PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, somewhere in lib la la land...

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 11:08 AM
Goodwyn's law upheld.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/14/robert-f-kennedy-jr-apologizes-for-holocaust-remark-in-speech-against/?intcmp=latestnews

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. apologizes for 'holocaust' remark in speech against California vaccine law

"I want to apologize to all whom I offended by my use of the word holocaust to describe the autism epidemic," Kennedy said in a statement. "I employed the term during an impromptu speech as I struggled to find an expression to convey the catastrophic tragedy of autism which has now destroyed the lives of over 20 million children and shattered their families."

He said he will use other words to describe the autism crisis in the future.

Kennedy opposes a California bill that would limit vaccination waivers for schoolchildren. It has generated such an acidic debate that some opponents have compared the proposal's author online to Adolf Hitler.

State Sen. Richard Pan, a Democratic pediatrician from Sacramento, said he was under added security in response to his bill. The proposal will be heard Wednesday in a Senate education committee.

Thursday marks Holocaust Remembrance Day.

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/876/493/Vaccines California_Cham(1)640360.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Common Sense
04-14-2015, 11:10 AM
BFD...

What up Cappy?

del
04-14-2015, 11:10 AM
like most kennedys, he's a pinhead

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 11:14 AM
BFD...

What up Cappy?

Welcome back, news of your death was greatly exaggerated I see.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 11:15 AM
like most kennedys, he's a pinhead

The next punk band I'm in will be called "The Dead Dead Kennedys"

Common Sense
04-14-2015, 11:15 AM
Welcome back, news of your death was greatly exaggerated I see.

I'm posting from the great beyond. I guess I was wrong about all that religion crap. I must apologize to our adherents.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 11:17 AM
I'm posting from the great beyond. I guess I was wrong about all that religion crap. I must apologize to our adherents.

Sure you're not in Cleveland?

Cigar
04-14-2015, 11:23 AM
The one thing that makes these Presidential Elections real easy, is the constant painting of everyone they don't like with one broad brush. Enjoy your view of The White House, it's as close as you're going to get without paying for a Ticket. :laugh:

PolWatch
04-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Sure you're not in Cleveland?

good Canadians go to Cleveland when they die? That doesn't sound like much of an incentive to live a saintly life....

GrassrootsConservative
04-14-2015, 11:26 AM
The one thing that makes these Presidential Elections real easy, is the constant painting of everyone they don't like with one broad brush. Enjoy your view of The White House, it's as close as you're going to get without paying for a Ticket. :laugh:

Talk about painting with a broad brush.

zelmo1234
04-14-2015, 11:27 AM
I think that if a republican wins, the unemployment problem will be over, from what I see on this forum, if Hilary loses, there will be millions of liberals killing themselves.

OH! shit,!!!!1 They don't work, I forgot, well the welfare roles will be reduces anyway!

Cigar
04-14-2015, 11:36 AM
Talk about painting with a broad brush.

Does the shoe fit?

PolWatch
04-14-2015, 11:37 AM
the only difference is the Bush/Obama presidency will become either the Bush/Obama/Bush or Clinton presidency.

Cigar
04-14-2015, 11:39 AM
I think that if a republican wins, the unemployment problem will be over, from what I see on this forum, if Hilary loses, there will be millions of liberals killing themselves.

OH! $#@!,!!!!1 They don't work, I forgot, well the welfare roles will be reduces anyway!

Can we just cut to the chase ... ?

Conservatives will Vote for whoever the Republican Candidate is.
Liberals will Vote for whoever the Democratic Candidate is.
So Called Libertarians will Vote for whoever the Republican Candidate is, or stay home and bitch.

zelmo1234
04-14-2015, 11:43 AM
Can we just cut to the chase ... ?

Conservatives will Vote for whoever the Republican Candidate is.
Liberals will Vote for whoever the Democratic Candidate is.
So Called Libertarians will Vote for whoever the Republican Candidate is, or stay home and $#@!.

I agree on the left, but last time the conservatives stayed home so I do not agree.

They will not vote for a moderate, because there is no difference. so why take the blame for the fall.

The Sage of Main Street
04-14-2015, 12:33 PM
like most kennedys, he's a pinhead He was convicted of using heroin, though the judge didn't dare actually punish such political royalty for it. His addiction to adultery drove his wife to suicide. Though a fanatical eco-eunuch, he protested having windmills spoiling the view from his beachfront mansion.

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 12:44 PM
The next punk band I'm in will be called "The Dead Dead Kennedys"
A staunch right-winger like you in a punk band? The mind boggles.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 12:47 PM
A staunch right-winger like you in a punk band? The mind boggles.

I used to drum for a cow-punk band, not too long ago actually, within the last 10 years.

We used to do shows with college ska bands in these shithole strip clubs, it was lots of fun actually.

We played with an all chic band once during a "Vulvapalooza" gig.

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 12:49 PM
I used to drum for a cow-punk band, not too long ago actually, within the last 10 years.

We used to do shows with college ska bands in these shithole strip clubs, it was lots of fun actually.

We played with an all chic band once during a "Vulvapalooza" gig.
I've filled in with a few bar bands. I'm a percussionist and vocalist. Music minor in college. Mostly covered 80s and 90s rock.

Bob
04-14-2015, 01:01 PM
the only difference is the Bush/Obama presidency will become either the Bush/Obama/Bush or Clinton presidency.

What I don't get is you don't say the Clinton-Bush administration.

Why is that?

Bob
04-14-2015, 01:03 PM
I've filled in with a few bar bands. I'm a percussionist and vocalist. Music minor in college. Mostly covered 80s and 90s rock.

A church member dropped off his steel guitar and I look at it at times. He shows up to try to teach me chords and leaves.

At least the piano does not hurt the tips of a person's fingers. I plan to try to practice his chords today.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2015, 01:23 PM

Percussionist?

People sometimes say to me "oh, you're a musician" to which I say "no, I'm a drummer".

texan
04-14-2015, 02:02 PM
It was a stupid comparison, but so what?

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 03:13 PM
A church member dropped off his steel guitar and I look at it at times. He shows up to try to teach me chords and leaves.

At least the piano does not hurt the tips of a person's fingers. I plan to try to practice his chords today.
Cool! Steel guitar is on my list of things to learn someday.

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Percussionist?

People sometimes say to me "oh, you're a musician" to which I say "no, I'm a drummer".
I can play (or at least make noise with) everything from an anvil to a xylophone. My favorite is a marimba, But i'm not bad with a trap set.

Bob
04-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Cool! Steel guitar is on my list of things to learn someday.

I used to own an acoustic and a steel. Actually the steel was my gift to my now 28 year old daughter when she was in high school. She liked to come here to play the acoustic and asked for the steel. She was getting pretty good on it.

Her mom moves to Hawaii and to collect money for the trip had yard sales. My kid sold both guitars. She had borrowed my acoustic and I suspect her mom had her do it to sell it off. I plan to ask her.

nic34
04-14-2015, 04:08 PM

What's 90s rock?

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 04:10 PM
What's 90s rock?
Seattle grunge, some indy stuff, leftover glam, heavy metal, all kinda stuff

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 04:11 PM
I used to own an acoustic and a steel. Actually the steel was my gift to my now 28 year old daughter when she was in high school. She liked to come here to play the acoustic and asked for the steel. She was getting pretty good on it.

Her mom moves to Hawaii and to collect money for the trip had yard sales. My kid sold both guitars. She had borrowed my acoustic and I suspect her mom had her do it to sell it off. I plan to ask her.
Ain't exs fun?

Bob
04-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Ain't exs fun?

Yes, but it depends. That ex was like a migrane.

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 05:06 PM
Yes, but it depends. That ex was like a migrane.
I've only got one, and she's more like a bad rash. Really irritating and difficult to get rid of.

Bob
04-14-2015, 05:24 PM
I've only got one, and she's more like a bad rash. Really irritating and difficult to get rid of.

Mine was so drool, beautiful. Spent money like I had printing presses. Super charming.

Crepitus
04-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Mine was so drool, beautiful. Spent money like I had printing presses. Super charming.

Well, they had that in common for sure.

Blackrook
04-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Robert J. Kennedy, Jr. is an asshole. My brother is autistic but his life has not been "destroyed." Our family has not been "shattered." This kind of talk creates bigotry against the disabled.

Redrose
04-14-2015, 09:35 PM
I could never understand why so many blacks love JFK and the Kennedy Clan.

My black SIL defends JFK totally, but can't tell me why.

So I told him this:

The Kennedy's were white, elitist phonies.

The socialized with other wealthy whites.
They married other wealthy whites.
They live in secluded, security fenced compounds, in wealthy private white communities, keeping undesirables out.
Their kids go to wealthy private schools, not bussed to school with the common folk.

They like to tell others how to live, and how to feel and think. They talk a good game, but they don't live by their own words. Phonies.

domer76
04-14-2015, 10:25 PM
Goodwyn's law upheld.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/14/robert-f-kennedy-jr-apologizes-for-holocaust-remark-in-speech-against/?intcmp=latestnews

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. apologizes for 'holocaust' remark in speech against California vaccine law

http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/876/493/Vaccines California_Cham(1)640360.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

It's Godwin's Law. It appears that, actually, NOTHING is obvious to you. Perhaps a name change to Sergeant Oblivious would be more appropriate.

The Sage of Main Street
04-15-2015, 12:52 PM

So I told him this:

They live in secluded, security fenced compounds, in wealthy private white communities, keeping undesirables out.
Their kids go to wealthy private schools, not bussed to school with the common folk.

They like to tell others how to live, and how to feel and think. They talk a good game, but they don't live by their own words. Phonies.
Both the rich and the Blacks fear, despise, and hate the majority. That includes the rich who pretend to be Conservative, despite what trailer-park GOPers think.

Captain Obvious
04-15-2015, 01:11 PM
It's Godwin's Law. It appears that, actually, NOTHING is obvious to you. Perhaps a name change to Sergeant Oblivious would be more appropriate.

lol! wot...

Bob
04-15-2015, 02:48 PM

So I told him this:

That is true