PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton, coin-operated policymaker

Professor Peabody
04-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Hillary Clinton, coin-operated policymaker

By Timothy P. Carney | February 26, 2015 | 5:00 pm

The latest tales of State Department ethics violations, foreign money, and special access would be surprising if they were about anyone but Hillary Clinton.

Throughout her political career Clinton has always blended cash and policy. She’s not merely corporatist by disposition, like, say Tim Geithner or Lindsey Graham. She’s not simply sloppy on ethics, like Bob McDonnell or John Kitzhaber.

Hillary is blatantly transactional in her fundraising and policymaking. And she wants to be president.

Johnny Chung, a Taiwan-born businessman donated $366,000 to Bill Clinton's 1996 re-election, and in return got to visit the White House more than 40 times. He described aptly how things work with the Clintons: "The White House is like a subway: You have to put in coins to open the gates."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/hillary-clinton-coin-operated-policymaker/article/2560779

Nothing surprises me about the Clinton's anymore.

Democratic Fund-Raiser Johnny Chung Agrees to Plead Guilty

By Pierre Thomas/CNN chung

WASHINGTON (March 5) -- Democratic fund-raiser Johnny Chung has agreed to plead guilty to election law violations and cooperate in the ongoing Justice Department investigation into illegal campaign fund-raising in the 1996 elections.

Chung became a major figure in the Democratic fund-raising scandal when it was learned he made almost 50 visits to the White House. During one visit, Chung gave first lady Hillary Rodham Clinton's then-chief of staff, Maggie Williams, a $50,000 check for the Democratic National Committee (DNC). The check was delivered inside the White House.

Two days later Chung was able to bring a group of Chinese businessmen to watch President Bill Clinton deliver a radio address in the Oval Office. They then had their picture taken with the president.

http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/03/05/chung.pleads/

Nice friends Hillary and Bill have. That's one thing I do have to say about Janet Reno she was nowhere near as partisan as the puppet we have right now. I guess it remains to be seen if Lynch will be fair, unbiased and go after Government corruption OR will she be Holder in a brassier and skirt. Only time will tell.

PolWatch
04-12-2015, 02:38 PM
What's this...4 or 5 threads bashing Hillary? Where is the outrage of the people who were upset over the Walker or Cruz bashing threads?

Professor Peabody
04-12-2015, 02:43 PM
What's this...4 or 5 threads bashing Hillary? Where is the outrage of the people who were upset over the Walker or Cruz bashing threads? We support those two, bashing them is someone elses job. Sorry. Try to understand the Clinton landscape is such a target rich environment.

PolWatch
04-12-2015, 02:46 PM
today's posts prove that mud slinging is truly bi-partisan.

Professor Peabody
04-12-2015, 02:48 PM
today's posts prove that mud slinging is truly bi-partisan.

I don't think it ever wasn't, do you?