous would be best, but I haven't found any long bits of him speaking off script.

& so it goes.He typed Hispanic instead of WASP? lol........

It was a box that was checked. Not that it still couldn't be an innocent mistake.

texan
04-06-2015, 09:48 PM
There is a whole entire big thread on this earlier I think started by Cigar.

BTW its a dumb thread.............I covered it in the other thread.

texan
04-06-2015, 09:52 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/42375-Jeb-Identified-Himself-as-%E2%80%98Hispanic%E2%80%99

Green Arrow
04-06-2015, 10:06 PM
There is a whole entire big thread on this earlier I think started by Cigar.

BTW its a dumb thread.............I covered it in the other thread.

I'm not going to stand for my threads being merged with anything by Cigar. I have standards.

Not many, but I do have standards.

Tahuyaman
04-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Jeb Bush identified himself as 'Hispanic' in 2009 form (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/jeb-bush-identified-hispanic-2009-116684.html?hp=rc4_4)

I don't post this because I give two $#@!s about taking down Jeb Bush. I just do it out of curiosity to see if Jeb Bush gets the same "Fauxcahontas" treatment by Republicans as Elizabeth Warren did.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

What's "fauxcahontas" and what does it have to do with that idiot Elizabeth Warren?

texan
04-06-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm not going to stand for my threads being merged with anything by Cigar. I have standards.

Not many, but I do have standards.

Pretty funny!

texan
04-06-2015, 10:47 PM
I asked how a 2009 voter card gives him an advantage with Hispanics? Any ideas? I mean if he did it every year or claimed verbally in front of camera's he was Hispanic like warren claimed to be Indian I could get some outrage ramped up, but this? Huh?

Its like the weak email claims by the Clintonites...........He complied with State Law, she didn't comply with Federal law.