PDA

View Full Version : LOL Cruz!

Howey
04-07-2015, 04:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xRdrWUk.png

texan
04-07-2015, 04:47 PM
What would be funny is if he were elected.......I would love to be a fly on the democrats walls then.

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 04:51 PM
What would be funny is if he were elected.......I would love to be a fly on the democrats walls then.

Libs are trying real hard to convince low information voters that Cruz I'd unelectable.

I fact he's a very smart man who has argued cases before the Supreme Court.

Something obumer cannot say.

Cruz has authored 70 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including nine before the United States Supreme Court.[7][35][44] Cruz's record of having argued before the Supreme Court nine times is more than any practicing lawyer in Texas or any current member of Congress.[45] Cruz has commented on his nine cases in front of the U.S. Supreme Court: "We ended up year after year arguing some of the biggest cases in the country. There was a degree of serendipity in that, but there was also a concerted effort to seek out and lead conservative fights."[45]

In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz drafted the amicus brief signed by the attorneys general of 31 states, which said that the D.C. handgun ban should be struck down as infringing upon the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.[44][46] Cruz also presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.[44][47]

In addition to his success in Heller, Cruz successfully defended the constitutionality of the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds before the Fifth Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court, winning 5-4 in Van Orden v. Perry.[10][35][44]

In 2004, Cruz was involved in the high-profile case, Elk Grove Unified School District v. Newdow,[10][35] in which he wrote a U.S. Supreme Court brief on behalf of all 50 states.[48] The Supreme Court upheld the position of Cruz’s brief.

Cruz served as lead counsel for the state and successfully defended the multiple litigation challenges to the 2003 Texas congressional redistricting plan in state and federal district courts and before the U.S. Supreme Court, which was decided 5-4 in his favor in League of United Latin American Citizens v. Perry.[10][49]

Cruz also successfully defended, in Medellin v. Texas, the State of Texas against an attempt to re-open the cases of 51 Mexican nationals, all of whom were convicted of murder in the United States and were on death row.[7][10][35][44] With the support of the George W. Bush Administration, the petitioners argued that the United States had violated the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations by failing to notify the convicted nationals of their opportunity to receive legal aid from the Mexican consulate.[40][50] They based their case on a decision of the International Court of Justice in the Avena case which ruled that by failing to allow access to the Mexican consulate, the US had breached its obligations under the Convention.[51] Texas won the case in a 6-3 decision, the Supreme Court holding that ICJ decisions were not binding in domestic law and that the President had no power to enforce them.[40][50]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

Bo-4
04-07-2015, 05:01 PM
I LOVE Tom Tomorrow!!

NAILED IT AGAIN

Thanks x 1m!!

Howey
04-07-2015, 05:01 PM

Libs are trying real hard to convince low information voters that Cruz I'd unelectable.

texan Mac-7 I'm willing to wager $500. If Cruz wins, I'll donate $500 to the forum. If he loses, the two of you, and anyone else who wants to join you, will donate $500 each to the forum.

Deal? Or are you two all of a sudden scared?

Bo-4
04-07-2015, 05:04 PM

If Ted is EVER elected POTUS ... i Bo-4 will switch parties and pay you Mac-7:

http://cdn.styleforum.net/0/09/350x700px-LL-09a01a10_762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d96 7572cbbe24b90cf8db6011f.jpeg

Peter1469
04-07-2015, 05:08 PM
Why is this not in Rants?

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 05:08 PM
@texan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=979) @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014) I'm willing to wager $500. If Cruz wins, I'll donate $500 to the forum. If he loses, the two of you, and anyone else who wants to join you, will donate $500 each to the forum.

Where have I predicted that Cruz will be elected?

There are plenty of candidates for the office so the odds are in your favor.

Meaning you are grandstanding.

As I pointed out above Cruz has argued 9 cases before the Supreme Court and is the real deal rather than an empty suit like obumer.

Bo-4
04-07-2015, 05:09 PM

Because it's not a rant? It's satire.

Maybe Pub.

del
04-07-2015, 05:09 PM

:rofl:

metheron
04-07-2015, 05:28 PM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Cruz

Maybe he should stick to being a lawyer then, looks like he may have been good at it.

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 05:48 PM
Maybe he should stick to being a lawyer then, looks like he may have been good at it.

He would make a good president too.

metheron
04-07-2015, 05:49 PM

Why? Because he can defend his legislation in front of the Supreme Court?

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 05:53 PM
Why? Because he can defend his legislation in front of the Supreme Court?

Thats one good reason.

You probably don't like his positions but I do.

obumer could not even summon enough intellectual capacity to write a contribution to the Harvard Law Review that The One was editor of.

del
04-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Thats one good reason.

obumer could not even summon enough intellectual capacity to write a contribution to the Harvard Law Review that The One was editor of.

editors edit

you could use one

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 06:04 PM
editors edit

At the Harvard Law Review editors above the rank of Affirmative Action Welfare Baby contribute also.

you could use one

i can't argue with that.

del
04-07-2015, 06:20 PM
At the Harvard Law Review editors above the rank of Affirmative Action Welfare Baby contribute also.

i can't argue with that.

no, they don't and no you can't

TrueBlue
04-07-2015, 06:35 PM
So does that mean that you have enough faith in him actually becoming POTUS in 2016 that you will take up Howey on his bet? Yes or No?

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/42454-LOL-Cruz!?p=1034672&viewfull=1#post1034672

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 07:30 PM
So does that mean that you have enough faith in him actually becoming POTUS in 2016 that you will take up Howey on his bet? Yes or No?

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/42454-LOL-Cruz!?p=1034672&viewfull=1#post1034672

I have a lot of confidence in Cruz to be a good president.

But practically no confidence in 51% of the voters to choose the particular candidate that I prefer.

This is the crowd that has picked McCain, Romney John Kerry, obumer and maybe Billery Clinton.

So I'm not making any predictions and I never do.

texan
04-07-2015, 07:44 PM
@texan (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=979) @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014) I'm willing to wager $500. If Cruz wins, I'll donate $500 to the forum. If he loses, the two of you, and anyone else who wants to join you, will donate $500 each to the forum.

First you need to learn to read, where did I say he would win or could win? Show me I will wait! You guys are so ridiculous at times. Grow up and get a clue. I said it would be funny if he did win and you 2 genius' imply I said that he would or could...............???? How are you 12? Your rabid emotions over this make you crazy over-reactionary.

texan
04-07-2015, 07:50 PM
But that is what Cruz does to Liberals........makes them nuts with all his praying and shit!

BTW read Mr. Lib Alan Dershowitz says about him at Harvard or allow me "he was the brightest student he ever had. He was also called the best debater in the Ivy league during his time. That makes him smarter than you and smarter than most.

Howey
04-07-2015, 07:51 PM
You have ze power oh mighty mod...

Because it's not a rant? It's satire.

Maybe Pub.
I was going to put it in the Pub but then I thought there was a place for political satire in the politics thread.

texan
04-07-2015, 07:52 PM
I will rant some if that helps get it moved.

TrueBlue
04-07-2015, 07:59 PM
I have a lot of confidence in Cruz to be a good president.

But practically no confidence in 51% of the voters to choose the particular candidate that I prefer.

This is the crowd that has picked McCain, Romney John Kerry, obumer and maybe Billery Clinton.

So I'm not making any predictions and I never do.
That's a cop-out. It should be in the form of Yes, I make a bet or No, I will not make a bet that Cruz will become POTUS. That simple really.

Peter1469
04-07-2015, 08:05 PM
First you need to learn to read, where did I say he would win or could win? Show me I will wait! You guys are so ridiculous at times. Grow up and get a clue. I said it would be funny if he did win and you 2 genius' imply I said that he would or could...............???? How are you 12? Your rabid emotions over this make you crazy over-reactionary.

Warning: Please don’t call members names.

Peter1469
04-07-2015, 08:09 PM
You have ze power oh mighty mod...

I was going to put it in the Pub but then I thought there was a place for political satire in the politics thread.

Satire should be in the Pub.

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 08:09 PM
That's a cop-out. It should be in the form of Yes, I make a bet or No, I will not make a bet that Cruz will become POTUS. That simple really.

I have not made a bet that Cruz will become president.

but I would like it very much if he does.

Peter1469
04-07-2015, 08:38 PM
He needs to be a governor if he is going to focus on the social con issues.

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 08:41 PM
He needs to be a governor if he is going to focus on the social con issues.

Sure.

libs want Christians to sit down and shut up.

metheron
04-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Thats one good reason.

I am no fan of Obama, and while you are free to like his positions, he isn't electable. He is not nearly mainstream enough. And while I don't necessarily endorse mainstream, I respect that you stand on your principles, but just be prepared to lose if 'he's your guy'!!

I have not heard of someone running yet that espouses my views.

Peter1469
04-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Sure.

libs want Christians to sit down and shut up.

Constitutionalists believe in federalism and understand that the federal government only gets power under Art 1, sec. 8, US Const.

But I understand public schools don't teach that concept.

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 09:17 PM
I have not heard of someone running yet that espouses my views.

No one except a clone of yourself will espouse all of your views.

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 09:18 PM
Constitutionalists believe in federalism and understand that the federal government only gets power under Art 1, sec. 8, US Const.

But I understand public schools don't teach that concept.

It seems that Cruz ran into trouble with you when he reached out to Christians.

Like I said, some people want Christians to sit down and shut up.

Peter1469
04-07-2015, 09:22 PM
It seems that Cruz ran into trouble with you when he reached out to Christians.

Like I said, some people want Christians to sit down and shut up.

Lol.

Re-read my post. If you still don't comprehend it, please don't respond with off - topic drivel again.

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Lol.

Re-read my post. If you still don't comprehend it, please don't respond with off - topic drivel again.

You are the one spouting drivel.

Only the state have jurisdiction on social issues?

Dont be silly.

Peter1469
04-07-2015, 09:33 PM
You are the one spouting drivel.

Only the state have jurisdiction on social issues?

Dont be silly.

lol

God damn, public schools are a total failure.

Try to forget the lies your teachers taught you. Google Art. 1, Sec. 8, US Constitution. That is the limit of federal action so far as substantive governance is concerned.

States have the general powers over Life, Health, and Safety issues.

Does any of this get through the tick haze?

Conservatives don't believe that all government power is held at the federal level. That is anti-conservative.

Mac-7
04-07-2015, 10:34 PM
lol

God $#@!, public schools are a total failure.

Try to forget the lies your teachers taught you. Google Art. 1, Sec. 8, US Constitution. That is the limit of federal action so far as substantive governance is concerned.

States have the general powers over Life, Health, and Safety issues.

Does any of this get through the tick haze?

Conservatives don't believe that all government power is held at the federal level. That is anti-conservative.

So how come the Feds are forcing abortion and homosexuality on the states if Washington has no jurisdiction?

The Sage of Main Street
04-08-2015, 04:05 PM
If Ted is EVER elected POTUS ... i Bo-4 will switch parties and pay you @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014):

http://cdn.styleforum.net/0/09/350x700px-LL-09a01a10_762195e1666497074ede151e0cbeb39738a411d96 7572cbbe24b90cf8db6011f.jpeg Cruz is the real-life Diet Koch of evil, but Dr. Evil called his son Scott that, so I guess he's financing Walker.