PDA

View Full Version : POLL: New Forum Rules Suggestion

TrueBlue
04-13-2015, 11:10 PM
New Forum Rules Suggestion

Greetings to everyone!

Since there have been some serious disagreements in this forum I am proposing that we add a new item to the existing rules.

Basically, it would be a rule to stop all of the bad comments, language, talk, etc. about one another when posting or replying to a posting in this forum.

There are some members who have been slighted and to an even greater degree hurt. Some have even left recently due to this pervasive activity.

Therefore, I feel new action has to be taken whereby there would be:

No Bad Language used. Other than words that are commonly allowed on tv and radio.

The following are already on the Forum Rules to some degree but bear repeating and would be strictly enforced.

No Attacking others due to a difference in opinion.

No Following others around a thread or different threads with the intent to harass or intimidate them.

No Posting of pictures or memes designed to insult another member or their political party.

As a member I would like everyone's cooperation on this as it will help not just one political party but every person and their ideas and beliefs and all political parties as well. There should be a new atmosphere of harmony and understanding from one another and the exercise of civility should ensue.

If these new rules are accepted the mods would be required to uphold them and take immediate action whenever an infraction occurs. After Two (2) infractions a member would be automatically placed on probation for Sixty (60) days. A third infraction would result in an immediate and automatic permanent ban from The Political Forums.

In sum, these new rules are needed as a means to deter further and future attempts to attack any member of this forum for whatever reason.

Thank you for voting in favor of this new proposal. It should help to eliminate the on-going problems in this forum between members.

Of course, it is not required for you to vote in favor of this new change but it would be obvious that voting against this proposal would mean that you are, in effect, in favor of the continued harassment of members as well as the continuation of deliberately disobeying existing forum rules and in general being unruly which would have a deleterious effect in not solving the on-going problems.

Refraining from a vote altogether would be the equivalent of preferring the status quo with the great possibility that there would be more infighting, disharmony, and the continued harassment of members.

Ravens Fan
04-13-2015, 11:33 PM
Point of order: The VIP's (which includes moderators) are the ones who propose and vote on new rules. You would do best to work that route.

GrassrootsConservative
04-13-2015, 11:39 PM
Basically, it would be a rule to stop all of the bad comments, language, talk, etc. about one another when posting or replying to a posting in this forum.

Why do you think people get warnings/notifications/threadbans when they do this?

Because it's against the rules.

TrueBlue
04-13-2015, 11:42 PM
Point of order: The VIP's (which includes moderators) are the ones who propose and vote on new rules. You would do best to work that route.
I understand that and a mod already knows of this. However, this is a rules (suggestion) for further consideration aimed at feeling the general pulse of the members. And of course, Mods or VIPs should not be opposed to this poll as it, in effect, would help them much to gain further control over a many times unruly forum should the new changes become incorporated. I also know any additions to the rules may well require the @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) to fully approve any changes. But the process should nevertheless be a democratic one such as to at least allow for a suggestion by a member.

TrueBlue
04-13-2015, 11:58 PM
Why do you think people get warnings/notifications/threadbans when they do this?

Because it's against the rules.
Yet bad language has become very pervasive and uncontrollable. This new rules change would put a bridle on that so that people could come here and post or read posts without having to be offended by the language used in an exchange.

And you have to also realize that there are many visitors to this forum who are not members but who merely come to read the postings and since so many other forums disallow bad language or attacks on members to be made this would help quell their fears that this is yet "another one of those unruly forums."

But of course, if you oppose this suggestion you are free to simply vote No and retain the status quo with continued bad language and infighting.

And my suggestion would carry the penalties for such actions a bit farther such as to place a person on probation after two infractions. The third automatically would get them permanently banned, something I feel the mods would have no problem enforcing.

del
04-14-2015, 12:08 AM
uh, no

Common
04-14-2015, 01:13 AM
I voted no, I think the rules we have are sufficient to cover any aggregious behavior. If you feel your being targeted or trolled by another member, which I acknowledge has happened. Use the ignore feature, it works well and solves the problem. Or report the person direct to a mod of your choice. If its a mod you feel is trolling or abusing you, then I would Pm Adelaide who I believe does mod complaints, unless thats changed.
This is a political forum which in itself is contentious, we cant be so thin skinned that were going to be offended over everything said. There are tools in place to avoid confrontations with members you have a lets say, less than stellar relationship with.
Most everyone has a favorite member here that they would love to kick in the crotch. Either put them on ignore, or dazzle them with verbage till its easier for them to leave you alone then go after you.

sachem
04-14-2015, 01:30 AM

Greetings to everyone!

Since there have been some serious disagreements in this forum I am proposing that we add a new item to the existing rules.

There are some members who have been slighted and to an even greater degree hurt. Some have even left recently due to this pervasive activity.

No Bad Language used. Other than words that are commonly allowed on tv and radio.

The following are already on the Forum Rules to some degree but bear repeating and would be strictly enforced.

No Following others around a thread or different threads with the intent to harass or intimidate them.

No Posting of pictures or memes designed to insult another member or their political party.

As a member I would like everyone's cooperation on this as it will help not just one political party but every person and their ideas and beliefs and all political parties as well. There should be a new atmosphere of harmony and understanding from one another and the exercise of civility should ensue.

If these new rules are accepted the mods would be required to uphold them and take immediate action whenever an infraction occurs. After Two (2) infractions a member would be automatically placed on probation for Sixty (60) days. A third infraction would result in an immediate and automatic permanent ban from The Political Forums.

In sum, these new rules are needed as a means to deter further and future attempts to attack any member of this forum for whatever reason.

Thank you for voting in favor of this new proposal. It should help to eliminate the on-going problems in this forum between members.

Of course, it is not required for you to vote in favor of this new change but it would be obvious that voting against this proposal would mean that you are, in effect, in favor of the continued harassment of members as well as the continuation of deliberately disobeying existing forum rules and in general being unruly which would have a deleterious effect in not solving the on-going problems.

Refraining from a vote altogether would be the equivalent of preferring the status quo with the great possibility that there would be more infighting, disharmony, and the continued harassment of members.Friends of yours leave?

Ignore is a lovely feature. Just a click away.

Hell, we already have a feature that blocks dirty words. Are we going to become a Sunday school ?

Cigar
04-14-2015, 07:03 AM
I say NO MORE RULES ... let's just have it out once and for all, and may the best Man or Woman standing Wins :grin:

http://cdn.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/How-to-Write-a-Knockout-Headline.png

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 07:09 AM
The rules are already there, they are just somewhat unevenly enforced, largely I think because the mods don't cruise looking for infractions. They watch for complaints.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 07:19 AM
I would be outta here faster than a 50yr old black dude in a simple traffic stop.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 07:21 AM
The rules are already there, they are just somewhat unevenly enforced, largely I think because the mods don't cruise looking for infractions. They watch for complaints.

That works out well by design since people who's egos aren't crushed by any little thing posted and don't report every other post don't have to clutter the mods to-do list up with frivolous reports.

Cigar
04-14-2015, 07:22 AM
I would be outta here faster than a 50yr old black dude in a simple traffic stop.

http://www.keo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/white-man.png

zelmo1234
04-14-2015, 07:39 AM
I am opposed to any rules that would restrict the 1st amendment rights of the people on the forum.

But I am not surprised that a liberal that is already seeking to remove the first amendment right of freedom of religions would go after speech next!

This is a teachable moment for those that believe liberals have tolerance for anyone that does not believe and act like they do.

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 10:05 AM
I am opposed to any rules that would restrict the 1st amendment rights of the people on the forum.

But I am not surprised that a liberal that is already seeking to remove the first amendment right of freedom of religions would go after speech next!

This is a teachable moment for those that believe liberals have tolerance for anyone that does not believe and act like they do.
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002741783/737741943_epic_fail_answer_9_xlarge.jpeg

Moderating a private forum has nothing to do with the first amendment.

Polecat
04-14-2015, 10:35 AM
Some people want to dish it out and then be protected from the consequences. If you want to be a drama queen then be ready to eat some drama.

del
04-14-2015, 10:39 AM

there are no first amendment rights here

read a book

Venus
04-14-2015, 10:41 AM

Good grief.

Don
04-14-2015, 01:20 PM
It doesn't matter how many rules or new layers of rules you have. Some folks will never be happy. Some folks never want to be happy. That's not why those folks come to internet chat forums.

I tried to start a forum once with the following basic rules. It never got off the ground. The real reason is in the highlighted part.

Do not post personal information of any member
No Jihads, We will not tolerate members using this board as a vehicle to make personal attacks on other members they do not like. Leave your wars and trolls on your old boards
We won't intervene if a topic gets heated and tempers flare a bit but that only applies if you are actively participating on the thread. If your only contribution to the thread is to make a personal attack against a member or to attack the source of their topic then we will consider that a sort of jihad. In fact, keep the personal attacks away from here. No games. We can tell if your participation is only a ruse to have an excuse to attack a member you don't like. Take your crap to one of the troublemaker boards
When you post a topic or a link or paste an article be prepared to actually discuss it. Don't stink the place up with spam
The purpose of this forum or this board for that matter is for folks to have a place where they can comfortably talk and debate any range of subjects, that's what I mean "not for the skin thinned." If all you want is daily posting of Democrat or Republican talking points or the pasting of stupid political cartoons then this board is not for you. If you are nasty and hateful then this board is not for you. If you are the type who wants to over analyze and pick apart or dissect the rules/guidelines then this board is not for you. Adults KNOW what the rules/guidelines mean, troublemakers never will. I'm not interested in high post count here, just quality posting.

PattyHill
04-14-2015, 01:38 PM
There's a pretty simple rule we could put in place: "Don't be a dick." That may already be in the rules; not sure. But it covers it.

edit: just re-read the rules. Yep, they pretty much cover "don't be a dick".

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 01:40 PM
There's a pretty simple rule we could put in place: "Don't be a dick." That may already be in the rules; not sure. But it covers it.

There's a broad "good faith posting" rule that kinda covers that topic.

PattyHill
04-14-2015, 01:41 PM
There's a broad "good faith posting" rule that kinda covers that topic.

I agree.

And I apologize to the men on this forum for using the word "dick" in a pejorative fashion. Would have been better to say "don't be an asshole" since we all have those.

(that was the "a" word, since it got blocked out)

Common Sense
04-14-2015, 01:43 PM
I like to be able to say shit, say fuck off, eat a bag of dicks, go fuck yourself you shit eating dickwad, etc...but that's just me.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 01:43 PM
I agree.

And I apologize to the men on this forum for using the word "dick" in a pejorative fashion. Would have been better to say "don't be an asshole" since we all have those.

Don't sweat it, guys aren't as uptight as you gals are.

:poke:

Mister D
04-14-2015, 01:44 PM
That uh...looks like a resounding nay, TrueBlue.

Chris
04-14-2015, 02:02 PM

Agree.

TrueBlue, present this to a VIP who can then take it up among VIPs.

Moreover, all your rules are existing rules so what you're asking for is strict application of existing rules. We can tighten up or loosen up as need be but in the end what violates rules is a subjective valuation by mods as a team guided by rules that are made by the VIPs.

The Sage of Main Street
04-14-2015, 02:04 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002741783/737741943_epic_fail_answer_9_xlarge.jpeg

Moderating a private forum has nothing to do with the first amendment. That's what happens when we think our rights come from a piece of paper. It makes us believe that we only are allowed the right to protect ourselves from government power and every other kind of power freak can walk all over us.

Polecat
04-14-2015, 02:12 PM

edit: just re-read the rules. Yep, they pretty much cover "don't be a dick".
Not a realistic parameter. We all will violate this rule at some point.

Polecat
04-14-2015, 02:16 PM

Particularly those nasty Canadians.

TrueBlue
04-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Agree.

TrueBlue, present this to a VIP who can then take it up among VIPs.

Moreover, all your rules are existing rules so what you're asking for is strict application of existing rules. We can tighten up or loosen up as need be but in the end what violates rules is a subjective valuation by mods as a team guided by rules that are made by the VIPs.
This is proving to be a good exercise inasmuch as the way it is currently going those in opposition are saying that they much prefer the infighting and bad language to continue which is unfortunate. There are some who have preferred to have the place cleaned up from that sort of stuff and I hope you and others don't take the few voters who are in opposition to this proposal to mean that that is the way it should go. They are just a few out of the hundreds of members or more who have not yet voiced their opinion. The most vocal ones, of course, would always be the first.

I do agree that "subjective valuation by mods" does not allow for cooler heads to prevail. That really needs to change and I and another very influential person here are now actively working on that for the overall good of the forum.

del
04-14-2015, 02:17 PM
This is proving to be a good exercise inasmuch as the way it is currently going those in opposition are saying that they much prefer the infighting and bad language to continue which is unfortunate. There are some who have preferred to have the place cleaned up from that sort of stuff and I hope you and others don't take the few voters who are in opposition to this proposal to mean that that is the way it should go. They are just a few out of the hundreds of members or more who have not yet voiced their opinion. The most vocal ones, of course, would always be the first.

I do agree that "subjective valuation by mods" does not allow for cooler heads to prevail. That really needs to change and I and another very influential person here are now actively working on that for the overall good of the forum.

uhh, it's 11-1 against

PolWatch
04-14-2015, 02:19 PM
Particularly those nasty Canadians.

we all know they will be punished by not making it to Cleveland after they die....punishment is slow but sure!

Polecat
04-14-2015, 02:19 PM

Do you rearrange the furniture at a house you are a guest in?

TrueBlue
04-14-2015, 02:20 PM
uhh, it's 11-1 against
But in the end it could turn out to be a David vs. Goliath type situation in many other ways than just a rule change.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 02:20 PM

I'd say absolutely.

Common Sense
04-14-2015, 02:22 PM
But in the end it could turn out to be a David vs. Goliath type situation in many other ways than just a rule change.

I see where you are coming from, but this forum is the way it is. I think the best advice is to ignore those that violate your standards and only engage those you wish to engage.

In other words, fuck the bastards. ;)

TrueBlue
04-14-2015, 02:23 PM
If I see that the people are sloppy and careless about doing it themselves then I go to the head of the household and make a few suggestions for change, yes.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 02:24 PM
If I see that the people are sloppy and careless about doing it themselves then I go to the head of the household and make a few suggestions for change, yes.
Polecat - called it!

TrueBlue
04-14-2015, 02:26 PM
I see where you are coming from, but this forum is the way it is. I think the best advice is to ignore those that violate your standards and only engage those you wish to engage.

In other words, fuck the bastards. ;)
Thank you for your opinion on this matter. And yes, I currently have one person on Permanent Ignore status. Others may follow.

Chris
04-14-2015, 02:26 PM
uhh, it's 11-1 against

http://i.snag.gy/PcwFJ.jpg

PattyHill
04-14-2015, 02:31 PM

True. but at least if we try not to be one, it won't be too often.

Common Sense
04-14-2015, 02:34 PM
Do or do not. There is no try.

Mister D
04-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Some of us need to lighten the fuck up too.

Venus
04-14-2015, 02:45 PM

Are you trying to punk us or do you believe the shit you post?

The Sage of Main Street
04-14-2015, 02:49 PM
Yet bad language has become very pervasive and uncontrollable. This new rules change would put a bridle on that so that people could come here and post or read posts without having to be offended by the language used in an exchange.

And you have to also realize that there are many visitors to this forum who are not members but who merely come to read the postings and since so many other forums disallow bad language or attacks on members to be made this would help quell their fears that this is yet "another one of those unruly forums."

But of course, if you oppose this suggestion you are free to simply vote No and retain the status quo with continued bad language and infighting.

And my suggestion would carry the penalties for such actions a bit farther such as to place a person on probation after two infractions. The third automatically would get them permanently banned, something I feel the mods would have no problem enforcing.

We don't need no Netiquette Nannies,
We don't need no thought control.

Hey!
Web Wizard!
Whiz on the other side of the wall.

All in all, you're just another
Brick through our ​Window.

Polecat
04-14-2015, 03:03 PM

WoW! OK. You are who you are. Please understand, most of us are deeply offended by this type of personality. I imagine you are too. I mean, if I was to come visit you and politely urged you to arrange your furniture the proper - way would you not be offended?

Polecat
04-14-2015, 03:05 PM
True. but at least if we try not to be one, it won't be too often.

I try. But it comes so naturally.

Cthulhu
04-14-2015, 03:05 PM
Not gonna lie, I totally laughed. Like really, really hard.

Sent from my evil, kitten eating cell phone.

Cthulhu
04-14-2015, 03:08 PM
I agree.

And I apologize to the men on this forum for using the word "dick" in a pejorative fashion. Would have been better to say "don't be an $#@!" since we all have those.

(that was the "a" word, since it got blocked out)
Real men don't care. The ones that do deserve to have their feelings hurt. And laughed at repeatedly.

gamewell45
04-14-2015, 03:09 PM
I voted yes since I hate seeing anyone out there alone. I also feel that while trueblue's intentions are genuine and honorable, it would be very tough on implementing rules which, in some cases, may be considered a draconian measure by many standards. You cannot force people to be nice or civil unless they want to act in that fashion. That's why we have the ignore function here and it does work very well.

What I would suggest, is that all of us make an attempt to be a touch more civil with each other; after all if we want to have worthy rational discourse among ourselves and discuss opposing viewpoints, I'm sure that most in here regardless of political persuasion will agree that refraining personal attacks and vulgar language will enhance the mission statement of this political website.

Just my opinion folks.

Polecat
04-14-2015, 03:12 PM
I voted yes since I hate seeing anyone out there alone. I also feel that while trueblue's intentions are genuine and honorable, it would be very tough on implementing rules which, in some cases, may be considered a draconian measure by many standards. You cannot force people to be nice or civil unless they want to act in that fashion. That's why we have the ignore function here and it does work very well.

What I would suggest, is that all of us make an attempt to be a touch more civil with each other; after all if we want to have worthy rational discourse among ourselves and discuss opposing viewpoints, I'm sure that most in here regardless of political persuasion will agree that refraining personal attacks and vulgar language will enhance the mission statement of this political website.

Just my opinion folks.

Bless your heart.

GrassrootsConservative
04-14-2015, 03:13 PM
http://www.keo.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/white-man.png

Nor do we have to. :biglaugh:

TrueBlue
04-14-2015, 03:45 PM
WoW! OK. You are who you are. Please understand, most of us are deeply offended by this type of personality. I imagine you are too. I mean, if I was to come visit you and politely urged you to arrange your furniture the proper - way would you not be offended?
If I saw it needed some serious rearranging that bad I'd be mighty embarrassed but not offended.

Polecat
04-14-2015, 03:54 PM
If I saw it needed some serious rearranging that bad I'd be mighty embarrassed but not offended.

You know, I was thinking that as I clicked the post button. Then I would feel like a heel for hurting your feelings. Its a vicious circle.

Chris
04-14-2015, 03:56 PM

Hate to say it and I'm putting you down but that pretty much defines the modern progressive attitude. You think my house needs cleaning so you appeal to authority to make me clean it. You see what you perceive as a wrong and try to force your solution on me. As you can see, even with some not so libertarian members, both conservative and liberal alike, people don't really like that when it affects them.

silvereyes
04-14-2015, 03:57 PM
I wish someone would come re-arrange my furniture. I'm too tired to do it. ;)

As for this: sorry, TB. No.

Archer0915
04-14-2015, 04:08 PM

Greetings to everyone!

Refraining from a vote altogether would be the equivalent of preferring the status quo with the great possibility that there would be more infighting, disharmony, and the continued harassment of members.

How about one rule that is already here! Hit the freaking report BUTTON!

silvereyes
04-14-2015, 04:14 PM
Hey, arch! Where ya been?

PattyHill
04-14-2015, 04:57 PM
I wish someone would come re-arrange my furniture. I'm too tired to do it. ;)

Oh heck yes! please do!

Reminds me of a story my parents tell... they went to the house of friends of theirs... friends weren't home, but they left the door unlocked (this is in a city, so unexpected). Parents went in and rearranged everything - not for the better, is my impression. Apparently the friends were really really pissed, so my parents never admitted it was them...

I'm in a rural area, haven't locked my doors in years. What's the point? someone could break out a window and no one would hear it. This way, maybe I save on windows...

sorry, that was off-topic yet again...

Archer0915
04-14-2015, 05:32 PM
Hey, arch! Where ya been?
Busy! Really Busy.

Polecat
04-14-2015, 06:17 PM
Oh heck yes! please do!

Reminds me of a story my parents tell... they went to the house of friends of theirs... friends weren't home, but they left the door unlocked (this is in a city, so unexpected). Parents went in and rearranged everything - not for the better, is my impression. Apparently the friends were really really pissed, so my parents never admitted it was them...

I'm in a rural area, haven't locked my doors in years. What's the point? someone could break out a window and no one would hear it. This way, maybe I save on windows...

sorry, that was off-topic yet again...

My furniture story ended badly. Me and a buddy went to visit a friend that lived in an old school house out in the sticks. We drove all the way out there and she was not home. So we took every stitch of furniture she had and hid it all in a corner of the last room from the door. We drove back to Dayton chuckling to ourselves over the imagined shock Julie would get upon returning home. She came home and never made it to where her stuff was stashed. After checking the first two rooms she assumed the landlord had evicted her and tossed her stuff. She drove over to his place and went full retard on him. He had to call the police on her. What a mess. I took a long time before we could safely approach her again.

PolWatch
04-14-2015, 06:21 PM
things like that cure fellas of the practical joke habit...

Matty
04-14-2015, 08:35 PM
Thank you for your opinion on this matter. And yes, I currently have one person on Permanent Ignore status. Others may follow.

who are the lucky bastards? :rollseyes:

zelmo1234
04-14-2015, 08:43 PM
there are no first amendment rights here

read a book

Then we should definitely change the name From The Political Forums to The liberal circle jerk with gay sprinkles.

del
04-14-2015, 09:06 PM
Then we should definitely change the name From The Political Forums to The liberal circle jerk with gay sprinkles.

i forgot what a whiny fuck you are

almost

zelmo1234
04-14-2015, 09:13 PM
i forgot what a whiny $#@! you are

almost

Yes I am the one that said to cowboy up and respect the first amendment, and The OP and yourself are supporting the silencing of people so your feelings are not hurt, and now I am the whiney one? Really :)

del
04-14-2015, 09:21 PM
Yes I am the one that said to cowboy up and respect the first amendment, and The OP and yourself are supporting the silencing of people so your feelings are not hurt, and now I am the whiney one? Really :)

after reading what you just posted, you're the stupid one. really

you have no, zero, zip, nada *first amendment* rights on an internet message board.

find somebody who knows a lot of small words to explain why to you, then cowboy up and know wtf you're talking about, otay?

then read post #6

Dr. Who
04-14-2015, 09:22 PM
i forgot what a whiny fuck you are

almost
Name calling and bad faith. Knock it off, it's against the rules. Thank you.

del
04-14-2015, 09:24 PM
who can see into another's heart?

Cthulhu
04-14-2015, 10:04 PM
Are you trying to punk us or do you believe the $#@! you post?
Both?

Hal Jordan
04-15-2015, 12:52 AM
who can see into another's heart?

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows.

Common
04-15-2015, 04:21 AM
To get this back on topic

If you want to avoid a poster that is annoying you for whatever reason, put them on ignore.
If a person is attacking you and breaking the rules, Report them. If you have a more serious issue, pm a mod. If its a mod you have a problem with, Pm adelaide.

Im not trying to diminish TrueBlues concerns. I am trying to point out that there are rules that cover all her concerns in place already. Any more restrictive rules would have an even more negative effect.

Captain Obvious
04-15-2015, 08:02 AM
To get this back on topic

If you want to avoid a poster that is annoying you for whatever reason, put them on ignore.
If a person is attacking you and breaking the rules, Report them. If you have a more serious issue, pm a mod. If its a mod you have a problem with, Pm adelaide.

Im not trying to diminish TrueBlues concerns. I am trying to point out that there are rules that cover all her concerns in place already. Any more restrictive rules would have an even more negative effect.

TrueBlue is not a very objective and responsible person, she's the type who would use rules as a too to snark at someone she's debating with. This is why the rules are limited because people are children, they will try to wedge the mods between themselves and their personal indifferences with other members.

Matty
04-15-2015, 08:08 AM
TrueBlue has an insatiable need to be in control.

Chris
04-15-2015, 08:24 AM
In TB's defense she raised a concern and that's fine. She'd like tight enforcement of rules. Others reacted they want loose enforcement. Look at the thread as a thermometer that mods can use to adjust moderation by. Now back at it, guys and gals, get to it!

Venus
04-15-2015, 08:27 AM
In TB's defense she raised a concern and that's fine. She'd like tight enforcement of rules. Others reacted they want loose enforcement. Look at the thread as a thermometer that mods can use to adjust moderation by. Now back at it, guys and gals, get to it!

IMO

She wants tighter enforcement of the rules on only the members she doesn't want here.

Matty
04-15-2015, 08:29 AM
IMO

She wants tighter enforcement of the rules on only the members she doesn't want here.

Exactly! :)

Chris
04-15-2015, 08:32 AM
If so it didn't work out that way, the tribe has spoken.

Venus
04-15-2015, 08:43 AM
Exactly! :)

She can't follow her own rules change suggestions.

Venus
04-15-2015, 09:07 AM
I think we should know who the "very influential person" she is working with is.

Is it a mod? vip? Admin? which "very influential person" is as unhappy with this forum as she is?

Matty
04-15-2015, 09:08 AM
She can't follow her own rules change suggestions.

Yes, I noticed.

Chris
04-15-2015, 09:14 AM
I think we should know who the "very influential person" she is working with is.

Is it a mod? vip? Admin? which "very influential person" is as unhappy with this forum as she is?

Hillary Clinton? :D

Unhappy could be any member. Though influential excludes almost everyone.

Venus
04-15-2015, 09:17 AM

Exactly. So who is she working with?

Matty
04-15-2015, 09:17 AM

So was she telling an untruth Chris?

Chris
04-15-2015, 09:42 AM
Not sure what she even meant. I told her I prefer less name calling and more discussion, but didn't say I was unhappy, and I'm not influential--were I everyone would be an anarchist by now!

PolWatch
04-15-2015, 10:05 AM
I have also stated that I wish the name calling would stop....and have tried to encourage members to quit the habit. Not successful when those who complain are also the name callers.

Polecat
04-15-2015, 10:09 AM
This is why they had a card table in a separate room for the kids to eat at during Thanksgiving.

CreepyOldDude
04-15-2015, 10:09 AM
The newly proposed rules would, at one and the same time, stifle discourse, while being easy to bypass in some ways. If someone is too sensitive to read salty language, they can leave the censor on. And making a rule that we can't disparage someone's political party is so easy to get around, the rule is pointless. Instead of saying every Republican is a live puppy eating serial rapist, or every Democrat is a gay loving secret Muslim, we can just say the right is made up of live puppy eating serial rapists, or the left is all gay loving secret Muslims. I see that kind of thing here every day.

CreepyOldDude
04-15-2015, 10:13 AM
I'd say absolutely.

Usually while they're asleep. And often I'm not so much a guest, as someone who broke in to rearrange the furniture. :)

Chris
04-15-2015, 10:13 AM
This is why they had a card table in a separate room for the kids to eat at during Thanksgiving.

I remember that! But it was more fun than the stuffy adult diningroom table.

PolWatch
04-15-2015, 10:26 AM
I remember that! But it was more fun than the stuffy adult diningroom table.

which is why I always volunteer to be the token adult at the table!

Polecat
04-15-2015, 10:33 AM
Oh to eat at the card table
With siblings and cousins around
You can't be twenty at the card table
Though you're thinking that you're leaving there too soon
You're leaving there too soon

The Sage of Main Street
04-15-2015, 10:38 AM
How about one rule that is already here! Hit the freaking report BUTTON!

Hey, arch! Where ya been? He got electrocuted hitting the Report Button. That put him into a long coma.

Chris
04-15-2015, 10:39 AM
Oh to eat at the card table
With siblings and cousins around
You can't be twenty at the card table
Though you're thinking that you're leaving there too soon
You're leaving there too soon

Thanks, Neil.

Captain Obvious
04-15-2015, 10:47 AM
which is why I always volunteer to be the token adult at the table!

Not me. I'm the one who voluntarily sits at the kids table if there's not enough room.

The Sage of Main Street
04-15-2015, 10:49 AM
who can see into another's heart? That's one of those sensible-sounding clichés that is nonsense in the real world. If you can't judge what really motivates someone despite his superficial words and poses, you'll be a sucker for anyone putting on an act.

The Sage of Main Street
04-15-2015, 10:59 AM
Look at the thread as a thermometer that mods can use to adjust moderation by. Now back at it, guys and gals, get to it! A rectal thermometer? Or, in the way you diagnose threads, an Aynal thermometer.

Chris
04-15-2015, 11:02 AM
A rectal thermometer? Or, in the way you diagnose threads, an Aynal thermometer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvM_MMYhhIo

Mister D
04-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Not me. I'm the one who voluntarily sits at the kids table if there's not enough room.

Meh. If the food is good who cares.

sachem
04-16-2015, 04:21 PM

I do agree that "subjective valuation by mods" does not allow for cooler heads to prevail. That really needs to change and I and another very influential person here are now actively working on that for the overall good of the forum.I certainly hope not, otherwise you and that "another very influential person here" will be posting only to each other.

sachem
04-16-2015, 04:38 PM
TrueBlue is a chick?

TrueBlue
04-16-2015, 04:40 PM
I certainly hope not, otherwise you and that "another very influential person here" will be posting only to each other.
Um, that individual appears to not be the type who would post too much but they've been very helpful nevertheless.

sachem
04-16-2015, 04:42 PM
Um, that individual appears to not be the type who would post too much but they've been very helpful nevertheless.Um, maybe that individual doesn't really exist?

Cthulhu
04-16-2015, 07:47 PM
Exactly. So who is she working with?
Sock puppet?

PattyHill
04-16-2015, 09:38 PM
Not sure why everyone is piling on Trueblue. He/she has made a suggestion and defended it; you disagree; fine. How about moving on instead of pissing and moaning about Trueblue?

sachem
04-16-2015, 10:10 PM
Not sure why everyone is piling on Trueblue. He/she has made a suggestion and defended it; you disagree; fine. How about moving on instead of pissing and moaning about Trueblue?Because part of the reason I enjoy posting on forums is to bitch and moan. I think this place is already too restrictive. Anyone who encourages anymore restrictions deserves to get a smack or two. Not that any of the posts I have read could be considered a smack.

Captain Obvious
04-16-2015, 10:20 PM
TrueBlue is a chick?

That's the rumor.

Captain Obvious
04-16-2015, 10:22 PM
Not sure why everyone is piling on Trueblue. He/she has made a suggestion and defended it; you disagree; fine. How about moving on instead of pissing and moaning about Trueblue?

I like TB, we've thrown darts at each other but I've tossed a few at everyone. I'm not discriminatory like that.

But to be honest, she doesn't really practice much what she preaches. She'll readily scoop up some mud and toss it when it suits her.

I think most folks points here is that fine, go ahead and throw your stones but don't go running to mom when you get dinged on the noggin by a returning volley.

sachem
04-16-2015, 10:22 PM
That's the rumor.Women!

Captain Obvious
04-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Women!

If you can't lick 'em, lick 'em.

Green Arrow
04-16-2015, 10:25 PM

We already have that as literally every single one of the rules. The problem isn't a lack of rules. The problem is that nobody follows them.

Green Arrow
04-16-2015, 10:27 PM
Not that it matters, because apparently this silly idea has been thoroughly spanked already.

Captain Obvious
04-16-2015, 10:29 PM
We already have that as literally every single one of the rules. The problem isn't a lack of rules. The problem is that nobody follows them.
Green Arrow - in your opinion, do you think it's an epidemic?

Green Arrow
04-16-2015, 10:32 PM
@Green Arrow (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=868) - in your opinion, do you think it's an epidemic?

If that's the word you want to use. I just see it as a natural function of human nature, personally.

Guerilla
04-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Nothings constant.

...except change.

TrueBlue
04-16-2015, 10:49 PM
Well then don't you think something should be done about that so that they do? One can't be that remiss in just turning a blind eye to the situation so that it would obviously escalate and become even more pervasive.

del
04-16-2015, 10:51 PM
in view of the 17-2 vote, perhaps you'd be better served looking elsewhere rather than trying to force changes that no one wants except you.

just a thought

Green Arrow
04-16-2015, 10:56 PM
Well then don't you think something should be done about that so that they do? One can't be that remiss in just turning a blind eye to the situation so that it would obviously escalate and become even more pervasive.

I think what is being done already is sufficient. The simple fact of the matter is that you will never completely stamp it out, and your suggested "rules" would turn this place into a ghost town, complete with tumbleweeds. Nobody in their right mind would want to participate in a forum that operates under the rules you suggested. Every post would be robotic and emotionless. That's incredibly sucky. I don't even think you'd enjoy posting in that environment. You'd be like Dr. Frankenstein, "I created a monster!"

Venus
04-17-2015, 01:35 AM
Not that it matters, because apparently this silly idea has been thoroughly spanked already.

Amen

Venus
04-17-2015, 01:37 AM
TrueBlue is a chick?

A day late and a dollar short.

Welcome to the party!

:)

Common
04-17-2015, 03:47 AM
Trueblue, you need to back off this and leave it be, its apparent the lionshare of the forum does not want rule changes or more rules.

Most posters here get it from either the right or the left about their personal political passion. Howie and yourself are unique because you constantly post about an issue that there are those on both sides that are not fully into. Straight people who are inclined to be for gay rights, believe theres alot more pressing problems facing america and americans. I think people are responding to you a little more harshly and your getting more of those type of responses from people that wouldnt normally be inclined to respond to you that way because they feel that you are trying to force your will on them with your passion.
I hope you understand that I am not attacking you or howie here.

silvereyes
04-17-2015, 05:48 AM
I didn't hear you whining while you were in center of that circle. Weird, huh?

Howey
04-17-2015, 08:34 AM
Trueblue, you need to back off this and leave it be, its apparent the lionshare of the forum does not want rule changes or more rules.

Most posters here get it from either the right or the left about their personal political passion. Howie and yourself are unique because you constantly post about an issue that there are those on both sides that are not fully into. Straight people who are inclined to be for gay rights, believe theres alot more pressing problems facing america and americans. I think people are responding to you a little more harshly and your getting more of those type of responses from people that wouldnt normally be inclined to respond to you that way because they feel that you are trying to force your will on them with your passion.

Leave me out of this. Rarely have I posted a gay topic that's not of interest to the general public, straight or gay.

I'm on hiatus here not because of regular forum members acting like schoolyard bullies. I can handle that. It's the childish behavior of others that draws like behavior from me that's sickens me and preventing me from posting.

I'm discussing this in private with ADMIN and look for an equitable solution to the problem soon. I doubt I'll return if the dialogue doesn't return to the right vs. left intelligent discourse that drew me here nearly three years ago.

Until then, trolls will be trolls and destroy forums. It would behoove every, I said every, poster on this forum to think about that before posting.

Captain Obvious
04-17-2015, 08:38 AM
Everyone wants things ran their way.

Actually, this is a direct reflection of why society is so fucked up, we all believe we're entitled to our way.

Common
04-17-2015, 11:23 AM
Leave me out of this. Rarely have I posted a gay topic that's not of interest to the general public, straight or gay.

I'm on hiatus here not because of regular forum members acting like schoolyard bullies. I can handle that. It's the childish behavior of others that draws like behavior from me that's sickens me and preventing me from posting.

I'm discussing this in private with @ADMIN (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1) and look for an equitable solution to the problem soon. I doubt I'll return if the dialogue doesn't return to the right vs. left intelligent discourse that drew me here nearly three years ago.

Until then, trolls will be trolls and destroy forums. It would behoove every, I said every, poster on this forum to think about that before posting.

Ok howey I didnt mean to offend you, but I will say you need to toughen up and not be so thin skinned. Youre not the only one here that gets sarcasm directed at you. Id bet I get as much as you.
Give as well as you get.

Mister D
04-17-2015, 11:30 AM
Everyone wants things ran their way.

Actually, this is a direct reflection of why society is so $#@!ed up, we all believe we're entitled to our way.

Yup

TrueBlue
04-17-2015, 07:10 PM
I think what is being done already is sufficient. The simple fact of the matter is that you will never completely stamp it out, and your suggested "rules" would turn this place into a ghost town, complete with tumbleweeds. Nobody in their right mind would want to participate in a forum that operates under the rules you suggested. Every post would be robotic and emotionless. That's incredibly sucky. I don't even think you'd enjoy posting in that environment. You'd be like Dr. Frankenstein, "I created a monster!"
Yet it has been said that most of the rules I proposed were already instituted here. The fact of the matter is that the only reason this forum has not turned into a "ghost town", as you put it, is because moderation has apparently been nice in not giving it the proper attention/moderating it deserves to quell the bucking horse but I have been informed that that may change soon.

TrueBlue
04-17-2015, 07:17 PM
in view of the 17-2 vote, perhaps you'd be better served looking elsewhere rather than trying to force changes that no one wants except you.

just a thought
No doubt your true feelings are now emerging and you would just love that, wouldn't you, for me to leave and quit posting things you don't find interesting. Sometime back I thought about that since I have many other irons in the fire at the moment and little time to fully devote to just this one forum especially the tit-for-tat discussions which are always time consuming. I have to weigh my options at this point and decide where I would best want to devote my time.

del
04-17-2015, 07:29 PM
No doubt your true feelings are now emerging and you would just love that, wouldn't you, for me to leave and quit posting things you don't find interesting. Sometime back I thought about that since I have many other irons in the fire at the moment and little time to fully devote to just this one forum especially the tit-for-tat discussions which are always time consuming. I have to weigh my options at this point and decide where I would best want to devote my time.

frankly, darling, i don't give a rat's ass if you stay or go.

while it's true that i find most of the stuff you post to be pedestrian, it doesn't bother me in the sense that you seem to be implying.

the intent of the post to which you have responded was to point out the rather obvious - no one except you and your mysterious *influential* friend find this place too rough for our tastes and that since there are roughly 12 billion other messageboards on the interwebz, one of those might be more to your liking.

*shrug

TrueBlue
04-17-2015, 07:30 PM
It was an exercise to see which way the wind was blowing, nothing more, and the fact that some don't want rule changes can only mean that they are satisfied with the status quo. I don't control the forum but did want to know how they viewed this matter.

How could anyone think I could possibly impose my will on them when they have the power of the button? By that I mean they can simply switch threads or Ignore such postings that they don't like or want to read. But to say I am imposing my will on them is tantamount to saying that I have such supreme power in and of myself that I can bring quick changes to situations on my my own. Yet I merely exercise my right to post my feelings on things. Nothing more.

As for the unruly crowd, I can handle that. It's the sheer intolerance on certain subject matter on the part of others however, that's bad enough to de-stripe a zebra.

Venus
04-17-2015, 08:04 PM
It was an exercise to see which way the wind was blowing, nothing more, and the fact that some don't want rule changes can only mean that they are satisfied with the status quo. I don't control the forum but did want to know how they viewed this matter.

How could anyone think I could possibly impose my will on them when they have the power of the button? By that I mean they can simply switch threads or Ignore such postings that they don't like or want to read. But to say I am imposing my will on them is tantamount to saying that I have such supreme power in and of myself that I can bring quick changes to situations on my my own. Yet I merely exercise my right to post my feelings on things. Nothing more.

As for the unruly crowd, I can handle that. It's the sheer intolerance on certain subject matter on the part of others however, that's bad enough to de-stripe a zebra.

Instead of suggesting we change the rules you could first take your own advice.

Switch threads or ignore them.

Green Arrow
04-17-2015, 08:59 PM
The fact of the matter is that the only reason this forum has not turned into a "ghost town", as you put it, is because moderation has apparently been nice in not giving it the proper attention/moderating it deserves to quell the bucking horse but I have been informed that that may change soon.

So...wait a minute...it hasn't been turned into a ghost town because the mods haven't modded the shit out of everybody, but you want that to change?

Logically, if that changed, it would become a ghost town.

Mister D
04-17-2015, 09:03 PM
Yes, it would.

Green Arrow
04-17-2015, 09:05 PM
Yes, it would.

No, it wouldn't. I'd lead a coup and take over.

Cthulhu
04-17-2015, 09:08 PM
Don't feel conflicted on account of us.

Just don't expect us to pull at your jacket as you walk into the sunset either.

Stay, or go - the forum shall surely survive.

Mister D
04-17-2015, 09:10 PM
To be perfectly frank TrueBlue I don't read most of your "gay man gets a cup of coffee" posts. Post on.

Common
Someone should close this thread before it degrades, I would think its run its course and everything that can be said has and the opinion of the forum has mostly been ascertained.

Not to be construed as im taking sides or against anyone, im trying to save it from going into the toilet

sachem
Don't feel conflicted on account of us.

Just don't expect us to pull at your jacket as you walk into the sunset either.

Stay, or go - the forum shall surely survive.

Shane.......

Green Arrow
04-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Someone should close this thread before it degrades, I would think its run its course and everything that can be said has and the opinion of the forum has mostly been ascertained.

Not to be construed as im taking sides or against anyone, im trying to save it from going into the toilet

I don't think it will go into the toilet unless TrueBlue herself flushes it there, and that would be highly hilar-I mean, highly hypocritical.

PolWatch
04-17-2015, 09:15 PM
No, it wouldn't. I'd lead a coup and take over.

I'm watching you for pitchforks & torches! :wink:

Green Arrow
04-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Damn, they found me out!

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/smolderhotter/37720960/727752/727752_600.gif

sachem
04-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Damn, they found me out!

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/smolderhotter/37720960/727752/727752_600.gif
You are prettier than I first thought.

PolWatch
04-17-2015, 09:22 PM

I'm jealous of him...

PattyHill
04-17-2015, 09:25 PM

I agree, but of course I don't want to deprive anyone of their right to continue beating a dead horse.

Note to self: stop clicking to see new posts on this thread.

Peter1469
04-17-2015, 09:25 PM
It is a trap. Don't fall for it.

Green Arrow
04-17-2015, 09:27 PM

I've been watching my figure recently. It's worked wonders.

Hal Jordan
04-17-2015, 09:32 PM
I've been watching my figure recently. It's worked wonders.

I've been doing a lot more running, myself...

http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11206&stc=1

Green Arrow
04-17-2015, 09:33 PM
In all seriousness though, I've been trading in my chicken fingers and hot wings for grilled chicken salads. Tonight, I picked up a grilled caesar salad from the primary place of occupation. I picked up fries and BBQ sauce and a banana pudding milkshake too, but you know.

Baby steps.

sachem
04-17-2015, 09:33 PM
I've been watching my figure recently. It's worked wonders.You'll have that beach body in no time.

PolWatch
04-17-2015, 09:35 PM
I have more of a problem with diet in the summer....ice cream is one of my addictions.

sachem
04-17-2015, 09:38 PM
I have more of a problem with diet in the summer....ice cream is one of my addictions.That's a tough one.

Hal Jordan
04-17-2015, 09:41 PM
I have more of a problem with diet in the summer....ice cream is one of my addictions.

I may eat a lot, but I eat it very quickly. My metabolism sped up after the lightning strike... And hey,

http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11207&stc=1

del
04-17-2015, 09:45 PM
You'll have that beach body in no time.

my wife is always telling me to get in shape.

i told her round is a shape.

heh

Mister D
04-17-2015, 09:50 PM
my wife is always telling me to get in shape.

i told her round is a shape.

heh

Gym competition is fierce these days. $10 a month in some places.

PolWatch
04-17-2015, 09:54 PM
After 39 years, my husband & I have decided we are never gonna be in a swimsuit issue of anything...not even AARP. He is one of those horrible people who can eat anything and never gain weight. Me? I'm the best investment he ever made....the only one that grew consistently.

sachem
04-17-2015, 09:56 PM
I eat mostly soft serve ice cream in the summer. I pretend it has less calories because it is physically lighter.

Peter1469
04-17-2015, 09:57 PM

I need more cardio as I get older. I don't need to bulk up at this point.

Common
04-17-2015, 09:58 PM
I never had a sweet tooth but certain things I cannot resist so I do my best not to keep them around. Italiam Rum cake, pinula cookies, <cookie with pine nuts> Ice Cream and Gellato, I pig on them till they are gone.

Peter1469
04-17-2015, 09:58 PM

That is all I wanted when I was younger and skinny. Now I could pack on muscle mass if I laid off running. But that doesn't look good a decade from now.

Mister D
04-17-2015, 09:59 PM

Do you like tea? Tea is a good metabolic boost.

Mister D
04-17-2015, 10:00 PM
That is all I wanted when I was younger and skinny. Now I could pack on muscle mass if I laid off running. But that doesn't look good a decade from now.

Agreed.

del
04-17-2015, 11:06 PM

i'll have my staff look into it

del
04-17-2015, 11:07 PM

the old furniture problem

when your chest is in your drawers

Green Arrow
04-17-2015, 11:11 PM

I have a big problem with diet.

No, that's it. Just diet. All year-round.

Common
04-18-2015, 06:35 AM
I have a big problem with diet.

No, that's it. Just diet. All year-round.

At your age you can turn it all around super fast, your body is resillient at 23 and builds muscle mass fast. Eat healthy for 2 months and just do calistenics and you will feel like a new person

Matty
04-18-2015, 06:41 AM

Nothing quite like like vanilla bean ice cream stuffed in a glass and topped with A&W root beer!

PolWatch
04-18-2015, 06:46 AM
Blue Belle ice cream should be on the controlled substances lists!

Peter1469
04-18-2015, 09:09 AM
Do you like tea? Tea is a good metabolic boost.

Yes, especially green tea.

Common
04-18-2015, 09:16 AM
Blue Belle ice cream should be on the controlled substances lists!

Ever try blue bunny ice cream

PolWatch
04-18-2015, 09:18 AM
I don't think I've seen Blue Bunny ice cream. Blue Belle is my summer addiction!

silvereyes
04-18-2015, 10:37 AM
OK, catch me up. When did this turn into an exercise/diet thread? What page? :laughing:

Hal Jordan
04-18-2015, 02:10 PM
Ever try blue bunny ice cream

Having had a lot of both, I have to say Blue Belle is better.

Hal Jordan
04-18-2015, 02:13 PM
OK, catch me up. When did this turn into an exercise/diet thread? What page? :laughing:
The thread became much better on page 15.

Common
04-18-2015, 02:24 PM
Having had a lot of both, I have to say Blue Belle is better.

See how tastes are different between people. Ive had both and I like bunny better. Plus blue belle has a huge recall going on because of listeria.

Hal Jordan
04-18-2015, 02:30 PM
See how tastes are different between people. Ive had both and I like bunny better. Plus blue belle has a huge recall going on because of listeria.

That is an issue going on right now. What's most surprising is that it's coming from two different plant. That makes me think that it originated from a supplier to both plants.

Common
04-18-2015, 02:38 PM
That is an issue going on right now. What's most surprising is that it's coming from two different plant. That makes me think that it originated from a supplier to both plants.

Im sure thats true, listeria is a bad thing and can kill. Its also the first time ive ever heard or remember an ice cream recall.

sachem
04-18-2015, 03:11 PM
I hear the ice cream truck. I wonder what they have?

Hal Jordan
04-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Im sure thats true, listeria is a bad thing and can kill. Its also the first time ive ever heard or remember an ice cream recall.

There have actually been a surprising number of ice cream recalls, just in the past decade...

Peter1469
04-18-2015, 03:15 PM
There have actually been a surprising number of ice cream recalls, just in the past decade...

Probably because the factory farmed cows that produce the milk are sickly and the conditions are filthy.

PolWatch
04-18-2015, 03:34 PM
I remember my father telling me about an experiment that could apply to the ice cream situation.

If you drop a worm in a glass of water...it lives. If you drop a worm in a glass of whiskey...it dies. Moral of the story: If you drink whiskey you won't have worms.

Guess I need to give up ice cream and take up whiskey.

sachem
04-18-2015, 03:50 PM
I remember my father telling me about an experiment that could apply to the ice cream situation.

If you drop a worm in a glass of water...it lives. If you drop a worm in a glass of whiskey...it dies. Moral of the story: If you drink whiskey you won't have worms.

Guess I need to give up ice cream and take up whiskey.We probably all should.

Hal Jordan
04-18-2015, 03:53 PM
We probably all should.

So, which candidate supports free whiskey for all Americans?

sachem
04-18-2015, 03:56 PM
So, which candidate supports free whiskey for all Americans?My guess? Bush.

Maybe we should have Gallop do a poll and ask them.

Hal Jordan
04-18-2015, 03:57 PM
My guess? Bush.

Maybe we should have Gallop do a poll and ask them.

Definitely. This is an important issue.

sachem
04-18-2015, 04:05 PM
Definitely. This is an important issue.As important as any other to some voter somewhere.

PattyHill
04-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Forget a chicken in every pot - a bottle of scotch in every house works much better!

although I'm always amazed (for some reason) how many people don't drink in this country... like 30%. With our politics, how can they get by without it? (smile)

Bob
04-18-2015, 06:11 PM

Guess I need to give up ice cream and take up whiskey.

I came close to buying a bottle of Makers Mark at Smart and Final yesterday. $22 and change but I had not yet heard it kills worms. sachem, buy some.

I might have to go back to the store. I hear it is yummy.

Polecat
04-18-2015, 06:15 PM
I got a bottle of Kentucky Gentleman today from the bottom shelf. They were out of my usual quaff, Kentucky Asshat.

Captain Obvious
04-18-2015, 06:46 PM
I got a bottle of Kentucky Gentleman today from the bottom shelf. They were out of my usual quaff, Kentucky Asshat.

"Kentucky asshat" - sounds like a perennial.

Polecat
04-18-2015, 07:00 PM
"Kentucky asshat" - sounds like a perennial.

It may well be. Not as foul as I expected it to be.

PattyHill
04-18-2015, 08:22 PM
I came close to buying a bottle of Makers Mark at Smart and Final yesterday. $22 and change but I had not yet heard it kills worms. @sachem (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=974), buy some.

I might have to go back to the store. I hear it is yummy.

It is good. It's my "daily whisky". Lagavulin is my "special" whisky.

Friend of mine got me a humongous bottle of Makers Mark from Costco. Should last me awhile and kill lots of worms!

Bob
04-18-2015, 08:54 PM
It is good. It's my "daily whisky". Lagavulin is my "special" whisky.

Friend of mine got me a humongous bottle of Makers Mark from Costco. Should last me awhile and kill lots of worms!

I see it at Costco as well and it is cheaper in the large size per oz.

Costco has fair prices.

Common
04-18-2015, 10:44 PM
I didnt like Makers Mark one bit. I like a jamieson now and then or a little hennessy blue. I drink rarely and I just sip.

Green Arrow
04-18-2015, 10:50 PM
I picked up a bottle of Southern Comfort from my local liquor store last night. It's sitting in my desk with my bottle of Jack.

Bob
04-18-2015, 11:08 PM
I didnt like Makers Mark one bit. I like a jamieson now and then or a little hennessy blue. I drink rarely and I just sip.

Can you go into detail? What is the problem with Makers Mark?

Bob
04-18-2015, 11:09 PM
I picked up a bottle of Southern Comfort from my local liquor store last night. It's sitting in my desk with my bottle of Jack.

Weren't you getting drunk yesterday?

Common
04-18-2015, 11:11 PM
Can you go into detail? What is the problem with Makers Mark?

I didnt think it was smooth at all even sipped. I didnt hate it, I just have other preferences.

Bob
04-18-2015, 11:17 PM
I didnt think it was smooth at all even sipped. I didnt hate it, I just have other preferences.

Thanks, for me to buy some, it has to be smooth.

Green Arrow
04-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Weren't you getting drunk yesterday?

No, sir. I never get drunk. Only buzzed.

Bob
04-18-2015, 11:36 PM
No, sir. I never get drunk. Only buzzed.

I misunderstood comments you made yesterday. You told the forum you best leave that you were drinking.

Hal Jordan
04-18-2015, 11:38 PM
I misunderstood comments you made yesterday. You told the forum you best leave that you were drinking.

Drinking =/= drunk

For example, I'm drinking right now, but I'm not even close to being drunk.

Bob
04-18-2015, 11:47 PM
Drinking =/= drunk

For example, I'm drinking right now, but I'm not even close to being drunk.

Oh GA, how are you doing tonight?

Hal Jordan
04-18-2015, 11:50 PM
I was drunk a few nights ago, though. Too much Wild Turkey.

Green Arrow
04-19-2015, 01:10 AM
Oh GA, how are you doing tonight?

In pain and about to try to sleep it off, otherwise pretty good. I don't really have anything to complain about these days.

Bob
04-19-2015, 02:01 AM
In pain and about to try to sleep it off, otherwise pretty good. I don't really have anything to complain about these days.

Sorry to hear that. If you don't have a doctor, you can try linking to the Dr. Phil show and using his doctors for free site. They come on and talk to you. Free.