PDA

View Full Version : Obama's legal mentor in fight with Obama

Bob
04-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Harvard Lawyer Who Mentored Obama Now in Legal Fight to Prevent Him from ‘Burning the Constitution’
Renowned Harvard constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe is about to do battle with one of his prized former students: Barack Obama. Mr. Tribe will represent Peabody Energy, the nation’s largest coal company, in a lawsuit against Obama’s Clean Energy Act, which the famed lawyer believes is unconstitutional.
As reported by The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/07/us/laurence-tribe-fights-climate-case-against-star-pupil-from-harvard-president-obama.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=2), Tribe not only worked in the Justice Department during Obama’s first term, he argued in favor of ObamaCare and the President’s controversial executive order on de facto amnesty.
However, in the case of the administration’s attack on the coal industry, Mr. Tribe parts ways with Mr. Obama. At a House hearing in March, he likened Obama’s global warming policies to “burning the Constitution (http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IF/IF03/20150317/103073/HHRG-114-IF03-Wstate-TribeL-20150317-U1.pdf).”
In a precursor to his upcoming oral argument, Tribe wrote in a December op-ed in the Wall Street Journal (http://www.wsj.com/articles/laurence-tribe-the-epas-clean-power-plan-is-unconstitutional-1419293203):

As a law professor, I taught the nation’s first environmental law class 45 years ago. As a lawyer, I have supported countless environmental causes. And as a father and grandfather, I want to leave the Earth in better shape than when I arrived.
Nonetheless, I recently filed comments with the Environmental Protection Agency urging the agency to withdraw its Clean Power Plan, a regulatory proposal to reduce carbon emissions from the nation’s electric power plants.
In my view, coping with climate change is a vital end, but it does not justify using unconstitutional means.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/293179-harvard-lawyer-mentored-obama-legal-fight-prevent-burning-constitution/

Peter1469
04-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Tribe is correct. The regime is lawless and must be opposed.

Peter1469
04-11-2015, 11:43 AM
And make no mistake - Professor Tribe is as hard left as you can get.

He is just a rare hard left member that has integrity.

Bob
04-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Yes, Tribe no doubt shocked Obama but tough luck Obama.

I have new hope for Tribe.

del
04-11-2015, 08:00 PM

tribe has no integrity

he's as big a fraud as rand paul

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/1989/10/6/race-and-politics-mingle-in-day/

"I think those people believe that those minority students deserve better," says Janice Platner of the city's human rights commission, who also sat on the mayoral commission. "But I think they believed that they deserved better somewhere else."

Peter1469
04-11-2015, 08:08 PM
tribe has no integrity

LoL

You don't have the clout to disparage Tribe. That take someone who is important and recognized as such internationally.

Fail.

del
04-11-2015, 08:26 PM
LoL

You don't have the clout to disparage Tribe. That take someone who is important and recognized as such internationally.

Fail.

like you

texan
04-11-2015, 08:48 PM
like you

Del with another FAIL! Whats new Peter? He is in deep with Trueblue.

domer76
04-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Harvard Lawyer Who Mentored Obama Now in Legal Fight to Prevent Him from ‘Burning the Constitution’

Renowned Harvard constitutional scholar Laurence Tribe is about to do battle with one of his prized former students: Barack Obama. Mr. Tribe will represent Peabody Energy, the nation’s largest coal company, in a lawsuit against Obama’s Clean Energy Act, which the famed lawyer believes is unconstitutional.
As reported by The New York Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/07/us/laurence-tribe-fights-climate-case-against-star-pupil-from-harvard-president-obama.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=2), Tribe not only worked in the Justice Department during Obama’s first term, he argued in favor of ObamaCare and the President’s controversial executive order on de facto amnesty.
However, in the case of the administration’s attack on the coal industry, Mr. Tribe parts ways with Mr. Obama. At a House hearing in March, he likened Obama’s global warming policies to “burning the Constitution (http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IF/IF03/20150317/103073/HHRG-114-IF03-Wstate-TribeL-20150317-U1.pdf).”
In a precursor to his upcoming oral argument, Tribe wrote in a December op-ed in the Wall Street Journal (http://www.wsj.com/articles/laurence-tribe-the-epas-clean-power-plan-is-unconstitutional-1419293203):
As a law professor, I taught the nation’s first environmental law class 45 years ago. As a lawyer, I have supported countless environmental causes. And as a father and grandfather, I want to leave the Earth in better shape than when I arrived.
Nonetheless, I recently filed comments with the Environmental Protection Agency urging the agency to withdraw its Clean Power Plan, a regulatory proposal to reduce carbon emissions from the nation’s electric power plants.
In my view, coping with climate change is a vital end, but it does not justify using unconstitutional means.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/293179-harvard-lawyer-mentored-obama-legal-fight-prevent-burning-constitution/

Tell us the difference between this Act and the Clean Water Act or the Safe Drinking Water Act or the Clean Air Act. The EPA sets standards on every one of those, too, and expects states to meets those standards. Probably, the main difference is that there is no powerful lobby, paying big bucks to their mouthpiece lawyer, against safe drinking water standards.

hanger4
04-11-2015, 09:35 PM

Or coal futures.

Bob
04-11-2015, 09:49 PM
Tell us the difference between this Act and the Clean Water Act or the Safe Drinking Water Act or the Clean Air Act. The EPA sets standards on every one of those, too, and expects states to meets those standards. Probably, the main difference is that there is no powerful lobby, paying big bucks to their mouthpiece lawyer, against safe drinking water standards.

Peter1469
04-12-2015, 04:02 AM
like you

Wow. The hard left is eating its own! Funny.

Peter1469
04-12-2015, 04:05 AM
Del with another FAIL! Whats new Peter? He is in deep with Trueblue.

He has a bad habit of doing that. He jumped on a Howey bandwagon when Howey was drunk and inventing lies about me.

MisterVeritis
04-12-2015, 07:39 PM
Not one is Constitutional. Congress is supposed to make laws. The executive branch is supposed to enforce the laws. The judicial branch is supposed to decide cases and controversies. What the EPA does in blending those powers is tyranny. Congress needs to unmake the monsters it has created. We have nearly five hundred independent agencies who make the law, enforce the law and judge the law. It has to stop.

Professor Peabody
04-14-2015, 02:15 AM
tribe has no integrity

Domain Name: THECRIMSON.COM

Registrant Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0137106634
Registrant Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0137106634

http://www.whois.com/whois/thecrimson.com

Privacy registrant services HIDE who the real registrant is. Much like a person wearing a rubber mask. Now if a person comes to your door wanting to sell you something wearing a rubber mask, would you even open the door let alone buy anything? How about if you walked into a business and all the employees were wearing rubber masks to hide who they really are....would you buy anything from them? So why then would you believe anything from a website that's wearing the same rubber mask to hide their identity? Please tell us.

domer76
04-14-2015, 06:26 AM
Not one is Constitutional. Congress is supposed to make laws. The executive branch is supposed to enforce the laws. The judicial branch is supposed to decide cases and controversies. What the EPA does in blending those powers is tyranny. Congress needs to unmake the monsters it has created. We have nearly five hundred independent agencies who make the law, enforce the law and judge the law. It has to stop.
Congress makes laws and some of those laws give agencies the authority to make and enforce certain rules and standards. Get a little real here, Mr. Constitution. It is impossible for a Congress, especially one filled with such dumbasses, to even understand the science behind Safe Drinking Water standards. There is a rule-making process that all parties have time for review and input. It's long, involved and open.

You "tyranny" fanatics are some piece of work!

Kurmugeon
04-14-2015, 07:51 AM
==== It it looks like a Fascist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvP0ArKIGY

==== Acts like a Fascist:

==== Ignores the Law Like a Fascist:

==== Abuses Official Powers to Persecute Enemies List like a Fascist:

So.... Even if they are wearing a nice, warm, fuzzy, Progressive Sheeple skins.

Well.....

They are FASCISTS!

-

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 07:57 AM
Lunatic alert

Bob
04-14-2015, 11:13 AM
tribe has no integrity

You misspelled Hillary Clinton and it looks like Rand Paul, correct your mistake please

del
04-14-2015, 11:40 AM
Domain Name: THECRIMSON.COM

Registrant Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0137106634
Registrant Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0137106634

http://www.whois.com/whois/thecrimson.com

Privacy registrant services HIDE who the real registrant is. Much like a person wearing a rubber mask. Now if a person comes to your door wanting to sell you something wearing a rubber mask, would you even open the door let alone buy anything? How about if you walked into a business and all the employees were wearing rubber masks to hide who they really are....would you buy anything from them? So why then would you believe anything from a website that's wearing the same rubber mask to hide their identity? Please tell us.

the crimson is the student newspaper of harvard.

it was also widely reported at the time in what some like to refer to as the MSM

del
04-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Lunatic alert

how did you know bob was about to post?

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 11:42 AM
how did you know bob was about to post?

My magic underpants started tingling

Professor Peabody
04-14-2015, 03:40 PM
the crimson is the student newspaper of harvard.

it was also widely reported at the time in what some like to refer to as the MSM

So you let kiddies tell you what to think?? I have shoes in my closet older than most of them.

MisterVeritis
04-14-2015, 07:27 PM
"Not one is Constitutional. Congress is supposed to make laws. The executive branch is supposed to enforce the laws. The judicial branch is supposed to decide cases and controversies. What the EPA does in blending those powers is tyranny. Congress needs to unmake the monsters it has created. We have nearly five hundred independent agencies who make the law, enforce the law and judge the law. It has to stop."

Congress makes laws and some of those laws give agencies the authority to make and enforce certain rules and standards. Get a little real here, Mr. Constitution. It is impossible for a Congress, especially one filled with such dumbasses, to even understand the science behind Safe Drinking Water standards. There is a rule-making process that all parties have time for review and input. It's long, involved and open.

You "tyranny" fanatics are some piece of work!
Then we are doomed. An elected tyranny is still tyranny. Some, like you don't really care for consent of the governed. This will end in slavery or in bloodshed. It can end no other way.

It remains unconstitutional even as the tyrants continue to give powers that are not theirs to give to agencies who have no constitutional right to wield those powers. If it is too late, if we are not able to reign in the Congress and the presidency through an article V convention of states then the experiment in self government has failed and it is over.

The framers were right that once the people became corrupt then we would get the government the people wanted. You make the case that the people are too corrupt now to govern themselves.

del
04-14-2015, 07:50 PM
So you let kiddies tell you what to think?? I have shoes in my closet older than most of them.

i don't let anyone tell me what to think, but a hypocrite is a hypocrite, no matter who brings you the news.

please, don't let me interrupt your fail seminar, continue

Peter1469
04-14-2015, 08:04 PM
An interesting point about the story- and whether it was in the OP or another article, many on the left said that Tribe has a duty not to take such as case for the "right," regardless of the money.

Tribe has made it clear the issue that concerns him is the illegality of the President's executive orders in this instance (i.e. the way that he is using them).

Blackrook
04-14-2015, 08:59 PM
Lawrence Tribe is an attorney before he is a law professor. His conversion to common sense on climate change came at a steep price tag for his clients. He has not really shifted his opinion, he is merely a paid advocate for his client's position.

Professor Peabody
04-14-2015, 10:38 PM
i don't let anyone tell me what to think, but a hypocrite is a hypocrite, no matter who brings you the news.

The truth hurt?

domer76
04-14-2015, 10:45 PM
"Not one is Constitutional. Congress is supposed to make laws. The executive branch is supposed to enforce the laws. The judicial branch is supposed to decide cases and controversies. What the EPA does in blending those powers is tyranny. Congress needs to unmake the monsters it has created. We have nearly five hundred independent agencies who make the law, enforce the law and judge the law. It has to stop."

Then we are doomed. An elected tyranny is still tyranny. Some, like you don't really care for consent of the governed. This will end in slavery or in bloodshed. It can end no other way.

It remains unconstitutional even as the tyrants continue to give powers that are not theirs to give to agencies who have no constitutional right to wield those powers. If it is too late, if we are not able to reign in the Congress and the presidency through an article V convention of states then the experiment in self government has failed and it is over.

The framers were right that once the people became corrupt then we would get the government the people wanted. You make the case that the people are too corrupt now to govern themselves.

"This will end in slavery or in bloodshed. It can end no other way."???

Jesus Christ, man, get a fucking grip! I realize you frenetics have enlarged amygdalas and, by-and-large can't help yourselves, but try to get out of fuckin' la la land!

Redrose
04-14-2015, 10:45 PM

Obama became a Constitutional lawyer/scholar for the sole purpose of dissecting it, not preserving it.

domer76
04-14-2015, 10:47 PM
Obama became a Constitutional lawyer/scholar for the sole purpose of dissecting it, not preserving it.

More barf

Redrose
04-14-2015, 10:52 PM
More barf

Oh, so you think he is "preserving and defending" the Constitution as his oath requires?

domer76
04-14-2015, 11:06 PM
Oh, so you think he is "preserving and defending" the Constitution as his oath requires?

I think your comment that Obama's "sole purpose" for becoming a lawyer was to dissect the Constitution is laughable bullshit. Vomitus

Redrose
04-14-2015, 11:34 PM
I think your comment that Obama's "sole purpose" for becoming a lawyer was to dissect the Constitution is laughable bullshit. Vomitus

I didn't say that. I said a "Constitutional lawyer". Obama is ideologue, a philosophical teacher, who cannot separate himself from his personal agenda to lead our country as his oath of office mandates.

He was mentored and raised by people who hated the US and our Constitution. His early writings in college and post college are clearly critical of the Constitution, and his choice of that legal speciality was most likely chosen for the purpose I stated earlier. You cannot destroy it unless you know it inside out.

He most definately is not supporting or protecting it.

It's sad you find that laughable. Hyperemesis gravidarum.

domer76
04-14-2015, 11:56 PM
I didn't say that. I said a "Constitutional lawyer". Obama is ideologue, a philosophical teacher, who cannot separate himself from his personal agenda to lead our country as his oath of office mandates.

He was mentored and raised by people who hated the US and our Constitution. His early writings in college and post college are clearly critical of the Constitution, and his choice of that legal speciality was most likely chosen for the purpose I stated earlier. You cannot destroy it unless you know it inside out.

He most definately is not supporting or protecting it.

It's sad you find that laughable. Hyperemesis gravidarum.

10,000 kinds of conspiratorial bullshit. That is what is laughable. Pitiable, too

Redrose
04-15-2015, 12:36 AM
10,000 kinds of conspiratorial bullshit. That is what is laughable. Pitiable, too

When his supporters have no defense they say "conspiracy".

If that helps you sleep better at night, who am I to bust your bubble. Sleep tight.

domer76
04-15-2015, 06:33 AM
When his supporters have no defense they say "conspiracy".

If that helps you sleep better at night, who am I to bust your bubble. Sleep tight.
Yeah, he went to law school simply with the intent to singularly dismantle the Constitution

zelmo1234
04-15-2015, 06:41 AM

One would have to have the ability to think, so you have no worries

MisterVeritis
04-15-2015, 07:46 AM
"This will end in slavery or in bloodshed. It can end no other way."???

Jesus Christ, man, get a $#@!ing grip! I realize you frenetics have enlarged amygdalas and, by-and-large can't help yourselves, but try to get out of $#@!in' la la land!
Which do you prefer? I suppose you prefer that the Republic end in slavery. That is the trend line today. Every year we have less freedoms.

But a future generation may rebel as they realize what the federal government has done to them. My prediction is two to three generations in slavery followed by a bloody rebellion.

Bob
04-15-2015, 10:41 AM
An interesting point about the story- and whether it was in the OP or another article, many on the left said that Tribe has a duty not to take such as case for the "right," regardless of the money.

Tribe has made it clear the issue that concerns him is the illegality of the President's executive orders in this instance (i.e. the way that he is using them).

Obama was against his acts before he was for his acts.

Sort of like Kerry.

Bob
04-15-2015, 10:50 AM
Which do you prefer? I suppose you prefer that the Republic end in slavery. That is the trend line today. Every year we have less freedoms.

But a future generation may rebel as they realize what the federal government has done to them. My prediction is two to three generations in slavery followed by a bloody rebellion.

My experience in Germany and East Germany in 62-4 has proven extremely valuable to me. I saw Communism in action in East Berlin. Folks, it is ugly. I got engaged to a 22 year old woman and chatted with her parents. I almost scolded them for not overthrowing the Soviets. I did not put it that way. I gently asked them how they stood the oppression of Communism. They said they had been oppressed by Hitler and the way Communism was imposed was in steps by steps. Most here think the Soviets confiscated homes and busienss all over East Germany. I was told it did not work that way. That the Soviets did it in bits and pieces. This is why my then fiancees parents left to begin with. They learned that in the near future, the home and business they owned and operated would become state property.

Anyway, the fools that can't see the progress here (they even call communism the cute name progressive) fashioned for the USA as good. Some wonder why I fight Democrats and get upset I pick on Democrats.

They are facilitators. They are making this happen.

I know, I am a nut. But the guy in East Germany at first trusted communism too. Then at the risk of his life and his wife and daughter, they fled. He said he did not fight because they were not pointing guns at him. He was the town mayor so he saw it hitting people he knew and he found out he was next.

We have no place to flee.

Bob
04-15-2015, 10:58 AM
I fight health care partly because this is one more step costing freedom.

Some of you are so blind to this you are not even aware of what is being done to you.

I show you video of what trillions of 100 dollar bills looks like. This ought to shake you up that these bozos in DC are playing with tons of money. And you think because they take most from the rich, it has nothing to do with you. Some of you think you pay income taxes. If you don't pay a hundred thousand dollars in income taxes, you are not trying.

Anyway, all Communism amounts to is socialism. And this country has a case of creeping socialism.

Read America's 30 year war and you may catch on.

http://www.amazon.com/Americas-Thirty-Years-War-Winning/dp/0895263548/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429113420&sr=8-1&keywords=america%27s+30+year+war

del
04-15-2015, 11:03 AM
One would have to have the ability to think, so you have no worries

coming from a nobel candidate like you, this doesn't have the sting you may have expected.

better luck next time

domer76
04-15-2015, 01:33 PM

Thanks for the humor, Nostradamus!

domer76
04-15-2015, 01:35 PM
My experience in Germany and East Germany in 62-4 has proven extremely valuable to me. I saw Communism in action in East Berlin. Folks, it is ugly. I got engaged to a 22 year old woman and chatted with her parents. I almost scolded them for not overthrowing the Soviets. I did not put it that way. I gently asked them how they stood the oppression of Communism. They said they had been oppressed by Hitler and the way Communism was imposed was in steps by steps. Most here think the Soviets confiscated homes and busienss all over East Germany. I was told it did not work that way. That the Soviets did it in bits and pieces. This is why my then fiancees parents left to begin with. They learned that in the near future, the home and business they owned and operated would become state property.

Anyway, the fools that can't see the progress here (they even call communism the cute name progressive) fashioned for the USA as good. Some wonder why I fight Democrats and get upset I pick on Democrats.

They are facilitators. They are making this happen.

I know, I am a nut. But the guy in East Germany at first trusted communism too. Then at the risk of his life and his wife and daughter, they fled. He said he did not fight because they were not pointing guns at him. He was the town mayor so he saw it hitting people he knew and he found out he was next.

We have no place to flee.
In that entire bunch of gibberish, you are correct on one thing. You ARE nuts.

MisterVeritis
04-15-2015, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the humor, Nostradamus!
Regretfully many of my predictions have been borne out. I have a knack for seeing what the stupid, the ignorant, and the blind, are unable to see.

domer76
04-15-2015, 10:33 PM
Regretfully many of my predictions have been borne out. I have a knack for seeing what the stupid, the ignorant, and the blind, are unable to see.

Sure they have. Unlike mine, which have ALL proven correct. Including my prediction that will will continue to be FOS.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Sure they have. Unlike mine, which have ALL proven correct. Including my prediction that will will continue to be FOS.
This made no sense. Like your predictions perhaps?

This nation is murdering itself. We are not committing suicide. We, Americans, are being murdered by the members of both political parties. And the stupidest among us revel in it.

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 06:15 PM
This made no sense. Like your predictions perhaps?

This nation is murdering itself. We are not committing suicide. We, Americans, are being murdered by the members of both political parties. And the stupidest among us revel in it.

A large percentage of the voters are sheep.