PDA

View Full Version : Obama no longer cares whether the GOP is outraged

Cigar
04-16-2015, 08:14 AM
It’s become clear in recent weeks that President Obama and congressional Republicans are reading from very different scripts. The notion that the two institutional forces are butting heads is plainly wrong – they are two trains on separate tracks moving in completely different directions.

GOP lawmakers are now fully invested in fake “scandals” and an upcoming lawsuit/campaign stunt, the point of which they’re still trying to figure out. Obama, clearly tired of waiting for a Congress that will not govern, has become more enthusiastic about using his executive authority on everything from climate to discrimination to the minimum wage.

Clearly, the president’s willingness to keep governing without them has only enraged congressional Republicans – who were already livid. But it’s now obvious that the president simply does not care. Not even a little. The more GOP lawmaker scream, “No more executive actions!” the more Obama thinks to himself, “I wonder what other executive actions I can take.”

Consider the president’s remarks this morning in advance of a cabinet meeting.
“We’ve already seen the power of some of our executive actions in making a real difference for ordinary families…. But what I’m going to be urging all of you to do, and what I’m going to be continually pushing throughout this year and for the next couple of years is that if Congress can’t act on core issues that would actually make a difference in helping middle-class families get ahead, then we’re going to have to be creative about how we can make real progress.

“If Congress is unable to do it, then all of our Cabinet members here – and the head of big agencies that touch people’s live in all sorts of ways – and I’m going to be continuing looking for ways in which we can show some real progress.”

Obama and his team aren’t only going to do more without Congress – on immigration, among other things – they’re going to get “creative” while doing more without Congress.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/obama-no-longer-cares-whether-the-gop-outraged

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Cant-Touch-This-MC-Hammer-Dance-Gif.gif

zelmo1234
04-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Is that why he caved in to congress on the Iran deal yesterday?

Can you say Lame Duck I think that you can, He is trying to remain relevant and the truth is the people have moved on, His Presidency is a failure.

The people are starting to concentrate on the future.

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 08:19 AM
It’s become clear in recent weeks that President Obama and congressional Republicans are reading from very different scripts. The notion that the two institutional forces are butting heads is plainly wrong – they are two trains on separate tracks moving in completely different directions.

GOP lawmakers are now fully invested in fake “scandals” and an upcoming lawsuit/campaign stunt, the point of which they’re still trying to figure out. Obama, clearly tired of waiting for a Congress that will not govern, has become more enthusiastic about using his executive authority on everything from climate to discrimination to the minimum wage.

Clearly, the president’s willingness to keep governing without them has only enraged congressional Republicans – who were already livid. But it’s now obvious that the president simply does not care. Not even a little. The more GOP lawmaker scream, “No more executive actions!” the more Obama thinks to himself, “I wonder what other executive actions I can take.”

“We’ve already seen the power of some of our executive actions in making a real difference for ordinary families…. But what I’m going to be urging all of you to do, and what I’m going to be continually pushing throughout this year and for the next couple of years is that if Congress can’t act on core issues that would actually make a difference in helping middle-class families get ahead, then we’re going to have to be creative about how we can make real progress.

“If Congress is unable to do it, then all of our Cabinet members here – and the head of big agencies that touch people’s live in all sorts of ways – and I’m going to be continuing looking for ways in which we can show some real progress.”

Obama and his team aren’t only going to do more without Congress – on immigration, among other things – they’re going to get “creative” while doing more without Congress.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/obama-no-longer-cares-whether-the-gop-outraged

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Cant-Touch-This-MC-Hammer-Dance-Gif.gif

Do you have any thoughts of your own on any subject Cigar?

Ar least you give rap the writer credit this time instead of claiming these as your thoughts.

But really, a mere cut and paste is all you have?

Cigar
04-16-2015, 08:20 AM
Is that why he caved in to congress on the Iran deal yesterday?

Can you say Lame Duck I think that you can, He is trying to remain relevant and the truth is the people have moved on, His Presidency is a failure.

The people are starting to concentrate on the future.

The people are starting to concentrate on the future? :roflmao:

I hope they don't take the Roads and Bridges to get there. :laugh:

Cigar
04-16-2015, 08:22 AM
Do you have any thoughts of your own on any subject Cigar?

Ar least you give rap the writer credit this time instead of claiming these as your thoughts.

But really, a mere cut and paste is all you have?

I do whatever the Fuck I want, whenever the Fuck I want. :grin:

Freedom, Liberty ... Eat it Up Sport :laugh:

Captain Obvious
04-16-2015, 08:23 AM
Mac is the perfect tPF member to keep Cigar pacified in his trollbait threads.

Both are dumb as stumps and both aren't shy about being vocal about it.

Carry on boys.

Matty
04-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Obama was a joke. Hilly Billy she BA a joke too.

Cigar
04-16-2015, 08:27 AM
Obama was a joke. Hilly Billy she BA a joke too.

Ok ... so? :huh:

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 08:27 AM

Carry on boys.

Yet here you are proving that fence sitters are the dumbest of all.

Cigar
04-16-2015, 08:29 AM

Carry on boys.

Glad I have your permission :jerk: ... care for some tartar sauce for that carp?

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 08:37 AM
Glad I have your permission :jerk: ... care for some tartar sauce for that carp?

Captain Obvious is a cut and paste artist too.

Just not as many as you post.

Captain Obvious
04-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Captain Obvious is a cut and paste artist too.

Just not as many as you post.

Look at how uniting I am.

I even bring polar futility opposites together.

:biglaugh:

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 08:43 AM
Look at how uniting I am.

I even bring polar futility opposites together.

:biglaugh:

I like Cigar.

He's my favorite pet minority on this board.

Cigar
04-16-2015, 08:44 AM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/e0/e0782a0200b923250b2bf59947f6320ec510618996a371ee56 656e9c83f4a7e1.jpg

The Sage of Main Street
04-16-2015, 11:54 AM
Ronald Reagan said that, even as an actor, he dismissed critical reviews and was only concerned with "box office" as the true judge of his performance. So a President should ignore Constitutionazis, impeachment-fanatics, and scandal-mongers and care only about popular support. However, on some of his defiant stands Obama doesn't have that either.

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 12:14 PM
Ronald Reagan said that, even as an actor, he dismissed critical reviews and was only concerned with "box office" as the true judge of his performance. So a President should ignore Constitutionazis, impeachment-fanatics, and scandal-mongers and care only about popular support. However, on some of his defiant stands Obama doesn't have that either.

A street thug takes what he can get.

Where Obama finds unlocked doors or security guards that are asleep he will steal as much as he can carry.

knight
04-16-2015, 12:22 PM
If the GOP were enraged with me, that would be just awesome. I'd hate it if they liked me.

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 12:25 PM
If the GOP were enraged with me, that would be just awesome. I'd hate it if they liked me.

We don't even know you.

So we don't dislike you yet.

knight
04-16-2015, 12:27 PM
We don't even know you.

So we don't dislike you yet.

You will...........

Ransom
04-16-2015, 01:01 PM
I like Cigar.

He's my favorite pet minority on this board.

Following the Zimmerman case...especially following the acquittal, he went ballistic. Rage that included unreasoned comments, thus, I placed him on ignore where he's been ever since. I enjoy the threads a lot more. Some people take events and then comments in here...very seriously and very personally. They're on my ignore list.

Ransom
04-16-2015, 01:03 PM

You gotta be relevant to even illicit bothered by. Anger we save for our enemies abroad. Rage we leave to those in the Scooby van along with her supporters. Know any?

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 01:06 PM
Following the Zimmerman case...especially following the acquittal, he went ballistic. Rage that included unreasoned comments, thus, I placed him on ignore where he's been ever since. I enjoy the threads a lot more. Some people take events and then comments in here...very seriously and very personally. They're on my ignore list.

To each his own.

I don't have anyone on ignore.

Its better to hear what the enemy is saying than not.

Although I do wish I could put a couple of the mods on ignore but the software won't let me.

Captain Obvious
04-16-2015, 01:14 PM
To each his own.

I don't have anyone on ignore.

Its better to hear what the enemy is saying than not.

Although I do wish I could put a couple of the mods on ignore but the software won't let me.

Ransom is an ignore queen. He loves telling people who he has in ignore but he reads their posts anyway, he's just not smart enough to know how to disguise it well.

He has me on ignore because he can't handle brutal honesty, which I can't say I blame him. If he had a stronger will then maybe he could hang with me but unfortunately he can't.

texan
04-16-2015, 01:35 PM
Do you want is to accept your MSNBC opinion from madcow as news? Because it is somewhat general like saying they are "fully invested in fake scandals." Not sure what she means by the catch all?

Obama has been doing BS against the law well written executive orders to bypass everyone for a while, so that's not new or a new story.............But thanks for sharing breaking the story.

Hey how about the 19-0 vote against his stupid Iran bologna? All his boyz are about tired of the lone wolf act.

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 02:05 PM
Ransom is an ignore queen. He loves telling people who he has in ignore but he reads their posts anyway, he's just not smart enough to know how to disguise it well.

He has me on ignore because he can't handle brutal honesty, which I can't say I blame him. If he had a stronger will then maybe he could hang with me but unfortunately he can't.

Thats between you and Ransom.

I know you're a jerk but I have never had any problems with him.

Anyway I read all the posts and exclude no one.

Captain Obvious
04-16-2015, 02:15 PM
Thats between you and Ransom.

I know you're a jerk but I have never had any problems with him.

Anyway I read all the posts and exclude no one.

Well considering Ransom is probably the resident "most unpopular" member of the forum and you're not far behind, the birds of a feather concept applies then.

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Well considering Ransom is probably the resident "most unpopular" member of the forum and you're not far behind, the birds of a feather concept applies then.

Voted on by who?

You and the rest of the lib posse that runs this place?

I'll take that compliment every day.

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 02:25 PM
He thinks anyone left of Ted Nugent is "librul". Meanwhile he is mocked by actual conservatives who don't belong to the church of Limbaugh.

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 02:32 PM
He thinks anyone left of Ted Nugent is "librul". Meanwhile he is mocked by actual conservatives who don't belong to the church of Limbaugh.

I normally don't reply to illegal aliens but I'll make an exception once.

Conservatives think for themselves and do not see every issue the same way.

We have some libs who call themselves conservatives.

just as we have democrats posting here who call themselves non partisans.

For the left of center crowd deceit comes naturally.

Cigar
04-16-2015, 02:35 PM

Tell us more about Conservatives :grin:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6079/6059171609_a3d76ed892.jpg

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 02:36 PM

You're not a conservative. You're a ideologue being told what to think by your radio.

Venus
04-16-2015, 03:06 PM
This is a bizarre little thread.

Redrose
04-16-2015, 03:14 PM

That's his problem in a nut shell.

He has to care. He is supposed to be the president over ALL of us, not just the people who chose him.

He's just 1/3 of the pie. Exexcutive/Legislative/Judicial branches.

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 04:19 PM
He never did. He was always a divider and never a uniter. It is how he made his living.

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 04:25 PM
He never did. He was always a divider and never a uniter. It is how he made his living.

...as opposed to his friends in the GOP who just were so warm and fuzzy and who wanted nothing more than just to get along and cooperate.

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 04:28 PM
...as opposed to his friends in the GOP who just were so warm and fuzzy and who wanted nothing more than just to get along and cooperate.

Cooperate or roll over?

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 04:31 PM
Cooperate or roll over?

Cooperate. Or do you deny that Reps obstructed more than ever before and literally made governing take a back seat to destroying Obama?

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 04:35 PM
Cooperate. Or do you deny that Reps obstructed more than ever before and literally made governing take a back seat to destroying Obama?

Americans elected representatives to oppose the hard left agenda. That is the way our divided government works.

del
04-16-2015, 04:36 PM

an original thought would kill you

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 04:37 PM
Americans elected representatives to oppose the hard left agenda. That is the way our divided government works.

Hard left agenda?

...and "works" is a bit of an overstatement.

del
04-16-2015, 04:38 PM
Hard left agenda?

that's pete's new phrase that pays lol

PolWatch
04-16-2015, 04:46 PM
I agree that we have a system that needs opposing views in government. However, when one party announces that their purpose is to keep the president to one term....no way to pretend that is the way its intended to work. They signaled a policy of no cooperation or discussion and they got just what they wanted. It doesn't seem to have worked out too well for either side.

Bob
04-16-2015, 04:48 PM
I agree that we have a system that needs opposing views in government. However, when one party announces that their purpose is to keep the president to one term....no way to pretend that is the way its intended to work. They signaled a policy of no cooperation or discussion and they got just what they wanted. It doesn't seem to have worked out too well for either side.

Only one man said that. And you act as if this applies to only all republicans.

The Democrats stood on Bush and took a good long crap.

Bob
04-16-2015, 04:52 PM
From a fact checking site about the claim that republicans only goal is for Obama to be a one term president

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2010/oct/30/barack-obama/president-barack-obama-claims-mitch-mcconnell-says/

We're fact-checking the last part, the claim that "the Republican leader of the Senate said his main goal after this election is simply to win the next one."

It's based on a comment Sen. Mitch McConnelll made in an interview with the National Journal's Major Garrett on Oct. 29, 2010: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

So McConnelll said it. But we think some further context is in order.

McConnell said he had been studying the history of presidents who suffered big defeats in midterm elections in Congress, but then won re-election in two years anyway. McConnelll said he doesn't want Republicans to repeat the same mistakes that allowed that to happen.

"After 1994, the public had the impression we Republicans overpromised and underdelivered," McConnell said. "We suffered from some degree of hubris and acted as if the president was irrelevant and we would roll over him. By the summer of 1995, he was already on the way to being re-elected, and we were hanging on for our lives."

McConnell said Republicans need to treat the midterm elections as "the first step in retaking the government."

It was in that context that McConnell said, "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

Garrett asked if that meant "endless, or at least frequent, confrontation with the president?"

Said McConnell, "If President Obama does a Clintonian backflip, if he’s willing to meet us halfway on some of the biggest issues, it’s not inappropriate for us to do business with him."

In other words, in the very same interview, McConnell said that he'd be willing to work with Obama if Obama is "willing to meet us halfway." That's called compromise. And that sounds very much in the spirit of Obama's call to "seek out common ground."

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Hard left agenda?

Incorrect. Our Founders made it very hard to have contentious ideas turned into law. That is a good thing.

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 05:01 PM

You can't forget about the many hard left schemes that they opposed. Good for them. And they couldn't have done it without some (D)s. Obamacare passed with zero (R) votes.

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 05:08 PM
Incorrect. Our Founders made it very hard to have contentious ideas turned into law. That is a good thing.

Come on. Paint it anyway you want. But the fact is the Republicans have done everything in their power to oppose virtually everything. Cloture votes on nominees, Judicial confirmations and unprecedented filibusters. The GOP would rather see America fail then see Obama succeed.

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 05:10 PM
Come on. Paint it anyway you want. But the fact is the Republicans have done everything in their power to oppose virtually everything. Cloture votes on nominees, Judicial confirmations and unprecedented filibusters. The GOP would rather see America fail then see Obama succeed.

Many of Obama's schemes would lead to failure. Thank gods a lot of them were blocked.

What part of divided government is hard to understand? Our executive is a president, not a prime minister.

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 05:16 PM
Many of Obama's schemes would lead to failure. Thank gods a lot of them were blocked.

What part of divided government is hard to understand? Our executive is a president, not a prime minister.

Those horrible "schemes" like Infrastructure bills, Ending offshoring, equal pay for women?

Bob
04-16-2015, 05:22 PM
Those horrible "schemes" like Infrastructure bills, Ending offshoring, equal pay for women?

Why don't you see that what Obama wants, he gets? When congress does not do it, he does it using executive orders. He has nobody to blame for those things you mention but himself.

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 05:26 PM
Why don't you see that what Obama wants, he gets? When congress does not do it, he does it using executive orders. He has nobody to blame for those things you mention but himself.

If that was true he would have implemented EO's for all the things I mentioned and many many more.

You and Peter are delusional and blinded by partisanship.

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 05:27 PM
an original thought would kill you

Just because you sit the fence and bash everyone doesn't mean you are an original thinker.

Just a grumpy lib who can't make up your mind about anything.

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 05:28 PM
Just because you sit the fence and bash everyone doesn't mean you are an original thinker.

Did Rush tell you that?

Bob
04-16-2015, 05:30 PM
If that was true he would have implemented EO's for all the things I mentioned and many many more.

No, not true.

Obama brags he stimulated the economy. Apparently he got no help.

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 05:32 PM
No, not true.

Obama brags he stimulated the economy. Apparently he got no help.

He certainly didn't get any help. The Reps would rather see the country suffer in order to make Obama look bad.

It was certainly a despicable tactic.

Bob
04-16-2015, 05:36 PM
He certainly didn't get any help. The Reps would rather see the country suffer in order to make Obama look bad.

It was certainly a despicable tactic.

That is entirely untrue

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 05:36 PM

The list is long.

The equal pay for women meme is a false lie from the left. It is an example of how a government program could cause havoc if implemented.

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 05:37 PM

Incorrect. I am against the GOP was well.

You need to look in the mirror buddy.

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Incorrect. I am against the GOP was well.

You need to look in the mirror buddy.

I am quite handsome.

del
04-16-2015, 05:42 PM

wrong three times in twelve words; heckuva job, macky

Mac-7
04-16-2015, 05:50 PM
wrong three times in twelve words; heckuva job, macky

Im not wrong unless you prove me wrong.

And you just being a sorehead isn't good enough.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2015, 05:52 PM

And you support the tyrant? Of course you do.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2015, 05:54 PM
And you too support the tyrant.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2015, 05:58 PM
If only this was true. Destroying Obama should have been their only order of business until the job was done.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2015, 06:01 PM
When Obama succeeds the nation is damaged. I wanted him to fail. Instead the GOP rolled over and the nation was greatly damaged.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2015, 06:02 PM

Maybe they are blinded by a love for their country and its people. You have no such love.

Ransom
04-16-2015, 07:24 PM
Why would we GOPers be outraged at Obama, I'd like to give him kudos, he deserves kisses on both cheeks. Perhaps a review of history for those without any perspective. 2008 elections... we get slaughtered. Wiped off the map. Huge majorities in the House and Senate, and McCain got hurt less getting shot down in Vietnam than he did getting pummeled in the Presidential election, it wasn't close. Obama has his pen and phone and Congressional majorities. We Repubs stumbling around electing Michael Steele as RNC, wandering around without a purpose. Without a vision.

And a miracle occurs. No GOP platform. No one being convinced the GOP was better, we still poll in the toilet in Congress. By the sheer incompetence, the adorable smirk, the inability to solve from oil spill to Iranian crisis. His signature health care ins initiative an utter and colossal fck up. The website didn't even f'n work. He's more flip flops than Jimmy f'n Buffet, Gitmo is open, you ain't gonna save sh!t on health ins, you ain't gonna keep your plan or doctor, al-Qaeda isn't anywhere near on the run, from Israel to Russia hates our guts, our economy as stagnant as the current grasp of history on this forum, this is easily the worst President times fifteen..... and I love him! Without his lack of leadership skills.... we Republicans don't sniff a majority until the 2020s.

Outraged. I've posted in here before, I'm thinking he seriously be a secret agent for the GOP. To destroy the Democrat Party. He's been your worst enemy for 6 years, poisonous to Congressional candidates, this past election a thrill to watch as they abandoned ship. This election..... it's going to be critical that the Dem differentiate themselves from Obama. No one wants four more years of this.

Common Sense
04-16-2015, 07:35 PM
Why would we GOPers be outraged at Obama, I'd like to give him kudos, he deserves kisses on both cheeks. Perhaps a review of history for those without any perspective. 2008 elections... we get slaughtered. Wiped off the map. Huge majorities in the House and Senate, and McCain got hurt less getting shot down in Vietnam than he did getting pummeled in the Presidential election, it wasn't close. Obama has his pen and phone and Congressional majorities. We Repubs stumbling around electing Michael Steele as RNC, wandering around without a purpose. Without a vision.

And a miracle occurs. No GOP platform. No one being convinced the GOP was better, we still poll in the toilet in Congress. By the sheer incompetence, the adorable smirk, the inability to solve from oil spill to Iranian crisis. His signature health care ins initiative an utter and colossal fck up. The website didn't even f'n work. He's more flip flops than Jimmy f'n Buffet, Gitmo is open, you ain't gonna save sh!t on health ins, you ain't gonna keep your plan or doctor, al-Qaeda isn't anywhere near on the run, from Israel to Russia hates our guts, our economy as stagnant as the current grasp of history on this forum, this is easily the worst President times fifteen..... and I love him! Without his lack of leadership skills.... we Republicans don't sniff a majority until the 2020s.

Outraged. I've posted in here before, I'm thinking he seriously be a secret agent for the GOP. To destroy the Democrat Party. He's been your worst enemy for 6 years, poisonous to Congressional candidates, this past election a thrill to watch as they abandoned ship. This election..... it's going to be critical that the Dem differentiate themselves from Obama. No one wants four more years of this.

Then it's going to be really hard for you to explain the GOP's loss in next years election.

Peter1469
04-16-2015, 07:39 PM

Carry on boys.

Warning: Please don’t call members names.

Ransom
04-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Then it's going to be really hard for you to explain the GOP's loss in next years election.

No it won't and it does explain the election we had less than 6 months ago. Want me to prove it to you? You pay attention to our politics, what was the 2014 GOP platform? What were we standing for? I mean other than our racism, bigotry, hatred for women, disregard for children, uncaring for the sick or elderly, and ridiculous faith in God and silly respect for the unborn?

Ransom
04-16-2015, 07:49 PM
And then Sense tell me..... you get hired as an outsider looking in to advise political parties..... do you advise someone adopt the 'four more years' platform? More of this same? Need a job?

The Sage of Main Street
04-17-2015, 01:39 PM
. GOPer NOPErs don't believe that, or they would have let Obama have his way, fail miserably, and lose 2012 in a landslide. By the Disloyal Opposition's behavior, we can judge that they were scared silly that Obama's programs would work if unobstructed.

Peter1469
04-17-2015, 03:55 PM
:shocked: