PDA

View Full Version : I wish...

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 12:13 PM
...VBulletin had a real ignore feature, like Facebook.

Put someone on ignore and they vanish forever. They don't see you, you don't see them. No signs of them whatsoever, not in replies, new threads, quotes - poof, gone.

Then I'd use it.

Cigar
04-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Sometimes you just have to face your fears like a Man ...

Mister D
04-07-2015, 12:18 PM
But you just ran away like a little bitch here:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/42403-Riots-Looting-amp-Fires-Break-Out-in-Kentucky-Don-t-Worry-It-s-Mostly-White-Kids?p=1034205#post1034205

Mister D
04-07-2015, 12:21 PM

Put someone on ignore and they vanish forever. They don't see you, you don't see them. No signs of them whatsoever, not in replies, new threads, quotes - poof, gone.

Then I'd use it.

I use it to get Eddy's trash out of the way. Sage's too.

PolWatch
I see lots of people talking about using the ignore feature but it seems few really do. I think they enjoy the arguing. Who wants to live in an echo chamber?

Captain Obvious
But you just ran away like a little bitch here:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/42403-Riots-Looting-amp-Fires-Break-Out-in-Kentucky-Don-t-Worry-It-s-Mostly-White-Kids?p=1034205#post1034205

but...but... but

..."BACK TO BLACK!!!"!!!

:biglaugh:

Cigar
04-07-2015, 12:22 PM
I see lots of people talking about using the ignore feature but it seems few really do. I think they enjoy the arguing. Who wants to live in an echo chamber?

Their sucker threads aren't working out the way they planned ... :laugh:

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 12:22 PM

I agree with that but there are some that are wholly disruptive and offer no value whatsoever to the process. It would be nice to filter out some of the noise.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 12:34 PM

Then I'd use it.

Is that really how Facebook's ignore works? (Can you tell I don't do much on Facebook?)

That doesn't seem like an ignore feature. More of a hide feature.

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Is that really how Facebook's ignore works? (Can you tell I don't do much on Facebook?)

That doesn't seem like an ignore feature. More of a hide feature.

Yeah, that person on ignore (they call it "block") vanishes forever.

CreepyOldDude
04-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Yeah, that person on ignore (they call it "block") vanishes forever.

But they also can't see you?

Captain Obvious
04-07-2015, 12:56 PM
But they also can't see you?

Right - you don't exist in their world also.

Wish that's how ignore worked here.

Bob
04-07-2015, 12:56 PM

I am alive and well because the smart folks talk to me.