PDA

View Full Version : Europeans overwhelmingly against immigration: Poll

Mister D
08-24-2011, 09:46 AM
An international survey of 23 countries by Ipsos has found opposition to immigration in numerous countries across the world, with majorities often considering its effects to be negative and its scale excessive. European nations were typical of this trend.
Majorities in countries as diverse as Germany, South Africa, Russia, Turkey and the United States were found to consider immigration to have a "very or fairly negative impact".

Anti-immigration sentiment was particularly strong in Europe, with over 65% of Spaniards, Italians and British polled strongly or partly agreeing that "there are too many immigrants in our country".
http://www.euractiv.com/en/socialeurope/europeans-overwhelmingly-immigration-poll-news-507074]
http://www.euractiv.com/en/socialeurope/europeans-overwhelmingly-immigration-poll-news-507074 (http://[url)

Conley
08-24-2011, 09:52 AM
This doesn't surprise me at all...seems the elected governments in Europe at least are starting to mirror the people's wishes on this as well. Interesting stuff about Turkey and South Africa. It makes sense.

Mister D
08-24-2011, 10:03 AM
This doesn't surprise me at all...seems the elected governments in Europe at least are starting to mirror the people's wishes on this as well. Interesting stuff about Turkey and South Africa. It makes sense.

It is an odd result for Turkey being as there are many Turkish migrants in Germany and other parts of central Europe.

Yeah, the trend is down but I wonder how much of that is due to the slumping economies. On the other hand, anti-globalization and anti-immigration sentiment is nothing new. Our handlers better get the message before it blows up in there face.

Regarding globalization, G. Faye (a Frenmch writer I like) brought up a good point. We have been living in a globalized system since 1500. I'm not sure globalization is the correct term for what I've come to dislike (large scale migration etc.)

Conley
08-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Turkey has a lot of immigrants from the East though, don't they? So even though the Turks are spurned in Western Europe they do they same on their own home turf.

Mister D
08-24-2011, 11:22 AM
Turkey has a lot of immigrants from the East though, don't they? So even though the Turks are spurned in Western Europe they do they same on their own home turf.

Sounds like Mexico. They have a lot to say about the US but treat their immigrants like crap.

As per Wiki, Turkey has some refugees.

According to figures provided by Ankara office of the UN High Comissionner for Refugees, as of 2005 total of 32,832 people are recorded as having made a valid asylum application in Turkey since 1998. As of 2005, 3900 Iranians and 2200 Iraqis, 400 Somalians and 300 Afghans are still in the country, while an additional 1400 Chechens, who are in a "refugee-like situation", are deemed of concern.[1]

These numbers greatly increased in the following years especially in regards to Afghans and Iraqis. As of January 2010, 25, 580 refugees and asylum seekers remain in the country. Of these, 5090 Iranians, 8940 Iraqis, 3850 Afghans and 2700 "other" (including Somalians, Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, Chinese, Uzbeks, Palestinians and others) are still in the country.[4]

wingrider
08-25-2011, 12:38 AM
speaking of immigration

I understand that the cops pulled over a van in texas with 25 Americans in it trying to sneak across the border into mexico... I guess the economy is getting that bad.

wingrider
08-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Ray Stevens - Come to the USA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgOHOHKBEqE#ws)

this says it all

Conley
08-25-2011, 09:39 AM
:D :D :D

That's awesome...where did you find that video?

wingrider
08-25-2011, 06:44 PM
:D :D :D

That's awesome...where did you find that video?

go to you tube and type in Ray Stevens in the search bar, there are about 50 videos by him

Pendragon
08-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes it's all the fault of the Brown People!

The Republicans Leadership would rather you believe that then blame the true perpetrators -- themselves!

Mister D
08-25-2011, 06:50 PM

The Republicans Leadership would rather you believe that then blame the true perpetrators -- themselves!

What is the fault of the Brown people and why are you talking about Republicans?

wingrider
08-25-2011, 07:53 PM

this post is a classic example of why I respond to you the way I do.

Pendragon
08-25-2011, 07:57 PM

Illegal immigration has done no harm to this country.

Compare that to the War in Iraq.

Which do you think has had a bigger effect on the Federal Deficit?

Where was the Tea Party when George W. Bush was running up the bill?

wingrider
08-25-2011, 08:04 PM

Illegal immigration has done no harm to this country.

Compare that to the War in Iraq.

Which do you think has had a bigger effect on the Federal Deficit?

Where was the Tea Party when George W. Bush was running up the bill?

ok lets take this point by point.

1.Illegals cause no harm to the country
what a bunch of drivel look at the cost of education, welfare, medical housing etc,, this is why states like california are failing.

2. the war in iraq is the only valid point you make.. currently fighting wars on 4 fronts is costing america 20 billion a month.

3. congress spending beyond our means and supporting every damn freebie package that is brought up for vote and increasing funds for already existing welfare programs

the TEA party wasn't formed until after bush left office.. it basically started when Obama started pushing his Health care bill and an 800 billion dollar stimulus that helped no one but increase in government and bailing out wall street..

Pendragon
08-25-2011, 08:06 PM
The stimulus started with George W Bush, remember?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_Stimulus_Act_of_2008

Pendragon
08-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Bush added trillions to the deficit, but Obama trying to get poor and seniors health care was too much for those Tea Party citizens to handle!

wingrider
08-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Bush added trillions to the deficit, but Obama trying to get poor and seniors health care was too much for those Tea Party citizens to handle!

we have to rehash this again? why?

yes bush spent a little over 4 trillion in 8 years.. he is and was stupid.. fighting 2 wars the implementation of Homeland security was and is an affront to the bill of rights and the 4th and 5 amendments of the constitution.. so on that point you are correct..

Obama spent 4 trillion in 3 years in other words he doubled down on the debt, total economic stupidity, The health care bill was and is a fiasco it cuts 500 billion from medicare, gives illegals free healthcare ( did I say free?? nope taxpayers pay for it) 65 percent of americans are opposed to it and it was passed by a purely partisan democrat congress, remember what Pelosi said.. WE have to pass it to see whats in it.. in other words no one had even read this 2600 page disaster before they voted on it. Bush was behind TARP which was a bailout for the banks. the 800 billion stimulus that Obama passed was not bush.. The tea party started right after Bush passed the Tarp bill.

back on the health bill the 11th circuit court has found that the individual mandate and other parts of the bill are unconstitutional, the federal government does not have the authority to FORCE american citizens to purchase any product not even under the interstate commerce clause.

have a nice day.

Conley
08-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Excellent summary LoVE.

Conley
08-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Pen, this link's for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recovery_and_Reinvestment_Act_of_2009

O0

wingrider
08-26-2011, 01:46 AM
Pen, this link's for you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Recovery_and_Reinvestment_Act_of_2009

O0

nice conlette, good work, problem is pen won't read it because it conflicts with his preconcieved conception that its all bushes fault.