PDA

View Full Version : Iran: We Can Hit 35 US Bases In Minutes......

MMC
07-07-2012, 01:42 AM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/c5u80_cvDLEDBqqvGkP60Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzYwO2NyPTE7Y3c9NjQwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0xMDc7cT04NTt3PTE5MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/gma/us.abcnews.go.com/ht_military_drill_iran_dm_120703_wmain.jpg

An Iranian military commander said that his country has detailed contingency plans to strike nearly three dozen U.S. military bases in the region should Iran be attacked, local media reported Wednesday.
Hajizadeh's claims come as the IRGC conducts a major military exercise (http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/iran-long-range-missiles-attack-mock-enemy-bases/story?id=16702586) in which it has fired a barrage of missiles at "mock enemy bases" set up in the Iranian desert. Another IRGC commander, Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami, told reporters Tuesday the main aim of the drill "was to demonstrate the Iranian nation's political resolve to defend [its] vital values and national interests," according to Iran's state-run Press TV.

Iran's new drills also coincided with fresh tensions that followed a new round of harsh sanctions (http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/oil-rises-84-amid-tighter-iran-sanctions-16701038) against Iran that targeted the country's oil exports to Europe. Dozens of Iranian lawmakers have reportedly called on the Iranian military to shut down the Strait of Hormuz -- a narrow, strategic waterway that connects the Persian Gulf to the Arabian Sea through which an estimated one-fifth of the world's oil travels. As an apparent precaution against such action, the U.S. has quietly been building up its military forces (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/07/us-increases-forces-in-persian-gulf-as-iran-tensions-rise/) in the Persian Gulf.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-hit-35-us-bases-minutes-151115760--abc-news-topstories.html

More Sanctions Allegedly.....then more Sabre Rattling by the Iranians. Interesting to note more of their politicians are calling for them to close the Strait of Hormuz. Can they be pushed into a corner and beat down continuoisly without them taking some sort of action? Then this repeats the cycle with market prices falling due to threats by Iran. Test firing of their various missiles.

This doesn't even include if they decide to speak out on Syria and Assad. Or if they even threaten to assist Assad.

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 08:20 AM
So what. We can turn Iran into a glass parking lot in 20 minutes.

MMC
07-07-2012, 09:04 AM
So what. We can turn Iran into a glass parking lot in 20 minutes.

I know we can.....thats not even debatable.

Although, myself I favor emptying out our prisons, rounding up the bangers and organized crime. Dropping them off first and telling them. There ya go.....the ME. It's all yours. Do what you do best. Then we send in the rest. Problem solved all the way round. Plus now we have New lands, new places to call our own. New States!

Still do you think Iran is just going to sit back and do nothing? Why wouldn't they take advantage of the time? Especially when the Peace President is over exntending us and knowing Obama will not be able to handle Putin.

Shoot the Goose
07-07-2012, 10:17 AM
I know we can.....thats not even debatable.

Although, myself I favor emptying out our prisons, rounding up the bangers and organized crime. Dropping them off first and telling them. There ya go.....the ME. It's all yours. Do what you do best. Then we send in the rest. Problem solved all the way round. Plus now we have New lands, new places to call our own. New States!

Still do you think Iran is just going to sit back and do nothing? Why wouldn't they take advantage of the time? Especially when the Peace President is over exntending us and knowing Obama will not be able to handle Putin.

Castro did it with the Mariel boat lift. Frankly, a brilliant move on his part.

Otherwise, "We Can Hit 35 US Bases In Minutes ...." seems like the beginning of a very sick game of "Name That Tune".

MMC
07-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Castro did it with the Mariel boat lift. Frankly, a brilliant move on his part.

Otherwise, "We Can Hit 35 US Bases In Minutes ...." seems like the beginning of a very sick game of "Name That Tune".

It is gettting to be redundant and I am thinking as to how the markets react all by Iran Sabre-rattling. Knowing full well Iran is not going to jump off and attack the US. Declaring or not declaring. All know what ensues and then they have no recourse. So their bullshit excuses about doling out money is nothing more than that. All with that global market thingy. :rollseyes:

Moreover the EU knows placing these sanctions on them bites into their economies and the whole bit. Especially at a time when they cannot afford to have anything negative hitting them as is.

As for Name that Tune.....Looks like they Went with James Brown. Say it Loud Say it Proud!

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 11:09 AM
We can round up all of our illegals and drop them off there as well.

MMC
07-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Well I doubt we will ever drop a Nuke on Somebody again unless they have fired such first anyways. Which All know!

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 11:42 AM
I don't know about that. We have the rouge state Pakistan out there. If their government falls we might have no choice but to turn their nuke facilities into glass parking lots.

Conley
07-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Which bases do they mean? Some tiny FOBs? Weak, even by Iranian sabre rattling standards.

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 11:57 AM
Which bases do they mean? Some tiny FOBs? Weak, even by Iranian sabre rattling standards.

Yes, tiny bases. We saw what Iranian rockets did in Iraq. Sure they will kill some people if they are lucky, but as far as waging war goes- they should be embarrassed.

MMC
07-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I think most would be concerned about Bahrain.....don't ya think? If they are a force to be reckoned with this will be the major concern with the Strait of Hormuz.

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't think that the Iranians could defeat our fleet there. All of them.

MMC
07-07-2012, 12:18 PM
I don't think that the Iranians could defeat our fleet there. All of them.

I agree.....but I do think they can hit Bahrian with ease, with missiles.

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 01:22 PM
I agree.....but I do think they can hit Bahrian with ease, with missiles.

Right, and their missiles are an embarrassment.

roadmaster
07-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Iran is all talk. Don't want them to ever get nuclear weapons but they do have a right to have nuclear energy. Just hard to trust them and I don't.

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 01:48 PM
They are a rouge state. They should not be allowed nuclear tech. I don't advocate military action. But covert action and crushing economic sanctions.

MMC
07-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Right, and their missiles are an embarrassment.

Won't look good for those Arabs stateside tho.

Peter1469
07-07-2012, 01:56 PM
I am not sure what that means.

I have seen the results of Iranian missiles. They make a bang and some smoke, and sometimes kill people, but not many. You practically have to get hit directly to be harmed by them.

MMC
07-08-2012, 12:07 AM
I am not sure what that means.

I have seen the results of Iranian missiles. They make a bang and some smoke, and sometimes kill people, but not many. You practically have to get hit directly to be harmed by them.

I meant on Land and around that Port. Also I wouldn't dismiss their Soviet Missiles.